Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (879421 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jj17cv(m): 11:57am On May 05, 2017
@Yamen21
You better send them mail I don see 7months application for here ooo still under d processing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 11:59am On May 05, 2017
judebebo32:

I applied from Poland.
congrats bro, your TRV is almost ready with Poland 5wks processing time.. God please show us Naija applicant favor, we dont want to wait forever before getting a positive response. my respect goes to all TRV hopefuls. it will end in praise!!!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by omojehovah(m): 12:25pm On May 05, 2017
Danoluwa:
hello great people, Pls is there anyone heading to University of Regina? I need some clarifications on the application process. Thanks.

Yelz.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 05, 2017
Hello House. Please those that received email from CIC to get letters from your bank-
please can you share your experience? Were you able to get the letters? Was it easy to get?
Did it have all the info and was it acceptable to CIC? This will help upcoming TRV hopefuls. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 1:00pm On May 05, 2017
emeify:
Hello House. Please those that received email from CIC to get letters from your bank-
please can you share your experience? Were you able to get the letters? Was it easy to get?
Did it have all the info and was it acceptable to CIC? This will help upcoming TRV hopefuls. Thanks
that's the assignment I'm undergoing now..... Looking for ways to tackle the issue

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eastcoast1: 2:38pm On May 05, 2017
Good afternoon my people, please how do I get back my passport from Cic? They have been processing my application now for the past 7months and now I need my passport for an official assignment. Please how do I get my passport back and what are those things I need to tell them to get it back? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 2:38pm On May 05, 2017
Austinpee4:

I doubt so much CBN will issue a letter to an individual. So just attach the circular as it is.

Personally, i feel that circular from CBN does not completely address the embassy's concerns. It will only help to understand the measures taken by the apex bank to make forex available for tuition and other invisible transactions.(They probably would have seen that circular since they are aware of the new forex policy).

From that email from the embassy, the written assurances has to be specific about the applicant's possibility of transferring the funds to canada. This is where the applicant's bank will come in and clear the doubts with assurances and vehemence.

That circular from CBN should be helpful but the commercial bank letter assuring the embassy of transfering funds will most appropraitely address this growing concern. I strongly believe so.

I actually went to Gtbank to see d manger and see if they can issue a letter but they said the highest they can do is to block the money In the account(hence it won't be accessible to u) and then write a letter stating the MONEY will be AVAILABLE for TRANSFER but CAN'T SAY if FOREX will be available only Buhari can say dat. Lol. However, they can raise a draft in CONVERTIBLE CURRENCY ! But FIRST BANK said they don't issue draft

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 3:13pm On May 05, 2017
Now that CIC has gone wild grin, my wife(Ayoola03) was asked to submit a new letter of acceptance, coupled
with tuition payment evidence and evidence of living expenses as shown in the attached image

BACKGROUND

My wife was admitted for a full funding program which was stated in the Funding letter offered by the faculty. "TUITION for two years and 13000CAD per year as living expenses".

How best can we tackle this request from Cic? Gurus please, come to our aid ooooo.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Newman1010: 3:18pm On May 05, 2017
@Sugaro, you can get a USD dollar or Canadian dollar draft from gtbank but you will have to purchase dollar from the black market and deposit into your dom account.
Also no bank will give a guarantee on your behalf to the embassy. They can be held liable if you can't pay fees in Canada.

Sugaro:

I actually went to Gtbank to see d manger and see if they can issue a letter but they said the highest they can do is to block the money In the account(hence it won't be accessible to u) and then write a letter stating the MONEY will be AVAILABLE for TRANSFER but CAN'T SAY if FOREX will be available only Buhari can say dat. Lol. However, they can raise a draft in CONVERTIBLE CURRENCY ! But FIRST BANK said they don't issue draft

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Newman1010: 3:31pm On May 05, 2017
@Markab,
First contact the school to provide a new acceptance letter.
Also get the school to provide a funding letter addressed to the embassy. The letter should that the program is fully funded (tuition and living expense). You can also get a dollar draft of USD 5000-10000 as proof of personal funds.

Congrats in advance

Markab:
Now that CIC has gone wild grin, my wife(Ayoola03) was asked to submit a new letter of acceptance, coupled
with tuition payment evidence and evidence of living expenses as shown in the attached image

BACKGROUND

My wife was admitted for a full funding program which was stated in the Funding letter offered by the faculty. "TUITION for two years and 13000CAD per year as living expenses".

How best can we tackle this request from Cic? Gurus please, come to our aid ooooo.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 3:33pm On May 05, 2017
Sugaro:

I really won't blame any bank. They are under serious regulation. But i think the bold statement will really suffice is anyone can get their bank to issue a draft for the amount required.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 3:36pm On May 05, 2017
Newman1010:
@Sugaro, you can get a USD dollar or Canadian dollar draft from gtbank but you will have to purchase dollar from the black market and deposit into your dom account.
Also no bank will give a guarantee on your behalf to the embassy. They can be held liable if you can't pay fees in Canada.

I agree with you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 05, 2017
CanadianNurse:
that's the assignment I'm undergoing now..... Looking for ways to tackle the issue

so how far have you gone with it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Folumade1: 3:54pm On May 05, 2017
amii131:
I have been asking here has anyone applied to humber college and how long did it take. sad sad...look at the mail the school sent to me they stopped recieveing applications from Nigerians on Aprill 18th I paid and submitted mine on 19th due to application fee money transfer issue

Humber College

Dear Student,

We are unable to process your application for the September 2017 (Fall) term start due to delayed Canadian Immigration processing times. Processing times are available here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/students.asp.

If you already have a study permit and will not be impacted by these processing times then please email us with the subject line "I ALREADY HAVE A STUDY PERMIT" and we will process your application for the September start.

If you would like us to consider your application for the January 2018 (Winter) term please first review the program availability list to confirm your program is open at http://international.humber.ca/study-in-canada/program-availability.html and email us at international@humber.ca with your program choice. Please state ?Deferral?, your Humber Number, and the program you would like to attend in the subject line of your email as this will help us to process your change request quickly.

If you have any questions please contact international@humber.ca. We look forward to seeing you at Humber in the future.

Regards,

Melina Trindade
International Admissions Advisor

Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning

205 Humber College Blvd, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M9W 5L7

+1.416.675.6622 x 5748 | melina.trindade@humber.c

i applied at humber it took me just 4 days to get my admission letter, my case might be different though coz, i have been an applicant since 2010. but even the new one i applied for this last year and this year it only took about few days.

i think they are aware that CIC do not attend to TRV applications on time from Naija anymore sha

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Newman1010: 3:59pm On May 05, 2017
I think the embassy is trying to ensure that every applicant has sufficient funds to survive in Canada for one year. I just took time to read their request and I noticed they requested for only two documents.

1) proof of tuition payment for the first year
and
2) a letter from your school acknowledging receipt of living expense OR bank draft OR guarantee from a bank(hard to get).

To tackle this, pay your tuition for the first year and cut a dollar draft as proof of living expense or transfer your living expense fund to your school. Shikina.

To school in Canada henceforth, you need to have MONEY or FUNDING. This is now the reality.

Markab:

BACKGROUND

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Folumade1: 4:02pm On May 05, 2017
adiukuonyebuchi:

please my brother, I have my own company that i want to face after graduating and that was why i did not ask my office about leave letter. I spelt it out in my SOP. The deed of agreement you spoke about could have been my best bite but i do not know how to go about it now because time is fast going for my application, I dont know how many days it will take for the deed of agreement to be ready

laughing in spanish @ the statement you have your company to face after graduation lwkmd ( swear say you won come back to Naija) just teasing you bro, i think you just include the leave letter

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Folumade1: 4:04pm On May 05, 2017
Osemigho:
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
2. Sundaydammy submission 13th oct, 2016 paper PGD mohawk college,
3. Ayos16, Submitted 22nd Dec,2016, Upfront Medical.
4. Atrapon January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
5. Ayoola03, 12th Jan, MESc UofWestern Ontario, paper route, Upfront Medical (passed).
6. Yamen21, Jan 13th, MSc MUN, Paper route, upfront medicals passed 27th Jan
7.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
8. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route. Medical mail 24th April.
9. Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
10. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals.
11. Yemdogg, February 21, MA, CMU, Paper Route.
12. Piethewitch, March 8th, ....Durham College, Paper route, Approved.
13. Proxy, March 11, PGC Georgian College, Online Route.
14. Akanmu2013, 14th march,online PGD Seneca college
15. Osemigho, March 14, MA, UofCalgary, Upfront Medical passed.
16. Trexxbanks,March 14th,PGD,Durham college,online route
17. Maxicon, March 14, PGD UWinnipeg, Upfront Medical, Paper route
18. Newman10100(lil bro), March 22, Master of Comp.sc URegina, online route.
19. Canadian nurse, March 28,university of Manitoba, paper route. Medical and Evidence of fee payment request on 04/05/2017.
20. Kprake9, March 29, Pilot training, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
21. bdcity2, march 30, PGD, NSCC, paper route
22. aliACCA, March 31, MA, UoM, Paper Route, Upfront Medical Passed.
23. Ozzy 2, April 3rd, LLM, York University, Paper Route, Upfront Medical passed.
24. Darrelah, April 3rd, MSc, University of Regina, Online route
25. Maziude, April 17th, phd, uottawa,onliine route, Medical mail on 24/04/2017. Medical passed 2/5/2017
26. Kranjar, April 18, MA, UNB, paper route, upfront medical.
27. Ope100, April 19th, College Diploma, Holland College, Online route.
28. newman1010 , April 22 Master of Finance, SMU, online route.
29. CPA01, April 25th, MBA, University of New Brunswick, paper route
30. Gfeuxay, April 27th, pgc, Centennial college, Paper route.
31. Tobyharze, April 28, PGC, Conestoga college, paper route, upfront medical.
32. Judebebo32 , April 28 , PhD University of Saskatchewan, online route.
33. O2, May 2, Post Baccaleurate diploma Thompson Rivers University, paper route
34. Folumade1, 2nd attempt paper route April 19, upfront medical Humber College PGC Global Business Management.

Congrats to those approved, the delayed should repackage, restrategise, and reapply.

when you submit your TRV Application kindly update the house on your timeline.

It will end with praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Holyfield1(m): 4:10pm On May 05, 2017
Eastcoast1:
Good afternoon my people, please how do I get back my passport from Cic? They have been processing my application now for the past 7months and now I need my passport for an official assignment. Please how do I get my passport back and what are those things I need to tell them to get it back? Thanks.
7 months? That has passed the processing time, Kindly go to this website vfsglobal.ca to track your application, If it has been dispatched which i suppose should be the case except you did medical upfront.. If dispatched, go to the your Canada Visa Application Centre with your photocopied passport data page to get your documents back

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Judgepelumi(m): 4:14pm On May 05, 2017
Eraytee:

congrats bro, your TRV is almost ready with Poland 5wks processing time.. God please show us Naija applicant favor, we dont want to wait forever before getting a positive response. my respect goes to all TRV hopefuls. it will end in praise!!!
Lol...e no reach 5weeks sef
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Benstone: 4:14pm On May 05, 2017
Hello house. I will love to share a bitter truth on this thread.
First. this is not a good time to apply for Canada TRV. Pls all applicants should be calm for a while until things changes.
secondly, If you can't exercise patience, please apply for Australia or any oda country.
Moreover, Things were not like before any longer , am talking of 2 years ago etc, when it's all about good news on this thread.
Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by galileeteo(m): 4:14pm On May 05, 2017
Good day guys.
I need a solid advice on how to go about my academic pursue in Canada. I already applied to holland college in PEI to study accounting technology which is 2yrs diploma. I only have 3m to sponsor myself.I plan to work while studying to enhance myself. Pls how do I go about it as I dont have body to assist me?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by AAOL: 4:14pm On May 05, 2017
Newman1010:
I think the embassy is trying to ensure that every applicant has sufficient funds to survive in Canada for one year. I just took time to read their request and I noticed they requested for only two documents.

1) proof of tuition payment for the first year
and
2) a letter from your school acknowledging receipt of living expense OR bank draft OR guarantee from a bank(hard to get).

To tackle this, pay your tuition for the first year and cut a dollar draft as proof of living expense or transfer your living expense fund to your school. Shikina.

To school in Canada henceforth, you need to have MONEY or FUNDING. This is now the reality.

Well said bro.

Another suggestion:

1. Pay you Tuition fees

2. Request for a letter called Banker's confirmation letter from the bank. In this letter, the bank will state amount in deposit with the bank. Banker's confirmation letter is very easy to get from the bank.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Judgepelumi(m): 4:16pm On May 05, 2017
emeify:
Why do i feel this cic bank assurance request applies to those who havent paid fees & dont have direct sponsors like parents/siblings, rather third parties.like uncles/aunties and extended. angry undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by AAOL: 4:16pm On May 05, 2017
3. Then write a well structured letter stating the funds in your account is for your living expenses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Judgepelumi(m): 4:28pm On May 05, 2017
yamen21:
No message yet from CIC. Its the 16th week already
Ur App is just 15weeks & 3days. Intensify in more prayers smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oluwaCanny: 4:39pm On May 05, 2017
Osemigho:
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
2. Sundaydammy submission 13th oct, 2016 paper PGD mohawk college,
3. Ayos16, Submitted 22nd Dec,2016, Upfront Medical.
4. Atrapon January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
5. Ayoola03, 12th Jan, MESc UofWestern Ontario, paper route, Upfront Medical (passed).
6. Yamen21, Jan 13th, MSc MUN, Paper route, upfront medicals passed 27th Jan
7.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
8. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route. Medical mail 24th April.
9. Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
10. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals.
11. Yemdogg, February 21, MA, CMU, Paper Route.
12. Piethewitch, March 8th, ....Durham College, Paper route, Approved.
13. Proxy, March 11, PGC Georgian College, Online Route.
14. Akanmu2013, 14th march,online PGD Seneca college
15. Osemigho, March 14, MA, UofCalgary, Upfront Medical passed.
16. Trexxbanks,March 14th,PGD,Durham college,online route
17. Maxicon, March 14, PGD UWinnipeg, Upfront Medical, Paper route
18. Newman10100(lil bro), March 22, Master of Comp.sc URegina, online route.
19. Canadian nurse, March 28,university of Manitoba, paper route. Medical and Evidence of fee payment request on 04/05/2017.
20. Kprake9, March 29, Pilot training, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
21. bdcity2, march 30, PGD, NSCC, paper route
22. aliACCA, March 31, MA, UoM, Paper Route, Upfront Medical Passed.
23. Ozzy 2, April 3rd, LLM, York University, Paper Route, Upfront Medical passed.
24. Darrelah, April 3rd, MSc, University of Regina, Online route
25. Maziude, April 17th, phd, uottawa,onliine route, Medical mail on 24/04/2017. Medical passed 2/5/2017
26. Kranjar, April 18, MA, UNB, paper route, upfront medical.
27. Ope100, April 19th, College Diploma, Holland College, Online route.
28. Folumade1, April 19, Humber College PGC Global Business Management, Paper route, upfront medical
29. newman1010 , April 22 Master of Finance, SMU, online route.
30. CPA01, April 25th, MBA, University of New Brunswick, paper route
31. Gfeuxay, April 27th, pgc, Centennial college, Paper route.
32. Tobyharze, April 28, PGC, Conestoga college, paper route, upfront medical.
33. Judebebo32 , April 28 , PhD University of Saskatchewan, online route.
34. O2, May 2, Post Baccaleurate diploma Thompson Rivers University, paper route
35. tysaxmalomo, May 2, MA, CMU, Online route

Congrats to those approved, the delayed should repackage, restrategise, and reapply.

when you submit your TRV Application kindly update the house on your timeline.

It will end with praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 4:47pm On May 05, 2017
AAOL:

Well said bro.

Another suggestion:

1. Pay you Tuition fees

2. Request for a letter called Banker's confirmation letter from the bank. In this letter, the bank will state amount in deposit with the bank. Banker's confirmation letter is very easy to get from the bank.
I would believe that for the embassy to send the email requesting assurances to export funds, they have no doubt whatsoever that funds are available. Where the main issue lie is, will the required funds be available in canada with the forex policy??

I also believe that this email will not be sent to all applicants. Only applicants whose application is at the verge of being approved but have not shown financial availability either in canada or exportable assurances /evidence will get the email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by AAOL: 4:54pm On May 05, 2017
Austinpee4:

I would believe for the embassy to send they email requesting assurances to export funds, the have no doubt whatsoever that funds are available. Where the main issue lie is, will the required funds be available in canada with the forex policy??

I also believe that this email will not be sent to all applicants. Only applicants whose application is at the verge of being approved but have not shown financial availability either in canada or exportable assurances /evidence will get the email.

Dats true bro. All CBN circulars and correspondences can be included to prove that the funds can be exported.

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.