Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (879324 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 4:02pm On Apr 04, 2017
Austinpee4:

It means funds actually available ONLY for your study. If you are using a sponsor, i would believe he/she will not empty an account for these purpose. Some left-over should be there for other needs. So equate your tuition and living expenses for a year and avail that as funds for your study. If it's the exact as the closing balance, input same otherwise, fiqures should amout to the equivalent of tuition and expenses ONLY.

Which is still de balance on the sponsor acct nah

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Piethewitch: 4:03pm On Apr 04, 2017
Hello, I was called for medical 2 weeks ago and ever since then I have not got any email from CIC . is it normal most of the people here I see they are replied within a week after medical calls

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 4:06pm On Apr 04, 2017
Oladimejii:
Hi Guys..

Quick one. Do I attach a copy of the affidavit of sponsorship or original? Paper route please.

Thank you.
If the sole purpose of it is to address your sponsorship to study in canada, you should include the original. It is only useful in this context and as such it is addressed to the canadian embassy. Make a copy for yourself.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 4:17pm On Apr 04, 2017
Osemigho:

I am sure you know the meaning of spoilt and 9ja. The last one -Olosho- means Prostitute.

Combine it and you have SPOILT9JAPROSTITUE.

Thank you.

Baba...I tire o. Chebi u aff explained to him/her now. grin

Hehehehehe.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 4:24pm On Apr 04, 2017
Igbouwanile:

Which is still de balance on the sponsor acct nah
Lol. Funny guy. Let's use this analogy.

If me your '3rd party' sponsor had 5 million naira as my closing balance and it's the exact equivalent of your tuition and living expenses and with my family and other needs rising at an impromptu manner, would i give everything to you knowing fully well that a major need for cash can arise between now and when you will eventually depart?

I don't think so.If i were to be a VO, this will appeal to me as you trying so hard to meet the minimum requirement for visa purpose. It won't show comfortability to meet the financial challenge.

So help your sponsor appear a comfortable sponsor to a visa officer by showing a statement of account that have little or more over their requirements. It's going to be a huge financial burden and you shouldn't in any way show any sign of sponsor meeting just MINIMUM requirements. The more the better.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 04, 2017
Wale309:
Hello fam, I've just been denied student visa solely for insufficient balance. It was a paper route, no upfront medicals and was never called for medicals, meng, university of waterloo, may admission. I used my mum's account(as the sponsor) of 5.4m cum my account of 500k and a landed property. The tuition is $21,000 for a year. I applied for a two year visa because the programme can be extended for a maximum of 2years. May be I should also state here that I withdrew almost all the money within one week after submission, dont know if that really had anything to do with the refusal. Here is my question, I want to re-apply(towards September or january admission, after securing a deferment from the school) and someone just offered to drop his company's account as my sponsor with over 10m in it, will this augur well for my application since there's no money in my mum's account again? Thanks in anticipation for a good and helpful response.

I don't know much about this TRV application but from what I've read on this thread, you're supposed to have (or show prove of having) Tuition + 10K CAD.

In your case that $21K + $10K = $31K CAD. I think you played yourself bro.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 4:39pm On Apr 04, 2017
Austinpee4:

Lol. Funny guy. Let's use this analogy.

So help your sponsor appear a comfortable sponsor to a visa officer by showing a statement of account that have little or more over their requirements. It's going to be a huge financial burden and you shouldn't in any way show any sign of sponsor meeting just MINIMUM requirements. The more the better.

Okay, totalled expenses for de year CAD31k, den full tuition of CAD15k paid.. sponsor balance nw reduces to say #14mill acct statement afta tuition payment.. sponsor got wife & a son. what wil b de fund available

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 04, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 4:49pm On Apr 04, 2017
Osemigho:

I am sure you know the meaning of spoilt and 9ja. The last one -Olosho- means Prostitute.

Combine it and you have SPOILT9JAPROSTITUE.

Thank you.

Haha. Thank you for de xplanation, 9ja situation is causing alot of harms.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 4:51pm On Apr 04, 2017
yemdogg:

Baba...I tire o. Chebi u aff explained to him/her now. grin

Hehehehehe.
Hahaha..
Who knows what wud have been your own explanation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 5:01pm On Apr 04, 2017
@ Igbouwanile

Since your full first year tuition of CAD 15,000 have been paid and if sponsor transfer equivalent of 10k or 12k to you, then your funds available is CAD 25,000 or CAD 27,000 respectively.

Funds available must be in proportion to funds you have in liquid cash and not your deductions.

For the CAD 31k as calculated by you or by your offer letter to be declared as funds available, you must show the equivalent of CAD 16,000 in LIQUID form in addition to the CAD15,000 you paid already. So do your conversions rightly and input correctly.

Hope this brings clarity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by andre99(m): 5:02pm On Apr 04, 2017
Yours sincerely.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Is2bEe(m): 5:02pm On Apr 04, 2017
Include the photocopy of the affidavit. They don't collect original anymore. quote author=Oladimejii post=55256642]Anyone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Is2bEe(m): 5:17pm On Apr 04, 2017
Wale309:
Hello fam, I've just been denied student visa solely for insufficient balance. It was a paper route, no upfront medicals and was never called for medicals, meng, university of waterloo, may admission. I used my mum's account(as the sponsor) of 5.4m cum my account of 500k and a landed property. The tuition is $21,000 for a year. I applied for a two year visa because the programme can be extended for a maximum of 2years. May be I should also state here that I withdrew almost all the money within one week after submission, dont know if that really had anything to do with the refusal. Here is my question, I want to re-apply(towards September or january admission, after securing a deferment from the school) and someone just offered to drop his company's account as my sponsor with over 10m in it, will this augur well for my application since there's no money in my mum's account again? Thanks in anticipation for a good and helpful response.
Bros, the reason for your delay is very clear. Your tuition of 21k is quite on the high side. You needed to show a bank account of 31k (tuition plus 10k upkeep) for the first year of your study.

You will agree with me that 31000CAD If converted to Naira at the official rate is around 7m. You only showed funds of around 6m hence the issue of insufficient funds.

I am personally not a fan of company sponsorship. I will advise you defer your admission first and den boost your mum's account to around 9m with the hope that exchange rate doesn't go up again, then refire. Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by gbemmysax: 5:23pm On Apr 04, 2017
Osemigho:

Accepted by Calgary : myself

Alberta: My friend.

But program completely different from yours.

If your program doesn't state otherwise on their website, email them.
Thank you. But please, when did you apply and when were the admissions granted? In short how long did it take?
Thanks again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by adiukuonyebuchi: 5:30pm On Apr 04, 2017
hello, i was denied visa last two years ago based on the following, insufficient fund, No strong tie in home country. I noticed ( My letter of acceptance) has only start date no finish date. It was a two year post graduate diploma in Business administration and i did Project Management in my first degree. last two years, there were no much fund as per my sponsor. there were only 5million in his account and my one year school fees was almost 3million and up keep and others were close to 3million with accommodation included.

Please now i have gotten another admission to study PGD in Sustainability in Business . My sponsor has paid my school fees for one year and accommodation for first semester and also declared CAD10k for my up keep. In my own account i have less than 500k but in and out flow of fund in my account is not so big. i am married and i have landed properties i bought in the village.

please how best can i go about applying for TRV so that it will be a success, please I need advice and direction please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Michelleflores(f): 5:31pm On Apr 04, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Am4obama(m): 5:51pm On Apr 04, 2017
The school I applied to is Memorial University, Newfoundland. Any suggestion will go a long way to help.

Flawless1988:

Which school please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by StCruz247: 6:07pm On Apr 04, 2017
Piethewitch:
Hello, I was called for medical 2 weeks ago and ever since then I have not got any email from CIC . is it normal most of the people here I see they are replied within a week after medical calls

Congrats in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 6:08pm On Apr 04, 2017
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:

Hahaha..
Who knows what wud have been your own explanation.

My explanation wouldn'thave been different from his.
Hehehehehe.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ajokeomopupa: 6:58pm On Apr 04, 2017
hello house,,av been a silent follower of ds forum and have been enjoying it and i hope to share my testimony here by God's grace.
i was offered addmission into u of r,and i submitted my visa application online feb 1st,went for biometric feb 3rd and am still waiting for my medical call oo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by sunvick(m): 7:31pm On Apr 04, 2017
Thanks alot Nelly28

nelly28:

Dat of d spouse wen he/she apply or get a work permit dere is no set maximum amount of time you can work in Canada as a temporary worker. D length of time you can work depends on the job offer from your employer the length of time listed on your Labour Market Impact Assessment, i guess it only for Quebec The CAQ will show the length of time you are allowed to work in Quebec 50 hours or so
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 04, 2017
[quote author=Igbouwanile post=55257877[b]]@Wale309[/b]

May be I should also state here that I withdrew almost all the money within one week after submission, dont know if that really had anything to do with the refusal..

Sorry for the refusal, such happens, what matters is how u respond 2de concerns in ur next application..
Are u working wit de company, is de sponsor de sole signatory 2de account, why is de company sponsoring you?

Please @bold... did u mean all de money in ur mum's account & yours was witdrawn immediately u submitted?[
/quote]

Really.. Until you see the GCMS notes before one can conclude... Buh... I can begin to guess that the said 5m was even a lump deposit!!.. So, aside of the insufficiency... PA may even be battling 'lump deposits' on accounts with no regular financial activities!! .. Just thinking... Money withdrawn almost immediately after submission.. Hnnmmm!
Too many things bro... One only needs to be alert and plug all holes as you become aware of them.
Regards.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 04, 2017
ajokeomopupa:
hello house,,av been a silent follower of ds forum and have been enjoying it and i hope to share my testimony here by God's grace.
i was offered addmission into u of r,and i submitted my visa application online feb 1st,went for biometric feb 3rd and am still waiting for my medical call oo.
Don't worry by God's grace your medical mail will drop soon!... Nice posh update!!!... Only you did not share your UG and proposed program.

Haba..on another note..... Dis yur moniker tight no be small!!!!.. grin.... Kilode... Made in England!!

Good luck and regards.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 8:24pm On Apr 04, 2017
gbemmysax:

Thank you. But please, when did you apply and when were the admissions granted? In short how long did it take?
Thanks again.

Applied early January, very close to deadline and admission came in around mid-February. Took about 1 month and some days or week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dara2017: 8:29pm On Apr 04, 2017
Michelleflores:
Hi, Good day everyone, just a quick observation pls, I've seen some people talk about their visa application was denied, others talk about their visa application was delayed, I'm just wondering is there a difference between these two, delay and denial?

There is no difference they just don't want to say they were denied.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oluwamalik(m): 8:30pm On Apr 04, 2017
@Florentm, thank u so much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dara2017: 8:33pm On Apr 04, 2017
Piethewitch:

Just be patient they would get back to you.Some times it takes up to 4 weeks after medicals to get a reply.There is no stipulated time to get a response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 8:44pm On Apr 04, 2017
[quote author=Folaroyal post=55265426][/quote]

Hmmmm "lump sum " could even be the issue as you pointed out. But have never seen a GCMS note that says, applicant withdrew amount meant for tuition or living expenses after submission. This can only happen if in the process of the review of the application applicant was instructed to produce another SOA and after producing it the balance could not meet d desire need it was meant for. Aside this we can't have such reasons. That was y i said previously that d moniker should forget that as for y he was denied. The best bet is to get the GCMS file and reapply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 8:52pm On Apr 04, 2017
Austinpee4:
@ Igbouwanile

Since your full first year tuition of CAD 15,000 have been paid and if sponsor transfer equivalent of 10k or 12k to you, then your funds available is CAD 25,000 or CAD 27,000 respectively.

Funds available must be in proportion to funds you have in liquid cash and not your deductions.

For the CAD 31k as calculated by you or by your offer letter to be declared as funds available, you must show the equivalent of CAD 16,000 in LIQUID form in addition to the CAD15,000 you paid already. So do your conversions rightly and input correctly.

Hope this brings clarity.

Ya, thanks boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 9:02pm On Apr 04, 2017
yemdogg:

My explanation wouldn'thave been different from his.
Hehehehehe.

Hahaha okay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 9:28pm On Apr 04, 2017
We mostly don't like the word "Refused" rather we chose to say "Delayed" because we are optimistic that we're Def gonna get it again.
Michelleflores:
Hi, Good day everyone, just a quick observation pls, I've seen some people talk about their visa application was denied, others talk about their visa application was delayed, I'm just wondering is there a difference between these two, delay and denial?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.