Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,668 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. (64858 Views)

Biafra Is A Failed Project, We Are For One Nigeria – Igbo Community In Adamawa / Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) / Igbo Leaders & Hamza Almustapha Meet Prof Ango Abdullahi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by DozieInc(m): 7:36pm On Feb 17, 2017
Time for the Igbos to look inwards, we can achieve anything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by morscino: 7:36pm On Feb 17, 2017
aloziedaya:
The Igbo's are the only tribe in Nigeria that believe in 'one Nigeria' and that is where their problem lies. If you are dealing with a Hausa man, he first thinks of his religion and ethnicity, a Yoruba man thinks of his ethnicity first but an Igbo man thinks of one Nigeria. If you come to the east you hardly see any structure built by a Hausa man or Yoruba but, travel all over Nigeria the Igbo's are developing them bearing in mind the 'one Nigeria' syndrome.
The Igbo man's quest for wealth has robbed him of his sense of belonging. That is why they develop other cities while theirs lay bare. Lagos today is developed by the igbos. Imagine what would happen if the igbo businesses in Lagos are in the east. Every major market in Lagos is dominated by them; ALABA INTERNATIONAL, TRADEFAIR, COMPUTER VILLAGE, LADIPO AUTO MARKET, BERGER AUTO MARKET, IDUMOTA etc. These are the backbone of Lagos state. They'll tell you that the seaport is in Lagos but, the largest motorcycle spare parts market in Africa is in Nnewi and, it is striving without any seaport in the east.
Have you imagined what would have happened if these markets are dominated by the hausas? Or the Yorubas dominating these markets in another state? Of course they would have transfered them to their areas.
Igbo's need to rethink and realize their mistakes. Develop your own. If you make billions in lagos and the billions are still reinvested in Lagos, you've not made anything. Aku ruo ulo amara onye nwe ya. Igboland will develop when we make wealth outside and send it home. The houses you build in Lagos because of the appreciation rate of Lagos can be built equally in the east to boost the appreciation rate there. Lagos is appreciating because you've developed it, do same down home.
Politically, Igbo's are marginalized because they are seen as divided people who cannot come together with one voice.
Guy stop fooling urself...d igbos don't sell lands to non-igbos...I experienced dis is Aba(2015)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by kenx1(m): 7:38pm On Feb 17, 2017
Wahala dey
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Opakan2: 7:38pm On Feb 17, 2017
Stingman:

...so you must kill yourself to stay with omo Igbo?...Na wa oh!!

Honestly.. Ion give a fvck about you lots.

I want the influx of you guys into Lagos checked and those luxurious buses banned.
Go home and develop your region. spirits from the land of the dead won't come and turn ur shitholes to Dubai overnight!

not comfortable my ass.. greedy and dishonest people deceiving their gullible folks

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by tribalistseun: 7:39pm On Feb 17, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Afonjas, why are you people scared of us leaving you dirty people to the Fulanis. We and you people are not meant to be together, you people have the same culture with the Fulanis but we don't.

5 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by zendy: 7:40pm On Feb 17, 2017
As a proud Igbo man, I believe in the right of self determination of my people. It is the right of Igbos to decide if they want to be part of the Nigerian project or not.

If the great Igbo nation decides that they do not want to be part of the colonial contraption called Nigeria, nobody has the right ti say otherwise.

Self determination remains the inalinable right of everyone

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by raymexx: 7:42pm On Feb 17, 2017
Nogodye:
Then go and die.They always like to taste power...Awon oloju kokoro
Hmmm. Let me jst hold myself
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Funlordmaniac(m): 7:45pm On Feb 17, 2017
tribalistseun:
Afonjas, why are you people scared of us leaving you dirty people to the Fulanis. We and you people are not meant to be together, you people have the same culture with the Fulanis but we don't.

I don't have time to engage senseless ignorant and pained ipob dunces like you on this forum! Kindly just keep crying into your rotten akpu dinner.....you smelly EWU grin

9 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 17, 2017
Opakan2:

I want the influx of you guys into Lagos checked and those luxurious buses banned.
Go home and develop your region. spirits from the land of the dead won't come and turn ur shitholes to Dubai overnight!

not comfortable my ass.. greed and dishonest people deceiving their gullible folks
Chai, see as you just dey pepper yourself. cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by rightwingz: 7:45pm On Feb 17, 2017
Masterclass32:

www.dailypost.ng/2017/02/16/no-longer-comfortable-part-nigeria-igbo-leaders/

South Sudan loading.....
because you think you are marginalized does not prevent you from turning your cities to Dubai , Hongkong etc.
Hong Kong is Marginalized by China yet they better than China mainland.

Meanwhile igbos show stop deceiving themselves with this lousy excuse of marginalization.
1960 igbo President
1966 Igbo military head of state.
1979 -1983 igbo Vice President
1999- 2007 Igbo senate president
2007-2015 Igbo Deputy senate president
2016 till date Igbo deputy senate president

Make thunder fire this man for deceiving people and inciting gullible Igbos against others.

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Stingman: 7:46pm On Feb 17, 2017
Opakan2:

not comfortable my ass.. greed and dishonest people deceiving their gullible folks

...develop your region....? hahah...name any state in your region better than states in the SE, other than Lagos built by all? You don't need to bother yourself...there is work in progress to vacate your region...but you should be ready to use what you have in your region to develop it. No more federal government stealing from other regions to develop ONLY your region...

3 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by tribalistseun: 7:46pm On Feb 17, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

I don't have time to engage senseless ignorant and pained ipob dunces like you on this forum! Kindly just keep crying into your rotten akpu dinner.....you smelly EWU grin
we don't want to be with you dirty pigs, is it by force?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 17, 2017
Go back to ur brothers in isreal. there's a reason why it appears ibos are being marginalized. the reason is not far fetched. until there's a behavioural, attitudinal and moral change seen amongst ibos, m sorry nothing can be done.

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by rightwingz: 7:48pm On Feb 17, 2017
Igbos are sore losers like democrats in the USA.
If they don't get what they want, they start causing confusion.

Democrats are now agitating for California secession because they lost election. Why not call for California secession during Obama administration?

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by whitebeard(m): 7:48pm On Feb 17, 2017
Stingman:

You really need to weep for yourself, first....you need it...
if u want the igbo people to prosper let them.. They have to stay with Nigeria.. The world is advancing soon crude oil will be a thing of the past.. Instead let's stand strong and vote for a reasonable person next election...our mistake was voting pm into power let them know this instead of saying things that won't make sense

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 17, 2017
Hausa tribe is marginalized too in this country
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by jagorinho: 7:49pm On Feb 17, 2017
Huddler:

Oga, Igbos developed Lagos and they are still developing the parts that needs development.

Have you been to any southeast state? only Lagos can beat Anambra When it comes to infrastructures and industries.

You are not even from Lagos sef mtcheew. Lagos brought up Igbos are more Lagosian than you.
dont start that nonsense here, are you talking of owerri that has only hotels as the only viable business or the civil service enugu state or abakaliki that is still in pre historic era.Mr man all your major cities/towns put together is not as developed as a quarter of lagos ....some of us really toured the east

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Opakan2: 7:49pm On Feb 17, 2017
morscino:

Guy stop fooling urself...d igbos don't sell lands to non-igbos...I experienced dis is Aba(2015)

let him be deceiving himself on the internet.
Igbos in Anambra won't sell land for their fellow igbo from Imo or Ebonyi talk less of other tribes

Even the non-igbos that manage to open business there can't prosper, they will break into their shops, make life hard for them just cos they don't want others to take their gains

I can go on and on... but they want to do things they can't allow on other people's soil.
Eyes don open now, thank God for civilization

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Stingman: 7:49pm On Feb 17, 2017
rightwingz:

South Sudan loading.....
because you think you are marginalized does not prevent you from turning your cities to Dubai , Hongkong etc.
Hong Kong is Marginalized by China yet they better than China mainland.

Meanwhile igbos show stop deceiving themselves with this lousy excuse of marginalization.
1960 igbo President
1966 Igbo military head of state.
1979 -1983 igbo Vice President
1999- 2007 Igbo senate president
2007-2015 Igbo Deputy senate president
2016 till date Igbo deputy senate president

Make thunder fire this man for deceiving people and inciting gullible Igbos against others.

Can you draw the same picture for the Yorubas and the north...also include all the service chiefs, while you at it...as thunder is gathering to fire you...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 17, 2017
Stingman:

...develop your region....? hahah...name any state in your region better than states in the SE, other than Lagos built by all? You don't need to bother yourself...there is work in progress to vacate your region...but you should be ready to use what you have in your region to develop it. No more federal government stealing from other regions to develop ONLY your region...
if the south east is so "better" as u call it, why are many easterners trooping to lagos to find daily bread?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by sapele914(m): 7:50pm On Feb 17, 2017
2ruink:
Truth and only the truth. The Igbo are badly marginalized and others said it's fair.
What's the big deal I did not see anyone from the creeks heading anything,when others are thriving to move Nigeria forward them boyz have been wailing since '67 then they complain about marginilization. They want to eat there cake and have it to. They can leave Nigeria nobody will beg them there are enough ndig professors here in the diaspora. And in israael.
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Funlordmaniac(m): 7:50pm On Feb 17, 2017
tribalistseun:
we don't want to be with you dirty pigs, is it by force?

I'm not even a yoruba guy but I know your stupidity makes you believe that because nairaland is owned by one then anybody that tries to enlighten you simians must be one! I would actually prefer if you remain with your stinky cowardly drug peddling ipob brothers anyway! Like mazi chukwumalu over here...

6 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 17, 2017
Opakan2:

Igbos in Anambra won't sell land for their fellow igbo from Imo or Ebonyi talk less of other tribes

Even the non-igbos that manage to open business there can't prosper, they will break into their shops, make life hard for them just cos they don't want others to take their gains

I can go on and on... but they want to do things they can't allow on other people's soil.
Opakan2 go soon run enter market'o. See lie lie wey pass Lying Muhammed. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Igboid: 7:51pm On Feb 17, 2017
Opakan2:

Any evidence to back the above trash coming from you?

3 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by youngmartin24: 7:52pm On Feb 17, 2017
Nogodye:
Then go and die.They always like to taste power...Awon oloju kokoro
your problem is inborn....not new ...animal
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by tribalistseun: 7:52pm On Feb 17, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

I'm not even a yoruba guy but I know your stupidity makes you believe that because nairaland is owned by one then anybody that tries to enlighten you simians must be one! I would actually prefer if you remain with your stinky cowardly drug peddling ipob brothers anyway! Like mazi chukwumalu over here...
you Afonjas are the only pigs in the world that are not proud of their heritage

5 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by themallHunt: 7:53pm On Feb 17, 2017
GeneralAchuzia1:
something is brewing.
God bless Nwodo
Cc:Lasgidiowner
Because Asari's Dokubo brother lost the election. Mtchheeewww
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Stingman: 7:53pm On Feb 17, 2017
prettyboi1989:
Go back to ur brothers in isreal. there's a reason why it appears ibos are being marginalized. the reason is not far fetched. until there's a behavioural, attitudinal and moral change seen amongst ibos, m sorry nothing can be done.
. You will wait till eternity for you funny attidunal change...What attitude do you have in the ONE NIGERia project more than an Igbo person? How many properties do you have in Kaduna, PH, Ekiti, Ibadan, Uyo, Makrudi, Jos, Abuja and Lagos more than the Igbos?

2 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by ifycent2: 7:54pm On Feb 17, 2017
Yes ooooh we ar nt comfortable being part of Nigeria..

Biafra must surely stand.......

3 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 17, 2017
Stingman:
. You will wait till eternity for you funny attidunal change...What attitude do you have in the ONE NIGERia project more than an Igbo person? How many properties do you have in Kaduna, PH, Ekiti, Ibadan, Uyo, Makrudi, Jos, Abuja and Lagos more than the Igbos?
that attitudinal change is trust, it cant be bought or given but earned.
by the way, if u say the ibos have many properties in different states, how come their fellow brothers are suffering? they all have to come to lagos in order to make ends meet. yet u are so proud of a few of them who own properties u dont evn benefit from.

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by sirwhyteB(m): 7:54pm On Feb 17, 2017
From where I stand truly I can see naija breaking up!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Air Force Officer Who Married 2 Weeks Ago Dies In Borno Aircraft Crash / See What Fayose's Thugs Did To Students Who Endorsed Buhari (Viewers Discretion) / FUNAM: Fulani Claims Ownership Of Land From Sokoto To The Atlantic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.