Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (879500 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 12:04am On May 05, 2017
mimshack2015:

Please, how many months left to resumption date before you deferred your previous admission? advise pls
2 months to resumption
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by aliACCA: 12:13am On May 05, 2017
CanadianNurse:
in my own opinion I think all CIC is trying to do is to make sure that 1)The cash is available 2)The cash will be exported when needed without using CBN policy as excuse

So I think the dorm account and a written Refrence from your bank will do but most schools might soon start adjusting there rules because it's clear that the schools conform to CIC rules before they can get a DLI to host international students... When there is a clash between school rules and CIC rules then CIC rules overrides

Congrat bro/sis on your Medial/Evidence of Fees Payment request as you get closer to your TRV approval ''God willing''. I will admonish u to try and pay part of fees(at least first semester or first year fees) if you have the means to do so, in addition to showing a dom account if that's how u intend to respond to this request.

Goodluck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 12:22am On May 05, 2017
Newman1010:
@Austinpee4, don't you think it would be a plus to present a new SOA with funds still intact as at the time of application? This can further prove that the funds were not fixed solely for the purpose of application.

Just thinking

Well, for the embassy to request just the letters and assurances, they are convinced the funds are still available. They only want to be sure the available funds in the SOA presented will be available in canada especially with the forex policy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 12:29am On May 05, 2017
aliACCA:

Congrat bro/sis on your Medial/Evidence of Fees Payment request as you get closer to your TRV approval ''God willing''. I will admonish u to try and pay part of fees(at least first semester or first year fees) if you have the means to do so, in addition to showing a dom account if that's how u intend to respond to this request.

Goodluck

firstly I already paid half of the fees but I'm just gonna complete it

Secondly, must it be a dom account? So if you no get dom u no go study for Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by adiukuonyebuchi: 2:15am On May 05, 2017
Newman1010:
@tommee, check humber college, Conestoga and go through the DLIs on cic.gc.ca. There are so many colleges in Canada, check other provinces. Send mails to the department to determine eligibility before you apply for admission.
Also stop searching for only two years programs. PR will sort itself when you eventually get there.

College of the Rockies British Columbia,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by adiukuonyebuchi: 2:20am On May 05, 2017
Aig84:
What School pls?

College of the Rockies British Columbia
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by adiukuonyebuchi: 2:28am On May 05, 2017
Eraytee:

you are good to go, but it would make more sense if that leave letter can be included, it forms part of your hometie as regards returning to Nigeria and still back to your work, I dont know the content of your SOP but i think it should include the necessity of the proposed program as pertain to your career advancement and all, as regards the deeds of agreement of the land, try and get it Notarized for authenticity sake.

please my brother, I have my own company that i want to face after graduating and that was why i did not ask my office about leave letter. I spelt it out in my SOP. The deed of agreement you spoke about could have been my best bite but i do not know how to go about it now because time is fast going for my application, I dont know how many days it will take for the deed of agreement to be ready
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by adiukuonyebuchi: 2:30am On May 05, 2017
please Gurus in the house, how do i go about validating my documents please. I stay in Abuja, How best can i get this done? Is it with foreign affairs? please i need clue

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by cheapphones: 7:59am On May 05, 2017
tuzinde:

hello,
see link below for application review path. I applied July 15th for MASc and got MEng offer Nov 29th
https://graduate.carleton.ca/apply-online/application-status/
Wow that's quite long, yeah I actually do check the site you quoted and for my admission status too, it says it's being reviewed by the department. I later sent a mail to them and they said same.
I guess they just take long to respond generally then, but I was worried cos I'm used to 6-8 weeks. I'd keep checking and waiting then. Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by sunvick(m): 8:19am On May 05, 2017
It funny how you have to make contradictory assertion in one sentence in a bid to slight someone!!! cool cool

Osemigho:

If you are a religious follower of this thread, you won't ask this question.

They are the same in different format.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jerryzone(m): 8:23am On May 05, 2017
Austinpee4:

I don't think that will be necessary. If they needed a new SOA, it would have been requested for. Only provide what they request.

@Austinpee4 please during my first application I created a cic account,, I recently reapplied and my new application is yet to reflect on the account do I need to create another account or re-synchronize it again ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 9:31am On May 05, 2017
atiteb4:
what's the name of the school u applied for

UBC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Danoluwa(m): 9:40am On May 05, 2017
hello great people, Pls is there anyone heading to University of Regina? I need some clarifications on the application process. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 9:41am On May 05, 2017
goodnews1111:
I thought cases are being attended to on a first come first serve basis. How come someone who applied 28 march is receiving medical mail b4 someone who appreciate lied 1st march?

My dear it's only God's doing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Danoluwa(m): 9:43am On May 05, 2017
Darrelah:

Darrelah Msc systems engineering April 3rd , online route

Boss how are you doing. I sent you a pm. Needed some details about the application for University of Regina working January, 2018. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by goodnews1111: 10:29am On May 05, 2017
Rocorleone:

My dear it's only God's doing
What do you mean by appreciate lie? Ain't there people in the house who applied before 28th? Wise up men.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tobyharwe(m): 10:47am On May 05, 2017
Google 'notary publics in Abuja', you will find a list of them, call to check for their availability and the cost of notarizing your docs before visiting their addresses. I did mine 5k per doc though someone mentioned here that s/he did it 2k each.

adiukuonyebuchi:
please Gurus in the house, how do i go about validating my documents please. I stay in Abuja, How best can i get this done? Is it with foreign affairs? please i need clue
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by aliACCA: 10:59am On May 05, 2017
Jerryzone:

@Austinpee4 please during my first application I created a cic account,, I recently reapplied and my new application is yet to reflect on the account do I need to create another account or re-synchronize it again ?

you have to link the new application to your cic account... click on ''link application to this account''
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by aliACCA: 11:10am On May 05, 2017
CanadianNurse:
firstly I already paid half of the fees but I'm just gonna complete it

Secondly, must it be a dom account? So if you no get dom u no go study for Canada?

good.. grin grin

It must not necessary be a dom account once you can convince the VO that the fund is readily available to you via the possible options given to you in the letter . I mentioned dom because u mentioned it your post.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by judebebo32: 11:26am On May 05, 2017
I am confused house I did my biometrics yesterday ( 03/05). I received this message today someone please help me explain cos it's too sudden to believe.
Here I see the message

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ManTiger(m): 11:34am On May 05, 2017
judebebo32:
I am confused house I did my biometrics yesterday ( 03/05). I received this message today someone please help me explain cos it's too sudden to believe.
Here I see the message
Without medical? This could be human error/Gods favor.

I just checked ur profile. You submitted outside Nigeria for a Ph.D, full funding.

Your case is different so do I.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by emekavictoreze(m): 11:38am On May 05, 2017
pattosky008:
I got admission for a pgd program in seneca college. Paid for my first term and waited patiently for my reciept which they sent on 28th april. I just submitted my documents at Lagos VAC today. Hopeful for positive outcome. Tho I discovered this thread last night. I don't think I have any complications.

I also got admission to the same school. How can i contact you privately so we can exchage ideas
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yamen21(m): 11:39am On May 05, 2017
No message yet from CIC. Its the 16th week already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by judebebo32: 11:40am On May 05, 2017
emekavictoreze:

I also got admission to the same school. How can i contact you privately so we can exchage ideas
One thing I didn't tell you guys is
1. I don't need Medicals reason is because I lived in UK and Estonia for the past two years I have not been in nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jj17cv(m): 11:40am On May 05, 2017
@JudeBebo32

where did you apply ? really without medical request something is going on
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by judebebo32: 11:40am On May 05, 2017
ManTiger:

Without medical? This could be human error/Gods favor.
I don't need to do medical because I have lived in UK and Estonia for the last two years I have not travelled to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ManTiger(m): 11:43am On May 05, 2017
judebebo32:

I don't need to do medical because I have lived in UK and Estonia for the last two years I have not travelled to Nigeria.
CorrectMan, I like the suffix of your moniker "Bebo32"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 11:44am On May 05, 2017
judebebo32:

Where did you submit your app? UK or Estonia?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ManTiger(m): 11:45am On May 05, 2017
jj17cv:
@mantiger

where did you apply ? really without medical request something is going on
I'm not the moniker its JudeBebo32
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 11:51am On May 05, 2017
judebebo32:

One thing I didn't tell you guys is
1. I don't need Medicals reason is because I lived in UK and Estonia for the past two years I have not been in nigeria.
If this is the case, do as they require of you. Send in your passport. I think your application has been approved.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by judebebo32: 11:53am On May 05, 2017
ManTiger:

I'm not the moniker its JudeBebo32

I applied from Poland.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 11:57am On May 05, 2017
Jerryzone:

No, you don't have to. Your current account is valid for all CIC application even after you get your study permit.

If your re-application was a paper application, link it through your account. If it was online, you definitely would have use the account you have to apply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.