Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,926 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (882431 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oluwaCanny: 11:02am On Apr 28, 2017
Quote below is from the TRV doc and will be useful now as we are in the TRV peak season...!!

key areas to always work on during TRV application which is often visa refusals out of ignorance...

Purpose of visit; Make sure your intending program in canada relates with either your work experience/position or your UG degree or both if applicable. always keep your SOP simple and straight to the points and avoid ambiguous statements that causes stress and loss of interest to the reader,VO.
what you tend to achieve with your intending program,the relationship to your career and future goals and why canada for such study destination is what majorly your SOP should be revolving on and should have weighted and convincing points in this areas. Avoid ''story-telling'' sentences and make your statements professional with compound sentences.For those going for ordinary diploma program after having B.sc,approval chances are always slim not that VOs don't approve such but your case must be strong and convincing enough.
choose programs that are closely related not that you FEEL that they are related.if you are always in doubt for such,search wide on Google to truly know if such programs have close relationship with you UG course modules and contents.

Personal assets and financial status; unexplained or empty gaps come to this category,for those still undergoing NYSC or going for undergraduate program in canada,this area hardly apply to you guys,those undergoing NYSC should just add their NYSC supporting docs to cover present gaps. Specifically to working class,all relevant employment documents and/or activities from the date you finished NYSC till the date of your application should come in place,in addition if you have worked for long and have come of age,you are mandated to add your PERSONAL BANK STATEMENT of ACC.it is a MUST even if you are being sponsored and a reasonable amount of money should be in such account of 1 million and above just to be on the safer side.Similarly some have activities which is deemed profitable to their career,during visa application,such can come in place to explain present gaps in your application with the relevant supporting document in place too for the VO to make reference and in this type of situation I don't feel the personal SOA of the individual can come in place expect if the activity pays(income).
For those who have come of age and still single without family and kids to serve as HOME TIES, a land Document or meaningful stocks and bonds/properties should come in place and even if you don't have any,go get one months before applying for TRV.If you are married with kids they are already strong home ties to your application. Lands,stocks and bonds is an addition which also signals to the consular(S) that your have strong economic ties to your home country if you have such too.HOME TIES/personal assets vary and apply to individuals depending on the nature/profile of the individual during visa application.

funds; family,relatives are always convincing sponsors to the consulars for study visa, possible proof of relationships to such sponsors are, Birth certificates, marriage certificates then affidavit of sponsorships and DETAILED sponsorship letter, sponsor's SOA and business/work related document as proof of income follow up.self-sponsorship is also applicable and when acting as self-sponsored it requires you will have your funds for the entire duration of your program available as proof..if you are using extended families as sponsors,try as much to make your Proof of relationship documents clear and detailed. Always fill your FUNDS AVAILABLE Section of IMM1294E or study permit well of at least 1yr funds as specified by the CIC even if the program is a 2yrs or 4yrs program.The statement of account flow would be able to speak for subsequent years for the VO to believe that your sponsor can oblige to such responsibilty(ies). Avoid money Lodgement in an empty account left with no transaction for past months or prior to visa application in such empty acct of a sponsor except cases whereby such money was transferred or paid in with a clarification letter for it's purpose to your visa application in an account of good transaction history.if your sponsor is a business person as you may have it,if it involves you building up the acct for visa purpose,make sure it has business transaction details while owing up to such responsibilty.
in addition,fill your CIC forms well..

*TRV Doctor*

Thanks for d free consultation Doc grin shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by goodnews1111: 11:10am On Apr 28, 2017
dennisworld1:
House am applying for a MSc program in this college New Brunswick Community College. Who got an ideal how their programs are.
I will advice you call the admission office to ask if there is space and when you could probably be considered.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 11:31am On Apr 28, 2017
squash1986:

Thank you for your response. I am really grateful for it. However, I think I should throw more light into why I am not comfortable with including my payslip and SOA. My organisation have not paid any of their workers for 5 months. Whatever cash that is in my account was gotten out of personal hustle from other side runs. If I go ahead and print, there will be nothing depicting that I earn a regular monthly salary. I'm still with the organisation because of the side runs which has been keeping me going.

This is the reason why I'm not comfortable attaching that document.
Some of us here dey sabi worry ourselves over nothing!

While it is good to substantiate with evidence about being employed, there are other documents to add to proof this, EMPLOYMENT LETTER is one of such!

If you choose to add other documents to your application fine. I will agree with @Chimah3 and @MichV on different points.

The main essence of adding your payslip, SOA should be to show that you too beside sponsorship have been earning cash from what you claimed you are doing and more especially to show that you can earn enough to pay for subsequent year(s) in a case of self sponsorship.

On the other hand, if you are sponsored and feel that by adding your SOA, etc, you will complicate you application, kindly leave it out. A signed letter from your organisation, recommendations, attestation etc will show proof that you have been engaged with such establishment. The MAIN benefit of being sponsored is that your sponsor now takes full responsibility of ALL your financial obligations. If you have other assets to add in your name, good.

IRCC will most certainly asses your capacity (sponsored or self sponsored) to meet all financial demands and requirement during the entire duration of your study in canada especially your first year. The stronger they are, the better your chance.

Adding SOA or NOT should be dependent on the point(s) your are trying to proof.(eg, sponsor transferred funds to you, you also have savings, you have earnings that will be coming to you even while studying, sponsoring yourself). It shouldn't be a trend to follow. Most important thing should be that your financial capability and statement meet all the requirements as stipulated by the IRCC act.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 28, 2017
Austinpee4:

On the other hand, if you are sponsored and feel that by adding your SOA, etc, you will complicate you application, kindly leave it out. A signed letter from your organisation, recommendations, attestation etc will show proof that you have been engaged with such establishment. The MAIN benefit of being sponsored is that your sponsor now takes full responsibility of ALL your financial obligations. If you have other assets to add in your name, good.

.Austin...I need further clarification on this.. are you saying that if I am employed and after showing my payslips and employment letters, in the situation of being sponsored that I should leave out my account statement? I also agree with you that when money is being transferred by my sponsor to my personal account and presenting it during visa application, solves out the issue. but in a situation when there was no transfer of such manner you spoke on, are you saying that personal acct statement is not necessary? I have witnessed refusals for such mistakes on the ground of ''personal assets and finances''. I do know I can always do without payslips when being sponsored and just add my personal account statement. clarify me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 28, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Innogee: 12:41pm On Apr 28, 2017
Good day House, I applied for study permit to run my PGD in Canada starting 7 May, 2017.
I have applied since 10 February, 2017 and my medical status says " You passed the medical exam" because I did upfront medical.
However, my status have been showing "Your application is in progress" for more than two months now.
Please what should I do since my program is starting in a week time.

Should I send the Canadian visa office a mail and what format of mail should I send.

Or, should I tell my Human Resource manager to send a mail on my behalf ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 12:58pm On Apr 28, 2017
Hiccups:

I really don't know much about this two universities other than what I gather online, I will like to speak to anyone who's been to any of these two. Do you have any idea what the process of finding supervisor at UBC is?

Look up the professors in the department you'd want to apply to
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by VeecThorr(m): 1:13pm On Apr 28, 2017
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a response from MSVU, Nova Scotia? I applied since over a month ago but only just paid the application fee last week.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Stellyhardy: 1:24pm On Apr 28, 2017
Stellyhardy:
Good morning my people. I was trying to apply to Fleming college through Ontario.colleges.ca and I saw that all Ontario colleges needs you do WES for your transcript.pls how true is that for People that has applied via this Same link?amd how do I send my transcript to them?email?courier? And to what mailing address? Or do I send my travscrips directly to the school??pls help it's urgent

Pls help, I need answers? Or does anyone know of a college in Ontario that doesn't request for WES ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Flawless1988: 1:31pm On Apr 28, 2017
chimah3:
For those that got a letter from the embassy asking for additional bank assurance letter and CBN letter...

Please do the following:

1. Get a Reference letter from your bank or Sponsors bank (If sponsored)
2. Get your sponsor to write an attestation letter stating that they are still willing to support you.
3. Get a more recent bank statement (If you have a dorm account with converted funds PLEASE include it too and state in the cover letter you are going to write that those funds have already been converted for part or wholly for your required 10000 CAD living expense)
4. Attach this CBN circular that shows you are able to carry up to 10000USD (https://www.cbn.gov.ng/out/2015/ccd/money%20laundering%20press%20release.pdf)
5.Attach this CBN circular that also shows you are entitled to 4000 USD FROM CBN when your visa is approved (https://www.cbn.gov.ng/out/2017/ccd/circular%20on%20new%20policy%20on%20pta%20school%20fees.pdf)
6. Attach confirmation letter from school showing you have paid your school fees and Attach receipt if you feel its necessary.
7. Write a cover letter explaining all Ive said here, also write and assurance them that the necessary funds are available and you promise funding will not be an issue. (Future SOP writer please always spell this point out in BOLD). #Tip

When this is done...Please come and share your success story. It shall all end in praise!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Hiccups: 1:54pm On Apr 28, 2017
Rocorleone:

Look up the professors in the department you'd want to apply to

Have looked up, looks like only two have areas of research with full scholarship.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 1:55pm On Apr 28, 2017
michV:
.Austin...I need further clarification on this.. are you saying that if I am employed and after showing my payslips and employment letters, in the situation of being sponsored that I should leave out my account statement? I also agree with you that when money is being transferred by my sponsor to my personal account and presenting it during visa application, solves out the issue. but in a situation when there was no transfer of such manner you spoke on, are you saying that personal acct statement is not necessary? I have witnessed refusals for such mistakes on the ground of ''personal assets and finances''. I do know I can always do without payslips when being sponsored and just add my personal account statement. clarify me
What i actually tried to point out is that there should be a significant reason to include any financial document we choose to include. The SOLE reason why SOA, payslips etc should be included is to show that we can meet the requirement of sufficient funds for study or will be able to generate funds to meet the requirement and nothing more. So the funds generation or availability for canada is the paramount thing.

Once you are sponsored and sponsor's SOA meet that requirement(s), it satisfies the financial demand already for atleast a year. Any further financial document by applicant can show that he/she also earns or have been earning money while working. It strengthen and broaden 'current employment situation' to include income status. If you can't show that, then by all means, add other assets if you have. It will suffice as 'personal asset' The duty of sponsorship would have been taken care of already by sponsor.

Also, a document attesting to the fact that yes indeed, you were employed in any organisation is sufficient.

As long as a sponsor pledges total commitment financially to applicant, the burden automatically lies on the sponsor to fulfill such responsibility irrespective of whether applicant's SOA is included or not. IRCC officers will focus more on the person providing fund and make sure it complies with their act.

Payslips, SOA is to show proof that one can generate REQUIRED funds or proof of a tie to something especially when you are self sponsored. If the required funds(tuition+living expenses) is not shown, it will be insignificant even if you earn a fat pay monthly.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adefolakemi: 1:59pm On Apr 28, 2017
VeecThorr:
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a response from MSVU, Nova Scotia? I applied since over a month ago but only just paid the application fee last week.

Your application isn't considered until you have paid your application fee. What course did you apply for and what session? Fall or Winter?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by VeecThorr(m): 2:04pm On Apr 28, 2017
Adefolakemi:

Your application isn't considered until you have paid your application fee. What course did you apply for and what session? Fall or Winter?
Fall. I paid the application fee last week btw.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by samjumbo: 2:04pm On Apr 28, 2017
Austinpee4:

Why not make a bank draft in convertible currency payable to your instituition or transfer all the funds to your student account in canada. This way, you will not have to show any bank statement since you are self sponsored and all required funds would have been domiciled in canada. That will give you a good chance.

please austinpee4 this is my only chance of avoiding to many questions, surrounding my available funds as self sponsored. I have over 11 million as a self sponsored person to apply but how do i get to open a canadian bank account to lodge in the money? and am sure that will not count for 6 months right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 2:14pm On Apr 28, 2017
samjumbo:

please austinpee4 this is my only chance of avioding to many questions, how do i open a canadian student bank account. cos my school says they are yet to release the official school fees for 2017, that its by summer 2017. i can pay them therefore i guess
Find out if they have partnership with Western Union Business Solution to remit funds from international students. If they do, get the quotation in USD of the equivalent of your tuition as written on you offer letter, take it to you bank and they will transfer it directly to your student account. Once the fee schedule for your school is out, they will only deduct from your account.

Also take note, the maximum funds transfer for fees. Other means are available i believe.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by simeon83: 2:15pm On Apr 28, 2017
chimah3:

That is why it is called being sponsored and that is why you guys give the visa officer room to deny you guys visa because they start checking your income and using it to determine if it is a good enough tie to make you come back. I'm referring to a case where your salary isn't sensible...just like a case of the person who asked the question. But if you earn well...PLEASE by all means put in your payslip in your application.

Putting a payslip of a salary of 50000 or 20000 naira is plain stupid...Reason it!!!

And please i'm speaking from experience, I helped a friend package his application in Feb. Told him not to include his payslip as i usually do because he had a sponsor and his visa came out on Wednesday...So i speak from experience. and this is the second successful one!
@chimal3 pls o would like to ask some qiestions from you,pls I need your phone number ...thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Samo16: 2:17pm On Apr 28, 2017
It depends on the program. Admissions have been sent out. However admissions are given on a rolling basis depending on the choice of program. So you can contact your department or the grad studies coordinator. Most especially if you're planning for this fall semester.

VeecThorr:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 28, 2017
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, been on this thread before, left and now I'm back. I need clarifications from the gurus here.

Graduated in 2008 with a 2:2 in Accounting (Last two years were abysmal)
Worked ever since as both an internal and external auditor

Now I want to go for an MBA in Canada and I'm aware I won't meet the requirements for UG score, how else can one attain this? I'm also aware that a PGD will raise a red flag considering my work experience. This is the dilemma I face right now, someone please help out.

Thanks @michv @folaroyal @osemigho @Austinpee etc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by VeecThorr(m): 3:08pm On Apr 28, 2017
Samo16:
It depends on the program. Admissions have been sent out. However admissions are given on a rolling basis depending on the choice of program. So you can contact your department or the grad studies coordinator. Most especially if you're planning for this fall semester.

It's undergrad. I'll check on their website how to contact the appropriate personnel.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Samo16: 3:16pm On Apr 28, 2017
Alright you should.

VeecThorr:

It's undergrad. I'll check on their website how to contact the appropriate personnel.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 28, 2017
Austinpee4:

What i actually tried to point out is that there should be a significant reason to include any financial document we choose to include. The SOLE reason why SOA, payslips etc should be included is to show that we can meet the requirement of sufficient funds for study or will be able to generate funds to meet the requirement and nothing more. So the funds generation or availability for canada is the paramount thing. That why you see an applicant that have the entire funds for program approved.
Austin my gee...did you say that we choose to include or should I not say that is required to include?
your whole write up is like an applicant who just wrote 4pages of SOP without the VO seeing that key point he/she wants...lol.. don't take me serious my bro.

Austin.. you have made points but what I want to hear in essence is, are you saying on here that applicants who are employed and have shown the necessary employment related documents should not add their personal account statement despite being sponsored?.. YES/NO this is what I want to here conclusively!!! those sponsoring their selves are of exception on this. If your answer becomes NO, I ll be very afraid
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by o2(f): 3:17pm On Apr 28, 2017
Hello house. Please for those of us who are submitting paper application. Can the forms be filled with biro?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 3:46pm On Apr 28, 2017
michV:
Austin my gee...did you say that we choose to include or should I not say that is required to include?
your whole write up is like an applicant who just wrote 4pages of SOP without the VO seeing that key point he/she wants...lol.. don't take me serious my bro.

Austin.. you have made points but what I want to hear in essence is, are you saying on here that applicants who are employed and have shown the necessary employment related documents should not add their personal account statement despite being sponsored?.. YES/NO this is what I want to here conclusively!!! those sponsoring their selves are of exception on this. If your answer becomes NO, I ll be very afraid
Lol. Baba, you are still asking the same questions i have given explanations to already. You just missed it. Each document should serve a purpose! Each applicant should understand their profile!

I for an instance have been working and i only showed evidence of being employed in all the organisations i claimed.(employment/recommendation letter) I didn't add salary SOA and all. I did so because i had a sponsor who had all the funds required by IRCC and my application was approved.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dimpules8: 3:49pm On Apr 28, 2017
o2:
Hello house. Please for those of us who are submitting paper application. Can the forms be filled with biro?

What if your handwriting is like chickenscratch to d VO.
On that note, safest to type all

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yamen21(m): 4:05pm On Apr 28, 2017
Submitted application (paper route) on 13th Jan. Upfront medicals passed by 27th Jan.
No info since.
I'm resuming on 8th may.

Please I desperately need advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 4:22pm On Apr 28, 2017
yamen21:
Submitted application (paper route) on 13th Jan. Upfront medicals passed by 27th Jan.
No info since.
I'm resuming on 8th may.

Please I desperately need advice.

Is ur application still within the processing time?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ugolinze123(m): 5:01pm On Apr 28, 2017
DEAR NAIRALANDERS IF U ARE PLANNING TO TRAVEL TO CANADA VIA A STUDY PERMIT WITHOUT PAYING YOUR TUITION FROM NIGERIA JUST FORGET IT CUZ THINGS HAVE CHANGED
JUST GOT THIS LETTER THIS WEEK FROM SOMEBODY I WAS HELPING OUT

This is in reference to your application for a temporary residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Due to currency controls in effect in Nigeria, you must provide proof of having paid your entire tuition for the first academic year AS WELL AS one of the following: 1) a letter from a Canadian financial institution stating that living expenses for the upcoming academic year* are on deposit in the your name and a bank statement for the Canadian account; 2) a bank draft in foreign convertible currency for living expenses for the upcoming academic year* made payable to you; or 3) written assurance from the your bank that living expenses for the upcoming academic year* are on deposit as well as written assurance from the Central Bank of Nigeria that you will be permitted to export this amount. *For greater clarity, “living expenses for the upcoming academic year” means $10,000 CAD for 12 months or, if your course is shorter than 12 months, $833 CAD for each month of study. This must be received at this office by: 2017/05/26

Please note:
Submission in person will not be accepted anymore.
You must submit your information/document by e-mail to the following address accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
You must provide the above information/documents within the time given. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number in your e-mail. All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jj17cv(m): 5:07pm On Apr 28, 2017
CIC what is going on this is too much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Is2bEe(m): 5:21pm On Apr 28, 2017
The requirement is that it should be electronically filled.. So follow the simple instructions
o2:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by gbsunmonu: 5:27pm On Apr 28, 2017
Hello Gurus

Please when can some pick up is documents at VFS

Document got dispatched from Accra since April 19 and no mail or sms from VFS to that effect.

Kindly assist with useful info
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Is2bEe(m): 5:28pm On Apr 28, 2017
ugolinze123:
DEAR NAIRALANDERS IF U ARE PLANNING TO TRAVEL TO CANADA VIA A STUDY PERMIT WITHOUT PAYING YOUR TUITION FROM NIGERIA JUST FORGET IT CUZ THINGS HAVE CHANGED
JUST GOT THIS LETTER THIS WEEK FROM SOMEBODY I WAS HELPING OUT

This is now becoming official.. Interesting!

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.