Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Prophet Muhammad in the Bible - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Prophet Muhammad in the Bible (22701 Views)

A Chinese Emperor's Poem About Prophet Muhammad (SAW) / Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). / Re: Prophet Muhammad In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Go Down)

Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by kismat: 11:23am On Jan 06, 2006
Personally, I understand why the abulution is performed by muslims though am not a muslim. I grew up around muslims and have muslim relatives. My question was actually to kismat who said that in Islam she can use logic to explain to another person everything done in Islam in a way that it would seem logical to him/her. And ORAKU raised a question earlier about how you can use logic to explain to a none muslim why after taking a bath with soap and spong and srubing yourself clean you cannot just go straight to saying your prayers having but must first perform the abulution as a means of "cleansing" . It doesnt seem logical to normal human reasoning. I know that, but tell that to some members of this forum who are atheist. How can you convience them that that makes you more "cleansed"(inside/out ) by performing the steps of abulution? Infact I can remember a muslim friend telling me that in a case where no water is available, you can use "sand" to perform the abulution!

My point is that you can't always explain things of religion, issues of faith with LOGIC!

The religion of Islam has been made easy to follow and practise. Imagine the difficulty of having to take a shower five times a day? We human beings have to use the toilet etc and such acts invalidate your cleansing. If God gave us options as imply, imagine how many "faiths", sects we humans will be divided into? One sect believes in taking a shower, one in abolution, one in doing both, people lliving along the sea coast decide to make swimming a must before praying etc. So the abultion has been made mandatory because its simple, easy and clear to do. Allah, who knows us better than we do has shown us a generic way of cleaning ourselves before worshipping him.

I hope i've answered your question.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by chrisd(m): 11:29am On Jan 06, 2006
The idea of being clean is nice. I like that.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by kismat: 11:32am On Jan 06, 2006
ok kismat. So your major problem is the word "beget"?Now Ive pulled out my dictionary like you advised earlier.

The concise oxford dictionary of current English. The defination for  BEGET is as follows:

1( Usually of a father, sometimes of a father and mother) pro-create.
2 give rise to; cause

Can you provide us a link to what oxford dictionary you are referring to?
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by chrisd(m): 11:33am On Jan 06, 2006
Seems very logical to me and I am not muslim. I mean, when I go meet my lady or going to a party or somewhere nice, I always take a good bath. We all want to be clean and at best when we go or meet someone important. I feel God deserves better. Correct me if I am wrong.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by chrisd(m): 11:34am On Jan 06, 2006
My point is that you can't always explain things of religion, issues of faith with LOGIC!

Of course you can
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by theORAKU(m): 11:39am On Jan 06, 2006
alheri:

This has always been my point. as simpu as it is.
Thank you, alheri
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by chrisd(m): 11:43am On Jan 06, 2006
God's claims are rationally defensible – not provable, perhaps, but certainly explainable and not disprovable. (I Peter 3:15, "always be ready to explain your faith..."wink. That's only my thinking.

a. Be intellectually responsible; understand your faith to a level proportional to your general education.
b. Know how to answer objections. I don't mean rattle off "answers" from a memorized list. I mean take the objections seriously, think about them, deal with them honestly.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by alheri(f): 11:43am On Jan 06, 2006
kismat:

The religion of Islam has been made easy to follow and practise. Imagine the difficulty of having to take a shower five times a day? We human beings have to use the toilet etc and such acts invalidate your cleansing. If God gave us options as imply, imagine how many "faiths", sects we humans will be divided into? One sect believes in taking a shower, one in abolution, one in doing both, people lliving along the sea coast decide to make swimming a must before praying etc. So the abultion has been made mandatory because its simple, easy and clear to do. Allah, who knows us better than we do has shown us a generic way of cleaning ourselves before worshipping him.

I hope i've answered your question.

No you havent answered my question. Am not talking about having a bath 5 times in a day. What am saying is try explaining why one has to perform an abulution after he/she just had a bath a minute ago before praying ? And what have you to say about the issue of using "sand" when no water is available. How clean is that?

kismat:

Can you provide us a link to what oxford dictionary you are referring to?

Why? Do you think i would make up something like that?
Ive got no link for that, but Ive got my dictionary here with me. You can try locating the link yourself, its the concise oxford dictionary of current english. What does your own dictionary say? I'd like to see.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by chrisd(m): 11:46am On Jan 06, 2006
Using sand is much cleaner than you think. It solved a lot of problems if you cannot bath in the desert.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by alheri(f): 11:49am On Jan 06, 2006
theORAKU:

This has always been my point. as simpu as it is.
Thank you, alheri

Youre welcomed ORAKU.

chrisd:

God's claims are rationally defensible – not provable, perhaps, but certainly explainable and not disprovable. (I Peter 3:15, "always be ready to explain your faith..."wink. That's only my thinking.

a. Be intellectually responsible; understand your faith to a level proportional to your general education.

b. Know how to answer objections. I don't mean rattle off "answers" from a memorized list. I mean take the objections seriously, think about them, deal with them honestly.

True chrisd, I was almost convinced by my sister kismat that the Prophet Mohammed was indeed in the Bible!

chrisd:

Using sand is much cleaner than you think. It solved a lot of problems if you cannot bath in the desert.

I would really love to hear you explain that to me chrisd.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by chrisd(m): 12:08pm On Jan 06, 2006
Sand Bath is very effective for perspiration due to the weight of sand Its effectiveness. It is understood that sand bathing increases the body temperature with high rate of heart impact. Increasing blood circulation refleshes your body by discharging wastes and observing oxygen sufficiently into your body. Sand bathing has 3 to 4 times more effects compared to usual hot springs. Also sand bathing removes parasites and dirt. This type of cleaning is used by animals and birds too to clean themselves when water is not available. Poeple also take snow baths even though it is not wet, else you get sick.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Logical(m): 12:13pm On Jan 06, 2006
@chrisd

Thanks for the explanation on sand. I don't blame their way of debating without research. cheesy

@ Alheri,

Can you define Logic please?

When I say it is a "spiritual cleansining process" in preparation for "religious act".

its preety simple to understand from a logical approach I suppose?

Ok maybe I should give a day to day example. you clean your shoes with polish to look fine. Now on your way to maybe school. Dust covers the shoe, but polish is not available, you can use a rag to clean it, to keep the shoe in that state of looking fine.

lets assume the polish is water in ablution and the sand is "duster" or "rag". And bathing process is applying oil.

Applying the analogy of using something else not rag or duster or even polish, something else like oil which goes in maybe ensuring the shoe looks sortof clean, but doesnt really achieve the actual state of what shinning the shoe is achieved with. Would you approve oil rather because the shoe looks shiny? No, so is bathe. You need to use polish or a "duster". you need to undergo the spiritual process of attaining a spiritual stage.

Islamic teachings defines factors that can "nullify" it, such as defication, urination etc, and also defines what brings you to the state of that certain mode of spiritual readiness.

Islamic teachings tells you alternatives if that water is not present. So is the existence of duster, but not oil which is bathing.

Dust dirties the shoes based on nature , so is defined factors that "nullifies" ablution.

Very Logical I suppose wink. You didnt see it coming cheesy
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by kismat: 1:20pm On Jan 06, 2006
@alheri

The word beget according to the following online dictionary is:

1 : to procreate as the father : SIRE
2 : to produce especially as an effect or outgrowth

source: http://www.m-w.com/

Oxford dictionary states:

beget
/biget/

• verb (begetting; past begot; past part. begotten) archaic or literary 1 produce (a child). 2 cause.
source: http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/beget?view=uk

I dont now what you are trying to point out (abolution using sand). thats just an alternative in cases where water isnt available or when someone cant perform abolution using water (e.g cold day/night when the water is cold and can make one die from hypothermia). See how islam is reasonable and simple?

I think you ought to spend more time reading about Islam and understanding it. Such questioning can either be good (if asked with the right intention of wanting to learning) or a way of showing us your ignorance (point out a mistake on a matter which you havent researched on properly or cant fully understand).

During Good friday (i honestly dont know what good there is to celebrate the death of a messiah), some christians cruxify themselves trying to simulate the pain Jesus might have suffered from. What does your religion say about such matter and whats your explaination?
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by alheri(f): 1:52pm On Jan 06, 2006
@ kismat
Thank you for your links, but I still found nowhere in those links where it is said that "to beget" must involve sex or intercourse!
I went further to click on SIRE and this was what i found:

1A Father B archaic:male ancestor:forefather C Author, originator.

And for procreate, it read:

to beget or bring forth child!

ALL these I agree with cause these definations have said nothing about sex/intercourse as youve been implying. They all refer to the " Father" said of parenthood.

About the christians who crucify themselves on good friday(am hearing that for the first time though). But I choose(believe) take your word on that. I dont do that,I dont have to do that cause The Christ has already made that sacrifice for me. Why they do that? I dont know? Why not ask them? My explanation? They are sick,mislead, confused and need deliverance.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by alheri(f): 2:15pm On Jan 06, 2006
@chrisd,thanks for the info on sand bath. But it still doesnt explain to me why that makes me "more cleansed" than after Ive had a good bath with water, soap and sponge!
@logical, honestly youve done a thorough job in your explanation. You almost got me lost with the polish, oil and rag story. Like you said, I didnt see it coming cheesy. But you see, when you talk of abulution, you say its a cleansing form inside out. Apart from that, I know you have to clean out your mouth and genitals when you do this cleansing. Are you telling me that using sand to clean out your mouth and genitals is "reasonable and simple"(according to kismat) and spiritual and gets you cleansed enough to go into the presence of Allah? How does the water/sand cleanse you on the inside?
@kismat, you dont have to call me ignorant cause am bringing up issues for discussion. It was you who actually deviated from the topic and you still having given me anything that carries weight. You find a way of jumping to another issue when you hit a wall! I wont call you ignorant, infact I'll keep my opinion of you to myself for now.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by chrisd(m): 3:10pm On Jan 06, 2006
good bath with water, soap and sponge is good wink
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by kismat: 3:43pm On Jan 06, 2006
@ kismat
Thank you for your links, but I still found nowhere in those links where it is said that "to beget" must involve sex or intercourse!
I went further to click on SIRE and this was what i found:

1A Father B archaic:male ancestor:forefather C Author, originator.

And for procreate, it read:

to beget or bring forth child!

ALL these I agree with cause these definations have said nothing about sex/intercourse as youve been implying. They all refer to the " Father" said of parenthood.

About the christians who crucify themselves on good friday(am hearing that for the first time though). But I choose(believe) take your word on that. I don't do that,I don't have to do that cause The Christ has already made that sacrifice for me. Why they do that? I don't know? Why not ask them? My explanation? They are sick,mislead, confused and need deliverance.

Allow me to put the whole meaning of sire:

1 a : FATHER b archaic : male ancestor : FOREFATHER c : AUTHOR, ORIGINATOR
2 a archaic : a man of rank or authority; especially : LORD -- used formerly as a form of address and as a title b obsolete : an elderly man : SENIOR
3 : the male parent of an animal and especially of a domestic animal

Read the three meanings and you'll understand the word sire/beget and who it might be used for. Beggetting is an animal act. If God beget, then he created something like him which is totally and absolutely beyond explaination. How could the uncreated create another uncreated? God never eats, sleeps, drinks water, cry, shit, get circumcised and stops existing (dies). These were all done by Jesus which only shows how human he was like us. But its hard for christians to use their common sense when it comes to religion. If you do, by God grace you'll see how the whole religion is like a swiss cheese. Full of holes.

How do we humans procreate? Please ask a linguist what the word stands for. Stop looking for one word (father) which fits your belief and respond empirically. Understand the meaning of it. Can you call a two week old born child "father"? You cant use the word beget to God. Its shameful, blasphemous and something that doesnt befit HIM.

Unfortunately the concept of a perfect God doesnt exist or isnt tolerated in Christianity. You are told to leave logic/common sense at the door and enter into the world of faith. Makes you wonder why God gave us logic for? To be used on everything except him?

You believe that Jesus died for your sins etc (the core of christianity; salvation) right? Please respond to the topic "original Sin" https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-4642.0.html

I've answered your questions but your heart is dark and doesnt want to. So lets move on to something else please. thank you.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by chrisd(m): 4:01pm On Jan 06, 2006
Unfortunately the concept of a perfect God doesnt exist or isnt tolerated in Christianity. You are told to leave logic/common sense at the door and enter into the world of faith. Makes you wonder why God gave us logic for? To be used on everything except him?

Yes it is true that there are christian churches that tell to leave logic/common sense at the door and enter into the world of faith.
Never liked that and I think it's all bunk. I have rejected churches like that.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by chrisd(m): 4:02pm On Jan 06, 2006
I think I get closer to muslims even though I am a christian on that point. Some christians are just brain-washed in church.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Logical(m): 4:07pm On Jan 06, 2006
@Alheri

you said
Apart from that, I know you have to clean out your mouth and genitals when you do this cleansing. Are you telling me that using sand to clean out your mouth and genitals is "reasonable and simple"(according to kismat) and spiritual and gets you cleansed enough to go into the presence of Allah? How does the water/sand cleanse you on the inside?

sand to clean the mouth and genitals?

Did you do your research on how ablution with sand is performed? Do you know it is different in regards to some steps when it comes to water?

Are you are muslim? If not , why the curiousity in that relation? Do you have something in mind, that you would like to share? If your intention was mockery? Pardon me ! Why?

I am confused here please I can only have intellectual discussion with people who have their facts based on knowledge aquired through reading and their stance towards that knowledge. Besides that , I am not in the mood of going round and round a circle leading to nothing. Please let us know Alheri, what your intention is. Thank you.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by alheri(f): 4:14pm On Jan 06, 2006
kismat:

Allow me to put the whole meaning of sire:

1 a : FATHER b archaic : male ancestor : FOREFATHER c : AUTHOR, ORIGINATOR
2 a archaic : a man of rank or authority; especially : LORD -- used formerly as a form of address and as a title b obsolete : an elderly man : SENIOR
3 : the male parent of an animal and especially of a domestic animal

Read the three meanings and you'll understand the word sire/beget and who it might be used for. Beggetting is an animal act. If God beget, then he created something like him which is totally and absolutely beyond explaination. How could the uncreated create another uncreated? God never eats, sleeps, drinks water, cry, rubbish, get circumcised and stops existing (dies). These were all done by Jesus which only shows how human he was like us. But its hard for christians to use their common sense when it comes to religion. If you do, by God grace you'll see how the whole religion is like a swiss cheese. Full of holes.

How do we humans procreate? Please ask a linguist what the word stands for. Stop looking for one word (father) which fits your belief and respond empirically. Understand the meaning of it. Can you call a two week old born child "father"? You can't use the word beget to God. Its shameful, blasphemous and something that doesnt befit HIM.

You believe that Jesus died for your sins etc (the core of christianity; salvation) right? Please respond to the topic "original Sin" https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-4642.0.html

I've answered your questions but your heart is dark and doesnt want to. So lets move on to something else please. thank you.

Whats getting you all worked up? I don't relate to your point of view so that makes my heart dark? Youve gone too far and I wont take insults from you. You want to move on to something else? feel free. I'm not responding to your topic cause its plain youre nothing but a malicious freak. Since Ive blasphamed, why not take up your sword and kill me?!

God is perfect! But you are not in a position to determine what is perfect to God. Swiss cheese? Suits me just fine, its been over 2000 years and that tells me something!  And NO, youre definately not welcomed
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by alheri(f): 4:23pm On Jan 06, 2006
well logical, what can I say? My question was initially to kismat and you chose to answer. I am not in the business of mocking what people believe in, dont get me wrong. One of your muslim brothers raised the question earlier. HE gets my point and why I brought it up. As to my intensions,read up from where I asked the question you should be able to decipher that. Am outta here for now!
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by chrisd(m): 4:35pm On Jan 06, 2006
I see a lot of prejudice coming up
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by Logical(m): 5:58pm On Jan 06, 2006
alheri:

One of your muslim brothers raised the question earlier. HE gets my point and why I brought it up.

Well he did and he was answered, and for you to emphasise on it, grants me the freedom to answer it thereafter. I dont intend to judge you , I want to hear it from your written words, exactly what your intention was. Just an advice for future conversations, do you research first wink.

well @chrisd, you are very right, she is even confused of what she is even talking about.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by alheri(f): 11:06am On Jan 07, 2006
Logical:

Well he did and he was answered, and for you to emphasise on it, grants me the freedom to answer it thereafter. I don't intend to judge you , I want to hear it from your written words, exactly what your intention was. Just an advice for future conversations, do you research first wink.

well @chrisd, you are very right, she is even confused of what she is even talking about.

Whether Ive researched or not doesnt mean I cant still have questions to ask. Like I said earlier I asked a particular person the question and my purpose(best known to me) has been achieved and I really dont feel obliged to tell you my intentions.

I havent seen anywhere chrisd implied I was confused on this thread so far. If you want to insinuate that am confused just say so and dont bring chrisd into this. And just so you know, I aint confused 1 bit!
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by chrisd(m): 10:34am On Jan 09, 2006
Yep. leave me out. Wish you a nice day everyone
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by theORAKU(m): 11:34am On Jan 12, 2006
just wanted to thank you all for your contribution to this topic.

i believe GOD knows better than we all do and so he knows who is worshippin in the way it should be.

As for our intellectual differences, its just another miracle from GOD.

I beg us all to please end this thread as it aint get productive anymore.

Thanks.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by wharris(m): 7:36pm On Feb 06, 2006
Q: "Who or what is the Holy Spirit? I've seen this name/phrase on your site in a few places."

our A: The Holy Spirit is a real person who came to reside within Jesus Christ's true followers after Jesus rose from the dead and ascended to heaven (Acts 2). Jesus told His apostles...

"I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not behold Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you, and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." (John 14:16-18)
The Holy Spirit is not a vague, ethereal shadow, nor an impersonal force. He is a person equal in every way with God the Father and God the Son. He is considered to be the third member of the Godhead. Jesus said to His apostles...
"All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matt. 28:18-20)
God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. And all the divine attributes ascribed to the Father and the Son are equally ascribed to the Holy Spirit. When a person becomes born again by believing and receiving Jesus Christ (John 1:12-13; John 3:3-21), God resides in that person through the Holy Spirit (1Cor. 3:16). The Holy Spirit has intellect (1Cor. 2:11), emotion (Rom. 15:30), and will (1Cor. 12:11).
A primary role of the Holy Spirit is that He bears "witness" of Jesus Christ (John 15:26, 16:14). He tells people's hearts about the truth of Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit also acts as a Christian's teacher (1Cor. 2:9-14). He reveals God's will and God's truth to a Christian. Jesus told His disciples...

"The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you." (John 14:26)
"When He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come." (John 16:13)

The Holy Spirit was given to live inside those who believe in Jesus, in order to produce God's character in the life of a believer. In a way that we cannot do on our own, the Holy Spirit will build into our lives love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Gal. 5:22-23). Rather than trying to be loving, patient, kind, God asks us to rely on Him to produce these qualities in our lives. Thus Christians are told to walk in the Spirit (Gal. 5:25) and be filled with the Spirit (Eph. 5:18). And the Holy Spirit empowers Christians to perform ministerial duties that promote spiritual growth among Christians (Rom. 12; 1Cor. 12; Eph. 4).
The Holy Spirit also performs a function for non-Christians as well. He convicts people's hearts of God's truth concerning how sinful we are -- needing God's forgiveness; how righteous Jesus is -- He died in our place, for our sins; and God's eventual judgment of the world and those who do not know Him (John 16:8-11). The Holy Spirit tugs on our hearts and minds, asking us to repent and turn to God for forgiveness and a new life.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by diva: 11:47pm On Feb 13, 2006
Whats all the fuss! Isreal is the chosen holy land. Why have people taken parts out the bible to make their own. The old testament is the old convenant of order. Religion is trying to get right with God but when we put our faith in Christ we are put right with God since Adam or the first man! sin entered into the world!!one was predicticted to come where no sin was found in him as in!( he did not defile himself sexually) with a woman although God created every thing!! in the new convenant which begins with Christ and the last days and all the crises associated with human relations can you blame Jesus for being a so called bachelor single! Praise the Lord for all his wisdom. Jesus respected the Women he placed no strongholds on the Women or condemnation. The Bible! writen by men of God Borne along by the spirit!!!. How can one say they belive Jesus was a prophet and is coming again! but denies the Christ as Lord that is the Anti-Christ said to come in the last days. Jesus was the sacrificial lamb of God the old order was to slaughter the Lamb as a sin offering!!that was the olden days God is modern Hes more retro and ahead of us. Because God knows that man is destined to fall and fail in the flesh towards him God Got Fed up with the stench of sin and sin offerings in the end he sent his only son as he was the only man worthy and obidient to carry out his mission. you see its like this yo all for example if Jesus was about religion he came to expose the hipocrisy of the religious leaders of that day!sound familiar!! was getting to much attention and followers that leaders and kings got jelous and wanted him dead!! but for some-one sent from God he knew his fate and his suffering he was the one mentioned by isaiah the one they cruelly treated.For someone to call himself a king coming from the ghetto!! people mocked him because a king is associated with the riches of the world which the Bible states is decaying Hellloooo. So Basically its now opportunity for all know with God not just for the rich but for the poor not just for the strong but for the weak not just for the believers but for the unbelieving!and  for all who accept the truth about Jesus. Jesus spoke in parabells even the non-logic minded understood as well as the other clever professionals who followed him. After he spoke his friends asked him why do we understand your meanings and others don't Jesus said the secrets of the kingdom of heaven have been revealed to you.And that goes for any-one who opens their eyes,heart and mind to the Gospel to this day. Jesus ate with the Jews and the gentiles as in you and me i consider myself the adopted people of God written in the Bible he was a man who identified with every form of humanity thats why he had to take the hate and bullying the persecution and the rest so that we could aspire to his strength, like he said "if the world hates you remember it hated me first but as i have also overcome the world you can to"Whatever the translation i understand the king james as not being my first language but a language at a time where the Bible was first introduced to England the same spirit speaketh throughout the times The Bible is supernatural and inexhaustiable in all its text and reading called spiritual food.The Gospel now reveals that our warfare is not with the flesh but with the principalities of the universe meaning there is a spirituall battle going on in the realms we cant see but that the devil is like a roaring lion on the planet seeking to devour you. These are the last days everything in revalation and what Jesus said is and has come to past so what is all the fuss about religion when we are living a virtual nightmare.Money is a God to people and although God wants us to be fruitful and productive he does not want us to love money where the root of all evil is!Look at the state of the world because of greed and envy Look at the Bible the picture is clear less you have scales on your eyes! eg Jesus healed the blind unstopped the ears of the deaf melted hearts of stone. God Loves the man but hates the sin.People Moked Jesus because they questioned his kingdom he said his kingdom is not of this world he was talking about heaven and he preapared the way if you dared to believe.so if you want to believe that a holy war is a way to get to paradise people have a right to belive that the way to the father is through the son.Why did people diss Jesus! because Jesus knew the way back to his father, on the Cross he cried to the Father "father why thou art Forsaken me "in other words he doubted God when he felt perplexed and who wouldnt feel fear! close to death which he later conquerd!! Question any man or woman at any time of distress and troubles in life have they never doubted if there is a God when things go wrong ok some of you then! realistically he put himself in our shoes that through his suffering we have access back to a God we the lost sheep of the world!so that we are pardoned through Christ who died on the cross and suffered for us. Satan is a defeated foe but according to the Bible has schemed right from adam to turn man away from obiedience to God "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak" ever felt like like your trying to please God !but can't help yourself with habitual habits of the flesh come on no1 is more Holy than thou himself. The God i see through Jesus is the one that is searching the hearts and minds of men its not about how to please as far as i know it starts through knowing Jesus and his commision not here to argue about his facial features or to make athiest into belivers said kanye west. God is Love and merciful and forgiving there is no eternal fire for those who Love jesus is that fair enough! i wont diss the man who belives in his God if he aint going there about my God. Besides God can manage his own battles have we not got betta things to deal with like getting on with life which in this world is short. Im sure heaven is a beautifull place where everyone is at love and peace kind and sharing a place that no-one is the same but accepted. Shouldnt we prepare for that place rather than intelectually argue about Bible verses the q'uaran or people so poofed up with pride because they hav aquired so much HEAD KNOWLEDGE that makes them right and comparing prophets stop talking and put into practice the commands taught through the Holy books!ever heard that a still tongue keeps a wise head! talk about wisdom! well i hope that shut u up. love and peace and Glory to Hossanah.
The Gospel sed "god gives grace to the humble but resist the proud" can we humble or is it always a fight with some about Jesus the name above all other names and a well re-known one al have you know! sooooo famous for his greatness but we Christians are supposed to eat humble pie while we get insulted naah don't fink so, we give it to God in prayer because he told us that avengence is his! call it correction! so whats with all the bad treatment with my bro'sand sistas because they choose to love Jesus as their Lord and if they suffer and get harmed for their faith are they not the true Mayrters of a big faith where they are a persecuted lot can we practise our faith of Love and kindness and preach the Gospel as a command from our God without being hated or killed(which the world dont want you to know about!) that can only be the devils work God is a life giver all you haters.
For the record Jesus had to be born of the spirt through a virgin which was a symbol of purity no sin carried into his blood-line after Adam!!The root of Jessie Davids decendant.No_way am i excluded out of Gods plan ive got a reason and a purpose in life that which i testify he giveth i say this because of the insult of others who feel superior to me because of the God of my choice and calling.  wink
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by GL(f): 12:27am On Feb 15, 2006
NO, Muhammed isn't mentioned in the Bible. Why? the bible was written years before Muhammed was born.

BTW, the Comforter Jesus said He would send is the Holy Ghost, who came down on the day of Pentecost. see Acts 3. Muhammed was definitely not born then.

I notice some ppl are trying to make it look like Muhammed was good so the bible should have acknowledged him. However, that is where Christianity is different. The truth is, Christianity excludes all other religions.

Jesus made some very bold claims, "I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life, NO ONE cometh to the Father EXCEPT by ME." (emphasis mine)

This is to say that Jesus didn't regard anyone who didn't acknowledge Him as the Son of God - and God- as from God.

The bible goes further to say in 1 John 2:22-23 -

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by ono(m): 6:13pm On Feb 15, 2006
Now GL, that should[b] put paid to all the other entries[/b].
Re: Prophet Muhammad in the Bible by 9ijaMan: 5:32pm On Mar 01, 2006
alheri:

Whether Ive researched or not doesnt mean I can't still have questions to ask. Like I said earlier I asked a particular person the question and my purpose(best known to me) has been achieved and I really don't feel obliged to tell you my intentions.

I havent seen anywhere chrisd implied I was confused on this thread so far. If you want to insinuate that am confused just say so and don't bring chrisd into this. And just so you know, I aint confused 1 bit!
@Alheri

Muslims don't use sand to wash their mouth and Genitals.
Using sand is a last resort when u cannot find clean water for ablution.

On why u need to perform ablution after taking ur bath:
Besides the fact that Ablution is a basic requirement for entering into Salat (prayer for the Muslims), there are also a number of ways ones ablution can become vitiated.
One of such ways is having your hands in contact with your genitals.
You sure would agree with me that u cannot take a complete and proper bath without touching ur genitals hence it follows logically that you will have to get yourself prepared again for Salat. Therefore another ablution is required after taking your bath.
Just as Kismat and Logical have mentioned earlier, Islam is quite simple to understand as you only need an open mind to learn.
Please feel free to ask questions which you may require explanations to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17)

Muslims Fight To Defend Their Prophet And Christians Dont? / Return Of Prophet Isa (jesus) Peace Be Upon Him / 10 Things Good Husbands Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.