Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,623 members, 7,816,563 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Blue ( Short Story) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Blue ( Short Story) (23594 Views)

Whose Fault? (betrayal And Revenge) A Short Story / Funmi (A Thrilling Short Story) / Short Story: "LOVE'S GRIEF" - Written By Oyekunle Lizzy Oyebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Hadampson(m): 11:04am On Feb 27, 2017
samyfreshsmooth:

NOO....

i no dey give skillful01 anything....the guy wan dy sly me angry
Obey b4 u complain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by kajsa08: 11:11am On Feb 27, 2017
na wao. a story is going on n i didnt get a notification. THERE IS GOD.

1 Like

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by dasilver20(f): 11:28am On Feb 27, 2017
Bibijay u are so gifted keep it up dear but i need the link to your website i want to read the latest update of life the way i see it
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by dasilver20(f): 11:31am On Feb 27, 2017
Hadamson my fake husband hmm i sight u o
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Hadampson(m): 1:22pm On Feb 27, 2017
harameede99:
i trust u dear
#kisses#
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Hadampson(m): 1:28pm On Feb 27, 2017
dasilver20:
Hadampson my fake husband hmm i sight u o
chai u diz gal, u sha want tew destroy my relationship with harameede99.. #darris God osad
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by olatex25(m): 6:42pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hadampson:
By the power and authority manifested on me by God, seun and lalasticlala.. i hereby declare SAMYFRESHSMOOTH as the Barman of this thread.. Also, Ikombe and azeequeen as the gala sellers, hormobolanle as kunnu sellers and dapo97 as barbeque/asun........ Any objection

Objection my Lord
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Hadampson(m): 6:47pm On Feb 27, 2017
olatex25:
Objection my Lord
Objection Overruled... Lmao
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by harameede99(f): 11:33am On Feb 28, 2017
Hadampson:
chai u diz gal, u sha want tew destroy my relationship with harameede99.. #darris God osad
hmmm hadampson jst let d husby b fake oo if e go original na world war2 oo
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Hadampson(m): 1:01pm On Feb 28, 2017
Bibijay123 waiting 4 u to drop updates o

1 Like

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by bibijay123(f): 5:35pm On Mar 02, 2017
Chapter Two

“Honey are you still sad over what happened this morning?” He kissed her on both cheeks before sitting on the dirty worn out mattress. His eyes wandered to the money beside the cripple and he thought of how to collect it from her. He had been watching the house, waiting patiently for the old hag to leave. He was growing impatient, thinking she would never leave. He wondered why he had decided to make her one of his conquest when he could go for a better girl. Maybe it was her naivety or innocence that drew him to her, he couldn’t tell.

“Yes,” She hugged him closer, sobbing softly.

“She no longer loves you, that is why she takes her anger out on me. I only came to check up on you but she drove me away.”

“Why? Why doesn’t she want me anymore?” She cried.

” It will be alright. Remember you have me now,”

he lowered her to the bed, kissing her neck. He gently reassured her that he wouldn’t hurt her. He reminded her of the splendid life they would both live when he made it big. He said he loved her and she was the best thing to ever happen to him. He wasted no time plunging into her moist virginal core.He held her when she cried out, either in pain or pleasure he couldn’t say but he doesn’t care either. Afterwards, he held her in arm contemplating on how to relieve her of the money which was now scattered on the bare floor of the room.

” I love you too Peter”.

He caressed her softly “Sweetheart, I hate to be away from you for just a second but I have to leave. I don’t want your mother to meet me here.”

” Take me with you” She said earnestly.”

He wasn’t prepared for her response and he found himself short of words. He thought of what to tell her, he said the only thing that came to his mind.” Now that you’ve said it, I think we should leave this Town. I have some substantial amount stashed away to last us for a while. We will get a cozy little house and a young puppy to keep you company while I go in search of our daily bread”.

The sixteen years old lit up happily. It was like a dream coming true for her, a home with her darling Peter and a young puppy to keep her company. She loved puppies and she had always yearned for one but her Mama had refused to get her one.

“When do we leave?” She asked.

” Tomorrow. We will go to Lagos, we will leave this little Town with no electricity. We would make our way in the world, you and I. When we have enough money you can decide if you want to send for your mother. That is, if you can forgive her for wanting to be rid of you.” he said.

She flung herself into his arms.” Oh Peter! You are so kind! Yes I will send for her when we have our own house.”

” Good. My love, I have to get our tickets today. I will come for you tomorrow. Will you…..will you lend me some money to get the bus tickets.” He asked, acting uncomfortably.

“You can take the money on the floor. It is my exam fee but since we are moving away I don’t have to write the exams anymore.”

His fingers gathered the five hundred naira notes quickly while his black heart jumped up with glee.

“You should clean yourself up before your mother gets back.” He said, indicating the drops of blood trickling down her frail thighs. “Is there anything you want me to do for you?”

“Yes please. Move my chair closer”

He grabbed the wheelchair by the corner of the room and drew it closer to her. He kissed her for the last time, with the promise to come for her the next day when her mother had left home for work. He walked out of the little room contentedly. He had taken her maiden head and his pocket was heavy. For him, the chase and the game were over.

Chapter Three

The Next Day

When Ada came home from work she met her daughter by the window of her room. She knew must happened without being told. The dried tears on her cheeks and the new red frock she wore. That night, Ada dipped her hands into her saving box, she had been religiously saving towards her daughter’s tuition. She prepared Mercy’s favorite meal of pounded yam but the young girl did not eat even a morsel. Every day, she sat by the window looking out for her lover. But Peter never returned.

Unable to take it anymore, Ada decided to do something about her daughter’s predicament. “Mercy” She said softly, “Please get up and eat your food. You have grown so lean, your collar bones are sticking out.” I promise to go in search of him, if it would make you feel better. ”

Mercy couldn’t believe she had heard her mother right. She had been so worried about Peter, it was unlike him not to pay her a visit in a day. She was also certain something terrible must have happened to him. All the while she sat by her window, she silently prayed to God to keep him safe and to bring him back to her safely.

“Thank you Mama” She said.

Ada placed a bowl of steaming hot beans in front of her, she watched her scooped some into her mouth chewing it slowly. ” Do you want bread or garri?”

“No.” She replied.

“Alright,” Ada said tiredly, after being satisfied that the food won’t go uneaten ,she stood up.” I will go check on Peter”

” I am afraid something terrible happened to him. Please Mama, he is an orphan. He has no family to worry about him” She said naively.
Ada bit her tongue to refrain from replying. She wondered if she had done the right thing in letting her daughter always control her with her teary eyes and sad face. She had over pampered and spoiled her only child. She had also shut her from the world; no wonder the poor girl was so naive and weak. She wished right there and then, that she could undo the hand of time. She would have raised her daughter to be in control of her emotions and to be independent. Peter’s mother was a kept woman with no shame. His drunken father provides amusement for both children and adults every evening.

“Eat your food. I will go check up on him” She said, before walking out of the room into the living room which was almost bare save for two old worn out sofas. The Sofas came off the backyard of one of her bosses. The living room was illuminated by a candle light placed in a plate on a wooden stool. She pushed open the door and walked into the chilly night.

“How may I help you?” The fat woman asked impatiently, her customer was already lying on the bed naked and she wasn’t going to tolerate any sort of intrusion.

“Good evening Ma” Ada said, “Please I seek Peter, is he at home?”.

” No” She snapped, slamming the door in her face.

Ada was momentarily stunned by the other woman’s actions. She wrapped her arms around her form to ward off the chill creeping down her spine. She wanted her daughter to be happy and for that she was ready to bear anything. She was almost out of the compound when she saw two love birds coming from afar. She felt something snap in her, she marched towards them angrily and halted in front of them.

“Is anything the matter?” the girl asked.

“Woman, why are you blocking our path?” Peter asked.

Ada took a deep breath and clenched her fingers.” Please can I see you in private?”

” Do I know you?” He asked, pretending not to know who she was.

“I am Mercy’s mother”.

“Mercy?” he said.” Who is she? I don’t know you woman and I don’t know any mercy”.

They made to side step her and she grabbed Peter’s hand. “Do you think you can mess with my child and go Scott free?’’.

He yanked his hand away.” How long will you keep begging me to marry your lame child?”

Ada’ s hand shot up to hit him but she jerked her hand down again. ” Stay away from us. I don’t want to ever see you near my doorsteps again.” She walked away angrily.

She saw the smoke before she got to her house. The whole house was enveloped in thick black smoke; she ran into her apartment, the living room was shrouded with smoke. She could barely see her way, she kept screaming her child’s name. The smoke got her dizzy, she stepped on a burning wood and screamed in pain, she ran forward, smack into a wall. The pain seared her skull; she felt something trickling down her chin. She knew it was her blood, her tongue found the empty space where a tooth had once been in her upper jaw. She took another step further, searching for the way with her hand. She could make out Mercy’s small form sprawled on the ground. Tears of relieve filled her eyes.

She carried the unconscious girl into her arms; slowly she made her way out of the room just as a big log of wood dropped right on the spot the girl was.

Chapter four

“Ma…..ma” Mercy called softly, opening her eyes.

” Mercy!” Ada cried, holding her hand.” Thank God you are awake!”

“Ma……ma…..water” She said weakly.

“Water? Let me quickly fetch some for you at the reception. There is a water dispenser there.” She hurried out of the room. She ran into the reception room, picked up a disposable cup and poured some water into it. She stood up and made to go back in the direction she came from. She was so happy that her daughter was alive, she didn’t watch where she was going. She bumped into someone and the water upturned on the person.

” I am so sorry ma,” Ada said, ” I didn’t watch where I was going”.

The elegantly dressed woman looked at her from head to toe, seething with anger.” Are you blind? Does poverty mean that you shouldn’t have sense?” She said angrily, advancing on her.”

I am sorry ma. Please forgive….” She trailed of as the other woman landed her a thunderous slap which left her dazed.

“You are stupid woman! do you know how much this blouse is worth? the price will feed you and your entire family for a year!”
Michael, a young doctor who had witnessed the whole thing walked up to them.” Ma’am, she didn’t intentionally pour the water on you. You shouldn’t have hit her.” he said.

“What is your name? I will see to it that you lose your job since you have clearly forgotten your job description. Here you are, acting like superman to the rescue when you should be busy with patients! Please don’t forget to prescribe the use of glasses for her since she’s obviously myopic.” She said, before cat-walking away.

The young doctor turned to Ada.” Are you alright ma?”

” Yes thank you” She said, retrieving the cup from the floor.” You shouldn’t have interfered. She looks like an important person, I would hate for you to lose your job.”

He shrugged. “You are the woman in ward 5 right? ”

“Yes. My daughter is awake now and she wanted some water. I will get her another one. Thank you ”

When the young doctor signed out of duty he remembered to go see the woman in ward five. The young girl was asleep but the mother was still awake, watching her child like a mother hawk. He was sure she hadn’t had a wink of sleep herself. He was sure she hadn’t eaten all day too and he cursed himself for being so thoughtless. He could have grabbed some lunch for her when he went for his. His eyes darted to his wrist watch, the time was 11 pm.

“Good evening, Doctor”

“Good evening, Ma. How is your daughter now?”

” She’s getting better. She was able to take some pap earlier” She replied.

” How about you Ma?, you need to rest”

” Thank you. I am fine”

” You should sleep, you look so tired. You can sleep for few hours, I will sit by your child”

” No thank you, you are very kind sir.”

” I insist Ma” he said.

Ada got up wearily and headed to the vacant bed in the room. No sooner had her body touched it, she had drifted off to sleep. Michael, took the chair she had vacated and watched over the sleeping child and mother.

Tbc

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Hadampson(m): 5:59pm On Mar 02, 2017
Interesting story.. keep it coming bibijay, i got diz.. cc: hormobolanle, nikz, ikombe, azeequeen, olatex25, switup, oly23, harameede99, queenitee.. new update don land o

2 Likes

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Hadampson(m): 6:01pm On Mar 02, 2017
If i kuku mention yewandequeen, she won't show... cerewo, chizzymaris, adesina12, samyfreshsmooth and oladapxon cumman c sumtin o

1 Like

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Awafolashade(f): 6:39pm On Mar 02, 2017
Nice story,waiting for the next update

1 Like

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by queenitee(f): 6:44pm On Mar 02, 2017
Hadampson:
Interesting story.. keep it coming bibijay, i got diz.. cc: hormobolanle, nikz, ikombe, azeequeen, olatex25, switup, oly23, harameede99, queenitee.. new update don land o
Thanks boo
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by queenitee(f): 6:56pm On Mar 02, 2017
Awwwn,so nice...its a lovely story
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by olatex25(m): 8:15pm On Mar 02, 2017
Hadampson:

tanx bro..
Tanx Bibijay, u realy did a gr8 job wit dose update.. U are truly a gem. Thumb up

1 Like

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by nikz(f): 8:42pm On Mar 02, 2017
Hadampson:
Hi hadampson thanx.
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Hadampson(m): 9:20pm On Mar 02, 2017
nikz:
Hi hadampson thanx.
U welcome...
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by OlaDapxon(m): 7:31am On Mar 03, 2017
Hadampson:
If i kuku mention yewandequeen, she won't show... cerewo, chizzymaris, adesina12, samyfreshsmooth and oladapxon cumman c sumtin o

serve me food first
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Yewandequeen(f): 8:16am On Mar 03, 2017
Hadampson:
If i kuku mention yewandequeen, she won't show..o
How dare u speak blasphemy? angry I am a lady of high reputation and my dtobs knows I have integrity. grin tongue

But be rest assured am coming for your balls if the story isn't completed .
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by samyfreshsmooth(m): 11:13am On Mar 03, 2017
Hadampson:

runs into thread panting

my oga wetin sup? what shall i come and see
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by harameede99(f): 11:16am On Mar 03, 2017
Hadampson:
tnx dear
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Lankyannie(f): 12:50pm On Mar 03, 2017
Bibijay iyaff kum bk wid fire nd brimstone.may smtin heavier dn rickross sit on dt peter's destiny 4usin nd dumpn an innocent gal.am seein a helping hand in dt doctor's eye,may d lord provide 4mercy nd her mother.wehdon bibijay123,kip it kumin plz.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by bibijay123(f): 1:18pm On Mar 03, 2017
Lankyannie:
Bibijay iyaff kum bk wid fire nd brimstone.may smtin heavier dn rickross sit on dt peter's destiny 4usin nd dumpn an innocent gal.am seein a helping hand in dt doctor's eye,may d lord provide 4mercy nd her mother.wehdon bibijay123,kip it kumin plz.

lol all these for only one person? shocked grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 03, 2017
Okay, so its like that nhee? I see.

I send a hadampson to collect lankyannie, he decides to play on the way and now I am taking rhe blame. Is it by force not to invite me to enjoy here?

Why na?

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Yewandequeen(f): 7:34pm On Mar 03, 2017
Update oooo

hadampson better tell Op to update now else you are risking your balls.

1 Like

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Lankyannie(f): 8:13pm On Mar 03, 2017
jagugu88li:
Okay, so its like that nhee? I see.

I send a hadampson to collect lankyannie, he decides to play on the way and now I am taking rhe blame. Is it by force not to invite me to enjoy here?

Why na?
Nd dz is hw i saw her cryn nd peeing on her cloth cus hadampson didnt efen do a liru invitatn by whisperin 2 kuman enjoy dz xclusive one frm bibijay.wipe ur tears babe,i wil surely fyt 4u.*cocking gun*where is dt hadampsonbera kuman kukuma tk ur punishment b4....................................
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Hadampson(m): 9:24pm On Mar 03, 2017
Yewandequeen:
Update oooo

hadampson better tell Op to update now else you are risking your balls.
Bibijay123, i hope u r seeing diz o... abeg cum update o biko kwanu
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Yewandequeen(f): 9:28pm On Mar 03, 2017
Hadampson:
Bibijay123, i hope u r seeing diz o... abeg cum update o biko kwanu

The fear of damaged balls is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Hadampson(m): 9:41pm On Mar 03, 2017
Yewandequeen:

The fear of damaged balls is the beginning of wisdom.
Hmmm...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blue ( Short Story) by Hadampson(m): 9:43pm On Mar 03, 2017
Lankyannie:
Nd dz is hw i saw her cryn nd peeing on her cloth cus hadampson didnt efen do a liru invitatn by whisperin 2 kuman enjoy dz xclusive one frm bibijay.wipe ur tears babe,i wil surely fyt 4u.*cocking gun*where is dt hadampsonbera kuman kukuma tk ur punishment b4....................................
Iz lyk u dnt knw d real hadampson o.. Ask samyfreshsmooth 4 more info..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Sex Story / Orin Orile Ede Naijiria Ni Ede Yoruba Ati Ni Geesi / Novel: JUST A Taste..written By: Onyeneke Abel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.