Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,402 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) (47977 Views)

ASUU: Our Public Universities Are Still Unsafe For Reopening / Diamond Bank ICT Center Donated To Covenant University (Photos) / How Federal Universities Are Covering Up Corruption And Sexual Harassment-SERAP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Ugosample(m): 9:09am On Feb 23, 2017
No need for all these dick measuring contest.....
Covenant has done verry very well, and they are ranked amongst the best 10 unis in Nigeria which is no fluke.
.But comparing with federal uni tho...... I don't know much about that .

We have to give honor to whom it is due, Covenant don try.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by ilynem(m): 9:09am On Feb 23, 2017
LagosismyHome:
Lol...CU better than UI , Ife ....in what land reality or dreamland
In reality CU is a glorified secondary school who charges high tuition hence can afford some element of what a growing or up and coming university should be ...
Stupid argument. The others are federal unis and should actually be better. Do you think the peanuts u pay in ur fed institution is what runs the school? No. Look at federal schools abroad and you will see they can't be compared with their private counter parts. They are way better because they are run with government resources which should be 100 times more than the resources of covenant.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by SonOfEl(m): 9:09am On Feb 23, 2017
TheVictorious:

At the bolded, okay I don hear you. The same fallacious and logically deficient thinking pattern I hammered on in the post! Why didn't you simply attack the point with verifiable claims. Performance of institutions isn't based on the assumptions of our minds!

Talking about comparison of research output; did you read the post at all?? or you just feel like displaying your ignorance.

Whatever the OP posted was simply a LONG but SHALLOW info with the intent of self masturbπtion and glorification.

Public Unis have been here and even gone farther....I won't dignify this shallow compilation with e.g UI's long history of quality research come rain come shine...it has always been rainy for these public uni yet they manage to PRODUCE some of the worlds best alumni and also, some of the most cited researches in academia.

You are just like the op's compilation - long but shallow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 9:09am On Feb 23, 2017
patani:
You guys better grow up.. no one knows university u graduated from on you way up the corporate ladder

It matters in some spheres. Although I agree that a good student is a good student no matter his school but that does not take the place of good university environment or standard. There are many Harvard students that many Nigerian students are better that but may never get the opportunity to prove that they are better. Because of the standard of the academic environment they were trained in. Academic environment can either limit or enhance what one can do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by LarryBeryl(m): 9:10am On Feb 23, 2017
eph12:

cc larryberyl

No comma No full stop is difficult to read
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by famosh: 9:10am On Feb 23, 2017
In what 2017 ranking did Covenant come before UI?
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 9:11am On Feb 23, 2017
Statsocial:

And u are not thinking like a child? If you r talking about CU don't even talk about rejects of Public unis. For most folks who studied in CU and Babcock if those schools didn't exist they would have schooled in far better unis in US or Uk.

True I agree with this point. Speaking from experience!
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by keyanZuzer: 9:11am On Feb 23, 2017
Life don spoil O. You mentioned bez as a notable alumni. These are notable alumni from ui
John Omoniyi Abiri
Sadique Abubakar, Chief of Air Staff
Chinua Achebe, author of Things Fall Apart[8][9]
Adiele Afigbo, Nigerian historian, the first person to receive a doctoral degree in History from a Nigerian university
Jacob Ade Ajayi
Claude Ake, Professor of Political Economy, international scholar and social crusader
Stephen Adebanji Akintoye[10]
Grace Alele-Williams[11]
Elechi Amadi[8][9]
Alexander Animalu, BSc (1962, Mathematics), PhD (1965, Mathematics); Emeritus Professor of Theoretical Physics; Nigerian National Order of Merit Winner (2000); Director General, National Mathematical Centre, Abuja (1999–2001); President, Nigerian Academy of Science (2001–02); Researcher, Cavendish Laboratory, University of Cambridge (1962–65); Research Scientist, MIT Lincoln Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA (1972–76); Research Associate, Stanford University, USA (1966–67)
Emeka Anyaoku, former Commonwealth Secretary-General[12]
Kayode Are, former National Security Adviser and former Director General of the State Security Service
Ladipo Ayodeji Banjo
Senator Robert Ajayi Boroffice
J. P. Clark[8][9][13]
Segun Toyin Dawodu, MD, JD, MBA, LL.M, MS, a physician, attorney, academic, and entrepreneur who established the first website[14] on socio-political issues of Nigeria.
Kayode Fayemi, former Governor of Ekiti State, Min of Solid Minerals
Chukwuemeka Ike, writer
Amadi Ikwechegh[15]
Abiola Irele[16]
William Kumuyi, founder and General Superintendent of Deeper Christian Life Ministry[17][18]
Eddie Mbadiwe, Member of the House of Representative
Epaphras Denga Ndaitwah[19]
Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani[20][21]
Femi Osofisan, writer
Christopher Okigbo[8][9][22]
Isidore Okpewho
Olufunmilayo Olopade[23][24]
Akinyinka Omigbodun[25]
Michael Omolewa, former President of UNESCO General Conference and Ambassador of Nigeria to UNESCO[26]
Kole Omotosho[27]
Gamaliel Onosode[28]
Niyi Osundare[20]
Ken Saro-Wiwa[29][30]
Wole Soyinka, winner of the 1986 Nobel Prize in Literature[8][9]
Martin I. Uhomoibhi[31]
Farida Mzamber Waziri[32]

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by LarryBeryl(m): 9:12am On Feb 23, 2017
Ugosample:
No need for all these dick measuring contest.....
Covenant has done verry very well, and they are ranked amongst the best 10 unis in Nigeria which is no fluke.
.But comparing with federal uni tho...... I don't know much about that .

We have to give honor to whom it is due, Covenant don try.

You are right, he ranked CU above all Federal Uni. That's what is false.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by ilynem(m): 9:12am On Feb 23, 2017
Handsomecole:
@ OP I didn't bother reading your all your epistle . I only have one question for you.

How much is your school fees as compared to how much your federal University counterparts pay??

The answer will put to rest all these you have put up, you don't have to struggle or kill yourself with researching just to proove that your school is better than OAU and other Universities.

With all you have written even your "headmaster" am sorry I mean VC knows that your lesson or university as you call it can never stand OAU Great IFE in anything I mean anything. Even as it stand we have "whites" flocking down to OAU as students and even as lecturers. So don't kill yasef. What is Great is already Great!!

And you are the same person that will come and complain that CU fees are too high. A school run by a church and one run by the federal government, which should be better? When you answer that question, get back to me.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by dman4mdmoon(m): 9:12am On Feb 23, 2017
eph12:

So you're saying CU is better because they charge huge fees?

No! I am saying I do not expect them not to give value for money.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 9:13am On Feb 23, 2017
LagosismyHome:
Lol...CU better than UI , Ife ....in what land reality or dreamland
In reality CU is a glorified secondary school who charges high tuition hence can afford some element of what a growing or up and coming university should be ...

Kindly read the points and refute them with verifiable claim. Don't shy away; the world is observing your ignorance!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by arejibadz(m): 9:13am On Feb 23, 2017
walex2:
Good job but let me enlight you a bit.
Do you know that 80 percent of CU professors and academicians are from federal universities.

2 Do you know that the regulatory bodies like NUC top professors are from public uni?

3 Do you know that CU overall best graduated student can't not match some 2.2 student in OAU and UI

4 Do you know that most courses in Private universities were not accredited by NUC

5 Do you know some professional bodies in Nigeria like ICAN does not accept exceptions from most Accounting graduate from private Universities.
Lastly do you know that most graduate from private uni can't match there colleagues from fed uni in labour market

6 Do you also know that 85 percent of students from private uni do graduate with 2.1 whether they are academically sufficient or not, as 2.2 is considered to be a failure.
ah swear your head is deir joor....your paying close to a million and you expect dat your academic performance am sure dat day even dash dem free gp sef
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 23, 2017
The reason why CU graduates more first class is because the enrollment criteria is only based on Merit while public universities are based on Merit, Catchment and educationally disadvantaged areas

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by SonOfEl(m): 9:15am On Feb 23, 2017
eph12:

At bolded that's the problem. Nobody cares what kind of graduates they're churning out but it's to shout 2000 professors in my faculty up and down. Doesn't make sense at all.

Which is better to you? Practical based or theory based mode of learning?

Yet it still from these unis that you lobby for "2000 professors" to lecture in your beloved CU.....SMH

I should be asking you the question. The theory and practical training are there in the public uni, its just that the funding for consistence are inadequate. Yet they still manage to produce graduates who can compete ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, ANYDAY....not your "daddy-mommy" school.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Duru009(m): 9:16am On Feb 23, 2017
Federal university is still the best... .

One of my friend with just a Bsc holder, is heading a department in one of the private university. You can't try that in a federal university ...........

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by eph12(m): 9:17am On Feb 23, 2017
LarryBeryl:

No comma No full stop is difficult to read
grin
I understand that you don't know how to defend the so called top universities anymore.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by SonOfEl(m): 9:19am On Feb 23, 2017
keyanZuzer:
Life don spoil O. You mentioned bez as a notable alumni. These are notable alumni from ui
John Omoniyi Abiri
Sadique Abubakar, Chief of Air Staff
Chinua Achebe, author of Things Fall Apart[8][9]
Adiele Afigbo, Nigerian historian, the first person to receive a doctoral degree in History from a Nigerian university
Jacob Ade Ajayi
Claude Ake, Professor of Political Economy, international scholar and social crusader
Stephen Adebanji Akintoye[10]
Grace Alele-Williams[11]
Elechi Amadi[8][9]
Alexander Animalu, BSc (1962, Mathematics), PhD (1965, Mathematics); Emeritus Professor of Theoretical Physics; Nigerian National Order of Merit Winner (2000); Director General, National Mathematical Centre, Abuja (1999–2001); President, Nigerian Academy of Science (2001–02); Researcher, Cavendish Laboratory, University of Cambridge (1962–65); Research Scientist, MIT Lincoln Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA (1972–76); Research Associate, Stanford University, USA (1966–67)
Emeka Anyaoku, former Commonwealth Secretary-General[12]
Kayode Are, former National Security Adviser and former Director General of the State Security Service
Ladipo Ayodeji Banjo
Senator Robert Ajayi Boroffice
J. P. Clark[8][9][13]
Segun Toyin Dawodu, MD, JD, MBA, LL.M, MS, a physician, attorney, academic, and entrepreneur who established the first website[14] on socio-political issues of Nigeria.
Kayode Fayemi, former Governor of Ekiti State, Min of Solid Minerals
Chukwuemeka Ike, writer
Amadi Ikwechegh[15]
Abiola Irele[16]
William Kumuyi, founder and General Superintendent of Deeper Christian Life Ministry[17][18]
Eddie Mbadiwe, Member of the House of Representative
Epaphras Denga Ndaitwah[19]
Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani[20][21]
Femi Osofisan, writer
Christopher Okigbo[8][9][22]
Isidore Okpewho
Olufunmilayo Olopade[23][24]
Akinyinka Omigbodun[25]
Michael Omolewa, former President of UNESCO General Conference and Ambassador of Nigeria to UNESCO[26]
Kole Omotosho[27]
Gamaliel Onosode[28]
Niyi Osundare[20]
Ken Saro-Wiwa[29][30]
Wole Soyinka, winner of the 1986 Nobel Prize in Literature[8][9]
Martin I. Uhomoibhi[31]
Farida Mzamber Waziri[32]

Pls don't play into their game, they want to rub shoulders BY FORCE. just because a child dines with an adult does not make him an adult. Simple.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by micxwell(m): 9:19am On Feb 23, 2017
ilynem:

Stupid argument. The others are federal unis and should actually be better. Do you think the peanuts u pay in ur fed institution is what runs the school? No. Look at federal schools abroad and you will see they can't be compared with their private counter parts. They are way better because they are run with government resources which should be 100 times more than the resources of covenant.
Thank God you agree. Under normal circumstances CU won't be in the game; but with the situation of things in the last five years up till today hmmm" CU has tried and still trying.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by SonOfEl(m): 9:22am On Feb 23, 2017
eph12:

grin
I understand that you don't know how to defend the so called top universities anymore.

Stop cherry picking. No true alumnus from the public uni would stoop to measure dicks with you or your CU.

A child who dines with an adult DOES NOT make the child an adult.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by eph12(m): 9:22am On Feb 23, 2017
SonOfEl:

Yet it still from these unis that you lobby for "2000 professors" to lecture in your beloved CU.....SMH

I should be asking you the question. The theory and practical training are there in the public uni, its just that the funding for consistence are inadequate. Yet they still manage to produce graduates who can compete ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, ANYDAY....not your "daddy-mommy" school.
As someone that finished from a top federal university I can boldly say practicals carried out there are the basic secondary school types. If funding is the problem that's a topic for another day. But at least you realise there is a problem which CU don't have.

Yes lecturers are sourced from everywhere including federal universities and they give their best more in the private university. Is this not an indication that the federal universities have a bad system?

5 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by khalhokage(m): 9:23am On Feb 23, 2017
ilynem:

This is a stupid argument as public schools are subsidised and run by government. So it is actually supposed to be better. Look at public schools abroad, they can't be compared with their private counterparts. So give them credit for running the school properly.

Are there any government run institutions in this country that is favourably comparable to their private sector counterparts? No.

And by how much are they subsidised? it's still not comparable to how much these private schools earn yearly, plus other infrastructural considerations, like the amount of students admitted per session.

Stupîd comparison is stupid.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by LordZero(m): 9:24am On Feb 23, 2017
Statsocial:

Tell me the title of d research
I'll have to start looking for it again

I sha remember him referencing my own supervisor for d wrong work twice..
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by micxwell(m): 9:27am On Feb 23, 2017
eph12:

As someone that finished from a top federal university I can boldly say practicals carried out there are the basic secondary school types. If funding is the problem that's a topic for another day. But at least you realise there is a problem which CU don't have.

Yes lecturers are sourced from everywhere including federal universities and they give their best more in the private university. Is this not an indication that the federal universities have a bad system?
Enough said bro, you are wise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by SonOfEl(m): 9:28am On Feb 23, 2017
eph12:

Yes, we are COMPLAINING about our system because only a few of our public universities managed to be among Africa's finest. Yet your type are REJOICING AND MASTURBΠTING that they have been accorded with the same reputation.

Where you celebrate is where we complain. Father na father, pikin na pikin.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 9:28am On Feb 23, 2017
Handsomecole:
1.@ OP I didn't bother reading your all your epistle . I only have one question for you.

2.How much is your school fees as compared to how much your federal University counterparts pay??

The answer will put to rest all these you have put up,

3.you don't have to struggle or kill yourself with researching just to proove that your school is better than OAU and other Universities.

4. With all you have written even your "headmaster" am sorry I mean VC knows that your lesson or university as you call it can never stand OAU Great IFE in anything I mean anything. Even as it stand we have "whites" flocking down to OAU as students and even as lecturers. So don't kill yasef. What is Great is already Great!!

1. You didnt bother to read, yet why are you commenting. Does that make you sensible or not
2. How much does TETFUND and the FG give CU.
3. Comical
4. The usual rant of an OAU student that is oblivious of facts.

Like I stated in the post: "Don't attack persons or the institution; attack every raised point with verifiable facts"

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by SonOfEl(m): 9:28am On Feb 23, 2017
micxwell:

Enough said bro, you are wise.

Keep boosting yourselves....its healthy ....lol
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 23, 2017
SonOfEl:

Well, Currently CU is accepting more of its own graduates as lecturers. But quite a number of CU's lecturers did not study in Nigeria even though they are Nigerians. For example my supervisor was from Vancouver uni(PhD), North park or something for MSc and OAU as (BSc)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by AZeD1(m): 9:30am On Feb 23, 2017
eph12:

With the high number and quality of students admitted every year we should expect better from federal universities.
Not really, most recent grads are still trying to get jobs/raise a family alumni issues would be the last thing on their minds. Also the higher number of students means more people, so the logistics of getting them together is actually harder.

Its easier to coordinate a group of 5 than a group 20.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by TheVictorious(m): 9:30am On Feb 23, 2017
BUTCHCASSIDY:
Those inventions you talk about are already in existence. You definitely dont know what "invent " means

YOU DEFINITELY DON'T KNOW WHAT PATENT (AS STATED) MEANS!
Re: 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 23, 2017
Duru009:
Federal university is still the best... .

One of my friend with just a Bsc holder, is heading a department in one of the private university. You can't try that in a federal university ...........

There are private unis and there r private unis just as all fed unis can't be equally compared, priv unis cant be either

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Hot Cakes: These Are The Best And Most Rewarding Degree Courses In Nigeria / Help Me To Congratulate My Brother For His Waec / Difference Between Successful And Unsuccessful People (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.