Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,709 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? (13024 Views)

Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt / Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" / Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by davidif: 10:50am On Feb 19, 2017
darkenkach:

Was I talking about Jesus?

I meant that Jesus rebuked his disciples when they were about to call down fire on there 'enemies'. I was just trying to give an illustration of how its not christ like to be praying for someone's demise.

Its the job of the enemy to kill and to destroy, that's not your job. Don't be in collaboration with him. We are light not darkness and our words are meant to impart grace on hearers not curses.
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by dragon2(m): 10:52am On Feb 19, 2017
darkenkach:

All of humanity is christs' property because he tasted death for all men. Yes,including our enemies. He loves them all,and while we were all committing evil he died for us. Knowing all our future sins he still accepted the punishment. There is no sin committed against us that he is not ready to forgive our enemies because he died for their sins.
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by dragon2(m): 10:59am On Feb 19, 2017
...Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us......

Very heavy words.If you do not forgive those who have sinned against you neither will God.Before you bring your gifts to his altar go and make peace with those whom you have a grudge so that your offering will be accepted
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Intrepid01(m): 11:05am On Feb 19, 2017
davidif:

You guys are hilarious. You think you can tell God to kill someone for you as if he didn't send his son to the world to be brutally murdered for them also.

You remind me of a woman i overheard who was praying for God to punish her husband. I was laughing as if God doesn't have his own mind but just exists to give you what you wish for at anytime. Don't you know that God actually has his own plans and his own desires and that if yours don't match his he will not give it to you? God is not a genie who exists to just fulfill your desires amigo. That's why you pray that you are in his will and your will becomes his. That's part of being renewed in your mind.

My friend you are very right.....atleast to the level of your knowledge...I know you have spoken based on the depth of information you have garthered over the years and your understanding about God....

But for a moment pause and listen.....to correct you nothing in my post referred to praying against individuals..those who pray the prayers of death, pray against Spirits, principalities and powers of darkness....

Human beings are never the problem but dark powers and principalities that hide behind humans to afflict humans....they are the ones that prayers of death are directed at.......they are the spirits and powers that were cast out of heaven as narrated in the book of genesis...those ones you can not pray for, but pray against.

Your fellow human that is jealous of you, takes up petty fights against you are not enemies , they are the ones you pray to God to change them to a better person.
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by dragon2(m): 11:06am On Feb 19, 2017
Why do we want to go to heaven while sending people to hell?This was the exact opposite of Christ and the saints who quietly endured persecutions while doing everything to drag people kicking and screaming into heaven even if it meant their incarceration torture and death.
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by dragon2(m): 11:11am On Feb 19, 2017
Intrepid01:

My friend you are very right.....atleast to the level of your knowledge...I know you have spoken based on the depth of information you have garthered over the years and your understanding about God....

But for a moment pause and listen.....to correct you nothing in my post referred to praying against individuals..those who pray the prayers of death, pray against Spirits, principalities and powers of darkness....

Human beings are never the problem but dark powers and principalities that hide behind humans to afflict humans....they are the ones that prayers of death are directed at.......they are the spirits and powers that were cast out of heaven as narrated in the book of genesis...those ones you can not pray for, but pray against.

Your fellow human that is jealous of you, takes up petty fights against you are not enemies , they are the ones you pray to God to change them to a better person.

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation,
ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our
Lord Jesus Christ .
5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the
people out of the land of Egypt , afterward destroyed them that believed not.......

.....8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh , despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
9 Yet Michael the archangel , when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses , durst
not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute
beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for
reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Realhommie(m): 11:11am On Feb 19, 2017
Junia:

Brother .. the devil and his agents are the real enemies. These demons possess people and they use them to torment your life. The people are just ignorant. Just pray that those people encounter Christ so that the demons can be casted out of them. And pray against the works of these people. Thus whatever the demons use them to do will not affect your life. No Christian is expected to kill. No .. it doesnt demonstrate love
Bros but i didn't mention kill in my post you quoted.. Infact we're saying same thing i believe, else what does it mean to subdue the will of the enemies using prayer as a weapon?
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by dragon2(m): 11:11am On Feb 19, 2017
When it comes to demons pray for protection period..
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by dragon2(m): 11:13am On Feb 19, 2017
And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from every evil.
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Realhommie(m): 11:43am On Feb 19, 2017
davidif:

You guys are hilarious. You think you can tell God to kill someone for you as if he didn't send his son to the world to be brutally murdered for them also.

You remind me of a woman i overheard who was praying for God to punish her husband. I was laughing as if God doesn't have his own mind but just exists to give you what you wish for at anytime. Don't you know that God actually has his own plans and his own desires and that if yours don't match his he will not give it to you? God is not a genie who exists to just fulfill your desires amigo. That's why you pray that you are in his will and your will becomes his. That's part of being renewed in your mind.
How does my POV correlate with the woman's prayer point? Did you try to find out from the lady even why she made that prayer and maybe try correcting her? That's btw.

Now lemme paint a picture for you, first of can God kill because of his elect? I'll leave you to answer that.

So there was a man who belonged to a secret society, he joined for wealth and protection, he had given his mother, wife and 2 kids at different intervals over the years as sacrifices for renewal of his protection (power) and replenishment of his wealth.. Now it was time to make another sacrifice, he had just a brother (younger) and obviously it had to be him.. This brother of the occult man nothing seemed to be working for him so one day he located a church and the pastor gave him a revelation saying his destiny was being used by his elder brother that's the cause of his predicament. He was delivered and things began to move fine with him.. He tried to get his brother to change from his evil ways all to no avail, he kept praying for him still to have a change of heart and repent unknowing to him the brother had given a date in their kingdom for the sacrifice of his only bro to be made. But because the younger was now in Christ and had become a new creature hence no weapon formed against him shall prosper the sacrifice backfired and the elder one paid dearly with his life..

Now who arose and fought for the younger one, he had no idea what transpired?? If not God i want to know who please... And if God would you say he killed the elder one or not?
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 19, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

take ur sermon to the church were its needed.
wait ooo,,,nor vex,!!!u get Enemy
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Realhommie(m): 11:47am On Feb 19, 2017
bebe2:

Same thing he meant when he said u should pray for ur enemies.

Same thing he meant when he said he will prepare a table before you in their presence. So when u kill all of them, how is God going to fulfill that promise if no enemy is remaining grin

I beg naija pple make una suffrey, it's coming embarrassing no be only una dey for their planet oo
Btw, I didn't mention kill ooooo.. Lol

And you didn't answer my question .. "Open your mouth wide, and will fill it" .. What did God mean in that passage? It's in Ps 81 vs 10, you insinuated I quoted outta context.
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by bebe2(f): 11:55am On Feb 19, 2017
Realhommie:
Btw, I didn't mention kill ooooo.. Lol

And you didn't answer my question .. "Open your mouth wide, and will fill it" .. What did God mean in that passage? It's in Ps 81 vs 10, you insinuated I quoted outta context.

No, I quoted u but was asking a general rhetorical question.

No wahala jare, kill them with kindness, grin
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by bebe2(f): 11:58am On Feb 19, 2017
Realhommie:
How does my POV correlate with the woman's prayer point? Did you try to find out from the lady even why she made that prayer and maybe try correcting her? That's btw.

Now lemme paint a picture for you, first of can God kill because of his elect? I'll leave you to answer that.

So there was a man who belonged to a secret society, he joined for wealth and protection, he had given his mother, wife and 2 kids at different intervals over the years as sacrifices for renewal of his protection (power) and replenishment of his wealth.. Now it was time to make another sacrifice, he had just a brother (younger) and obviously it had to be him.. This brother of the occult man nothing seemed to be working for him so one day he located a church and the pastor gave him a revelation saying his destiny was being used by his elder brother that's the cause of his predicament. He was delivered and things began to move fine with him.. He tried to get his brother to change from his evil ways all to no avail, he kept praying for him still to have a change of heart and repent unknowing to him the brother had given a date in their kingdom for the sacrifice of his only bro to be made. But because the younger was now in Christ and had become a new creature hence no weapon formed against him shall prosper the sacrifice backfired and the elder one paid dearly with his life..

Now who arose and fought for the younger one, he had no idea what transpired?? If not God i want to know who please... And if God would you say he killed the elder one or not?

Pls wats the name of the movie?
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by omojeesu(m): 12:31pm On Feb 19, 2017
No!
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
Realhommie:
Bros but i didn't mention kill in my post you quoted.. Infact we're saying same thing i believe, else what does it mean to subdue the will of the enemies using prayer as a weapon?

Sorry bro
Wrong post
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 19, 2017
dragon2:

Thank you my brother.Those who pray against their enemies have little faith in God. What will be the manner of shame if you pray against someone and find that person in heaven because someone else prayed for his redemption as Christ suggests?.What will we say to Christ who redeemed us.?

Thats it bro
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by 1k001(m): 1:32pm On Feb 19, 2017
One of the biggest successes of the devil in our day is to make believers think that there is an enemy out there hindering your progress.

When actually most of the time if you look closely, it's the poor choices of the man in the mirror.

Let's look at the posters by the op.

'kill them before they kill you'. Please, who is coming to kill you, if it's not the person you stole from or cheated. Live a clean, honest life and they will not come and kill you.

'Wetin i do you, na u dey do me?' What does this even mean? Go and find work to do and improve your life and others, only jobless people are looking for what their neighbours are doing to them. People no dey do Bill Gates.

'That witch must die'. Which witch? Go school, you no go. Read book, you no read. Learn trade, you no learn. No born pikin, you born 5. No join MMM, you put life savings inside. Go build house, you buy flashy car. Deliver for your job, you dey gossip for office. Abeg who be the witch for inside.

'Let me marry or you die'. When you were chasing money and men up and down in your youth. Wasting precious time doing nothing you didn't blame anyone. Now the chicken has come to roost, somebody must die. Ok so if the person dies, abi he will reincarnate and become your husband.

Educate yourselves and open your eyes. Every prayer should be to ask for strength to overcome. That's what life is about, overcoming our selfish desires, helping others and aligning our hearts with God.

Largely we are our own greatest enemies.

1 Like

Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by East2West: 1:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
Realhommie:
Of course I have my own Bible and i understand that passage very well..

Good to here that but you could have quoted in full not extracting just part to defend your course.

The question here is "what action would you take against an unrepentant enemy"?

Let's not try to qualify enemy. The scriptures is clear about who enemy is. Nothing like "unrepentant enemy".

If he can repent then he's no more an "enemy". He is an enemy because he isn't repenting.

So the same scriptures apply to all. Love your Enemy (the one you see as enemy).

Also remember that prayer is a weapon

I really done understand this. You will have to give me scriptures and verse that refer to prayer as a weapon.

and according to 2 cor 10:4 "The weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through God in the pulling down of every stronghold"

2cor 10:4 was never about prayer nor about fighting you seen enemy.

All that are mentioned in that context referred to knowledge against.

- strongholds
- imagination
- high thing against the KNOWLEDGE
- thought

Not humans, not your colleague who doesn't like your face, not that man trying to jazz you kiss

It's a stand against the gospel, the knowledge of God, the power of resurrection.

So in every spiritual warfare prayer is the weapon we use to subdue the will of the enemies, if there were no enemies, the ones of high calling, agents of satan then the bible would never have made mention of it..

You may have to do further study about who the enemy is as given in the scriptures, the one you are to stand against. Then you will realise the context of the enemy in Matt.

This will really help. Take time to go through it.

https://www.nairaland.com/3599465/enemy-praying-against-people

Besides, that verse he just used for illustration and not because he lacked understanding of the passage.

Well his or your illustrations must not contradict the stand of the scriptures, quoting out of context is a great killer of meanings and interpretation of words. It will be better to just stay with and quote all that was written than giving illustration that changes the true meaning of the context.
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Empredboy(m): 1:54pm On Feb 19, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
the Bible says,suffer not a witch to live,so YES I pray they DIE
are you for Christ who said "pray for your enemies "
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Realhommie(m): 2:17pm On Feb 19, 2017
East2West:

Good to here that but you could have quoted in full not extracting just part to defend your course.

Let's not try to qualify enemy. The scriptures is clear about who enemy is. Nothing like "unrepentant enemy".

If he can repent then he's no more an "enemy". He is an enemy because he isn't repenting.

So the same scriptures apply to all. Love your Enemy (the one you see as enemy).

I really done understand this. You will have to give me scriptures and verse that refer to prayer as a weapon.

2cor 10:4 was never about prayer nor about fighting you seen enemy.

All that are mentioned in that context referred to knowledge against.

- strongholds
- imagination
- high thing against the KNOWLEDGE
- thought

Not humans, not your colleague who doesn't like your face, not that man trying to jazz you kiss

It's a stand against the gospel, the knowledge of God, the power of resurrection.

You may have to do further study about who the enemy is as given in the scriptures, the one you are to stand against. Then you will realise the context of the enemy in Matt.

This will really help. Take time to go through it.

https://www.nairaland.com/3599465/enemy-praying-against-people

Well his or your illustrations must not contradict the stand of the scriptures, quoting out of context is a great killer of meanings and interpretation of words. It will be better to just stay with and quote all that was written than giving illustration that changes the true meaning of the context.
Ok... Thanks
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Realhommie(m): 2:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
bebe2:

Pls wats the name of the movie?
It's not even a movie, lol.. I just came up with.
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Realhommie(m): 2:25pm On Feb 19, 2017
bebe2:

No, I quoted u but was asking a general rhetorical question.
No wahala jare, kill them with kindness, grin
Na you sabi ooooo. tongue
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Ifebazz(m): 2:51pm On Feb 19, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

so if u don't insult me ur message won't be delivered right? I only gave my own point and u are telling me yo grow up,may God help u
I told you to grow up because I just realized how much patience Jesus had seeing so many people wallow in abject blindness.You guys only quote scriptures to suit your arguments but not reality of the essence of Christianity. I hear Matthew 5:38-48 only when the pastors are trying to squeeze out the money from the people's pocket, but once it gets to actual prayers, all you hear is "kill them", "enemies die".
Has any of those bigots called pastors ever meditated on the aforementioned text, do they duel on it as they would "die by fire"? Of course not. All they are after is your fears and worries which according to Renè Raymonds (James Hardley Chase) said, "fear is the key that unlocks the pocket of the rich" and by extension, the poor.
Development wouldn't come to Africa until we start seeing beyond our noses. Beyond 'they are hating me' (like anyone even notices you at all. Learn to live and let's live.
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Kaysalas(m): 2:55pm On Feb 19, 2017
@ O.P, IF Jesus is your Lord, then follow His word on this issue. Not Isaiah's or David's. But Jesus...the author and finisher of our faith.
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by ReneeNuttall(f): 6:09pm On Feb 19, 2017
Ifebazz:

I told you to grow up because I just realized how much patience Jesus had seeing so many people wallow in abject blindness.You guys only quote scriptures to suit your arguments but not reality of the essence of Christianity. I hear Matthew 5:38-48 only when the pastors are trying to squeeze out the money from the people's pocket, but once it gets to actual prayers, all you hear is "kill them", "enemies die".
Has any of those bigots called pastors ever meditated on the aforementioned text, do they duel on it as they would "die by fire"? Of course not. All they are after is your fears and worries which according to Renè Raymonds (James Hardley Chase) said, "fear is the key that unlocks the pocket of the rich" and by extension, the poor.
Development wouldn't come to Africa until we start seeing beyond our noses. Beyond 'they are hating me' (like anyone even notices you at all. Learn to live and let's live.
pls take ur sermon to the church, I don't need it.
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by davidif: 6:36pm On Feb 19, 2017
darkenkach:

Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Ifebazz(m): 8:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

pls take ur sermon to the church, I don't need it.
You so need it like a second foot if you still have such notion about your faith you claim to profess.
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:35pm On Feb 19, 2017
Ifebazz:

You so need it like a second foot if you still have such notion about your faith you claim to profess.

look at this one claiming holier than thou,when u haven't saved ur self.is it by force to share same fate with u?pls mind ur biz and stop pokenosing in other people's biz.
Re: As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? by Mariojane(f): 11:14am On Feb 20, 2017
darkenkach:
Yes ooo infact, my prayer have sent one of my enemy to comma in London for the past two weeks.
grin grin grin grin grin grin is your enemy by any chance the President? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What You Wear To Church Really Matter? / Face To Face With Hate Islamic Preacher, Professor Dauda Ojobi / Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.