Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites (14446 Views)

The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events / Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites / My Experience With A Christian: A Lesson In Religious Tolerance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by chuksjuve(m): 4:29pm On Feb 19, 2017
My brother kindly read and study the book of Joel chapter 2 from verse one to the end...

Meanwhile
For the best in horticulture , Landscape & Beatifications..

Chukkyconcepts Landscape & Beautifications is your call of choice..

We simply add value to your real estate property.

For free landscape consultation & more
Call 08176022315
IG: chukkyconcepts
Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by caesaraba(m): 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2017
Congrats mehn. You just gained what many more people need.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by omenkaLives(m): 4:36pm On Feb 19, 2017
jejemanito:
Funny thing is if you'd allowed yourself to be wrapped under the cloak of "religion," chances of your constructing such a nice write-up would've been very very very slim.

All I know is there is something about religion: it bars us from exploring the full potentials of our thinking abilities.
Fact!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by dragon2(m): 4:39pm On Feb 19, 2017
The will adoring the mind/knowledge is a moral disorder. Morality must be first is man,if not he is nothing more than an intelligent animal yes, but an animal nonetheless. It is the ability to accept a superior global good that belongs to the will.This is clouded by knowledge which tends to puff up and dry the spirit. God cannot be found in a disordered soul. Take small steps to revive the soul.Say The lords prayer about 10x a day.A short simple but power prayer constructed by God himself.It is the prayer of all beginners in the spiritual,also powerful for the advance during sterility.
Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 19, 2017
You're not alone. These days I do not know if it's fear, duty or love that keeps me going.

My prayer last night was for an encounter to help me get back the faith I am so exponentially losing.

6 Likes

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
Op you ain't alone

4 Likes

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by nNEOo(m): 4:44pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hurlstarling:
I remember so vivid then how ecstatic I was in God's presence. Full of life and joy, in fact led praises in youth gatherings. So it becomes quite unbelievable how vast things have changed over the course of three years, and how well I personally have changed.

The beginning of this I cannot pinpoint. However, the causes I can suggest. Over the years I have become an active thinker with logic dominating most of my reasonings. These registered quite a lot of dissonance in what I used to belief and what reality presents as same it has helped in understanding the universe and God purpose for humanity, and what he is doing to achieve this despite the human race being unappreciative. Also, my not so interested in many things and zero emotional level could have also contributed to the lack of Joy in God's presence, since Joy is positively heightened emotion. This then stands not the problem: "My inability to make use of my gift."

As a thinker I do so well in the line of writing, so the gift of writing which is intellectual I exhibit without restraint despite my personality, in fact it favours it. My other gift which propels this piece is the gift of worship: I am a songwriter and singer.

Unable, is the verb that relates to this gift. Of course I try my best going to church despite my so restrained spectrum of interest. That wouldn't be a problem, the problem is the joy is not so much there: the need to be part of what they do. I see choristers sing and every time I wish I can be part of that, sing with them to the God of my fathers. The gift is there, I have written hundreds of songs, taught couples in the past, still write, just I can't exhibit the will to sing or teach them any longer. I am approaching zero level of interest in spiritual activities. Conflicting is I still love God having understand his plan for humanity. So the author is not an, and can never be an atheist. This is evident in my coming novel "A Loveline" (I will like you read it).

So, if anyone knows how, and how and well, well and good, efficient practical not spiritually placed steps to exercise this music skills of mine in God's presence as I expressly do here with my writing skills, I will be glad to see it shared.

I don't want it wasted.

-Hurlstarling.

Welcome aboard bro, religion restrain you from thinking beyond your horizon, so many things you just can't man enough to question

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by dragon2(m): 4:46pm On Feb 19, 2017
knowledge in itself is neither good or bad but by loving it ardently you withdraw love from your fellow man whom knowledge is meant to serve and hence society exalts knowledge while plunging into depravity.Love of Christ leads to love of neighbour which develops society and with proper control of knowledge exalts society,but only if Christ is first.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Eluwilussit(m): 4:46pm On Feb 19, 2017
[quote author=Hurlstarling post=53853827]I remember so vivid then how ecstatic I was in God's presence. Full of life and joy, in fact led praises in youth gatherings. So it becomes quite unbelievable how vast things have changed over the course of three years, and how well I personally have changed.

The beginning of this I cannot pinpoint. However, the causes I can suggest. Over the years I have become an active thinker with logic dominating most of my reasonings. These registered quite a lot of dissonance in what I used to belief and what reality presents as same it has helped in understanding the universe and God purpose for humanity, and what he is doing to achieve this despite the human race being unappreciative. Also, my not so interested in many things and zero emotional level could have also contributed to the lack of Joy in God's presence, since Joy is positively heightened emotion. This then stands not the problem: "My inability to make use of my gift."

As a thinker I do so well in the line of writing, so the gift of writing which is intellectual I exhibit without restraint despite my personality, in fact it favours it. My other gift which propels this piece is the gift of worship: I am a songwriter and singer.

Unable, is the verb that relates to this gift. Of course I try my best going to church despite my so restrained spectrum of interest. That wouldn't be a problem, the problem is the joy is not so much there: the need to be part of what they do. I see choristers sing and every time I wish I can be part of that, sing with them to the God of my fathers. The gift is there, I have written hundreds of songs, taught couples in the past, still write, just I can't exhibit the will to sing or teach them any longer. I am approaching zero level of interest in spiritual activities. Conflicting is I still love God having understand his plan for humanity. So the author is not an, and can never be an atheist. This is evident in my coming novel "A Loveline" (I will like you read it).

So, if anyone knows how, and how and well, well and good, efficient practical not spiritually placed steps to exercise this music skills of mine in God's presence as I expressly do here with my writing skills, I will be glad to see it shared.

I think you have lost the "anointing " and the reason is not farfetched. Too much logic usually works against the "anointing". Start doing what you love and wanna do for the Lord. Sing to the Lord, irrespective of your feelings. God will restore His anointing, when your heart and head are in His will. Never give up. It is only a phase. You will be fine at last.
Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by nNEOo(m): 4:47pm On Feb 19, 2017
dragon2:
The will adoring the mind/knowledge is a moral disorder. Morality must be first is man,if not he is nothing more than an intelligent animal yes, but an animal nonetheless. It is the ability to accept a superior global good that belongs to the will.This is clouded by knowledge which tends to puff up and dry the spirit. God cannot be found in a disordered soul. Take small steps to revive the soul.Say The lords prayer about 10x a day.A short simple but power prayer constructed by God himself.It is the prayer of all beginners in the spiritual,also powerful for the advance during sterility.

Sterility, your last word, it not a hopeless situation.
Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by litaninja(m): 4:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
Truth is ....your eyes are now opening...the scales are now falling...
Hurlstarling:
I remember so vivid then how ecstatic I was in God's presence. Full of life and joy, in fact led praises in youth gatherings. So it becomes quite unbelievable how vast things have changed over the course of three years, and how well I personally have changed.

I don't want it wasted.

-Hurlstarling.

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
The way the religious leaders in Nigeria behave is a valid reason to doubt the existence of whatever they preach.

The Muslims are killing as much as possible and the Christians are stealing as much as possible from the weakest in the society.

Go to Ikoyi and Banana Island, you never see churches of mosques there. In fact, there is no single religious center in the whole Ikoyi. Go to the areas where the poor live, you have churches and mosques littering everywhere.

My dad has been a member of Deeper Life since the late 70s and he's given tons of money to the church. When Deeper Life High School was being built members were heavily taxed. However, when it was established, the fees were outrageous. 600k per child.

I asked in my local branch church why the the fees were so high, the reply I got as that they needed to reach the children of the wealthy. Meanwhile there were children of members who contributed to this school but couldn't afford the fees. Some of these members had been in church since the 80s and 90s.

That was the day my faith died. These people are more callous than the 'sinners' they are preaching to.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by dragon2(m): 4:51pm On Feb 19, 2017
As the apostle said Love builds up but knowledge puffs up.
Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by lankieman: 5:03pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hurlstarling:
The interest is not there.

4 Likes

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by AK6464(m): 5:03pm On Feb 19, 2017
Remember the things you first did at those times, with conscious efforts of spending time in prayer (at least an hour a day) spend more time in studying the word, have a spiritual cover (be submissive to your prophet) the devil is working overtime. I didn't include avoiding sin because if you do the following diligently you'll loose appetite for sin
Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by AK6464(m): 5:04pm On Feb 19, 2017
R
Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by TheVictorious(m): 5:13pm On Feb 19, 2017
OkoYiboz:
The way the religious leaders in Nigeria behave is a valid reason to doubt the existence of whatever they preach.

The Muslims are killing as much as possible and the Christians are stealing as much as possible from the weakest in the society.

Go to Ikoyi and Banana Island, you never see churches of mosques there. In fact, there is no single religious center in the whole Ikoyi. Go to the areas where the poor live, you have churches and mosques littering everywhere.

My dad has been a member of Deeper Life since the late 70s and he's given tons of money to the church. When Deeper Life High School was being built members were heavily taxed. However, when it was established, the fees were outrageous. 600k per child.

I asked in my local branch church why the the fees were so high, the reply I got as that they needed to reach the children of the wealthy. Meanwhile there were children of members who contributed to this school but couldn't afford the fees. Some of these members had been in church since the 80s and 90s.

That was the day my faith died. These people are more callous than the 'sinners' they are preaching to.

Guy my faith is not tied to anybody's actions. Okay, why do you think they own God??

1 Like

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by musicwriter(m): 5:16pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hurlstarling:

I don't want it wasted.

-Hurlstarling.

God has nothing to do with religion. God has nothing to do with your church.

If indeed you've become rational and is questioning what you've been told about God since you were younger, that's exactly what you are supposed to do. Jesus did the same!!. When Jesus grew up and the scales of religious indoctrination fell off his eyes, he went to the temple arguing with the scribes and pharises (intellectuals and church leaders) about the true nature of God and what God wants. That's exactly the disvovery you've made now that religion does not represent God. When Jesus made that discovery he went further to call religious people and religious leaders "hypocrites" who like to wash the outside of the cup while the inside is dirty. So, if Jesus wasn't a religious person, there's no basis for anybody to claim their religion or church, mosque, synagogue, temple, have anything to do with God.

You don't need a church, pastor, mosque, imam, synagogue, Rabbi, e.t.c to believe in God.

You're on the right track. You actually need to drop your religion in order to understand God better. You need to drop your religion in order to appreciate and love humanity equally no matter what their belief system, because with religion you cannot love everybody, thereby felling the most important commandment "love your neighbor as yourself".

God's word is not in any book nor church nor mosque nor synagogue. God's word is in your heart. Abraham Lincoln said ''when I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion''.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Immorttal: 5:17pm On Feb 19, 2017
A little more questions and you will understand you,ve been scammed. Bro, the awakening is scary at first but its the reality. Welcome to the world of freethinkers.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 19, 2017
Davash222:

When you start seeing things like, be rest assured you are heading to your doom.

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by realmindz: 5:33pm On Feb 19, 2017
dragon2:
Love of knowledge has trumped love of morality.Reorder yourself, raise your will above your mind.What has happened is that your will(the appetitive function) has been enslaved by your mind(rational function).

Can u explain how thirst for knowledge can be detrimental to morality?
Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by iluvpomo(m): 5:35pm On Feb 19, 2017
@Hurlstarling : welcome to the club. Enjoy your freedom.
Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Agunechibeya(m): 5:41pm On Feb 19, 2017
My dear, i really felt for you. The truth is that God is real. The leaves of the trees and all nature acknoledge that He is. Its ilogical to believe that He does not exist. Pls locate a disciplined and learned church and talk to the Priest. You will get help. Im not a Roman catholic but I recomend it. Many of the newer churches might lead you further astray with their craving for materialism. The Anglican communion is another church you can give a try. Pls note: im not recomending a church for you to be attending but where you can go and get godly and learned counsel. You can go back to ur church afterwards. May God reveal Himself to you through the enduement of the holy spirit. God bless and keep you dear

1 Like

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 19, 2017
You just got saved from the shackles and chains of hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by niyihawking(m): 5:56pm On Feb 19, 2017
dragon2:
which global god
do you mean FSM?

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by dragon2(m): 5:59pm On Feb 19, 2017
realmindz:

Can u explain how thirst for knowledge can be detrimental to morality?

Knowledge is not Wisdom. Knowledge without morality is depravity.The scientists that worked on nuclear physics and E=mc2 sort knowledge, but human depravity turned that formular into missiles that can wipe us out in hrs. For the survival of the human specie morality must be first and very far ahead of knowledge. The supreme moral Good is God.
God must be sort first even without knowledge as Christ says......Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all will be added to you.
Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by dragon2(m): 6:00pm On Feb 19, 2017
niyihawking:
which global god do you mean FSM?
Global good,good for all,supreme good.
Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by obinna58(m): 6:00pm On Feb 19, 2017
grin grin grin
Op is getting tired of zombie mode
Religious slavery

6 Likes

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by SpencerLewis(m): 6:03pm On Feb 19, 2017
omenkaLives:
Congratulations bro!!

You just got the redemption being sought after by many people in vain.

I celebrate with you sir. smiley
My brotherman Omenka, this is the only reasonable comment of yours that I have read here on NL. Most time is blindly supporting Buhari's visionless govt. The op is likely a free thinker by nature. He can still impact his music knowledge to his church without been an active church goer. Indeed religion has cause more problem than it has pretended to have solved since the day man (not Adam oo of Jewish fairytale) appeared here on planet earth. Man has always been desperate to believe in something irrespective of how ridiculous it may be. Ans religion has filled that gap.

#Religion has caused the world more harm than good-- Fact!
Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by niyihawking(m): 6:03pm On Feb 19, 2017
dragon2:

Global good,good for all,supreme good.
OKgrin
Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by Opakan2: 6:04pm On Feb 19, 2017
you're more like a free thinker now just like most of us.. you look around you and ask yourself "is this stuff really worth it" with all the neglect and evil happening around

A wise man once said and I quote.. God is a Spirit and whosoever shall serve must do so in spirit.

A word of advice.. Don't lose your humanity, have conscience, fear God and live life.
Shalom!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites by dragon2(m): 6:06pm On Feb 19, 2017
There is a saying 'one mans good is another mans poison' hence the supreme Good, all men are to seek is that good which does not turn to poison for its neighbour, a good ready to annihilate itself for all mankind and each particular man.Anything less like,self or knowledge, brings discord,various 'isms', and a slow plunge into depravity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do Dreams Affect Our Reality? / How T.B. Joshua Initiated Chris Oyakhilome & Ugandan Pastor Kakande / Is It Right Or Wrong To Give A Beggar My Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.