Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

...... - Islam for Muslims (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / ...... (215065 Views)

Angels Of Mercy: Some Of The Houses They Do Not Enter / It's Delusional & Sign Of Apostasy To Believe Angels Are Caught On Video Camera / Differences Between Angels And Jinn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (164) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ...... by aumeehn: 2:29pm On Aug 09, 2020
Empiree:
Walaikum Salaam

Your should always observe Muqaddimah before and after. I have said this several times. Muqaddimah is prologue i:e istigfar 100x, la ilaha Ila Allah 100x, salawat 100x. This is the minimum.
thanks Alot. And please as for the recitation can i recite like 1k that is all the Ayas? Or single recitation is enough? May Allah continue to bless you ameen
Re: ...... by Empiree: 3:44pm On Aug 09, 2020
aumeehn:
thanks Alot. And please as for the recitation can i recite like 1k that is all the Ayas? Or single recitation is enough? May Allah continue to bless you ameen
I don't quite understand your question. Rephrase please

Better still, you may reference nakali you are referring to.
Re: ...... by aumeehn: 4:52pm On Aug 09, 2020
Empiree:
I don't quite understand your question. Rephrase please

Better still, you may reference nakali you are referring to.
i mean, since the Ayas (verses) are short, can i recite all the Verses like 1k times? And secondly is the Recitation done in orderly manner? That is the first Kun fa Ya kuun then the second till the last one, or it can be recited anyhow.

I hope you understand. Thanks
Re: ...... by Tessyy1701: 5:24pm On Aug 09, 2020
aumeehn:
Assalamu Alaikum. Sheik i came across this post while reading the thread from the first page. There is this Sirri of Kun Fa Ya Kuun that i have, its just like a formular because it's mixed with Jawhara and Barhatiy and Dala'ilul khairat so its kinda voluminous not something a learner like me can do but i have it sha. Now my question is After extracting the Ayats, i should just go ahead and recite it with niyya or is there something i will do before or after reciting the Ayats? Please shed more light. May Allah bless you aboundantly ameen.

Ya akhee, can some of Us benefit from it
Re: ...... by Empiree: 9:04pm On Aug 09, 2020
aumeehn:
i mean, since the Ayas (verses) are short, can i recite all the Verses like 1k times? And secondly is the Recitation done in orderly manner? That is the first Kun fa Ya kuun then the second till the last one, or it can be recited anyhow.

I hope you understand. Thanks
Yes you can. But i still want you to make reference from the post so i can have vivid memory of this particular dua you are referring to. Looks like you made reference to my old post.
Re: ...... by aumeehn: 7:30am On Aug 10, 2020
Empiree:
Yes you can. But i still want you to make reference from the post so i can have vivid memory of this particular dua you are referring to. Looks like you made reference to my old post.
okay. By Quran calculation there are 8 Kun Faa Yaa Kuun,

if a person can extract all the Kun Faa Yaa Kuun in the Quran it is a powerful sirri just like the 7 Mubeen in Suratul Yaseen.

If i can remember vividly there is even a Wazifa for Yaseen that you posted on this thread, where you said we should recite Ya Qahar and other tasbih when we reach each Mubeen.

What i am talking about now is the sirri of Kun Faa Yaa Kuun, even though you didnt post the whole nakali in details, i was able to decode it since i have an idea of the Nakali as i said earlier.

So is it advisable to print the Whole 8 Kun faa Yaa Kuun and be reciting it or is there something that should be done, apart from the Muqaddima?

I hope you now understand what i am talking about. Jazakallahu khair.
Re: ...... by aumeehn: 7:38am On Aug 10, 2020
Tessyy1701:

Ya akhee, can some of Us benefit from it
what? Are you talking about the Kun Faa Yaa Kuun sirri? Just follow my post with that of sheik empire, as for the one i said i have is very voluminous, almost 5 to 6 pages, even if i manage to scan the docs for you, executing it will be a huge problem for you. That stuff is very powerful. But if you are intrested you can extract the verses and wait for further clarification from mallam empire thanks.
Re: ...... by Tessyy1701: 8:11am On Aug 10, 2020
aumeehn:
what? Are you talking about the Kun Faa Yaa Kuun sirri? Just follow my post with that of sheik empire, as for the one i said i have is very voluminous, almost 5 to 6 pages, even if i manage to scan the docs for you, executing it will be a huge problem for you. That stuff is very powerful. But if you are intrested you can extract the verses and wait for further clarification from mallam empire thanks.

Jazakumullah khaeran
Re: ...... by Empiree: 1:35pm On Aug 10, 2020
aumeehn:
okay. By Quran calculation there are 8 Kun Faa Yaa Kuun,

if a person can extract all the Kun Faa Yaa Kuun in the Quran it is a powerful sirri just like the 7 Mubeen in Suratul Yaseen.

If i can remember vividly there is even a Wazifa for Yaseen that you posted on this thread, where you said we should recite Ya Qahar and other tasbih when we reach each Mubeen.

What i am talking about now is the sirri of Kun Faa Yaa Kuun, even though you didnt post the whole nakali in details, i was able to decode it since i have an idea of the Nakali as i said earlier.

So is it advisable to print the Whole 8 Kun faa Yaa Kuun and be reciting it or is there something that should be done, apart from the Muqaddima?

I hope you now understand what i am talking about. Jazakallahu khair.
oh did I post Kun Fa Ya Kun here?. I don't recall posting it here at all.

Well all eight Kun Fa Ya Kun recitation is nakali on its own. You can simply extract them from Qur'an in order and recite them in order after salat fajr everyday. This is different from the other nakali I posted in which you recite entire sura Yasin. That's one is actually mubin because I remembered posting this.

There are 2 ways you can recite Kun Fa Ya Kun. If you are not in hurry, as in going to work etc, you take your time to recite each Kun Fa Ya individually. After each Kun Fa Ya Kun you say your niyat.

But if your are in hurry to go out you can recite the whole Kun Fa Ya Kun in order and at the end of the last Kun Fa Ya Kun you say your niyat.

Again, always make your muqadima permanent in every Dua you make especially this three:

Istigfar
Shahada
Salawat

And after Dua you recite salawat again. What this means is tawasul. That is, Allah will not accept your Dua at the beginning and reject it at the end. Vice versa.

I hope I grabbed your question and I hope this answers your question?.

1 Like

Re: ...... by aumeehn: 4:57pm On Aug 10, 2020
Thanks sheik Empiree.

Yes you finally answered me correctly. Because i was contemplating weather the recitation should be done in oder or randomly, but you cleared the way for me thanks.

Lol @posting Kun Faa Yaa Kuun here, actually you just mention it the only people that will understand are those that have an idea about it. Thanks once again.

2 Likes

Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 7:57pm On Aug 10, 2020
aumeehn:
mallam You don forget me ba. Still waiting for that screenshot of the Ayats Ukupakuti posted for you and Emekaraj i hope you remember.
Seems you don't want to believe me. Sincerely I mistakenly deleted the screenshots when trying to free my phone memory. I was randomly selecting them without necessarily looking at the content them. I just think they are old screenshot, hence the need to get them out.

Go back to the page and the take the screenshot of other important points their. I think the only thing missing is where ikupakuti list exclusively where the word manlu(money) was specifically mentioned in the Quran, which you can extract by yourself using Quranic software.

You just have to type the word manlu in Arabic, voila you get all the references in the Quran in a jiffy. If I find the software system again I might try it out for you. But it something you can do/search for by yourself.

Then you recite Q56 (104) times
Seven 7x those manlu verses extracted in a sitting @ night for 17 days. grin

1 Like

Re: ...... by Rasram: 10:54pm On Aug 10, 2020
WHAT ARE THE ELEMENTAL SCIENCES (`uluum al-awwaliyya)?‎

by Shaykh Muhammad Shareef bin Farid

Many people have been duped by charlatans of the Sufi Path into thinking that the elemental sciences such ‎as medicine, astronomy, astrology, geomancy, onomatomancy and circular ‎divinatory tables, mathematics ‎etc are among the sciences of secrets (`uluum al-asraar). Those who make this claim know nothing of the ‎sciences of secrets and dupe their followers by dangling before them occult elemental sciences passing it ‎off as secrets.‎

Shaykh Abd’l-Qaadir Dan Tafa said in his Shukr al-Waahib:‎

لَقَدْ أَفَدْنَا مِن عُلُومِ الأَوَّلِ
مِن نُبَذٍ كَثِيرَةٍ أَوْ جَمَلٍ
We garnered benefit from the elemental sciences
From many small books or from condensed texts

بِالنَّقْلِ أَوْ بِمَا بِأَيْدِنَا وَقَعَ
مِنْ كُتُبٍ لَهُم وَمِن تَصَانِيفٍ جُمِعَ
By means of textual transmission or by what fell in my hands
From books on these and what had been collected from texts
وَكَثْرَةِ الْمُطَالِعَاتِ فِيهَا
بِالْفَهْمِ أَوْ بِالنَّقْلِ عَن ذَوِيهَا
And from extensive perusal of these texts
With comprehension or transmission from its masters

So, what are the elemental sciences? The ‘elemental sciences’ (`uluum awwaliyya) are called ‘elemental’ or ‎‎‘primary’ sciences because these were the sciences which existed before the appearance of the Prophet, ‎may Allah bless him and grant him peace. It is said that some of these sciences were originally taught to ‎Adam, upon him be peace. Some say that these sciences were taught to Prophet Idris (Enoch), upon him be ‎peace. Some say that these sciences were taught to Prophet Sulayman ibn Dawud, upon him be peace. ‎While some say that these sciences were taught to al-Maseeh Isa ibn Maryum, upon them be peace. ‎

Some say that these sciences include the philosophical sciences and natural sciences bequeathed to the ‎Muslims from the ancient Egyptian, Hellenistic, Persian, Sino and Hindu civilizations. I say, the elemental ‎sciences (`uluum awwaa’il) embrace all of the above since they include the positive natural, philosophical, ‎medicinal, mathematical, astronomical and other obscure sciences (`uluum ghaamid) which existed before ‎the descent of the Qur’an, and were used to manipulate or bring about harmony in creation. ‎

The early Muslim community naturally avoided these elemental sciences based on the warning in the words ‎of Allah ta`ala: “And when a messenger comes to them from Allah, confirming what they possess, a party of ‎them who received the Scripture fling the Scripture of Allah behind their backs, as if they did not know. They ‎then follow that which devils falsely attribute to Sulayman. However, Sulayman did not disbelieve, but it was ‎the devils who disbelieved, teaching magic to mankind and that which was revealed to the0 two Angels in ‎Babel, Harut and Marut. These two Angels did not teach anyone without first saying: ‘We are only a ‎temptation, therefore do not disbelieve.’ From them people learned what would cause division between a ‎man and his wife. However, they only cause harm by the permission of Allah. They also learned what brings ‎harm and brings no advantage. Indeed they are unaware that whoever traffics in it will have no portion in ‎the Hereafter, and indeed evil is the price for those who sell their souls.” ‎

There were also the admonitions from the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace in ‎many prophetic traditions in which he criticized the use of astrology, theoretical mathematics or any ‎rational science which did not lead to knowledge of Allah or assist in the worship of Allah. Al-Qanuuji tells ‎us in his Abjaad’l-`Uluum that this was the same during the time of the Companions and throughout the ‎Umayyad period in which the elemental sciences were mostly shunned. However, the second ruler of the ‎Abbasid Caliphate, Abu Ja`far al-Mansuur, who was deeply learned in jurisprudence, began an entrenched ‎study of philosophy and astronomy and showed great respect for the intellectuals of these sciences. ‎

It was later under the rule of Abdallah al-Ma’muun ibn ar-Rashid who officially established institutions to ‎translate into Arabic the works of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates, Ptolemy, Euclid and others of Hellenistic ‎civilization. In addition to this the mathematical and astronomical works from Sino and Hindu civilization ‎utilized by the Persians were encouraged to be translated and studied. It is well known that the ideas of ‎ancient Egyptian civilization which survived the burning of the libraries in Alexandria and Karnak were also ‎actively sought after and studied. In the town of al-Karkh in Iraq, Muslim intellectuals studied the elemental ‎sciences from the Jews and Christians there. ‎

2 Likes

Re: ...... by aumeehn: 12:08am On Aug 11, 2020
LadunaI:

Seems you don't want to believe me. Sincerely I mistakenly deleted the screenshots when trying to free my phone memory. I was randomly selecting them without necessarily looking at the content them. I just think they are old screenshot, hence the need to get them out.

Go back to the page and the take the screenshot of other important points their. I think the only thing missing is where ikupakuti list exclusively where the word manlu(money) was specifically mentioned in the Quran, which you can extract by yourself using Quranic software.

You just have to type the word manlu in Arabic, voila you get all the references in the Quran in a jiffy. If I find the software system again I might try it out for you. But it something you can do/search for by yourself.

Then you recite Q56 (104) times
Seven 7x those manlu verses extracted in a sitting @ night for 17 days. grin
lol. Why wont i believe you. Thanks for the clarification. I am seeing morethan 6k verses fa. I type the word مال. Is it up to that number? Kinda confused
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 8:39am On Aug 11, 2020
aumeehn:
lol. Why wont i believe you. Thanks for the clarification. I am seeing morethan 6k verses fa. I type the word مال. Is it up to that number? Kinda confused

Haba! the total number of Quranic verses is estimated to be between 6238-6666, how come مال verse up to 6k . May be the software you are using is not good enough. I will look into my system, if I find it I will do the search also. But definitely the one ikupakuti posted is not up to that.

If my memory serves me well, it shouldn't be more than 100 verses or a little less. Let me try it out, I will let you know the outcome insha Allah.
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 8:44am On Aug 11, 2020
Rasram:

Many people have been duped by charlatans of the Sufi Path into thinking that the elemental sciences such ‎as medicine, astronomy, astrology, geomancy, onomatomancy and circular ‎divinatory tables, mathematics ‎etc are among the sciences of secrets (`uluum al-asraar). Those who make this claim know nothing of the ‎sciences of secrets and dupe their followers by dangling before them occult elemental sciences passing it ‎off as secrets.‎

Shaykh Abd’l-Qaadir Dan Tafa said in his Shukr al-Waahib:‎

لَقَدْ أَفَدْنَا مِن عُلُومِ الأَوَّلِ
مِن نُبَذٍ كَثِيرَةٍ أَوْ جَمَلٍ
We garnered benefit from the elemental sciences
From many small books or from condensed texts

بِالنَّقْلِ أَوْ بِمَا بِأَيْدِنَا وَقَعَ
مِنْ كُتُبٍ لَهُم وَمِن تَصَانِيفٍ جُمِعَ
By means of textual transmission or by what fell in my hands
From books on these and what had been collected from texts
وَكَثْرَةِ الْمُطَالِعَاتِ فِيهَا
بِالْفَهْمِ أَوْ بِالنَّقْلِ عَن ذَوِيهَا
And from extensive perusal of these texts
With comprehension or transmission from its masters

So, what are the elemental sciences? The ‘elemental sciences’ (`uluum awwaliyya) are called ‘elemental’ or ‎‎‘primary’ sciences because these were the sciences which existed before the appearance of the Prophet, ‎may Allah bless him and grant him peace. It is said that some of these sciences were originally taught to ‎Adam, upon him be peace. Some say that these sciences were taught to Prophet Idris (Enoch), upon him be ‎peace. Some say that these sciences were taught to Prophet Sulayman ibn Dawud, upon him be peace. ‎While some say that these sciences were taught to al-Maseeh Isa ibn Maryum, upon them be peace. ‎

Some say that these sciences include the philosophical sciences and natural sciences bequeathed to the ‎Muslims from the ancient Egyptian, Hellenistic, Persian, Sino and Hindu civilizations. I say, the elemental ‎sciences (`uluum awwaa’il) embrace all of the above since they include the positive natural, philosophical, ‎medicinal, mathematical, astronomical and other obscure sciences (`uluum ghaamid) which existed before ‎the descent of the Qur’an, and were used to manipulate or bring about harmony in creation. ‎

The early Muslim community naturally avoided these elemental sciences based on the warning in the words ‎of Allah ta`ala: “And when a messenger comes to them from Allah, confirming what they possess, a party of ‎them who received the Scripture fling the Scripture of Allah behind their backs, as if they did not know. They ‎then follow that which devils falsely attribute to Sulayman. However, Sulayman did not disbelieve, but it was ‎the devils who disbelieved, teaching magic to mankind and that which was revealed to the0 two Angels in ‎Babel, Harut and Marut. These two Angels did not teach anyone without first saying: ‘We are only a ‎temptation, therefore do not disbelieve.’ From them people learned what would cause division between a ‎man and his wife. However, they only cause harm by the permission of Allah. They also learned what brings ‎harm and brings no advantage. Indeed they are unaware that whoever traffics in it will have no portion in ‎the Hereafter, and indeed evil is the price for those who sell their souls.” ‎

There were also the admonitions from the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace in ‎many prophetic traditions in which he criticized the use of astrology, theoretical mathematics or any ‎rational science which did not lead to knowledge of Allah or assist in the worship of Allah. Al-Qanuuji tells ‎us in his Abjaad’l-`Uluum that this was the same during the time of the Companions and throughout the ‎Umayyad period in which the elemental sciences were mostly shunned. However, the second ruler of the ‎Abbasid Caliphate, Abu Ja`far al-Mansuur, who was deeply learned in jurisprudence, began an entrenched ‎study of philosophy and astronomy and showed great respect for the intellectuals of these sciences. ‎

It was later under the rule of Abdallah al-Ma’muun ibn ar-Rashid who officially established institutions to ‎translate into Arabic the works of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates, Ptolemy, Euclid and others of Hellenistic ‎civilization. In addition to this the mathematical and astronomical works from Sino and Hindu civilization ‎utilized by the Persians were encouraged to be translated and studied. It is well known that the ideas of ‎ancient Egyptian civilization which survived the burning of the libraries in Alexandria and Karnak were also ‎actively sought after and studied. In the town of al-Karkh in Iraq, Muslim intellectuals studied the elemental ‎sciences from the Jews and Christians there. ‎

OK.... Thanks for this article but what is relationship with the diagram?
Re: ...... by aumeehn: 10:45am On Aug 11, 2020
Yawa, thanks alot Ladunal. Take your time ok, jazakallahu khair
Re: ...... by Rasram: 7:59am On Aug 12, 2020
Nairaland blocked me, @Ladunal, movado sent my replies here and d continuation of the article, hope you've gotten that?
Re: ...... by Firefox01: 8:12am On Aug 12, 2020
Rasram:
Nairaland blocked me, @Ladunal, movado sent my replies here and d continuation of the article, hope you've gotten that?
They blocked and perhaps even banned Movado too.
Re: ...... by LadunaI(m): 12:29pm On Aug 12, 2020
Rasram:
Oh... Sorry about that, seems Movado has been banned also. I see that there is hidden post below aumeenh post.

I was banned few days ago while trying to repost ikupakuti post for the first time. This there anti spam bot self Na wa o. Sheikh empiree don chopped ban tired for nairaland lol � . Anyway thanks maybe after the ban you will be allow to post it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ...... by movado19: 5:35pm On Aug 12, 2020
LadunaI:

OK.... Thanks for this article but what is relationship with the diagram?

From @RAZRAM:
“I posted the diagram to show the corresponding relationship between the sciences”.

1 Like

Re: ...... by movado19: 5:41pm On Aug 12, 2020
Rasram:
This is the second part of the article by @RAZRAM. She is unable to post in NL at the moment.

PART 2 - WHAT ARE THE ELEMENTAL SCIENCES (`uluum al-awwaliyya)?‎

One of the first works to be published into Arabic on a compendium of the elemental sciences was a work ‎entitled al-Maahir Fee `Ullum al-Awaa’il wa’l-Awaakhir by Imam Ali ibn Abu Ali ibn Muhammad al-Amidi ‎‎(551-631 A.H./1157-1233 C.E.) There has long been major dispute among the Muslim scholars regarding the ‎permissibility of learning these sciences, because segments are considered to be occult sciences (`ilm ‎khafiy) and other segments are considered as pure magic (sihr sareeh). ‎

It is for this reason Shaykh Abd’l-Qaadir Dan Tafa, may Allah be merciful to him indicated that he learned ‎these sciences after first fortifying himself with the sciences of the shari`a as well as the perfection of ‎character. This granted him the spiritual and moral yardstick to categorize these ambiguous sciences within ‎the shari`a criteria of obligatory (waajib), prohibited (haraam), highly recommended (mustahaab), ‎reprehensible (makruuh) and allowable (mubaah). Because some of these rational sciences are the basis of ‎modern technology and scientific theory, it is difficult to distinguish between it and pure magic. As the ‎atheist Arthur C. Clark keenly cited in his ‘third law’: “Any sufficiently advanced technology is ‎indistinguishable from magic.” ‎

Thus, any rational science used to manipulate nature for benefit or harm would naturally be considered by ‎laymen as a form of magic. There is an ancient saying: “Know magic, avoid magic” (`illamu ‘s-sihr fa ‎ajtanabuuhu); which indicates the necessity of a segment among the right acting scholars to learn and ‎comprehend the sources of the elemental sciences and how these are utilized in order to improve, benefit, ‎bring balance, defend, ward off and bring about cure. ‎

Shaykh Abd’l-Qaadir Dan Tafa himself said in his al-`Uhuud wa’l-Mawaathiq: “I have taken an oath and ‎covenant not to invite anyone among the people to what I have obtained from the sciences of letters, ‎geomancy and astronomy, even though I took these sciences from sound sources and repudiated the ‎fallacies in them. I have never instructed anyone in these in order not to lead them astray. On the contrary, ‎I have invited people to sound knowledge from the Qur’an, the Sunna, jurisprudence and spiritual ‎purification (tasawwuf). I have taken an oath and covenant not to utilize anything from the sciences of ‎natural magic, spells, incantations, charms, and the subjugation of jinn for either advantage or protection. ‎
On the contrary, I have abandoned these all together, even though I acquired and mastered the essentials ‎of these sciences. I have taken an oath and covenant in line with the above vow, not to implement anything ‎from the science of letters of the Divine Names, in a way which could cause harm to Muslims. However, ‎when these can bring benefit to me, I will utilize it in justifiable circumstances for procuring benefit and ‎protection. I have taken an oath and covenant not to search into the unseen by means of divination, ‎soothsaying, astrology, or any of the baseless occult sciences. Yet, independent of these sciences, I have ‎procured knowledge of the unseen by means of the true dream (ru’ya saadiq). For nothing has occurred in ‎these times except that I have seen it effortlessly in my dream before it actually occurred.” ‎

So, clearly Shaykh Dan Tafa was thoroughly acquainted with the positive and negative uses of the ‎elemental sciences. Because of the depth of his knowledge of the shari`a, and the perfection of his ‎character, Dan Tafa exhibited a fearless curiosity, intellectual initiative and courageous inquiry into the ‎limits of what is possible. What is ironic in this age is how conservative Muslim clerics decry even examining ‎the books of the elemental sciences, while they have allowed themselves, their societies and youth to be ‎manipulated socially by the pervasive computer online networking; whose impact upon the present social ‎upheavals in the Middle East in comparison with those of the past can not be anything other than ‘magical’. ‎
Never in the history of mankind have societies been overthrown with the speed and seamlessness with ‎which internet social networking has permitted western civilization to over throw adversarial societies in ‎the Middle East, Far East and Africa. I have witnessed modernist Muslim clerics on both sides of the ‎salafist/sufi divide describing the horrible events of the so-called ‘Arab spring’, as ‘a miracle’; eventhough ‎the events starting with Tunisia and ending with the horrors of Libya and now the slaughter taking place in ‎Syria; were planned, orchestrated and geometrically calculated by social engineers of the US Pentagon’s ‎Core of Engineers under the African Command stationed temporarily in Germany. ‎
When any outcome can be predetermined and engineered to astound and mystify an observer, one can ‎only describe such a process as ‘magical’.

Today, the pure manipulative magic of social engineering has ‎become the ‘miracle’ of the modern Muslim cleric; while the mastery of the elemental sciences (`uluum ‘l-‎awaa’il) is anathematized and marginalized as outside the bounds of Islam. It is important to note that ‎Shaykh Dan Tafa’s approach to the elemental sciences was the same approach which modern scientists ‎take when seeking to minutely understand creation and manipulate it for good or to ward off harm. ‎
Allah willing, as Shaykh Abd’l-Qaadir Dan Tafa, may Allah be merciful to him enumerates these diverse ‎sciences, I will stipulate their origin, the first to elucidate them, their advantages, disadvantages, their ‎judgment in the shari`a, the diverse opinions about them, the major books composed regarding them and ‎the individuals among the Fudiawa responsible for disseminating them to Shaykh Abd’l-Qaadir Dan Tafa, ‎may Allah be merciful to him. ‎
Shaykh Abd’l-Qaadir Dan Tafa, may Allah be merciful to him began by saying: “We garnered benefit from ‎the elemental sciences”. Here he uses the first-person plural pronoun to indicate himself and the Fudiawa ‎ethnicity in particular, but it can also apply to the scholars of the central Bilad’s-Sudan in general. This is ‎significant because it indicates that the study of the elemental sciences in the Bilad’s-Sudan was a pervasive ‎customary practice. ‎

The great African intellectual, Cheikh Anta Diop informs us in his Pre-colonial Black Africa that among the ‎reasons that Islamic metaphysics prevailed over traditional African beliefs was because both civilizations ‎embraced a metaphysical belief in the concept of two parallel worlds. That is to say, both civilizations held ‎the belief that in the world around us there is a world which can be seen and there is an unseen parallel ‎metaphysical world which cannot be seen or sensed but which impacts us continuously. ‎
Diop emphasized that the African sages (awliyya) of Islam possessed a far more technically advanced ‎means of accessing and manipulating the world of the unseen, than did the shamans among the traditional ‎African religions. In other words the African Muslim sages developed what would today be called ‘a killer ‎software’ regarding access to and manipulation of the metaphysical world. ‎

He said: “It goes without saying that this conception of a dual world is to be found, in various forms, in the ‎beliefs of Africans to such a point that they feel completely comfortable in Islam. Some of them do not ‎even feel they have changed their metaphysical horizon. That is what led Dan Fodio to criticize severely all ‎those who, though calling themselves Muslims, continue such practices as libations, offerings, divination, ‎the Kabbala, etc., and even writes verses from the Koran in the blood of sacrificial animals.” ‎
Diop continues: “Dan Fodio’s text, although rather recent, (nineteenth century) reflects a tendency already ‎imperative in the days of the Askias (fifteenth-seventeenth centuries). African religions, more or less ‎forgotten, were in the process of atrophying and being emptied of their spiritual content, their former deep ‎metaphysics. The jumble of empty forms they had left behind could not compete with Islam on the moral ‎and rational level. And it was on that latter level of rationality that the victory of Islam was most striking.” ‎
This is clear and can be corroborated by anthropological evidence. It was for this reason that many African ‎pagan spiritualist, oral historians, traditional medicine practitioners, and astronomers converted to Islam ‎bringing with them tens of thousands of years of cumulative knowledge of the elemental sciences. We ‎know the case in Mali around 1050 C.E. during a major drought that engulfed the kingdom. The ruler at the ‎time, Baramendana Keita summoned all of his Mande`, Soninke`, Peul, Sosso, Bambara, and Dogon oral ‎historians, shamans and astronomers, and demanded that they utilize the sciences granted them to cause it ‎to rain, to no avail. Then a learned Muslim merchant residing in his kingdom performed the ‘salaat’l-‎istisqaa’ (the prayer of rain) and within minutes of completing the prayer, the skies darkened and it rained ‎for months, according to al-Bakri’s account. ‎
This was indicative of the advanced metaphysical sciences which Islam introduced into Africa. When these ‎were combined with the indigenous elemental sciences of Africa, a profound synthesis occurred particularly ‎among the shaman caste, astronomers, and oral historians who accepted Islam among the Soninke`, ‎Mande`, Dogon, Habe`, Zaberma, Bambara, Wolof, Kanuri and Peul ethnicities. ‎

When we add this store of knowledge with the elemental sciences bequeathed inter-generationally among ‎those African ethnicities, particularly in Tinbuktu in the Sankore` quarter; who trace their origin back to the ‎Banu Isra’il and the Banu Ishma’il a picture emerges of an overwhelming metaphysical and philosophical ‎epistemology which gave birth to the Fudiawa store of knowledge. ‎
However, I will add, that there was a far more transcendent reason that African priests and initiates ‎willfully abandoned their traditions for the Islamic African traditions, and it had to do with the profound ‎crystalline gnosis of the Absolute Being and gnosis of the emergence of existence from the ocean of non-‎existence; which Islam clarified and systematized in a unified system which brought back together and ‎unlocked the mysteries of the scattered initiative traditions of Africa once unified on the banks of the Nile. ‎
Shaykh Abd’l-Qaadir Dan Tafa, may Allah be merciful to said that they learned these elemental sciences: ‎‎“…from many small books or from condensed texts.” ‎

The most important condensed or abridged works on the elemental sciences which reached the Bilad’s-‎Sudan and which I have seen in many of the private archives were those such as the Kitaab’l-Jifr al-Jaami` ‎wa’n-Nuur ‘l-Laami` falsely attributed to Ali ibn Abi Talib; the Madaakhil `Ilm’l-Jifr attributed to:
Imam Abu ‎Ishma’il Ja`far ‘s-Saadiq ibn Muhammad al-Baaqir; the an-Nufhat’l-Maskiyya Fee Sharh al-Arba`een al-‎Idrisiyya of Shaykh Shihaab’d-Deen Attiya as-Shahrawardi; the al-Kashif Li `Amaal’l-Jifr of Imam Ja`far ibn ‎Mansuur al-Yemeni; the as-Sirr’l-Madhruuf Fee `Ilm Bast’l-Huruuf of Shaykh Muhammad al-Khalwati; the ‎Qays’l-Anwaar wa Mujaami`’l-Asraar of Shaykh Abdallah al-Bustami; the Bahr’l-Wuquuf Fee `Ilm’l-Huruuf of ‎Shaykh Shihaab’d-Deen Abu’l-Abbas Ahmad ibn Ali al-Buni as well as his famous Shams’l-Ma`aarif’l-Kubra; ‎the al-Ishaaraat wa’t-Tanbeehaat of Imam Abu Ali ibn Sinna; the al-Firaasa of Imam Fakhr’d-Deen ar-Raazi; ‎the Bustaan’l-Fawaa’id wa’l-Manaafi` of Shaykh Muhammad ibn Muhammad al-Kaabiri; the al-Lawaami` ‎wa’l-Asraar Fee Manaafi`’l-Qur’an wa’l-Akhbaar of Shaykh Ibn Salaama ibn Isa al-Maghribi; the at-‎Tadhkira’l-Muheet of Imam as-Suwaydi; the al-Buruuj wa’l-Manaazil of Shaykh Hassan ibn Ahmad al-‎Hashimi and many others.

In addition to these there were the condensed and abridged works of the elemental sciences produced by ‎the Fudiawa themselves which I will highlight throughout the progression of the poem, Allah willing. Shaykh ‎Abd’l-Qaadir Dan Tafa, may Allah be merciful to him, then explains the five ways in which the elemental ‎sciences and knowledge in general are acquired. ‎

The first way is: “By means of textual transmission…” The expression ‘naql’ (textual transmission) takes its ‎root from the verb ‘naqala’ (to transfer/transcribe) and refers to those sciences which are transcribed in ‎books and transmitted through textual evidence. ‎
Imam Abd’l-Karim ibn Abdallah al-Khadir said in his commentary upon the al-Lu’lu ‘l-Maknuun of Imam ‎Haafidh ibn Ahmad al-Hakami: “The expression ‘naql’ is knowledge narrated by means of an intermediary ‎‎(waasita)”; i.e. the medium of textual evidence. ‎
‎ What he means by that in this context is that he received direct transmission of the above cited texts as ‎well as others which I will mention, Allah willing by either reciting them himself to his teachers, listening to ‎someone else recite them to his teacher, or listening to the reading of the text directly from the teacher. ‎Then the teacher would elaborate on the obscure or problematic meanings of the texts. ‎

The second way is: “…or by what fell in my hands from books concerning these …” This means that he ‎came upon some of the texts on the elemental sciences himself and studied them on his own. This is ‎significant because it indicates that although it is obligatory for the common person (awaam) and the ‎student of knowledge intermediate (muta`alam mutawasit) between the common person and the scholar ‎‎(`aalim) to take knowledge from a teacher; once a person has been given the keys of knowledge ‎‎(mifaatih’l-`ilm) it is then permissible for him to peruse and study texts on his own. ‎
This, however, is conditioned by his constant reviewing what he learns from these texts with his teachers ‎and questioning them regarding their obscure and problematic passages. It should not be misunderstood ‎that he obtained his knowledge from books alone, but that once the keys of knowledge were granted him ‎by his teachers, then there was no harm in him studying texts that fell into his hand.

The third way is: “…and from what had been collected from the texts…” This means that many of his own ‎teachers composed their own abridgements of the various elemental sciences such as medicine, ‎astronomy, physiognomy, cosmology, the science of letters and others; either in Arabic prose or verse; or ‎in Hausa or Fulfulde`. These works circulated among the Fudiawa and were further abridged, versified, ‎translated and commented upon. I will discuss some of these scholars as well as their works, Allah willing. ‎

The fourth way is: “…and from extensive perusal of these texts with comprehension…” In ‎this context, Shaykh Abd’l-Qaadir Dan Tafa infers by the phrase 'mutaaliaat' to mean repetition (takraar) and reiteration (tardeed). ‎
He corroborated this by using the expression ‘kathra’ (extensive). This is an indication that real ‎comprehension of any text or issue can only occur through repetitive reading or recitation. The expression ‎‎‘kathra’ (many/extensive) implies multiplication and its numerical amount is always more than ten. My ‎teachers in the Bilad’s-Sudan always ordered me to read a passage I desired to learn by heart at least 41 ‎times before closing or averting my eyes and attempting to recite it from memory. This is, of course after ‎having transcribed the passage with my own hand. ‎
Shaykh Abd’l-Qaadir Dan Tafa, may Allah be merciful to him qualified, the repetitive reading of texts with ‎the expression ‘bi’l-fahmi’ (with comprehension). Understanding (fahm) is the infinitive noun taken from ‎the verb ‘fahima’ (to understand) and it means to apprehend the meaning of a thing. Al-Amidi said: “It is the ‎excellence of intelligence in respect to its ability to swiftly apprehend subjects of inquiry that present ‎themselves to it.”
Thus, Shaykh Abd’l-Qaadir Dan Tafa, may Allah be merciful to him infers that his perusal of the texts of the ‎elemental sciences were repetitive but not tedious because it was accompanied with comprehension; ‎either with an understanding transmitted from his teachers, an understanding extracted from his own ‎critical thinking or through metaphysical intuition. ‎

The fifth way is: “…or through transmission from those who mastered them…” Again Shaykh Abd’l-Qaadir ‎Dan Tafa, may Allah be merciful to him uses the expression ‘naql’ (direct textual transmission). However in ‎this context he means his teachers would transmit to him directly from memory and orally what they had ‎mastered of the elemental sciences. The expression ‘dhawee’ (those who mastered) comes from the noun ‎‎‘dhuu’ meaning the possessor, owner, or master of a thing. Linguistically it is a prefixed noun which is ‎followed by the thing owned, possessed or mastered. ‎
Allah ta`ala says: “…and Pharoah the owner of massive pillars (dhu ‘l-awtaad).” He says: “…in order that the ‎one who possesses wealth (dhu si`at) can expend from his abundance.” He says: “Indeed the assault of your ‎Lord is severe. He is the One who originates and rejuvenates. He is the Forgiving the Loving, the Master of ‎the Glorious Throne (dhu’l-`arsh’l-majeed).”

Thus, the one who masters a thing is the one who knows it intrinsically, is conversant in it, and can expound ‎on it from all of its comprehensible aspects. The masters of the elemental sciences are those who can ‎elucidate these sciences accurately and soundly without the help of transmitted text.
This is what Shaykh ‎Abd’l-Qaadir Dan Tafa, may Allah be merciful to him indicated in his poem.‎
What is certain is these elemental sciences are lawful sciences and prohibited arts which were inherited ‎from the religious communities prior to Islam; and they should never be confused for the sciences of ‎secrets (`uluum al-asraar).‎

END.
Re: ...... by Rasram: 5:08pm On Aug 13, 2020
I posted again, i was blocked
Re: ...... by movado19: 5:49pm On Aug 13, 2020
Rasram:

This is the second part of the article by @RASRAM. She is unable to post in NL at the moment.

PART 2 - WHAT ARE THE ELEMENTAL SCIENCES (`uluum al-awwaliyya)?‎

One of the first works to be published into Arabic on a compendium of the elemental sciences was a work ‎entitled al-Maahir Fee `Ullum al-Awaa’il wa’l-Awaakhir by Imam Ali ibn Abu Ali ibn Muhammad al-Amidi ‎‎(551-631 A.H./1157-1233 C.E.) There has long been major dispute among the Muslim scholars regarding the ‎permissibility of learning these sciences, because segments are considered to be occult sciences (`ilm ‎khafiy) and other segments are considered as pure magic (sihr sareeh). ‎

It is for this reason Shaykh Abd’l-Qaadir Dan Tafa, may Allah be merciful to him indicated that he learned ‎these sciences after first fortifying himself with the sciences of the shari`a as well as the perfection of ‎character. This granted him the spiritual and moral yardstick to categorize these ambiguous sciences within ‎the shari`a criteria of obligatory (waajib), prohibited (haraam), highly recommended (mustahaab), ‎reprehensible (makruuh) and allowable (mubaah). Because some of these rational sciences are the basis of ‎modern technology and scientific theory, it is difficult to distinguish between it and pure magic. As the ‎atheist Arthur C. Clark keenly cited in his ‘third law’: “Any sufficiently advanced technology is ‎indistinguishable from magic.” ‎

Thus, any rational science used to manipulate nature for benefit or harm would naturally be considered by ‎laymen as a form of magic. There is an ancient saying: “Know magic, avoid magic” (`illamu ‘s-sihr fa ‎ajtanabuuhu); which indicates the necessity of a segment among the right acting scholars to learn and ‎comprehend the sources of the elemental sciences and how these are utilized in order to improve, benefit, ‎bring balance, defend, ward off and bring about cure. ‎

Shaykh Abd’l-Qaadir Dan Tafa himself said in his al-`Uhuud wa’l-Mawaathiq: “I have taken an oath and ‎covenant not to invite anyone among the people to what I have obtained from the sciences of letters, ‎geomancy and astronomy, even though I took these sciences from sound sources and repudiated the ‎fallacies in them. I have never instructed anyone in these in order not to lead them astray. On the contrary, ‎I have invited people to sound knowledge from the Qur’an, the Sunna, jurisprudence and spiritual ‎purification (tasawwuf). I have taken an oath and covenant not to utilize anything from the sciences of ‎natural magic, spells, incantations, charms, and the subjugation of jinn for either advantage or protection. ‎
On the contrary, I have abandoned these all together, even though I acquired and mastered the essentials ‎of these sciences. I have taken an oath and covenant in line with the above vow, not to implement anything ‎from the science of letters of the Divine Names, in a way which could cause harm to Muslims. However, ‎when these can bring benefit to me, I will utilize it in justifiable circumstances for procuring benefit and ‎protection. I have taken an oath and covenant not to search into the unseen by means of divination, ‎soothsaying, astrology, or any of the baseless occult sciences. Yet, independent of these sciences, I have ‎procured knowledge of the unseen by means of the true dream (ru’ya saadiq). For nothing has occurred in ‎these times except that I have seen it effortlessly in my dream before it actually occurred.”
..TO BE CONTINUED...
Re: ...... by Firefox01: 5:56pm On Aug 13, 2020
What exactly is going on mods? Whatever Movado19 typed must have been deleted up to 3 times and counting now. I sincerely hope it's antispambot doing this and not a mod! If it's a mod, what exactly don't you want us to read?
Re: ...... by Rasram: 9:00pm On Aug 13, 2020
One of the reasons i love telegram site
Re: ...... by Empiree: 2:35am On Aug 14, 2020
He should reach out to Sissie or mukina. Also he needs to edit his texts. Probably anti spam bot senses foreign texts within.
Re: ...... by movado19: 9:07pm On Aug 14, 2020
Rasram:

This is the second part of the article from @RASRAM.

1 Like

Re: ...... by movado19: 9:10pm On Aug 14, 2020
Empiree:
He should reach out to Sissie or mukina. Also he needs to edit his texts. Probably anti spam bot senses foreign texts within.

Yes, I reached out to them twice but no feddback.
Re: ...... by Empiree: 9:36pm On Aug 14, 2020
movado19:

Yes, I reached out to them twice but no feddback.
Problem we have with MOD these days. They are less active unlike before.

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (164) (Reply)

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station / Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.