Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (881273 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by grammy010: 2:02pm On Apr 05, 2017
ToluNewman:
Good evening,
I got admission into University of Manitoba for the M.A Economics program. They are willing to give me some funding if my UnderGrad school can provide my official transcript within a month.
I am to resume latest August 15th. Please who can help me with Study Permit and Visa processing information. Tried to go through the previous threads but I am overwhelmed by its quantity.

Congrats!!! Send me a pm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 2:16pm On Apr 05, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Omodollyp: 3:24pm On Apr 05, 2017
OpeLovely:
Good day all,

Please who is going for[b] Mount Saint Vincent University[/b] come September 2017? I just received admission.

Secondly is it advisable to pay one year's school fees down? (Reason being to show the embassy that payment is not a problem even if the statement of account is not sooooooooo bouyant?)

Thank you.
Msvu doesn't allow tuition payment until Trv is issued. Just show proof of funds
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Omodollyp: 3:25pm On Apr 05, 2017
OpeLovely:
Good day all,

Please who is going for[b] Mount Saint Vincent University[/b] come September 2017? I just received admission.

Secondly is it advisable to pay one year's school fees down? (Reason being to show the embassy that payment is not a problem even if the statement of account is not sooooooooo bouyant?)

Thank you.

Msvu doesn't allow tuition payment until Trv is issued. Just show proof of funds

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by OpeLovely(f): 4:51pm On Apr 05, 2017
Omodollyp:

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 6:05pm On Apr 05, 2017
Omodollyp:

How do you show proof of fund? Is it by tabling account statement of ur sponsor & will CIC agree that the money in de account statement will b available for the applicants payments & expenses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 6:33pm On Apr 05, 2017
Hi. I have been Admitted to ubc Canada. But my studies commence by September. I haven't applied to the embassy yet, I'm still yet to pay my tuition. Still gathering money. Do I apply for visa without the tuition? Please advise. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Piethewitch: 6:41pm On Apr 05, 2017
Rocorleone:
Hi. I have been Admitted to ubc Canada. But my studies commence by September. I haven't applied to the embassy yet, I'm still yet to pay my tuition. Still gathering money. Do I apply for visa without the tuition? Please advise. Thanks

Please do apply for the visa. If it will take you more than a month to get that money... I would advise by may you apply ..you should have applied for the visa due to processing time could take up to 18weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dapoddon: 7:08pm On Apr 05, 2017
[quote author=ToluNewman post=55269877]Good evening,
I got admission into University of Manitoba for the M.A Economics program. They are willing to give me some funding if my UnderGrad school can provide my official transcript within a month.

Brotherly, also going to U of M, M. A. Economics. I have sent you a PM, let's relate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adedrizzy(m): 7:13pm On Apr 05, 2017
Hello House,
Hope everyone's doing fine...... I just want to find out if its possible to stay in France for a whole week before continuing your trip to canada for your studies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 7:16pm On Apr 05, 2017
Rocorleone:
Piethewitch:

Please do apply for the visa. If it will take you more than a month to get that money... I would advise by may you apply ..you should have applied for the visa due to processing time could take up to 18weeks

@Rocorleone It is not compulsory to pay your tuition but it's always advisable. You still need to show money for your tuition and living expenses to the canadian embassy visa office for them to approve your study permit. So make sure you gather the money and have it available before you apply whether you choose to pay your tuition or not. You MUST have the funds AVAILABLE. All you need to get is the equivalent of your tuition fees and living expenses equivalent of a minimum of 10,000CAD.

@Piethewitch
Your advise is a good one as regards appying early considering the processing time. However, it will be detrimental if he does without having funds to meet the requirements of CIC. (tuition +living expenses).
So while it's advisable to appy in time, it is also advisable funds are available first before sending in the application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 7:21pm On Apr 05, 2017
Adedrizzy:
Hello House,
Hope everyone's doing fine...... I just want to find out if its possible to stay in France for a whole week before continuing your trip to canada for your studies.
You will need a french issued schengen or transit visa to gain entry into france.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nabby2603(f): 7:50pm On Apr 05, 2017
I got my admission last year Dec to resume Jan 2017 but had to defer to process my TRV.
OpeLovely:
Good day all,

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 8:18pm On Apr 05, 2017
Seajae:
Good afternoon fam. Please is there anybody that just wrote toefl and wants to sell their textbooks or how I can get the efficient ones? I also need any help I can get on how to go write the exams.
PS: I'm yet to register for it. Cheers

Google the text and app + YouTube.

I have all official materials, available for free but in Lagos.

By the way, why do you need TOEFL?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 8:20pm On Apr 05, 2017

For current students in Canada, how well are you connecting with your 9ja school alumni in your area, particularly with LinkedIn?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by imadebaby: 8:28pm On Apr 05, 2017
hello house,
my brother is resuming ist week of may and he is yet to hear from the embassy concerning his study permit application. what should he do pls? is there someone he can contact or he should just chill and be patient. he applied paper route on feb 10th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Michelleflores(f): 8:41pm On Apr 05, 2017
imadebaby:
hello house,
my brother is resuming ist week of may and he is yet to hear from the embassy concerning his study permit application. what should he do pls? is there someone he can contact or he should just chill and be patient. he applied paper route on feb 10th

He has to defer now that it's still a bit early, processing time now for study permit is 18weeks so it's still within processing time, he can choose to wait on cic but I'll advice he defers to September so as not to lose the admission while waiting, regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 8:41pm On Apr 05, 2017
imadebaby:
hello house,

He should keep prayin and chill because its still very much within processing time. Nobody to contact ooh not even a mail will b replied back due to time frame but hope for d best. success
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by adiukuonyebuchi: 9:15pm On Apr 05, 2017
penitential:

Well, according to your UG program and your proposed course of study, I think you're in line; but,a trying to explain the relationship between a Project Manager and a Marketer to your proposed study. I will advise you do proper background check to ensure all are in-line. You can check for the correlation in the course of study, functional relation....
I don't know what you mean by "pre-loa". If it's anything am thinking, Conditional offer letter, the i will advise you meet the conditions stated first.

I will advise you take the statement made bold out of your S.O.P. try to talk about how it will better improve you career-wise, economic-wise....

You don't need the statement made bold. Don't complicate your application with un-necessary and irrelevant documents.

ok, there is no need adding my wife consent letter. from your Advice, please i will like to have your email address as to drop all my documents when i am about to submit them. adiukuonyebuchi at gmail dot com is mine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chonewillie: 9:16pm On Apr 05, 2017
Please house, I gained admission for a Masters program in Canada. I should submit my TRV application (paper route) by next week in Lagos. I wrote my SSCE at two sittings. For this reason, I wouldn't want to attach my ssce result to my application. Moreso, I am going for a masters program. Please I need your advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vanod: 9:19pm On Apr 05, 2017
Good evening NL family,

please my admission letter is stated Room and Board for 2 semesters $11,000,
I want to know is this 11k different from the mandatory $10,000 leaving expense on cic website?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by obaxlove(m): 9:19pm On Apr 05, 2017
Guys, I will be going to submit my application tomorrow, any advise from the house? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 9:49pm On Apr 05, 2017
obaxlove:
Guys, I will be going to submit my application tomorrow, any advise from the house? Thanks

Go through your docs & itz content one by one to determine if all meet de required criteria. especially docs relating to funds, sponsor, sop, letters. etc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Omodollyp: 10:24pm On Apr 05, 2017
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:

How do you show proof of fund? Is it by tabling account statement of ur sponsor & will CIC agree that the money in de account statement will b available for the applicants payments & expenses.

Well I'm not so sure. I think the sponsor transferring the tuition into your account should be okay. I think other people should please help shed more light.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dara2017: 10:35pm On Apr 05, 2017
OpeLovely:
Good day all,

Please who is going for Mount Saint Vincent University[b][/b] come September 2017? I just received admission.

Thank you.

Hello,
It's good that you pay for your first year school fees.
Also let you account be buoyant it's very important.You need your first year school fees and 10,000 cad as regards finance but it's better you have a little above that or more.

Plus ensure you apply on time.Getting a study permit can take long,I mean long.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 10:53pm On Apr 05, 2017
chonewillie:
Please house, I gained admission for a Masters program in Canada. I should submit my TRV application (paper route) by next week in Lagos. I wrote my SSCE at two sittings. For this reason, I wouldn't want to attach my ssce result to my application. Moreso, I am going for a masters program. Please I need your advice
do well to submit the results, this has no negative impact on your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Samo16: 10:58pm On Apr 05, 2017
Please be sure not to give categorical statements. I know someone who is about graduating from MSVU she payed full tuition before her visa was granted. She also adviced I made payments (Dat doesn't necessarily give u TRV increases the chances as the case may be (and she actually posted her profile on nairaland here [qquote author=Omodollyp post=55289741]

Msvu doesn't allow tuition payment until Trv is issued. Just show proof of funds [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.