Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,745 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:48 AM

Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians (14174 Views)

Freethinkers! How Did Your Self-awakening Start? / Freethinkers- Do You Ever Feel Lonely? / Humanists And Freethinkers: What Are Your Thoughts On Abortion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:24am On Mar 16, 2017
JackBizzle:

Atheism is a freethinking position.

It does not mean that all atheists are freethinkers because some people are born into atheist families.
How come it is a position based on BELIEF or FAITH and not a position arrived through logical thinking?
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 9:27am On Mar 16, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
How come it is a position based on BELIEF or faith and not a position arrived through logical thinking?

I do not believe in the tooth-fairy as there is no evidence for it.

I do not believe in God as there is no evidence for it.

Atheism is a lack of belief and not a belief.
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:34am On Mar 16, 2017
JackBizzle:

I do not believe in the tooth-fairy as there is no evidence for it.

I do not believe in God as there is no evidence for it.

Atheism is a lack of belief and not a belief.

But Atheists also claim their is no God. How did they arrive at such bold confession? The deficiencies of Theism?
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 9:53am On Mar 16, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
But Atheists also claim their is no God. How did they arrive at such bold confession? The deficiencies of Theism?

Shifting goal posts abi?

Atheism is as follows

1) The disbelief in God or gods. "There is no evidence for God, hence, I do not believe".

2) The outright rejection of certain gods. "The God of the bible does not exist as he is self-refuting; how can an all knowing God need to test humans?"

Number 2 applies to what you are talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:01am On Mar 16, 2017
JackBizzle:

Shifting goal posts abi?

Atheism is as follows

1) The disbelief in God or gods. "There is no evidence for God, hence, I do not believe".

2) The outright rejection of certain gods. "The God of the bible does not exist as he is self-refuting; how can an all knowing God need to test humans?"

Number 2 applies to what you are talking about.
You first line means atheist do not know if God exists?

What about the God(s) of other religions? Do they exist too?

So an all knowing God testing humans is proof that such God doesn't exist?
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 10:03am On Mar 16, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
You first line means atheist do not know if God exists?

So an all knowing God testing humans is proof that such God doesn't exist?

A 6-feet tall midget person can not exist.
A married bachelor can not exist.
An omniscient God who needs to do tests can not exist.

Follow the logic

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 10:04am On Mar 16, 2017
Sapiosexuality:

A lot of religions have Gods that logically can not exist
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:15am On Mar 16, 2017
JackBizzle:

A 6-feet tall midget person can not exist.
A married bachelor can not exist.
An omniscient God who needs to do tests can not exist.

Follow the logic
So these are the reasons atheists hand on to show that God doesn't exist?
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 10:30am On Mar 16, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
So these are the reasons atheists hand on to show that God doesn't exist?

grin

Christian troll. Epic dodge- kingebuka style
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:35am On Mar 16, 2017
JackBizzle:

grin

A freethinker is not even free from ad hominem?
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 10:41am On Mar 16, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
A freethinker is not even free from ad hominem?

Gerarahere.

#swerve
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:46am On Mar 16, 2017
JackBizzle:

Gerarahere.
#swerve
Bravo! Freethinker!
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by akintom(m): 10:52am On Mar 16, 2017
JackBizzle:

grin

I suspect this undefined dude, to be one of the 3 musketeers(ebublog, felixomor or damogul) who are octopus with moniker. A cowardly deceptive and shameful behavior.
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 11:25am On Mar 16, 2017
akintom:

I suspect this undefined dude, to be one of the 3 musketeers(ebublog, felixomor or damogul) who are octopus with moniker. A cowardly deceptive and shameful behavior.

grin grin

I know...one of them even posed as an atheist and the other posed as a deist but were swiftly exposed.
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by lepasharon(f): 5:56pm On Mar 16, 2017
LiberaDeus:

Why do you have to deny me brutally? why oh why

JackBizzle am still here. Anytime you ready am ready

lol didnt mean to sound harsh mate smiley
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by Niflheim(m): 2:39pm On Mar 18, 2017
@the general house,

I hope you are aware of this!!! The Atheists Society of Nigeria has finally been registered by the Corporate Affairs Commission!!! The President is Calistus Igwilo(I do not know him personally, but he is very visible on Facebook)!

Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 8:20pm On Mar 19, 2017
Niflheim:
@the general house,

I hope you are aware of this!!! The Atheists Society of Nigeria has finally been registered by the Corporate Affairs Commission!!! The President is Calistus Igwilo(I do not know him personally, but he is very visible on Facebook)!

Very good start but it seems they are only mouthed on Facebook.
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by Niflheim(m): 10:00am On Mar 20, 2017
@jack Bizzle,

"Mouthed'? Can you explain?
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by CatfishBilly: 10:38am On Mar 20, 2017
Niflheim:
@the general house,

Why do they need a registered body though?
Political clout or what?
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 2:38pm On Mar 20, 2017
Niflheim:
@jack Bizzle,

"Mouthed'? Can you explain?

Don't mind me- they are only present on facebook. Didnt see a website.
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by felixomor: 8:24am On Mar 21, 2017
akintom:

Hmmm.
Its not everyone that pretends like u jesters....
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by jonbellion(m): 8:27am On Mar 21, 2017
akintom:

lmaoooo
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 9:15am On Mar 21, 2017
felixomor:

Hmmm.

Says the habitual liar
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by felixomor: 9:34am On Mar 21, 2017
JackBizzle:

Says the habitual liar

Hehehehe.....
U seem to have a short memory... angry
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by akintom(m): 9:40am On Mar 21, 2017
felixomor:

Hmmm.

This can only come from the medic, who assert unabashedly, that human brain sleeps.

If there's anything jesty about me, it's during lighter mood on how your god idea, is a joke taken too seriously.

Remember my earliest thread - "god must be joking"?
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by Pastafarian: 9:40am On Mar 21, 2017
let's not derail this beautiful thread

CC Akintom, Jackbizzle
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by felixomor: 10:11am On Mar 21, 2017
akintom:

This can only come from the medic, who assert unabashedly, that human brain sleeps .

If there's anything jesty about me, it's during lighter mood on how your god idea, is a joke taken too seriously.

Remember my earliest thread - "god must be joking"?

U dont even know how to read?
If u do, u wont accuse me of a claim i never made...

Asides, Please how many Christians have u converted to atheism now?
Since u started posting your obsession on Nairaland?
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by akintom(m): 11:09pm On Mar 21, 2017
Pastafarian:
let's not derail this beautiful thread
CC Akintom, Jackbizzle
aiit
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by JackBizzle: 9:23am On Mar 22, 2017
Tried registering 3 humanist names at CAC.

All of them taken undecided undecided undecided

What are the chances? I believe that there is some christian or muslim bigot blocking my efforts given that there is no single humanist organisation in Nigeria and my names were original- had a name branding guy to work with

any atheist lawyer here? cheesy

cc Jonbellion, hahn, pastafarian, akintom, lepasharon, niflheim, liberadeus

1 Like

Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by jonbellion(m): 11:58am On Mar 22, 2017
JackBizzle:

What are the chances? I believe that there is some christian or muslim bigot blocking my efforts given that there is no single humanist organisation in Nigeria and my names were original- had a name branding guy to work with

lool if lawyer is a codename for computer programmer then I can write you an algorithm to take up your case smiley
Re: Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians by akintom(m): 12:10pm On Mar 22, 2017
JackBizzle:

I have serious concerns, about the way we are in Nigeria, when it comes to bringing intelligence and diligence to bear on our endeavors.

Few days ago, i saw a certificate of registration for atheists Society of Nigeria. Prior to this registration, i am not aware of any rallying of atheists (NL will be a first forum to lunch from). there ought to have been a physical meeting of atheist, where data will be documented and other fine tuning.

It's particularly dulling, that after registration, there's no website, no plan of action etc.

My opinion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prophet Muhammad Prophesied In Bible / Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? / Do Christians Need To Confess Adultery To Their Partners?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.