Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. (64847 Views)

Biafra Is A Failed Project, We Are For One Nigeria – Igbo Community In Adamawa / Osinbajo Meets With Igbo Leaders (Photos) / Igbo Leaders & Hamza Almustapha Meet Prof Ango Abdullahi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Opakan2: 8:09pm On Feb 17, 2017
rightwingz:

South Sudan loading.....
because you think you are marginalized does not prevent you from turning your cities to Dubai , Hongkong etc.
Hong Kong is Marginalized by China yet they better than China mainland.

Meanwhile igbos show stop deceiving themselves with this lousy excuse of marginalization.
1960 igbo President
1966 Igbo military head of state.
1979 -1983 igbo Vice President
1999- 2007 Igbo senate president
2007-2015 Igbo Deputy senate president
2016 till date Igbo deputy senate president

Make thunder fire this man for deceiving people and inciting gullible Igbos against others.

we know their problem, they always want to be the ones in control, running things as others are not good enof.

The nonsense they tried with GEJ (a prodigal minority) but can't get an inch near PMB. so dem no dey happy.

Yorubas being wiser than they are, kept quiet when they hijacked GEJ's govt.. we knew they can't try that with a core Northerner so we waited for them at the polls.

These guys will cry till eternity and still nothing will happen.. they've shown their true colour during GEJ's tenure

8 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by totit: 8:09pm On Feb 17, 2017
Huddler:
[/s]

You are an animal, I said Lagos was made a lively and habitable place by Igbos.

How is that different from being developed by Igbos? shameless olodo.

Dude, these are uncle made story Abeg.

Try harder abeg grin

Illiterate, so in your thick, big, akpu head liveliness equals to ' development?

Wonder shall never end.
By the way,what's the pollution ..opps population of of iboes in Lagos sef? You better come up with facts and not another uncle made stats.

Yeye dey smell

4 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by totit: 8:10pm On Feb 17, 2017
Stingman:

I laugh when people say Igbos don't develop their states....See the pic of a developing part of Enugu...We are asking for federal presence...It is unfair for people like OBJ to suggest, Igbos should not wait for the federal government...why would the north and the SW wait for federal government...? If you are in doubt, name one federal presence in the SE other than military and police barrack, CBN.

The 3rd pic is state government road project...but where is those of the federal government? SE really doesn't look like part of Nigeria,

These are selective pictures.

Mind you, nigeria isn't developed but developing.. undecided

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 17, 2017
Stingman:

How many Igbo brothers are suffering more than the brothers from other tribes..? Why won't they come to Lagos? Which money was used to build the 3rd mainland bridge, for instance?
u should channel that question to the ministry of finance. so are u trying to tell me the ibo's arent suffering? if that's the case, why the agitation for biafra and the complaint of being marginalized from holding political offices? that on one hand, i think rather than complain and wait for manner to fall from heaven in the form of holding political offices, the ibos should get their hands on deck. its not until they enter politics before they can make money. what's stopping these agitators from running successful ventures, adding value and creating jobs?
the billionaires among the ibos arent shouting that they avnt been given a chance to rule nigeria, why is it the ones that have no name that are always rallying around to complain everytime?

4 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Deadvalley001: 8:11pm On Feb 17, 2017
Huddler:
[/s]

You are an animal, I said Lagos was made a lively and habitable place by Igbos.

How is that different from being developed by Igbos? shameless olodo.

That boy is disgracing his tribe here. I pity him.

2 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by WhiteNoise(m): 8:11pm On Feb 17, 2017
Your politics bore me. Your rantings are those of a pouty child - Thanos
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by jumpandpas(m): 8:11pm On Feb 17, 2017
rightwingz:

South Sudan loading.....
because you think you are marginalized does not prevent you from turning your cities to Dubai , Hongkong etc.
Hong Kong is Marginalized by China yet they better than China mainland.

Meanwhile igbos show stop deceiving themselves with this lousy excuse of marginalization.
1960 igbo President
1966 Igbo military head of state.
1979 -1983 igbo Vice President
1999- 2007 Igbo senate president
2007-2015 Igbo Deputy senate president
2016 till date Igbo deputy senate president

Make thunder fire this man for deceiving people and inciting gullible Igbos against others.

Can you balance it by posting other regions and their positions since 1960?.
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by 2016v2017: 8:12pm On Feb 17, 2017
2ruink:
Truth and only the truth. The Igbo are badly marginalized and others said it's fair.
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Deadvalley001: 8:12pm On Feb 17, 2017
[s][/s]Opakan2:

look around you.. it's glaring or better still go back home and spend time with your people to know how they behave
I am sure you're in a peaceful place here in SW with no worries about home

Go home boy.. go see for yourself.

you'll understand why Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga and co have no investments in your region. not even fast food joint to show you how bad things are there
[/s]

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by tete7000(m): 8:12pm On Feb 17, 2017
aloziedaya:
The Igbo's are the only tribe in Nigeria that believe in 'one Nigeria' and that is where their problem lies. If you are dealing with a Hausa man, he first thinks of his religion and ethnicity, a Yoruba man thinks of his ethnicity first but an Igbo man thinks of one Nigeria. If you come to the east you hardly see any structure built by a Hausa man or Yoruba but, travel all over Nigeria the Igbo's are developing them bearing in mind the 'one Nigeria' syndrome.
The Igbo man's quest for wealth has robbed him of his sense of belonging. That is why they develop other cities while theirs lay bare. Lagos today is developed by the igbos. Imagine what would happen if the igbo businesses in Lagos are in the east. Every major market in Lagos is dominated by them; ALABA INTERNATIONAL, TRADEFAIR, COMPUTER VILLAGE, LADIPO AUTO MARKET, BERGER AUTO MARKET, IDUMOTA etc. These are the backbone of Lagos state. They'll tell you that the seaport is in Lagos but, the largest motorcycle spare parts market in Africa is in Nnewi and, it is striving without any seaport in the east.
Have you imagined what would have happened if these markets are dominated by the hausas? Or the Yorubas dominating these markets in another state? Of course they would have transfered them to their areas.
Igbo's need to rethink and realize their mistakes. Develop your own. If you make billions in lagos and the billions are still reinvested in Lagos, you've not made anything. Aku ruo ulo amara onye nwe ya. Igboland will develop when we make wealth outside and send it home. The houses you build in Lagos because of the appreciation rate of Lagos can be built equally in the east to boost the appreciation rate there. Lagos is appreciating because you've developed it, do same down home.
Politically, Igbo's are marginalized because they are seen as divided people who cannot come together with one voice.

I do not agree with you on some of your arguments.
You said ibos property littered everywhere in Nigeria but others don't build in ibo land. Could it be that this happen because ibos have penchant for running out rather than stay at home to develop their land? Secondly could it be that others don't build in ibo land because Ibos are not accommodating to others the way other accomodate them?
You say ibos believe in the concept of one nigeria but do you know my experience as a Yoruba man living in lagos is that ibo will prefer to deal and trust with fellow Ibos than trust anyone else? I have stories to buttress my point. Do you know landlords in lagos are wary of Ibos because often times when an ibo man leaves your house, he is more likely to handover your house to his ibo kinsman rather than handover your key to you?
Do you believe that there is no smoke without fire and thus discrimination face by ibos in Nigeria is contributed in part to by ibos themselves?
While I do not subscribe to anyone being discriminated upon in what is considered to be a nation, I believe it will be equally disheartening for ibos to lay all blames of this on everyone else while not wishing to share a part of the blame. Responsibility demands we look inward first before blaming other for our woes. We might not be able to change others but we can change how we react to situation and force other to behave differently to us.

9 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by jamalnation(m): 8:13pm On Feb 17, 2017
Well we are all in dis together for better for worse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Deadvalley001: 8:13pm On Feb 17, 2017
[s][/s]Opakan2:

look around you.. it's glaring or better still go back home and spend time with your people to know how they behave
I am sure you're in a peaceful place here in SW with no worries about home

Go home boy.. go see for yourself.

you'll understand why Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga and co have no investments in your region. not even fast food joint to show you how bad things are there
[/s]

Omo Yoruba, not every Igbo is in southwest.

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Edoblakky(m): 8:13pm On Feb 17, 2017
I think the ibos have the right to complain of marginalization. But they have not proven with one voice that they are serious to leave Nigeria.
For one thing, why not relocate all your businesses to the east.
For another thing, ask those representing you at the National Assembly to come home on French leave.

If the ibos are serious about secceeding, everyone will know.

2 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by rightwingz: 8:14pm On Feb 17, 2017
Opakan2:

we know their problem, they always want to be the ones in control, running things as others are not good enof.

The nonsense they tried with GEJ (a prodigal minority) but can't get an inch near PMB. so dem no dey happy.

Yorubas being wiser than they are, kept quiet when they hijacked GEJ's govt.. we knew they can't try that with a core Northerner so we waited for them at the polls.

These guys will cry till eternity and still nothing will happen.. they've shown their true colour during GEJ's tenure

Thanks bro. im from Bayelsa and Delta state. I dont want to involve in Hausa or yoruba matter as you listed.
Many Nigerians including me are waiting for Igbo presidency. They should present a good candidate instead of being a bunch of cry babies like democrats in the USA.

4 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Stingman: 8:16pm On Feb 17, 2017
prettyboi1989:

u should channel that question to the ministry of finance. so are u trying to tell me the ibo's arent suffering? if that's the case, why the agitation for biafra and the complaint of being marginalized from holding political offices? that on one hand, i think rather than complain and wait for manner to fall from heaven in the form of holding political offices, the ibos should get their hands on deck. its not until they enter politics before they can make money. what's stopping these agitators from running successful ventures, adding value and creating jobs?
the billionaires among the ibos arent shouting that they avnt been given a chance to rule nigeria, why is it the ones that have no name that are always rallying around to complain everytime?

Igbos are not all that interested in Nigeria politics, president and officers...They prefer an independent country...Please answer, which do you think will come faster...to build rail network connecting all eastern cities, under an independent country...or doing the same under the present Nigeria, irrespective of Igbo being the president?

3 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by jumpandpas(m): 8:16pm On Feb 17, 2017
Opakan2:

My dear, if you think that your tribe enjoys more than the Igbos, you most be joking.

3 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by 2016v2017: 8:16pm On Feb 17, 2017
aloziedaya:
The Igbo's are the only tribe in Nigeria that believe in 'one Nigeria' and that is where their problem lies. If you are dealing with a Hausa man, he first thinks of his religion and ethnicity, a Yoruba man thinks of his ethnicity first but an Igbo man thinks of one Nigeria. If you come to the east you hardly see any structure built by a Hausa man or Yoruba but, travel all over Nigeria the Igbo's are developing them bearing in mind the 'one Nigeria' syndrome.
The Igbo man's quest for wealth has robbed him of his sense of belonging. That is why they develop other cities while theirs lay bare. Lagos today is developed by the igbos. Imagine what would happen if the igbo businesses in Lagos are in the east. Every major market in Lagos is dominated by them; ALABA INTERNATIONAL, TRADEFAIR, COMPUTER VILLAGE, LADIPO AUTO MARKET, BERGER AUTO MARKET, IDUMOTA etc. These are the backbone of Lagos state. They'll tell you that the seaport is in Lagos but, the largest motorcycle spare parts market in Africa is in Nnewi and, it is striving without any seaport in the east.
Have you imagined what would have happened if these markets are dominated by the hausas? Or the Yorubas dominating these markets in another state? Of course they would have transfered them to their areas.
Igbo's need to rethink and realize their mistakes. Develop your own. If you make billions in lagos and the billions are still reinvested in Lagos, you've not made anything. Aku ruo ulo amara onye nwe ya. Igboland will develop when we make wealth outside and send it home. The houses you build in Lagos because of the appreciation rate of Lagos can be built equally in the east to boost the appreciation rate there. Lagos is appreciating because you've developed it, do same down home.
Politically, Igbo's are marginalized because they are seen as divided people who cannot come together with one voice.
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by akoko11: 8:17pm On Feb 17, 2017
True talk.

That is why we say give us fiscal federalism or Niger delta Republic period
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by 2016v2017: 8:18pm On Feb 17, 2017
cstr100:

That is just the fact.
They can never speak with one voice which is why they fall prey to inferior people with inferior strategies.
Go to lagos, they are more Yorubatic than the yorubas. In the north, they are more northern than the northerners.
You will see an Igbo man spending billions in lagos, and you will wonder if the idiott has gone nuts.
A very sad situation.
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Duru009(m): 8:19pm On Feb 17, 2017
Do your worst........
Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by donjahsy(m): 8:19pm On Feb 17, 2017
totit:

At the emboldened :
But why do some of you iboes reason down south?
Can you prove the emboldened? And besides, if there are more iboes in SE than the whole of Lagos or SW and you are so good at developing other people's land. How come your vast population in SE couldn't developed alaigbo as you did with Lagos.?

Honestly, I don taaya for you people. The way you reason can be so annoying.

Anyway, I will be here waiting for you to prove to the whole world how you developed Lagos with less ibos population while the whole of SE with vast population of iboes couldn't achieved the same hence you lamentation.
Mtchew
This was possible because Igbo's are so marginalized and they had nothing in there state of residence,
so they were forced to move up North and West were the federal government are so close to the people.

They saw many opportunities and grabbed it then made good fortune.

I believe your question is partly answered.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Stingman: 8:19pm On Feb 17, 2017
rightwingz:

Thanks bro. im from Bayelsa and Delta state. I dont want to involve in Hausa or yoruba matter as you listed.
Many Nigerians including me are waiting for Igbo presidency. They should present a good candidate instead of being a bunch of cry babies like democrats in the USA.

...what candidate? What if he becomes another Johnathan? What benefit would the Igbos have, other than adding to the statistics as former president...

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Amarabae(f): 8:20pm On Feb 17, 2017
BlackMbakara1:
Truth is we can't have all the tribes represented as head of security agencies. During GEJ tenure, we had minimah and ihejirika and i want to believe GEJ picked people he trusted. Must Ibos be everywhere?

Deputy senate president is Ibo and there are ministers that are from Ibo extraction, in the judiciary(Apex) we have Ibos too...what else joor? Abi the governors in the SE are non-igbos? Are there no senators or rep members 4rm SE?

Na only Igbo dey this country? Is becoming so annoying joor...always sowing seed of hatred, melancholy etc

Before you quote me stupidly, proudly an Ibibio Man. Make una park one-side.
your comment lacks intelligence.
Is minimah an Igbo man? Whats wrong in an easterner occupying at least one position in the Defence sector?
Sowing seed of hatred? So its the Obi of onitsha that threatens to throw people into lagoon if they fail to vote for his candidate.
Or a resurrected Nnamdi Azikiwe that grouped the country into 95%vs 5%?
Don't comment because others are commenting.
And finally, mentioning ur Ibibio tribe is uncalled for, no one is interested.
Its a clannish mentality.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 17, 2017
Stingman:

Igbos are not all that interested in Nigeria politics, president and officers...They prefer an independent country...Please answer, which do you think will come faster...to build rail network connecting all eastern cities, under an independent country...or doing the same under the present Nigeria, irrespective of Igbo being the president?
if there's really unity among the ibos why cant the eastern governors take up such projects? its nt like the governors are from a different tribe. so what's really happening

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by BlackMbakara1(m): 8:20pm On Feb 17, 2017
Stingman:

How do you like this>>>>Must the north be everywhere

President -North,
Senate President -North,
Speaker House of Reps –North,
Chief Justice of federation – North,
Head of Service – North,
INEC Chairman – North,
President Court of Appeal – North,
EFCC Chairman – North,
President Federal high court – North,
National Security Adviser – North,
Chief of Defense Staff – North,
Controller, Customs Service – North,
Controller Prison Services
Head of Immigration
Defence Minister-North,
MD Port Authority- North,
MD NDIC – North,
NPA - North
NYSC - North
NDLEA - North
AGF - north
SGF - north Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC) - North
Director-General, Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) -North
Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) - North
National Orientation Agency (NOA) - North
Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Authority (PPPRA) - North
Petroleum ministwer - North
GMD NNPC - North
Sec Gen OPEC- North
IG of Police - North
NIWA- North
UN Deputy Sec - north

You had opportunity to vote for Ojukwu, yet he couldn't get 1M vote from SE out of 6M peeps there (Hypocrisy). You can try your own luck and fill the people you so desired. Are you aware that we have six geo-political zone in Nigeria and every Geo-political Zone is fully represented if not at the executive, you can find at the Judiciary or Senate. When you say North North, is it only one tribe that is there? Are you aware that some positions were inherited and until they finish their tenure, the president can't change them just like that? Are you also aware that there's seniority and that follows suit on who will be chosen?

Sometimes let's be objective, we had our brother there for 6 years and he worked with people he could trust...and please continue listing other agencies you omitted let's know if there's no SS, SE, SW peeps. Haba!

3 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Huddler: 8:21pm On Feb 17, 2017
[s][/s]totit:

Dude, these are uncle made story Abeg.

Try harder abeg grin

Illiterate, so in your thick, big, akpu head liveliness equals to ' development?

Wonder shall never end.
By the way,what's the pollution ..opps population of of iboes in Lagos sef? You better come up with facts and not another uncle made stats.

Yeye dey smell
[/s]

Shameless illiterate, you are disgracing your tribe on the internet.

see the meaning of development.

development - /dɪˈvɛləpm(ə)nt/ noun 1. the process of developing or being
developed.
2. an event constituting a new stage in a
changing situation.
3. the process of converting land to a new
purpose by constructing buildings or making use of its resources.
4. the process of starting to be affected
by an ailment or feeling.
5. the process of treating photographic
film with chemicals to make a visible
image. 6. the process of bringing one's pieces
into play in the opening phase of a game.

Of course your brain is filled with poisonous ewedu gas, I really don't blame you.

1 Like

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by 12345baba(m): 8:23pm On Feb 17, 2017
aloziedaya:
am Ibo but we Ibo's hate ourselves so much. Me and My parents move down to Nigeria in 2009 we settled down in our home town onitsha and after two weeks or so the group massob came and kidnapped my father after we settled them we decided to move to Abuja. So bone this Ibo not going home cos some of them have tried that and didn't live to tell the story. We hate ourselves so much abeg. Fu*k Ibo nation struggle for Now, let's work on our mindset first. My story is just one out of many.

4 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Jacks14: 8:23pm On Feb 17, 2017
aloziedaya:
oboy take origin n chill a little...your brother husling in the north and other part of the country will never develop ur land or invest in it because deep inside an igbo man's hrt u guys are enemies of each other even in one family.the moment u c one of u start hitting coins na only which n wizard or juju u go lunch for that person n send him to the land of no return or to arrange kidnappers and hired killer to do that person...that y some wise among decide to stay n develop the land of far far away.could u imagine even some igbos are afraid to go home for christmas just for the fear of unknown becos of u wicked hrt...the truth be to said; those igbos more especially in the north hate ur so called biafra*d cuz they it is gone the ojukwu died only one blind mad nmadi kanu in his dream thinking biafra*d can be archived...flat heads

4 Likes

Re: We Are No Longer Comfortable Being Part Of Nigeria - Igbo Leaders. by Stingman: 8:24pm On Feb 17, 2017
prettyboi1989:

if there's really unity among the ibos why cant the eastern governors take up such projects? its nt like the governors are from a different tribe. so what's really happening

It can't happen while in Nigeria...even if the all the governors are brothers...but it will definitely happen if under an independent country...This is why the Igbos prefer a separate entity...just an example...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

School Boy Meets President Buhari, Shakes Him While Kneeling / Saraki And Bola Tinubu Meet At Bola Shagaya 60th Birthday (Photo) / IPOB Beheads Two Police Officers, Cannibalizes Them (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.