Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,962 members, 7,832,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (884864 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ope100(m): 9:42am On May 09, 2017
POS is not allowed. It should be about 56k something . I will advise you hold 60K. That will be more than enough. Regards
napoleonsmart:
Good morning house, heading to Lekki to help my brother submit today via paper route

Please how much is the application fee , I mean naira equivalent and do they allow POS payment over there or I must go with cash?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:45am On May 09, 2017
@Chigrad not a guru or anything like that, I just think the choice of program is the issue here, they probably feel you should attain higher if you actually want to go study.
mcobex:
I don't know why the vo thinks 3 years as a business development analyst isn't enough to show progression to your intended program. Pls gurus in the house can share more light on this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 9:47am On May 09, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:50am On May 09, 2017
I think experts here have answered your questions and allayed your fears, please what School were you admitted in? 38k for MBA is one of the cheapest I've seen. is it UVIC?
bosbebe:
good day,

Getting documentation ready for submission latest Friday, My hubby paid 10k USD into my dom acct for living expenses and paid a year tuition (21,000 CAD) total tuition is $38,000 CAD for MBA(dual) andhis corporate acount closing balance is 25m. my final questions are;

1. should I apply with my son and leave my two daugthers or with non of them (they all have visiting expiring in November 2017)
2. can I use my birth certificate issued at birth by my church or I need to get from the NPC
3. My hubby is using his business bank statement and a reference letter from bank stating he is sole signatory, is it compulsory to include a company tax returns
4. Do I have to include his property documents as well?

Will appreciate your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:50am On May 09, 2017
I think experts here have answered your questions and allayed your fears, please what School were you admitted in? 38k for MBA is one of the cheapest I've seen. is it UVIC or MUN?
bosbebe:
good day,

Getting documentation ready for submission latest Friday, My hubby paid 10k USD into my dom acct for living expenses and paid a year tuition (21,000 CAD) total tuition is $38,000 CAD for MBA(dual) andhis corporate acount closing balance is 25m. my final questions are;

1. should I apply with my son and leave my two daugthers or with non of them (they all have visiting expiring in November 2017)
2. can I use my birth certificate issued at birth by my church or I need to get from the NPC
3. My hubby is using his business bank statement and a reference letter from bank stating he is sole signatory, is it compulsory to include a company tax returns
4. Do I have to include his property documents as well?

Will appreciate your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mumtwins08: 9:52am On May 09, 2017
Hello everyone .. Please does an 8 month old baby need Medicals . Also I schooled in the uk for 1 year . Do I need a police clearance from there ? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by westgermany: 9:59am On May 09, 2017
Hello my people, , I intend submitting my application via paper submission please I like to know where my SOP and sponsors letter would be addressed to also where it would be submitted to?

Secondly am leaving my 2yrs old daughter behind with my husband,would the VO not think she is to young to be left behind....pls guys I need your advice....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CPA01: 10:46am On May 09, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Good morning house, ON THE ISSUE OF WRITTEN ASSURANCE FROM BANK THAT CIC REQUESTED FOR

Please who has gotten the written assurance? And what are the possible steps to get the written assurance

From my own interpretation CIC is asking for assurance that the money will be "ALLOWED" out of the country, they have no doubt that the money is available but the possibility of exporting the cash is what they want to confirm!

I once heard someone talk about bankers assurance on this forum! What's that? Will it fly in this case and how can one get it!

Please gurus we should deliberate on this an have a formula for tackling this on this forum for the sake of future applicants because this is reality! It is now a requirement!

Cc:@justwise @osemigho @austinepee4 @michv @folaroyal @thesoj @yemdogg @eraytee @penitential @mikymiko @mcobex @nelly28

Let me tell you how I will go about this without any stress.

1. I will pay tuition fees for first year and make available the remaining balance for living expenses in my account, preferable a dollar account but I wouldnt mind if I have it in my naira account.

2. I will walk up to my bank and request for a letter called Banker's Confirmation Letter. This letter will confirm that you run an account with the bank and with amount you have in deposit with the bank Assuming the funds in your account is for your living expenses.

3. I will search for relevant circulars from CBN confirming I can export funds and get funds for PTA easily.

4. I will then write a well structured letter confirming the funds in my account is for my living expenses in Canada and attach all documents stated above.

*** I wouldn't disturb myself one bit after putting forward these documents.

*** I believe i will be allowed to give additional proof on my living expenses at the POE but till then.

*** If the VO is not still satisfied then he should return my passport so I can move on with my life.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by einsteino(m): 11:29am On May 09, 2017
andre99:
#55,470 cash payment, but i'll advise u go with more than that incase u may need to make photocopies and u can't make payment on a POS machine.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 11:38am On May 09, 2017
westgermany:
Hello my people, , I intend submitting my application via paper submission please I like to know where my SOP and sponsors letter would be addressed to also where it would be submitted to?

Secondly am leaving my 2yrs old daughter behind with my husband,would the VO not think she is to young to be left behind....pls guys I need your advice....
Your SOP should be an informal letter requiring no address but a title of 'statement of purpose/intent' while your sponsor's letter can be addressed formally to

'The visa officer,
Immigration, Refugee and citizenship canada,
Canadian embassy,
Accra, Ghana or Lagos,Nigeria'

You will submit your complete application at the canadian visa office either in Lagos or Abuja.

To your second question, a VO will have no business in anything that does not involve your study permit application. Your family issue won't be their concern. Unless a family member or members want to go with you to canada then things must add up otherwise, go ahead with your application and worry less about the VO's thought towards your child. It won't even cross their mind. Your application will be the main focus.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mumtwins08: 11:58am On May 09, 2017
Also is there a minimum number of months the money has to be in the bank ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by einsteino(m): 12:08pm On May 09, 2017
in a situation were one has multiple sponsors, how would the sponsorship letter look like? do they each have to state what aspect of his expenses they are going to cater for and how much they would allocate for it? in my case I am thinking of using about 3 sponsors, my dad, uncle and cousin. I am having a hard time drafting this out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 12:21pm On May 09, 2017
einsteino:
in a situation were one has multiple sponsors, how would the sponsorship letter look like? do they each have to state what aspect of his expenses they are going to cater for and how much they would allocate for it? in my case I am thinking of using about 3 sponsors, my dad, uncle and cousin. I am having a hard time drafting this out.
all three sponsors will write their own letter of support stating how much they are giving (individually) for ur study
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 12:26pm On May 09, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Good morning house, ON THE ISSUE OF WRITTEN ASSURANCE FROM BANK THAT CIC REQUESTED FOR

Please who has gotten the written assurance? And what are the possible steps to get the written assurance

From my own interpretation CIC is asking for assurance that the money will be "ALLOWED" out of the country, they have no doubt that the money is available but the possibility of exporting the cash is what they want to confirm!

I once heard someone talk about bankers assurance on this forum! What's that? Will it fly in this case and how can one get it!

Please gurus we should deliberate on this an have a formula for tackling this on this forum for the sake of future applicants because this is reality! It is now a requirement!

Cc:@justwise @osemigho @austinepee4 @michv @folaroyal @thesoj @yemdogg @eraytee @penitential @mikymiko @mcobex @nelly28
I think it for us to show the bank the message from cic and let the bank include the assurance part in the reference letter they are suppose to give. Also I feel paying of tuition fee is very key to this except in a case where the school don't accept tuition fee until visa has been approved
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by sundaydammy: 12:36pm On May 09, 2017
Thanks bro
mcobex:
am so sorry about it bro. Pls try and check other countries who most likely don't share info with canada and apply as I know u might not want to wait for canada for the next 5 years or so. It will all end in praise. Damn the agent that did this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 12:48pm On May 09, 2017
Genius000:

1: Seems Spouse Open Work Permit is the deal here any single lady? cool( let me come to Nigeria and marry you.

2: The research here is not easy oo I need to review over 200 papers. My supervisor weak me cry God dey sha
Cheers.

1: lolz. That moment you see opportunity in being married.

Congrats bro. We hope and pray to reply from that side too by September. God bless.

It will end with praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 12:52pm On May 09, 2017
Iykechukwuma:
Good morning everyone, please I am new in this forum and I really need you guys to put me through in some certain things. After going through google I decided to choose MUN. I'm looking forward to applying by the ending of this year against next year but I will like to know like how much I need to Budget and how to start.

Welcome. Amount varies depending on your proposed program funding level and your GPA. It can be as low as #500,000 and as high as #10million.

Start by finding out the requirements and funding level of your program in all Canadian university, one by one. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 12:58pm On May 09, 2017
matic12:
Good morning house, I was offered pre masters admission at university of manitoba cos my gpa wasn't up to the minimum requirement of the faculty of graduate studies.....

Haven't had of pre-masters here on this thread... Hope the VO wont have second thought about it?

Congrats on your admission. It exist here and the way you present it to the VO is a major determinant of its outcome but I want to believe it will be better if the program is a progression from your previous study. Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by einsteino(m): 1:00pm On May 09, 2017
mcobex:
all three sponsors will write their own letter of support stating how much they are giving (individually) for ur study

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 1:02pm On May 09, 2017
CanadianNurse:

Please ... we should deliberate on this an have a formula for tackling this on this forum for the sake of future applicants because this is reality! It is now a requirement!

I have no idea about how to handle it. However, I will advise anybody in that situation to review multiple advises, given here and other webpages, to develop a comprehensive strategy. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Damienkings(m): 1:08pm On May 09, 2017
Good day everyone thanks for your support on this forum so far. i have few questions concerning the application of Canada study visa. my sister is my sponsor for my visa application to Canada please i want to know if:
1) She can use her local government of origin if she just made it recently?
2) She can use her CAC certificate she just got from her business she has been running for four years?
thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by westgermany: 1:20pm On May 09, 2017
Austinpee4:

Your SOP should be an informal letter requiring no address but a title of 'statement of purpose/intent' while your sponsor's letter can be addressed formally to

'The visa officer,
Immigration, Refugee and citizenship canada,
Canadian embassy,
Accra, Ghana or Lagos,Nigeria'

You will submit your complete application at the canadian visa office either in Lagos or Abuja.

To your second question, a VO will have no business in anything that does not involve your study permit application. Your family issue won't be their concern. Unless a family member or members want to go with you to canada then things must add up otherwise, go ahead with your application and worry less about the VO's thought towards your child. It won't even cross their mind. Your application will be the main focus.
God bless you more sir,swift response to every question here is so amazing...pls help me with the address to the submission center,and someone told me we can submit tru bfs Abi it,s vsf not sure ....
Thanks...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 1:30pm On May 09, 2017
westgermany:
God bless you more sir,swift response to every question here is so amazing...pls help me with the address to the submission center,and someone told me we can submit tru bfs Abi it,s vsf not sure ....
Thanks...
It's VFS. Yes, you will submit your paper application and give your biometrics there.

Emmm, i'm not too sure of where the one in lagos is located but heard it's in lekki.( guyz here can help you with the exact location).

If you reside in Abj, their office is on the 2nd floor of silverbird galleria building, the complex where shoprite central area is located.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 1:39pm On May 09, 2017
Damienkings:
Good day everyone thanks for your support on this forum so far. i have few questions concerning the application of Canada study visa. my sister is my sponsor for my visa application to Canada please i want to know if:
1) She can use her local government of origin if she just made it recently?
2) She can use her CAC certificate she just got from her business she has been running for four years?
thanks
1.Yes,she can. Any document to show here nativity is fine. Besides, her international passport is enough proof of identity/citizenship.

2. She absolutely can. It's an official document from the government that has proven and shown her tie to her claimed occupation/business which makes it legitimate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 2:13pm On May 09, 2017
Sharles:

Pls what is GCMS file. I have been hearing that since. What is it used for and how do they order for it. Thanks

GCMS is "Global Case Management System" :dis is a file or a note dat is been draft by a VO after carefully reviewing ur application, his view regarding ur application is ur GCMS file. if ur wish to order follow d link http://gcmsnow.com/
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Abdon01(m): 2:17pm On May 09, 2017
Hello everyone,

Actually I'm new here and this is my 1st post, I recently applied for a student visa some weeks back, what should I do next please and if there's probably any whatsapp group the admin can add me to for up-to-date info, I don't mind.
Thanks guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by omohakin: 2:20pm On May 09, 2017
Hello house.

For those who have paid their tuition as the trend for CiC, what rate were you charged for your PTA through Form A and also how long did the process take after raising your teller. Information needed ASAP.

Thanks guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 2:25pm On May 09, 2017
thesoj:
Hey bro, smiling mood activated here too. grin

[s]I am always happy to be proven wrong but it's not clear to me how a postgraduate diploma is different from a post bacc diploma except in name only. I do stand corrected if I am mistaken, however.[/s]

On second thought you are right that they are not equivalent... I googled it and it appears that just one school in Canada offers this exact course and the same school also has a graduate diploma which they consider to be higher than the post bacc. Thanks for the correction!

Having said that, switching to a PGD won't automatically solve his problems (though I agree with you that the program level is also likely an issue), though switching to masters would help. But in either case, @chinograd needs to write a strong SOP explicitly justifying his desired educational trajectory.

From my unscientific observation of this thread over the past ~two years, PGD visa applicants in business administration or international business management or human resources management seem to get denied a lot. To me the reason is almost obvious, it is difficult to make a case to the VO that you need to go to Canada to study these courses at the PGD level. It is not impossible to get a TRV for these courses, but the application has to be extremely well put together. So yes I'd suggest he go for a masters or an MBA if he really wants to gain unique knowledge, given his three years of experience.

Smiling mood..I notice dat too Baba, U are rite not much for me too add, I'm on d same view.'
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by olalives(m): 2:26pm On May 09, 2017
Please anyone with admission in UCW?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 2:30pm On May 09, 2017
CPA01:

Let me tell you how I will go about this without any stress.

1. I will pay tuition fees for first year and make available the remaining balance for living expenses in my account, preferable a dollar account but I wouldnt mind if I have it in my naira account.

2. I will walk up to my bank and request for a letter called Banker's Confirmation Letter. This letter will confirm that you run an account with the bank and with amount you have in deposit with the bank Assuming the funds in your account is for your living expenses.

3. I will search for relevant circulars from CBN confirming I can export funds and get funds for PTA easily.

4. I will then write a well structured letter confirming the funds in my account is for my living expenses in Canada and attach all documents stated above.

*** I wouldn't disturb myself one bit after putting forward these documents.

*** I believe i will be allowed to give additional proof on my living expenses at the POE but till then.

*** If the VO is not still satisfied then he should return my passport so I can move on with my life.

ok so how much will you put in the account to cover 10k cad? Will you use the banks exchange rate? I wish to know
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 2:31pm On May 09, 2017
Osemigho:

I have no idea about how to handle it. However, I will advise anybody in that situation to review multiple advises, given here and other webpages, to develop a comprehensive strategy. Thank you.
ok thanks... Other Web pages such as?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 2:33pm On May 09, 2017
chigrad:
I couldn't get admission into any school that offered Masters cos I finished with a 2:2. Thought Post Baccalaureate Diploma was also equivalent to a PgD. Pls what can I do. Are there schools that would admit me for a Masters degree with a 2:2

Bro point of correction to ur statement it not equivalent, since u ve 2.2 masters is ruled out, order ur GCMS file and match it with a gud SOP ( articulating ur points and reasons y u decide to choose such degree and program at dis point) u can gv it to more dey 2 or 3 people to review for u, dere is no harm in trying, I believe in Grace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.