Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,860 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? (13021 Views)

Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt / Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" / Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by BrightEye(m): 8:02am On Feb 19, 2017
hh
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 19, 2017
No, surrender their enmity to the universe and forgive them totally, that is the best approach if God realization is your aim in life. Reactions of actions or inactions depends on your purpose in life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by SyberKate(f): 8:06am On Feb 19, 2017
I pray for long life to my enemies so that they will see the glory of God in my life and repent from their evil ways.

2 Likes

Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 19, 2017
Billyonaire:
No, surrender their enmity to the universe and forgive them totally, that is the best approach if God realization is your aim in life. Reactions of actions or inactions depends on your purpose in life.

Uncle Billy, ahahn wetin happen...Today is Sunday no Sunday school? Seriously, I really miss all your insightful topics.
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 19, 2017
parisienne:

Uncle Billy, ahahn wetin happen...Today is Sunday no Sunday school? Seriously, I really miss all your insightful topics.

I realized it is not necessary to provide answers except someone asks. Each soul MUST be allowed to awaken at its pace. Providing answers to the confusions and question only when its asked seems to work better in divine arrangement.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by hotspec(m): 8:14am On Feb 19, 2017
This kind of trash only happens in d east and Niger delta. Apology to my IPOB brodas. Come to.d west wit ds kind of nonsense, they will laff u tire and u wont make a kobo as offrring as all d benches will be EMPTY. Who get time for Siht?
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Intrepid01(m): 8:19am On Feb 19, 2017
HardMirror:
Yes it is right if you only ask them to die by fire. It is a sin if you pray they die by any other means. It is in the bible. Ask pastor odukoya of mountain of fire

Hmmmm....the erudite Professor himself..it's bn a while.....

BTW: My G.O's name is OLUKOYA DANIEL KOLAWOLE.....

To all those wishing and ready to pray for their enemies.....I pray for you today . God will give you an unrepentant enemies, God will make principalities and powers, rulers of darkness and wickedness in high places your enemies.....so.you can pray for them...
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by szen(m): 8:23am On Feb 19, 2017
Jesus teaches us to love our enemies and to pray for those who persecute you Matt 5: 43-48...nuff said
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by mekuso89(m): 8:27am On Feb 19, 2017
useless people. instead of praying for Gods interventions they pray for their enemies to die as if they have their own power to do that
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Ever8054: 8:27am On Feb 19, 2017
calaway:
AS DAVID TO GOILIATH... YOU MUST DESPISE AND REJECT EVIL IN WHATEVER SHAPE OR FORM IT MANIFEST BE IT A SITUATION OR PERSON
.. DIE BY FIRE!!!!!!
and how many have your prayer killed?...
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by fippycbk(m): 8:29am On Feb 19, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
the Bible says,suffer not a witch to live,so YES I pray they DIE

I hope you have not been disobident or rebellious either. Because rebellion itself is like the sin of WITCHCRAFT. 1 Samuel 15:23
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Senorprinz(m): 8:29am On Feb 19, 2017
reyscrub:
Believe extreemesm is individual perspective. Enemies are varry according to their attack degree.

There is an adage in Yoruba lang that says that when it faces you, short it, when behind you, short when you are left alone, think twice.

When and enemy is playing ludo game with you, then you can pray that God should deliver you from his hand but when advance hi tech die hard first class merciless enemy is playing a chess or scramble game with you, then the killer prayer type will stream out from your mouth uncontrollable I belt it with you.

what are you even saying.
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 19, 2017
HardMirror:

Like the one I saw when I clicked on reneenuttall.
Die! Die! Die!!! Die by fire!

gbam!

special easter land promo 2017. Date..saturday 25th march, 2017....Time..11am...venue..DE-santos hotel, 7 shasha road, akowonjo roundabout by dopemu overhead, lagos
BENEFITS
1. attendees will subscribe to all our estate projects at highly subsidized prices
2. secure a piece of land with as low as N10,000
3. your registration ticket qualifies you to win a free plot of land.
call or whatsapp 08105832193 for tickets...
registration fee...N2,000

Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 19, 2017
cheesy grin
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Ever8054: 8:31am On Feb 19, 2017
hahn:
Prayer is a waste of time in the first place
The real enemy is Jehovah because it created the devil to taunt us
Shiorr
chaiiii.....so this type of people still exist!!!
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 19, 2017
This is the aspect i sill find difficult to fathom. My own be to say my success alone is enough to kill them, why waste my spit against them
oduma101:
As A Believer Is it Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? Many bible verses say God the Father of our Lord Jesus is a killer, while other verses say God is full of mercy and love.

Demonic activities are on the increase, yet there are many churches everywhere people die for no just reason the enemy has turned the destiny of many high flyers to rag.

As a believer should we pray for our enemy to die?

The same way God uses people to do miracles the same way the devil also uses people to commit havoc.
[b]
Ephesians 6:12 says for we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities against, powers against the rulers of the darkness of this world against spiritual wickedness in high places.

http://www.davidimafidon.com/die/
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 19, 2017
As Christians we are to live like Christ , and in the new testaments JESUS never asked us to pray for their death, he urge us to pray for their repentance, if they refuse then he God will judge them,

Bible said we should not judge others so that we won't be judged, praying for someone to die is judgement
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 19, 2017
They are only being possessed by demons to do evil acts. That's why the bible says we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers.
mercichoco:
But satan has human agents.
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Daddybright1986(m): 8:37am On Feb 19, 2017
hahn:
Prayer is a waste of time in the first place

The real enemy is Jehovah because it created the devil to taunt us

Shiorr

You need brain

Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Ifebazz(m): 8:37am On Feb 19, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

Only blind Christians pray that way. Only blind Christians see 'suffer not the witch to die' only but not 'pray for your enemies'. Only blind Christians would see other people apart from themselves as the enemy. Only blind Christians would see old people as witches. Only blind Christians would believe every cork and bull stories told by their pastors. Only blind Christians would blame something other than their ineptitude for their misfortunes.

Blind Christians get help. Use that grey matter inside your skull. You guys revere witches and unknowns too much for their might. Stop seeing through other people's limired eye sight. Grow up.
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Dinobi77: 8:40am On Feb 19, 2017
Jesus Christ said "love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use and persecute you", Matt 5:44. It's wrong for believers in Christ to pray for d death of their perceived enemies, cos Jesus never did. One doesn't even know where the cause of one's problem is coming from, one can be d enemy of oneself, wife, husband or kids.
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Famocious(m): 8:40am On Feb 19, 2017
I don't pray against my enemy.. Bible says 'seek ye the kingdom of God and its righteousness and all other things shall be added unto thee'

As long as you pursue after righteousness, victory against enemies is one of the other things that would be added unto you ..

1 Like

Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 19, 2017
Hate is also likened unto murder.
fippycbk:

I hope you have not been disobident or rebellious either. Because rebellion itself is like the sin of WITCHCRAFT. 1 Samuel 15:23
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by ahamonyeka(m): 8:45am On Feb 19, 2017
No,rather pray for your enemies to change from their bad ways.
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Ifebazz(m): 8:45am On Feb 19, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
Only blind Christians pray that way. Only blind Christians see 'suffer not the witch to die' only but not 'pray for your enemies'. Only blind Christians would see other people apart from themselves as the enemy. Only blind Christians would see old people as witches. Only blind Christians would believe every cork and bull stories told by their pastors. Only blind Christians would blame something other than their ineptitude for their misfortunes.

Blind Christians get help. Use that grey matter inside your skull. You guys revere witches and unknowns too much for their might. Stop seeing through other people's limired eye sight. Grow up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by herald9: 8:46am On Feb 19, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
How many has died so far?
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by fkj950ax(m): 8:47am On Feb 19, 2017
ichuka:
International Standard Version
Bless those who persecute you. Keep on blessing them, and never curse them. ROM12:14

Bless those who curse you, and pray for those who insult you.
LUKE6:28

But I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you, MATT5:44

Finally, somebody who truly believes in God, and understand His word.

Not all this Christian-wannabe that only know hiw to repeat what their Pastor said.
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by East2West: 8:52am On Feb 19, 2017
Realhommie:
Lol..

Even the Jesus kinda prayer didn't come with any direction/prayer point according to my pastor last week... In Matt 5:44, Jesus asked us to love and bless and then he said "Pray for them which despitefully use you; and persecute you"... What kinda prayer na, the choice is yours... Hehehehehehehehehe.

Bro. It's quite not a good habit reading the scriptures out if context.

If he (your Pastor) didn't read in context, you have a responsibility to do so that's why you have your own Bible (well am assuming).

He quoted Matt 5:44 and left 45-48 which carries the meaning of the 44. If we continue to interpret scriptures like this we are only going to be giving room to big mess and breed unlearned Christian.
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by East2West: 8:56am On Feb 19, 2017
It's important you know
- Who is the enemy
- What the scriptures say about the enemy

A detailed explanation of WHO THE ENEMY IS has been given here. Kinda read.

https://www.nairaland.com/3599465/enemy-praying-against-people
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Flywillz93(m): 9:02am On Feb 19, 2017
ifyalways:

Chief judge. Bye.

ur location is ahia Azu fridge?
guess you're from ahia Azu Mbaise?
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by orunto27: 9:09am On Feb 19, 2017
No. Life is meaningless without Enemies.
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by ahizih(m): 9:10am On Feb 19, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
Same Bible said we should pray for our enemies, who is confused here, the Bible? You or me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Built The Kaaba? / Plateau killings: Dr. Paul Enenche speaks, condemns attacks / Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.