Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. (64862 Views)

Biafra Is A Failed Project, We Are For One Nigeria – Igbo Community In Adamawa / Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) / Igbo Leaders & Hamza Almustapha Meet Prof Ango Abdullahi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by vanbonattel: 6:40pm On Feb 17, 2017
Nowenuse:

And the question is, who is holding u guys? Ijaws, yorubas, deltans or Hausas?
Have your elected governors, senators or house of rep members ever talked about seccesion or Biafra?

We shall get to the part when our elected officials speak about biafra. Be patient so High BP will not kill you before we get to that part.

3 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nowenuse: 6:46pm On Feb 17, 2017
blues2022:

We have done it in several ways, (action speaks louder than words....) by investing in other region without looking back, but what did we get back in return, hate and envy. If you are in our shoe nko. What will you do?

The problem with you igbos is nothing but greed.
Nobody begged you to come and invest in their lands.
Your extremely greedy and capitalistc nature has made your land so competitive and hostile, chasing away settlers, strangers, visitors and even you yourselves.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by klarry79: 6:47pm On Feb 17, 2017
And ret. Gen ihejerika is from where. No one screamed when he was CDs na. Its another persons turn jare

Masterclass32:
Ohaneze Ndigbo has declared that the people
of the South East are no longer comfortable
being part of Nigeria due to their perceived
marginalisation by the present Federal
Government. Addressing Igbo leaders during an
interactive forum in Lagos, the President-
General of the socio-political Igbo
organisation, Nnia Nwodo, lamented that
nobody from the South East was heading any
security agency in the country.

Nwodo claimed that the Federal Government
does not trust Igbo to the extent of
appointing any of them to head any of the
security agencies or the paramilitary bodies. According to Nwodo, “We don’t feel that
we are part of this country. The statement I
made earlier was not my thinking alone.
Every part of that statement was scrutinised
line by line by members of the Ohanaeze
executive and we agreed this was the situation before it was issued. “How can we be comfortable in a country
where no Igbo man is heading any of the
security services in this country? Not the
Nigerian Army, Navy, Air Force, Police,
Customs Service (NCS), Immigrations,
National Intelligence Agency (NIA), State Security Services (SSS), Federal Road Safety
Corps and the Nigeria Security and Civil De­
fence Corps (NSCDC). “The impression we have been given is
that we are not trusted enough to be put as
the head of any security agency.

“Now, if you drive to the South East, we
are like a conquered people. In every major
town you go into, there is a military
checkpoint. They call it Operation Python
Dance. “If they screen you for arms and
ammunition, I will understand that it is
national security imperative. But they collect
money from you. We are forced to pay. “Between Enugu and Onitsha, there are 17
police checkpoints that I enumerated on one
trip. There are police checkpoints, some
police and army combined. The commercial
vehicle drivers drop the money on the
ground. “They do not care whether the Inspector-
General of Police is coming in an on-coming
vehicle or that they are being photographed.
It does not happen anywhere else in this
country. And nobody cares.

“I said it at the 82 Division and I was
arrested. I have said that at every public
forum anytime I have the opportunity, I will
keep harping on this.”

www.dailypost.ng/2017/02/16/no-longer-comfortable-part-nigeria-igbo-leaders/

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nowenuse: 6:48pm On Feb 17, 2017
vanbonattel:

We shall get to the part when our elected officials speak about biafra. Be patient so High BP will not kill you before we get to that part.

Well, until then, can u guys allow us some fresh air?
Until we see that, nobody will ever take you guys serious.

Why don't u guys have your own political party that will butress your own interests nationally and make all your leaders have one voice?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by OreMI22: 6:49pm On Feb 17, 2017
All i can aay is "good morning " to ohaneze.

This is what the youths have known for a long time now. Thank God we xan begin to address this together now

2 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by kuuljay(m): 6:51pm On Feb 17, 2017
cheruv:
grin
Thanks...
This is the first ohaneze leader whose perspective is in consonance with the masses of Igboland cool
big lie!!! Call him and give him one board chairman,he will become loyal...

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Stingman: 6:54pm On Feb 17, 2017
kuuljay:
big lie!!! Call him and give him one board chairman,he will become loyal...

Would that make his observation wrong?

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by kuuljay(m): 7:02pm On Feb 17, 2017
Stingman:

Would that make his observation wrong?
there are over 250 tribes in Nigeria, mine has over 5million population and we don't even have a federal minister,let all other tribes to cry marginalisation and let's see how it goes

6 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Stingman: 7:05pm On Feb 17, 2017
kuuljay:
there are over 250 tribes in Nigeria, mine has over 5million population and we don't even have a federal minister,let all other tribes to cry marginalisation and let's see how it goes

Nigeria was built on a tripod of of Igbo, Hausa/Fulani and Yorubas...Igbo have 40 million strong population...So if they are not represented in the security formation..then there is reason for concern... and suspicion....No only that...Igbos have contributed much to the nation than any other tribe...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Igboid: 7:18pm On Feb 17, 2017
Ohanaeze I cannot take serious. They are part of the elites, they are only whipping up the sentiments of the Igbo grass roots to force the FG into giving them and their family members and cronies their own share of the national cake.

Once they are settled, they will become preachers of One Nigeria and would betray the Biafran movement of the Igbo grassroots.

I'm still observing Nnia Nwodo, time will unravel all things, but somewhere deep in my heart, I pray seriously that he is not the voice of the currently sidelined Igbo One Nigerian worshiping elites who only remember the struggle of the Igbo grassroots when their own share of the National cake is not flowing.

5 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by klarry79: 7:18pm On Feb 17, 2017
There are as many soldier checkpoints along the Benin auchi, Benin ore road lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 17, 2017
Nowenuse:

Your extremely greedy and capitalistc nature has made your land so competitive and hostile, chasing away settlers, strangers, visitors and even you yourselves.
You've been noticed, quietly fuvck off my mention.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Igboid: 7:19pm On Feb 17, 2017
klarry79:
There are as many soldier checkpoints along the Benin auchi, Benin ore road lipsrsealed

Because it's a route many Easterners take to get the East.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by loopmangoat(m): 7:19pm On Feb 17, 2017
Super1Star:
See these Osus and Ojukwus.

Shameless people.
Afonjas and Awolowo descendants of lucifer

4 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Igboid: 7:20pm On Feb 17, 2017
Nowenuse:

Well, until then, can u guys allow us some fresh air?
Until we see that, nobody will ever take you guys serious.

Why don't u guys have your own political party that will butress your own interests nationally and make all your leaders have one voice?

What exactly is your point?

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by kuuljay(m): 7:21pm On Feb 17, 2017
Stingman:

Nigeria was built on a tripod of of Igbo, Hausa/Fulani and Yorubas...Igbo have 40 million strong population...So if they are not represented in the security formation..then there is reason for concern... and suspicion....No only that...Igbos have contributed much to the nation than any other tribe...
what tripod are you talking about... Do you mean to say zones or tribes!!! Use your words carefully because if you go by tribe then who do you define as Hausa/ Fulani and where would you put a Tiv,nupe igala ,ngas ,bachama ,kwale obubra etc

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Stingman: 7:23pm On Feb 17, 2017
kuuljay:
what tripod are you talking about... Do you mean to say zones or tribes!!! Use your words carefully because if you go by tribe then who do you define as Hausa/ Fulani and where would you put a Tiv,nupe igala ,ngas ,bachama ,kwale obubra etc

This can help you

"...This immense country NIGERIA, is artificial, a forced union of three major and hundreds of minor ethnic groups
speaking different languages, observing different legal codes and loyal to different tribal groups.
Nigeria’s cure will start when the ahistorical boundary cavalierly drawn on a map by
Britain’s colonial masters dissolves. The more coherent constituent nations to
merge — composed largely of the Igbo in the southeast, the Yoruba in the southwest and the Hausa
and Fulani in the north — would be less burdened by the many rivalries that now hobble
the central government, and better positioned to govern themselves...." (FINANCIAL POST)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by shamecurls(m): 7:26pm On Feb 17, 2017
grin grin grin

Unserious folks
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Igboid: 7:28pm On Feb 17, 2017
Nowenuse:

You are not a wise person.
Since when has investing outside one's region translate to greed? Are you mentally retarded or what?

Igboland is doing well in the private sector aspect. Our region is competitive but yet productive and no settler, stranger or visitor had been chased out of the region because of hostility.
The share volume of bank monetary transactions that take place in the region, paints a picture of a very vibrant private/public sector.
The region only lacks FG presence which was a deliberate Post civil war policy of the FG, which they had stuck with even unto this day.
But everything eventually die including this current state of things Ndiigbo are facing in Nigeria, it's a matter of when, not if.

2 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Karlman: 7:30pm On Feb 17, 2017
BIAFRA IS ALL WE WANT AND WILL GET!...honestly i am not even annoyed by the attitude of the AFOJUS that what you should call them not afonja because they are blind to the truth this our yoruba neighbours, my anger is with the EFULEFU IGBOs who are very comfortable with the trash called nigeria

4 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by whitebeard(m): 7:30pm On Feb 17, 2017
No no no if they separate themselves from Nigeria they would be easy targets of America...WHY DON'T THIS GUY'S KEEP UP WITH INTERNATIONAL ACTIVITIES..I weep for them..!!
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by freeborn76(m): 7:31pm On Feb 17, 2017
aloziedaya:
The Igbo's are the only tribe in Nigeria that believe in 'one Nigeria' and that is where their problem lies. If you are dealing with a Hausa man, he first thinks of his religion and ethnicity, a Yoruba man thinks of his ethnicity first but an Igbo man thinks of one Nigeria. If you come to the east you hardly see any structure built by a Hausa man or Yoruba but, travel all over Nigeria the Igbo's are developing them bearing in mind the 'one Nigeria' syndrome.
The Igbo man's quest for wealth has robbed him of his sense of belonging. That is why they develop other cities while theirs lay bare. Lagos today is developed by the igbos. Imagine what would happen if the igbo businesses in Lagos are in the east. Every major market in Lagos is dominated by them; ALABA INTERNATIONAL, TRADEFAIR, COMPUTER VILLAGE, LADIPO AUTO MARKET, BERGER AUTO MARKET, IDUMOTA etc. These are the backbone of Lagos state. They'll tell you that the seaport is in Lagos but, the largest motorcycle spare parts market in Africa is in Nnewi and, it is striving without any seaport in the east.
Have you imagined what would have happened if these markets are dominated by the hausas? Or the Yorubas dominating these markets in another state? Of course they would have transfered them to their areas.
Igbo's need to rethink and realize their mistakes. Develop your own. If you make billions in lagos and the billions are still reinvested in Lagos, you've not made anything. Aku ruo ulo amara onye nwe ya. Igboland will develop when we make wealth outside and send it home. The houses you build in Lagos because of the appreciation rate of Lagos can be built equally in the east to boost the appreciation rate there. Lagos is appreciating because you've developed it, do same down home.
Politically, Igbo's are marginalized because they are seen as divided people who cannot come together with one voice.

There goes that silly nonsense rant again! You developed Lagos? What narcissistic balderdash! That is the same way you developed Kano, PH and Abuja...yet for some strange spiritual reason, you can't find the will to develop your region, it is called madness brah, collective madness!

10 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by freeborn76(m): 7:32pm On Feb 17, 2017
The same lullaby since 1970...
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 17, 2017
GeneralAchuzia1:
something is brewing.
God bless Nwodo
Cc:Lasgidiowner

If Nnia Nwodo, Ekwueme, Soludo etc should shout it with one voice. I'll support IPOB, Massob etc.
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Opakan2: 7:33pm On Feb 17, 2017
But you lots were comfortable being part when GEJ was in power.. Even assisted him in ruining our economy.

*In Kiss Daniel's voice.. ko jor.
you all in that region will work towards redevelopment of this great Nation whether you like it or not

I think it's high time they pass the death sentence on Nnamdi Kanu to show these lots it's not sere sere tinz here.
Nobody is joking.. mofos!

2 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by monimekaz(m): 7:33pm On Feb 17, 2017
Nogodye:
Then go and die.They always like to taste power...Awon oloju kokoro

I just feel like assassinating you ....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Stingman: 7:33pm On Feb 17, 2017
whitebeard:
No no no if they separate themselves from Nigeria they would be easy targets of America...WHY DON'T THIS GUY'S KEEP UP WITH INTERNATIONAL ACTIVITIES..I weep for them..!!

You really need to weep for yourself, first....you need it...

3 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Stingman: 7:34pm On Feb 17, 2017
Opakan2:
But you lots were comfortable being part when GEJ was in power.. Even assisted him in ruining our economy.

In Kiss Daniels voice.. ko jor. you all in that region will work towards redevelopment of this great Nation whether you like it or not

I think it's high time they pass the death sentence on Nnamdi Kanu to show these lots it's not sere sere tinz here.
Nobody is joking.. mofos!

...so you must kill yourself to stay with omo Igbo?...Na wa oh!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by aminu790(m): 7:34pm On Feb 17, 2017
:Phit the nail on the head if it pain u grin
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by IYANGBALI: 7:35pm On Feb 17, 2017
Yipeeeeeeee let the breakup begin jo. I want Seun and lala out of my country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Chidiogo Akunyili And David Andrew Parr Official Wedding Photos / Bola Tinubu In Aso Rock To Celebrate With Buhari (Photo) / Osun Assembly Replies Demola Adeleke On The Change Of The State's Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.