Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,879 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

NL Politics Section Contributors Of The Year!!! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NL Politics Section Contributors Of The Year!!! (3013 Views)

Poll: Vote Your NL Politics Section Contributors Of The Year.

Jakumo: 33% (35 votes)
Becomerich: 53% (56 votes)
Beaf: 12% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

My Weekend "Gift" To The Good People Of NL Politics Section / What Is Happening To NL Politics Section? / I Declare War On The Partisan And Biased Moderators On NL Politics Section!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Politics Section Contributors Of The Year!!! by kosovo(m): 7:57am On Dec 14, 2009
This is to disrepute and Discredit every malicious claims by some people who are questioning the credibility of the election and are equally trying to counteract and sabotage the concluding process.

For The avoidance of doubt, the Poll was not locked, as it is evidenced that the total vote count increased from 62 on December 11th to 80 as at today, December 14.
It must however be cleared that only the comment section was disabled until December 17th where the winner and runner-up would be announced.

The process has not been compromised, as it remains the most Free, Fair and Balanced Election process ever witnessed .
Re: NL Politics Section Contributors Of The Year!!! by Afam(m): 7:41am On Dec 17, 2009
kosovo:

At least there were some people who wanted the tie to be broken, some even sent me a PM.
But you have been the only one trolling round the forum, claiming that the process has been rigged.

Thread locked!
Opens 17th Dec. 2009

The content in bold refers, it is obvious you don't understand the meaning of tie otherwise you wouldn't be talking about a tie.

People sending you PM means nothing because such personal correspondence on a public forum is unnecessary.

I did not claim the process was rigged (considering the fact that the process was still on as at the time), I claimed the process remains flawed for including a 3rd person and claiming a run off was necessary due to a tie when the 3rd person clearly had few number of votes than the first two that obviously had the same number.

So, this is not about what you think. Claiming that the process was free and fair would not be any different from Prof Iwu that claimed that 2007 elections were free and fair. So, your personal opinion on this is completely immaterial.

You must learn to live with your mistakes and blunders instead of trying to justify them.

And we scream for change in Nigeria even when we cannot manage basic and simple voting process.
Re: NL Politics Section Contributors Of The Year!!! by OAM4J: 8:17am On Dec 17, 2009
Afam, I think you are over flogging this matter. There is no electoral law or rule in place for this poll. Kosovo has to use his discretion here. I think it will be unfair to blame him for any shortfall you think is in the process.

Hey, this its not a do or die poll, it's all for the fun of it. After all there is nothing at stake. I also think you can make your points and suggestions without being judgmental. chill.  cool
Re: NL Politics Section Contributors Of The Year!!! by puskin: 8:24am On Dec 17, 2009
mMm. . .Do we really want to go down this road again??
Re: NL Politics Section Contributors Of The Year!!! by Afam(m): 8:39am On Dec 17, 2009
OAM4J:

Afam, I think you are over flogging this matter. There is no electoral law or rule in place for this poll. Kosovo has to use his discretion here. I think it will be unfair to blame him for any shortfall you think is in the process.

Hey, this its not a do or die poll, it's all for the fun of it. After all there is nothing at stake. I also think you can make your points and suggestions without being judgmental. chill.  cool

You seem not to understand the issue. He has the right to use his discretion just as Prof Iwu used his but he has no right to tell us that the process was fair because he mistakenly included someone who secured a lesser number of votes in the tie.

You may call it a joke or fun but this is the same attitude that will follow us when serious elections come around and he will also tell you that as far as he is concerned the election was free and fair and in fact remains the best - just as Prof Iwu scored the 2009 over 90% or so.

Also, please stick to the topic as I have not asked you for any advice.

Most of the politicians who loot the public treasury today may have started by stealing pencils in primary schools and I am sure people like you would have told others who complained that they are over reacting because the cost of pencil is small.

On some issues there are no middle grounds. Nigeria is the way it is because of people like you who would effortlessly support any anomaly or illegality as long as it does not affect you directly but would shout to high heavens if it does.

A simple admission or correction would have made sense but no, instead he chose to lock the thread, dismiss valid complaints, ascribe the election the best on the forum and you come here to talk about being judgmental?
Re: NL Politics Section Contributors Of The Year!!! by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 17, 2009
Since the electoral process has been completed and becomerich is the winner.I'll suggest that kosovo should set up an appeal panel where those that lost or disagreed with the election can appeal the outcome afterall,that is the whole essence of democracy "freedom".
Re: NL Politics Section Contributors Of The Year!!! by chosen04(f): 9:06am On Dec 17, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Since the electoral process has been completed and becomerich is the winner.I'll suggest that kosovo should set up an appeal panel where those that lost or disagreed with the election can appeal the outcome afterall,that is the whole essence of democracy "freedom".

SUPPORTED!
Re: NL Politics Section Contributors Of The Year!!! by chosen04(f): 9:12am On Dec 17, 2009
But at the end of the day. The winner of NL politics section's contributor of the year 2009 does not contribute any meaningful information except posting meaningless MAPS.

What an irony!
Re: NL Politics Section Contributors Of The Year!!! by Afam(m): 9:13am On Dec 17, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Exactly why we have politicians who rigged elections staying in office for more than 2 years while the appeal panel and tribunals are still debating the validity or otherwise of the election that brought them to office.

Which is easier to do? Conduct a flawed election (based on irregularities and lies) and wait for years before concluding on appeals or conduct an election based on sound and objective principles?

Time, energy, resources etc that are usually wasted in resolving election disputes would have been more productive if channeled to other areas if the elections were done properly.

I am only interested in having us do things right. We cannot continue to do things wrong and still have the guts to complain about our leaders unless of course we are bloody hypocrites and sycophants.
Re: NL Politics Section Contributors Of The Year!!! by puskin: 9:23am On Dec 17, 2009
Forget the MAPS being meaningless. They just add humour and flavour to the most serious section of NL. Politics.
Re: NL Politics Section Contributors Of The Year!!! by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 17, 2009
@afam
let's wait and see what will happen afterall kosovo has not come out to declare becomerich as the winner.In the larger context,our electoral system is flawed already.Ask yourself,can't we conduct an election that wont end up in the tribunal?.Take the united state electoral system for example,obama's election was conducted on 4th nov,2008 but was not sworn in until 20th january.I think the time frame would have allowed for any electoral dispute that may occur to be resolved.But in Nigeria,yaradua's election was conducted on 14th april and was sworn in 29th may,2007.I am sure that the time frame is too small to conduct a meaningful and successful court case.The way out lies with the legislative and judiciary.There should be a law that all elections must be conducted atleast six months and tribunal/appeal court cases must be concluded before such person is finally sworn-in.By the way,what happened to the electoral act?
Re: NL Politics Section Contributors Of The Year!!! by Afam(m): 10:18am On Dec 17, 2009
~Bluetooth:

@afam
let's wait and see what will happen afterall kosovo has not come out to declare becomerich as the winner.In the larger context,our electoral system is flawed already.Ask yourself,can't we conduct an election that wont end up in the tribunal?.Take the united state electoral system for example,obama's election was conducted on 4th nov,2008 but was not sworn in until 20th january.I think the time frame would have allowed for any electoral dispute that may occur to be resolved.But in Nigeria,yaradua's election was conducted on 14th april and was sworn in 29th may,2007.I am sure that the time frame is too small to conduct a meaningful and successful court case.The way out lies with the legislative and judiciary.There should be a law that all elections must be conducted atleast six months and tribunal/appeal court cases must be concluded before such person is finally sworn-in.By the way,what happened to the electoral act?

Whoever he declares as the winner is not the main issue, the process of selecting the 3 that took part in the run off remains the issue I disagree with because there is no mathematical theory or model in the world that says that 15, 16 & 16 are the same so the issue of saying that there was a tie amongst the top 3 contenders lacks no basis.

I agree with the comments on elections in Nigeria especially the need to resolve all post election issues before swearing anyone into office.

All in all what will work best is complete transparency and honesty which in my opinion are not common with Nigerians as many think that the process doesn't matter as long as the end is ok hence the idea of seeing young people become prostitutes, 419ners, armed robbers and drug pushers knowing fully well that sooner or later everyone will forget how they made the money and instead become their friends and even give them titles.
Re: NL Politics Section Contributors Of The Year!!! by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 17, 2009
There is nothing like option A4 in an election due to its transparency and reliability.When kosovo started this election process,i suggested to him to adopt a system of opening a poll where people can vote for all those nominated afterall fifty candidates contested for the presidential election.Why did he settled for three,is he inec?
Re: NL Politics Section Contributors Of The Year!!! by philip0906(m): 11:07am On Dec 17, 2009
i missed all these, grin grin grin
pls fire on grin grin
Re: NL Politics Section Contributors Of The Year!!! by OAM4J: 4:45pm On Dec 17, 2009
Afam:

You seem not to understand the issue. He has the right to use his discretion just as Prof Iwu used his but he has no right to tell us that the process was fair because he mistakenly included someone who secured a lesser number of votes in the tie.

You may call it a joke or fun but this is the same attitude that will follow us when serious elections come around and he will also tell you that as far as he is concerned the election was free and fair and in fact remains the best - just as Prof Iwu scored the 2009 over 90% or so.

Also, please stick to the topic as I have not asked you for any advice.

Most of the politicians who loot the public treasury today may have started by stealing pencils in primary schools and I am sure people like you would have told others who complained that they are over reacting because the cost of pencil is small.

On some issues there are no middle grounds. Nigeria is the way it is because of people like you who would effortlessly support any anomaly or illegality as long as it does not affect you directly but would shout to high heavens if it does.

A simple admission or correction would have made sense but no, instead he chose to lock the thread, dismiss valid complaints, ascribe the election the best on the forum and you come here to talk about being judgmental?

You must be a Saint and a perfect man Afam, INEC/Nigeria need people like you.  cool The bold is uncalled for, you don't know me.

Sorry, I don't judge actions, I judge motives/intentions. If all your actions are right but with evil intention, for me you failed, but if your actions are wrong but with good intention, I forgive you. I still believe Kosovo has no ill motive including beaf. What has he to gain? Anyway beaf didn't win and the winner got more than 50%, guess removing beaf wouldn't have made any difference to the result.

I still maintain that because there is no rule guiding the conduct of this poll, Kosovo remain at liberty to use his discretion. May be in another election your suggestion/observation will be observed, but for this election, I cant fault him.
Re: NL Politics Section Contributors Of The Year!!! by kosovo(m): 5:07pm On Dec 17, 2009
OAM4J:

You must be a Saint and a perfect man Afam, INEC/Nigeria need people like you.  cool The bold is uncalled for, you don't know me.

Sorry, I don't judge actions, I judge motives/intentions. If all your actions are right but with evil intention, for me you failed, but if your actions are wrong but with good intention, I forgive you. I still believe Kosovo has no ill motive including beaf. What has he to gain? Anyway beaf didn't win and the winner got more than 50%, guess removing beaf wouldn't have made any difference to the result.

I still maintain that because there is no rule guiding the conduct of this poll, Kosovo remain at liberty to use his discretion. May be in another election your suggestion/observation will be observed, but for this election, I cant fault him.

Couldn't agree less!
Re: NL Politics Section Contributors Of The Year!!! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 17, 2009
So being an electoral officer is all about discretion.Why are we blaming morris iwu then?.I pity nigeria
Re: NL Politics Section Contributors Of The Year!!! by OAM4J: 5:42pm On Dec 17, 2009
~Bluetooth:

So being an electoral officer is all about discretion.Why are we blaming morris iwu then?.I pity nigeria

Morris Iwu has Electoral law, he doesn't have to use any discretion. The law is clear for Iwu to follow.

Can you tell me what the Nairaland run-off poll's law state? Guess not, because there is none. Get it?
Re: NL Politics Section Contributors Of The Year!!! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 17, 2009
Yes sir!
Re: NL Politics Section Contributors Of The Year!!! by chosen04(f): 7:58pm On Dec 18, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Yes sir!

OAM4J:

Morris Iwu has Electoral law, he doesn't have to use any discretion. The law is clear for Iwu to follow.

Can you tell me what the Nairaland run-off poll's law state? Guess not, because there is none. Get it?

Obviously, This is not the end. Its the beginning of the end.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Has Ibikunle Amosun Achieved Anything In Ogun State? / Lopsidedness At Kano Customs Training College Admission / Pictures of Abandoned Road Project In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.