Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,582 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (879483 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 5:00pm On May 05, 2017
Benstone:
Hello house. I will love to share a bitter truth on this thread.
First. this is not a good time to apply for Canada TRV. Pls all applicants should be calm for a while until things changes.
secondly, If you can't exercise patience, please apply for Australia or any oda country.
Moreover, Things were not like before any longer , am talking of 2 years ago etc, when it's all about good news on this thread.
Good luck.
Bro what's ur basics for saying this is not the he rite tym to apply? well lots if people have been accepted and more will still he accepted so u shouldn't because some few people were refused say this isn't the rite time to apply . Pls don't mislead people here . Best of luck everyone and try to pay ur tuition fee atleast

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Judgepelumi(m): 6:07pm On May 05, 2017
Austinpee4:

I would believe for the embassy to send the email requesting assurances to export funds, they have no doubt whatsoever that funds are available. Where the main issue lie is, will the required funds be available in canada with the forex policy??

I also believe that this email will not be sent to all applicants. Only applicants whose application is at the verge of being approved but have not shown financial availability either in canada or exportable assurances /evidence will get the email.
You've spoken well sire
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 6:16pm On May 05, 2017
emeify:

so how far have you gone with it?
I will face that one on Monday through out next week... I made sure I did my medicals today! Although I got two circulars from CBN in PDF Format sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 6:21pm On May 05, 2017
Judgepelumi:

Why do i feel this cic bank assurance request applies to those who havent paid fees & dont have direct sponsors like parents/siblings, rather third parties.like uncles/aunties and extended. angry undecided
for your info my father is my sponsor and I paid half of my tuition..... It's general

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by atiteb4: 6:43pm On May 05, 2017
Rocorleone:

UBC
bro am kindly waiting for u to inbox me ur Whatsapp number to my gmail atitebiridwan@gmail.com.....i gat lots to discuss with u bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 6:59pm On May 05, 2017
CanadianNurse:
I will face that one on Monday through out next week... I made sure I did my medicals today! Although I got two circulars from CBN in PDF Format sha
My question is this, what about an applicant whose tuition(a yr) was paid by his brother in the US with evidence of transfer from his account to d applicants student account. Will this policy still hold for such applicant?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 7:00pm On May 05, 2017
Thank you boss. Request for Deferral sent

Newman1010:
@Markab,
First contact the school to provide a new acceptance letter.
Also get the school to provide a funding letter addressed to the embassy. The letter should that the program is fully funded (tuition and living expense). You can also get a dollar draft of USD 5000-10000 as proof of personal funds.

Congrats in advance

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 7:19pm On May 05, 2017
Eraytee:

My question is this, what about an applicant whose tuition(a yr) was paid by his brother in the US with evidence of transfer from his account to d applicants student account. Will this policy still hold for such applicant?
from my own perspective I think once the tuition fee for one year has been paid then it reduces the strain you just have to prove available and exportable funds for living expenses... In the letter everywhere they wrote one year tuition or one year expenses they asterisk it with ✳

Meaning that's the bullet point they want you to be stable for Atleast one year and it must have been prompted by either change in forex policies or reports from unstable Nigerians in Canada who haven't even stayed up to 1year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Joshcoli(m): 7:25pm On May 05, 2017
Sugaro:

I actually went to Gtbank to see d manger and see if they can issue a letter but they said the highest they can do is to block the money In the account(hence it won't be accessible to u) and then write a letter stating the MONEY will be AVAILABLE for TRANSFER but CAN'T SAY if FOREX will be available only Buhari can say dat. Lol. However, they can raise a draft in CONVERTIBLE CURRENCY ! But FIRST BANK said they don't issue draft

I also went to my bank standard chattered bank... they said they can't issue such letter they would only advice I open a dom account....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Rocorleone: 7:49pm On May 05, 2017
atiteb4:
bro am kindly waiting for u to inbox me ur Whatsapp number to my gmail atitebiridwan@gmail.com.....i gat lots to discuss with u bro.

reply your mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 05, 2017
mcobex:
Bro what's ur basics for saying this is not the he rite tym to apply? well lots if people have been accepted and more will still he accepted so u shouldn't because some few people were refused say this isn't the rite time to apply . Pls don't mislead people here . Best of luck everyone and try to pay ur tuition fee atleast
abeg warn that moniker well, which kind okpata yarn be that.. applicants here dey on tension mood, him wan carry fuel pour for hot stove.. undecided
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mandoy(m): 9:20pm On May 05, 2017
hello house, I received this mail this evening, what could this mean

There have been no updates to your application. since you last checked your account. Thank you for your patience.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Judgepelumi(m): 9:26pm On May 05, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Pls can u share the link or please send to my mail @damiefashe@gmail.com.
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 9:36pm On May 05, 2017
Pls what about an applicant whose sponsors have paid 2yrs tuition, transferred PART of d quoted amount and d individual has well over 10k CAD as balance In his(benefactor) SOA. Do u think VO will frown as to why the sponsor hasn't transferred all the quoted amount once? Though he intends to that later?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by atiteb4: 9:50pm On May 05, 2017
Rocorleone:

reply your mail
have replied u back sir....check ur mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bibaxx: 9:51pm On May 05, 2017
Good evening house. I'm new on this forum. I recently gained admission towards September 2017. I want to ask if I should apply for my study visa and my husband's spousal open work permit at the same time or I should apply for only my study visa first, then apply for his own later. do you guys think it makes any difference? thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Arcayo: 9:58pm On May 05, 2017
First Application - November 27, 2015.
Refused
Reason - Purpose of visit, Travel history
Second Application - March 8, 2016.
Refused
Reason - Purpose of visit.
Applied for GCMS Note and got reply on 18th June 2016
Third Application - June 19, 2016.
Approved 30th August 2016
Intended program - Construction Management
School - Conestoga college
All applications were online
Application to SINP (PNP) - July 22nd 2016
Fourth Application (Permanent residency)- October 14th 2016
Medical Passed - Oct. 17th 2016
Additional Document request (Schedule 4) - Oct 20th 2016
PPR - May 5th 2017

Thank you guys I really appreciate you all....... I wish all TRV hopefuls success

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bibaxx: 10:00pm On May 05, 2017
Arcayo:
Refused
Refused
Fourth Application
(Permanent residency)- October 14th 2016
PPR - May 5th 2017

Thank you guys I really appreciate you all....... I wish all TRV hopefuls success

congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bibaxx: 10:02pm On May 05, 2017
bibaxx:
Good evening house. I'm new on this forum. I recently gained admission towards September 2017. I want to ask if I should apply for my study visa and my husband's spousal open work permit at the same time or I should apply for only my study visa first, then apply for his own later. do you guys think it makes any difference? thank you.

please guys, share your opinion. thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Pstcozzy: 10:39pm On May 05, 2017
Greetings to the good ad intelligent people of this forum.
I am putting my documents together to apply for a student visa.
I need clarification as well as advice on the following.

1. What's the differences between the letter to the high commissioner and SOP, do I need to write the two, should they be addressed the same way?

2. I'm a bsc holder in ICT field, i applied for a masters degree but was unsuccessful at the end.
Then i applied and got admission to do
two professional program both in the same college In Toronto (Network System Administrator Prgm and the second is Child and Youth Service Program).
Both for d duration of one year.
Which of the two programs should I use to apply for the visa, I would have luv to change career, my reason for applying for the second prgm.

3. Does my sponsor ( my eldest bro) need to swear any affidavit to add to the sponsor letter he's giving me, cos I heard a friend of mine saying she submitted for hers?

4. Do I need to submit tax certificate or its just my sponsor that will submit his own?

5. I'm working in a private firm and I wasn't given any employment letter, how do I go about this cos I understand I'm to submit one and my boss pays by hand via envelope.

6. Please I need access to IMM 5257 Visa form and IMM 1294 Study permit form as I could not download them online. (You can request for my mail to send it to if you have it, thanks).

Please guys, I'm working towards next week Friday to submit my application.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by aliACCA: 10:40pm On May 05, 2017
Arcayo:
Refused
Refused

wow.. im soooo happy for u mehhhn.. That's the real definition of never give up...!!

Wish u all the best kiss kiss kiss and may this be the beginning of goodnews in the house for those of us awaiting news from CIC shocked grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 11:32pm On May 05, 2017
Judgepelumi:

Thanks in advance
I think I saw the link here on chimah3 post but I'll send an email right away
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Judgepelumi(m): 11:35pm On May 05, 2017
CanadianNurse:
I think I saw the link here on chimah3 post but I'll send an email right away
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tayonani: 11:42pm On May 05, 2017
Good evening my brothers n sisters, I applied this time last year and was delayed for purpose of visit, ,insufficient funds and ties
My documents were
Waec cert
One &HND in mass common
Employment letter as regional sales manager ,marriage cert and child birth cert,
Project manager cert
My program then was Undergraduate in Business Admin,
Now to address d problem, I found a school in NBCC and I could strive hard to pay my school fees( PGD) but the Sch does not have bus Mgt program, the close to my area is business Analyst, and international business, so house which of the two program can I run ? And again my company claim they post to the business analyst post if need be. Pls ur honest advise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 11:53pm On May 05, 2017
Arcayo:
Refused
Refused
PPR - May 5th 2017

Congrats!

Thank you for sharing your news. I am sure you have motivated many.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 11:55pm On May 05, 2017
aliACCA:

may this be the beginning of goodnews in the house for those of us awaiting news from CIC shocked grin

Amen.

Edit: Bracing is for bad impact. We rebuke that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by adiukuonyebuchi: 12:15am On May 06, 2017
Folumade1:

laughing in spanish @ the statement you have your company to face after graduation lwkmd ( swear say you won come back to Naija) just teasing you bro, i think you just include the leave letter

okay brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mandoy(m): 12:47am On May 06, 2017
Arcayo:
Refused
Refused
PPR - May 5th 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mandoy(m): 12:49am On May 06, 2017
Arcayo:
Refused
Refused
PPR - May 5th 2017

happy for you bro

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by westgermany: 1:03am On May 06, 2017
Judgepelumi:

Thanks in advance
please I beg in the name of our creator send me the link adeyemiwasiu210@yahoo.com

Thanks...

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.