Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

I Pity Dora - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Pity Dora (5423 Views)

I Pity The New Ooni's Wife / Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths / Fayose Is A Domestic Animal, I Pity The People Of Ekiti --- IBB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Pity Dora by joeyfire(m): 12:54pm On Dec 07, 2009
The woman has disgraced herself by accepting the post of official federal govt alariwo. After making a name for herself as a saviour of lives she went and took the most despised and manipulated scapegoat position in sub-saharan africa. Good luck toher cos she's going to need it
Re: I Pity Dora by bisiaet: 1:19pm On Dec 07, 2009
Very pitiful every time I look at this woman on TV feel so pity for her she is very hardworking determine woman I respect her a lot but very unfortunate that a right person(Prof Akuyili) working under a wrong government.
Re: I Pity Dora by fuke(m): 2:03pm On Dec 07, 2009
The Professor by now would know that Pharmacology is emperical science where reactions are predictable.
  For instance you know that Hydrochloric acid on Zinc will produce Hydrogen whether in Nigeria or Iceland.
  Humans do not react like that.

When the lady took this job I knew she would quickly deplete the credits she acquired at NAFDAC.

The fact of the matter is that Nigeria is a bad product and as Kotler, the father of modern Marketing said, no
marketing can sell a bad product. That man is being vindicated once again by this ladys experience at rebranding
Nigeria.

Nigeria is rotten inside and tons of detergent can not clean her. Nigeria needs heavy dose of antibiotics or surgical operation.
Re: I Pity Dora by fuke(m): 2:06pm On Dec 07, 2009
The Professor by now would know that Pharmacology is emperical science where reactions are predictable.
  For instance you know that Hydrochloric acid on Zinc will produce Hydrogen whether in Nigeria or Iceland.

When the lady took this job I knew she would quickly deplete the credits she acquired at NAFDAC.

The fact of the matter is that Nigeria is a bad product and as Kotler, the father of modern Marketing said, no
 marketing can sell a bad product. That man is being vindicated once again by this ladys experience at rebranding
  Nigeria.

Nigeria is rotten inside and tons of detergent can not clean her. Nigeria needs heavy dose of antibiotics or surgical operation.
Re: I Pity Dora by 3kay945(m): 2:38pm On Dec 07, 2009
power nd money re so sweet, that why she is deaf nd blind to the truth, embarassed
Re: I Pity Dora by olalekan1(m): 3:36pm On Dec 07, 2009
When the godfather of Amala politics (Lamidi Adedibu)said it that dora had lobbied to him for ministerial appointment and later she became the minister of information then I know she was not going to ministry of information to serve but to enrich her pocket.
Re: I Pity Dora by pek(m): 3:56pm On Dec 07, 2009
she failed immediately she accepted the job.
Re: I Pity Dora by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On Dec 07, 2009
pek:

she failed immediately she accepted the job.

I disagree!!! Dora has a chance to CHANGE the status quo, not by going after the way the people think but by attacking issues as they ought to be attacked. How about starting off first by encouraging her boss to sign the FOI bill? That bill is about information. Why not attack that for the good of the nation? She could use her office to ensure that information reaching the public is nothing but the truth, kill this rumour mill that feeds the nation, which seems to have gained a power of it's own.

She decided to take the pill, of her own. She does not deserve our pity, neither was she cajoled into taking this job or running with the strategies she has so far. We need to be more fair in the way we judge these officials, for only that way will we be better able to know those who are serious and those who are just power hungry and looking to get their own share of the national cake.
Re: I Pity Dora by yeswecan(m): 4:13pm On Dec 07, 2009
There is an obvious point here,  the LED is the problem not the leaders, far as i understand, the reality of SOCIAL CONSTRUCT is not known to Nigerians or simply we are in the path we have chosen,  there is no bunch of elites dictating our collective direction we are in charge and retardation is what we enrolled for. Enough of the criticism of our government, we are in charge we are the government and we have chosen not to be responsible that’s the FACT.

I must commend Prof. Dora Akunyili  for her indefatigable effort towards rebranding our beloved country though I think ministers should be appointed based on subject-relations and merit. She could have done better in health ministry or possibly NAFDAC boss JUST MY THOUGHT
Re: I Pity Dora by citizenY(m): 4:39pm On Dec 07, 2009
The Dora phenomenon is half determination and half press hype. The period of
determination was immediately she went to Nafdac. After the attempted murder, every other thing
became press hype and receipt of awards.

The biggest faux pas was to go on to become Minister of Information. This woman has been destroyed
by PDP and she does not seem to understand this. IT IS A DEN OF THIEVES, KILLERS AND OUTRIGHTLY
INEPT FELLOWS. She has no business defending anyone or any stupid policy. I do not know how to re brand faeces.
Somebody tell me, call it another name, put deodorant or swallow it so that others may not see it?

I think Dora is doing all at the same time and it is becoming too messy with every passing day.

Maybe she should swallow her pride and listen to those who love her, for a change.
Re: I Pity Dora by naijaking1: 4:45pm On Dec 07, 2009
^^^^
Gaskiya mana.
Re: I Pity Dora by toshmann(m): 5:11pm On Dec 07, 2009
no be dis same dora proclaim, . . ''who said there is no God'' . . . in excitement after the ''election'' of 2007 which brought this administration to power? no be dis same dora that was part and parcel of this ne gang of thieves killing us right from the campaign?

abegi
Re: I Pity Dora by toshmann(m): 5:19pm On Dec 07, 2009
citizenY:

This woman has been destroyed
by PDP and she does not seem to understand this. IT IS A DEN OF THIEVES, KILLERS AND OUTRIGHTLY
INEPT FELLOWS.

abegi abegi abegi oo o o o this woman is part of the PDP fabric. she and her comrade at arms have decieved gullible nigerians into believing she is a saint. people believe she is an ''outsider'' . . OMG people wake up and smell the coffee, she is a rogue like the rest of them.
Re: I Pity Dora by GeorgeD1(m): 6:10pm On Dec 07, 2009
all this wey una dey talk no concern dora. she has her eyes on a bigger pie: governor! and if her actions and utterances during the osun state governorship re-run is anything to go by, she wouldn't mind rigging herself there! grin
Re: I Pity Dora by ayinba1(f): 7:00pm On Dec 07, 2009
WHy pity? Na rope dem take tie am for the position? She has been a disappointment and really what did we expect?
She has mouths to eed anyways, Her kids US school tuition etc etc,

No pity am, she is doing what she was employed for. Making a bigger fool of Nigeria.
Re: I Pity Dora by GeorgeD1(m): 8:14pm On Dec 07, 2009
it's a big lesson for all. once you're infected with the corruption disease, there is no more limits to the depths you can descend. sad
Re: I Pity Dora by MUZBO(m): 9:58pm On Dec 07, 2009
Until punks like Dora and her like minded cohort of confused megalomaniacs learn to take the resignation route out of such failed governments then I'll never pity them. Whoever is pitying her should suck it.
Re: I Pity Dora by MUZBO(m): 9:59pm On Dec 07, 2009
Until punks like Dora and her like minded cohort of confused megalomaniacs learn to take the resignation route out of such failed governments then I'll never pity them. Whoever is pitying her should suck it.
Re: I Pity Dora by Fhemmmy: 10:09pm On Dec 07, 2009
I am just kinda surprised and would like to know what pitying her is all about
Re: I Pity Dora by software(m): 10:09pm On Dec 07, 2009
What do you expect from a Nigeria Politician? She has been a politician all the while. AM not suprised ooo
Re: I Pity Dora by taosola(m): 8:07am On Dec 08, 2009
Well everyone is entitle to thier opinions. It's obvious that DORA has good intention for the nation I just pray that God crown all your efforts with sound success in a challenging nation of our own.[color=][/color]
Re: I Pity Dora by chrisrock(m): 10:49am On Dec 08, 2009
@toasola you better wake up from your slumber and face reality,if anyone needs re branding i feel it the government,for GOD sake they are the masterminders of all corrupt practises in this country.I knew before now that Dora on her own is a propaganda ,she was just busy acting babas script,i would never fill pity for her,and i know that one day all the corrupt and evil men in Nigeria will pay dearly for every penny they have stolen while in office, all we need is in country now is a BLOODY REVOLUTION.only a bloody revolution can save the plight of injustice in Nigeria now,
Re: I Pity Dora by GeorgeD1(m): 12:28pm On Dec 08, 2009
Fhemmmy:

I am just kinda surprised and would like to know what pitying her is all about

'pitying' her means being sorry for her because of her reputation which has gone up in smoke.
Re: I Pity Dora by vislabraye(m): 2:01pm On Dec 08, 2009
fuke:

Nigeria.

fuke:

Exactly, I mean, whats the correlation between empirical science and politics. She was doing well in NAFDAC, she should have known that was the right place for her. If she had rejected the offer to be minister of Information, I still believe she would not lack. If she still decides to work, there are several world class organisations that would require her services, some people just don't think.

Using the analogy of football; Imagine someone like Peter Cech saying he wants to play as a striker. it sounds ridiculous. Thats what Dora is doing.
Re: I Pity Dora by ozalogbo: 2:17pm On Dec 08, 2009
The situation in our country has made a lot of Nigerians to be very critical and suspicious of especially public servants. Notwithstanding, Dora has remained credible, as an individual.
Re: I Pity Dora by Kobojunkie: 2:41pm On Dec 08, 2009
Yeah!!! She remains quite credible as minister of information in a country where most all the news the people get of happenings at the federal level, are nothing but 70% rumours. Shows she is doing a fantastic job.
Re: I Pity Dora by santanovva(m): 3:11pm On Dec 08, 2009
I pity Dora seriously. The rebranding process goes beyond chanting the mantra:"good people, whatever!"A wholistic approach is necessary. Changing a brand name would be of no significance if the brand's quality (REAL and PERCEIVED) are not improved. , In the case of Nigeria, except by Divine intervention (yes, Divine, because we seem to lack credible leaders to pull it through!)we will remain with such distasteful adulation!
Re: I Pity Dora by GeorgeD1(m): 8:29pm On Dec 08, 2009
don't be surprised she's still hanging on there. she has a game plan smiley
Re: I Pity Dora by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 08, 2009
Its complete rubbish anyway to hold the minister responsible for the country's image.

Nigerians really need to grow up, take responsibility for their own lives and start doing the right thing. Practically this means shopping the fraudsters, the robbers, the kidnappers and the ritualists in their midst.

There is no minister of information that can do this.
Re: I Pity Dora by Stallion84(m): 10:33pm On Dec 08, 2009
To me, i believe she was too intoxicated wt the power she had during her reign in Nafdac. Obviously she did a good job and the whole world hailed her for it. Bt information??haba. i bet all she wanted was the madam minister acknowledgement with the power attached therein. i watched a bit of the debate with her counterpart. she was better than the man in speech and other things. bt the organizers did not bother to look for professionalism and experience in this field. i hope one day, a biologist would become the chief of  army staff, lol shocked
Dora, u for stay ya field wey u dey thrive naa.
Re: I Pity Dora by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 08, 2009
^^

You need to be a bit more constructive and specific because I don't know what you are on about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Statement Congratulating Jim Yong Kim / Free LAGBUS Ride On Sallah Day / APGA Appeal Panel Upholds Disqualification Of Soludo And Five Others In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.