Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,902 members, 7,841,380 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (889514 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 2:36pm On May 09, 2017
chigrad:
Pls how do I order for my GCMS file
http://gcmsnow.com/
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by BRANDYAK: 2:43pm On May 09, 2017
Good morning pips I can see the house is waxing strong, bravo to all the gurus and upcoming gurus.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by BRANDYAK: 2:47pm On May 09, 2017
Genius000:
Who needs GCMS notes?

I can help you apply from my end and you pay only $5. Just quote me if interested don't PM.

My own way of giving back to the house. cheesy

Canada is sweet ooo grin just that you need to develop yourself before coming here.

A goat in Nigeria will not become a lion here.

Seems Spouse Open Work Permit is the deal here any single lady? cool( let me come to Nigeria and marry you.

The research here is not easy oo I need to review over 200 papers. My supervisor weak me cry God dey sha.

I don't do PMs for now just post your question and quote me il take it up when I am chanced.

Cheers.

Good day bro I need your help with GCMS file please help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nwugon(f): 3:02pm On May 09, 2017
My application was rejected today
Purpose of visit
Travel history.
MA university of Regina with Funding,
Fall 2017.
Submitted March 27th.
Sponsor (brother) statement 15m

My SOA 1.4m
Married with 3kids.
Travelled to Ivory coast,Togo,Egypt,Kenya.
My people what is all this? Because this is confusing.
Going for masters in the same course I studied in my undergraduate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by BRANDYAK: 3:03pm On May 09, 2017
@thesoj I happen to come from a bilingual country Cameroon, where anglophones go for GCE ordinary and advance level. The advance level is equivalent to baccalaureate which you attain b4 entry in to the university. So baccalaureate is equal to GCE advance level. Therefore post baccalaureate is equal to a bachelors degree.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nwugon(f): 3:05pm On May 09, 2017
Bro please I need help with gcms note.thanks

quote author=Genius000 post=56339257]Who needs GCMS notes?

I can help you apply from my end and you pay only $5. Just quote me if interested don't PM.

My own way of giving back to the house. cheesy

Canada is sweet ooo grin just that you need to develop yourself before coming here.

A goat in Nigeria will not become a lion here.

Seems Spouse Open Work Permit is the deal here any single lady? cool( let me come to Nigeria and marry you.

The research here is not easy oo I need to review over 200 papers. My supervisor weak me cry God dey sha.

I don't do PMs for now just post your question and quote me il take it up when I am chanced.

Cheers.[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 3:11pm On May 09, 2017
nwugon:
Purpose of visit
Travel history.
Fall 2017.
Submitted March 27th.

My SOA 1.4m
Married with 3kids.
What is your current work experience and what is your intended program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 3:17pm On May 09, 2017
nwugon:
Purpose of visit
Travel history.
Fall 2017.
Submitted March 27th.

My SOA 1.4m
Married with 3kids.
Canada is becoming iffy with visa things ooooh. Do u mean you got funding and was still rejected? Was it a full funding?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nwugon(f): 3:25pm On May 09, 2017
I work as an Admin/Relationship executive in a Telecom company and am going for masters in French language.
uote author=Austinpee4 post=56356281]
What is your current work experience and what is your intended program? [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 3:31pm On May 09, 2017
Austinpee4:

It's VFS....

Emmm, i'm not too sure of where the one in lagos is located but heard it's in lekki...

Around Ikate roundabout, Lekki-Ajah Expressway, Lekki, Lagos.

For precise address, please, Google VAC Canada Lagos.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 3:33pm On May 09, 2017
Abdon01:
Hello everyone,

Actually I'm new here and this is my 1st post, I recently applied for a student visa some weeks back, what should I do next please and if there's probably any whatsapp group the admin can add me to for up-to-date info, I don't mind.
Thanks guys
First, all u can do now is PRAY and wait. secondly, I don't know of any whatsapp group for now. U can get all the up-to-date info here. just try and read past pages and u will be shock with the "massive" info u will come across then come back and ask any question u feel like

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 09, 2017
Sorry about the delay bro, Is there a correlation btw your work experience and your intended program? If there is, was it detailed in your SOP?
because looking at it from a layman point of view, I do not see any correlation at first look. I will def need someone to shed light on how they are related, maybe the VO felt the same way, but if it was detailed in your SOP then I can't think of why your application will be delayed for Purpose of visit, you can order your gcms and find out for sure.....gurus please help here.
nwugon:
I work as an Admin/Relationship executive in a Telecom company and am going for masters in French language.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 3:36pm On May 09, 2017
nwugon:
I think a well detailed sop would have helped, though I don't know how detailed ur sop was . Sorry for the delay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 3:37pm On May 09, 2017
nwugon:
Haba! Brother! You sef check am nau.. If you were a VO, would you consider your move convincing enough?

French language is not a lingua franca in nigeria, your current work experience is not in line with your intended program, you don't have any experience in either french lecturing or translation. There is no way this one will fly! No amount of grammar put together in your SOP will salvage this one.

French language master or traning can easily be gotten in nigeria or the next francophone nation. No VO will see any need for you to pursue this at masters level especially since you don't have direct work need and more over in canada where you will be spending huge funds to obtain.

Anyway, your next move should be a masters in what you are currently doing. It will show progression careerwise.
Forget consistency with your undergraduate degree. It is inconsequential at this stage.

Your current work experience should be inclining towards making you a 'MASTER' in the field. All academic/career advancement MUST be in this light and nothing more.

All the same, i'll advice you get your immigration file(GCMS) ASAP. It will tend to the inconsistencies.
Once it is ready, people here will help you make a better re-application.

Regards.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 3:39pm On May 09, 2017
nwugon:
Purpose of visit
Travel history.
Fall 2017.
Submitted March 27th.

My SOA 1.4m
Married with 3kids.
Your app timeline seems very fast. Did you apply from Nigeria?
Please request GCMS. However, something say I should ask if you stated that all your family members will follow you. Did you?
Edited: Ok. French.... How long have you been working as admin?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 3:43pm On May 09, 2017
Austinpee4:

Haba! Brother! You sef check am nau.. If you were a VO, would you consider your move convincing enough?

French language is not a lingua franca in nigeria, your current work experience is not in line with your intended program, you don't have any experience in either french lecturing or translation. There is no way this one will fly! No amount of grammar put together in your SOP will salvage this one.

French language master or traning can easily be gotten in nigeria or the next francophone nation. No VO will see any need for you to pursue this at masters level especially in canada where you will be spending huge funds to obtain.

Anyway, you next move should be a masters in what you are currently doing. It will show progression careerwise.
Forget consistency with your undergraduate degree. It is inconsequential at this stage.

Your current work experience should be inclining towards making you a 'MASTER' in the field. All academic/career advancement MUST be in this light and nothing more.

All the same, i'll advice you get your immigration file(GCMS) ASAP. It will tend to the inconsistencies.

Regards.
what if her company have branches in some francophone contrite and her intention is to be posted to one of those branches? Well even with that she must have to explain all that in details in her sop
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 3:45pm On May 09, 2017
nwugon:
Pls where is ur company based? also where did u apply from?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CPA01: 4:03pm On May 09, 2017
CanadianNurse:
ok so how much will you put in the account to cover 10k cad? Will you use the banks exchange rate? I wish to know

I will show a at least an amount equivalent to the bank rate. 10,000*360/1.35. This is because CBN had already stated PTA rate to be 360/ USD on circular submitted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 4:04pm On May 09, 2017
mcobex:
what if her company have branches in some francophone contrite and her intention is to be posted to one of those branches? Well even with that she must have to explain all that in details in her sop
One of the main perogative of the visa officer is to make sure the program choosen by applicants is right!

Once a VO picks up the application form, sees academic and work experience,that in itself has formed the greater part of the decision about the applicant's application.

They most likely will look at the applicant's primary intentions of studying in canada before the secondary parts begin to play out. Besides, what if you spend all the millions to acquire a masters of french lang in canada and the company does not send you there but rather employ a native french speaking national resident in your desired country(This will even be economically likely for any company to do),what then happens to the master you have gotten in canada? Use it in nigeria to get another job that is not likely? (if i can think like this as an ordinary person, what will you expect of people that have been trained for such purposes)

Those visa officers see pass what we all submit as applications. Everything must add up clearly and explicitly.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 4:12pm On May 09, 2017
Austinpee4:

One of the main perogative of the visa officer is to make sure the program choosen by applicants is right!

Once a VO picks up the application form, sees academic and work experience,that in itself has formed the greater part of the decision about the applicant's application.

They most likely will look at the applicant's primary intentions of studying in canada before the secondary parts begin to play out. Besides, what if you spend all the millions to acquire a masters of french lang in canada and the company does not send you there but rather employ a native french speaking national resident in your desired country(This will even be economically likely for any company to do),what then happens to the master you have gotten in canada? Use it in nigeria to get another job that is not likely?

Those visa officers see pass what we all submit as applications. Everything must add up clearly and explicitly.
that's true . it's well

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 4:15pm On May 09, 2017
mcobex:

This is also not convincing. Masters in French Language is for people who are advanced in french language and as such, your argument would have hold much water if he was going for a certificate program which would have probably given him a foundation in the language of french. However, If he is trying to learn french for the purpose as stated by you, then a masters degree in french is too advanced for him and a bit far-fetched.

I align my thoughts on this to that of @austinpee4. I think he hit the bulls-eye.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nwugon(f): 4:22pm On May 09, 2017
Mydear I deal more on French translation and interpretation ,moreover you must be a bilingual to be able to work as a relationship executive in my place of work. And if you say one can get masters in French translation in Nigeria! Then you might as well say why are we all struggling to go for further studies in Canada since we can get almost all the courses here in Naija...I will sure order for the GcMs note as soon as possible.Thanks for the quick response.
quote author=Austinpee4 post=56357065]

French language master or traning can easily be gotten in nigeria or the next francophone nation. No VO will see any need for you to pursue this at masters level especially since you don't have direct work need and more over in canada where you will be spending huge funds to obtain.

Anyway, your next move should be a masters in what you are currently doing. It will show progression careerwise.

Regards. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 09, 2017
Study permit

Nigeria

14 week(s)

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 4:31pm On May 09, 2017
LightandDarkness:
Study permit

Nigeria

14 week(s)

Really?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nwugon(f): 4:31pm On May 09, 2017
No I did not state that my kids will be accompanying me to Canada.I have been working as an admin since 2014 to date.prior to that I was a French translator/interpreter in a military college in Nigeria,during that time ,I accompany senior officers to official visits to most of the francophone African countries as their translator.All the same I believe the Gcms would shed more light on the actual reasons for refusal.thanks.
quote author=Osemigho post=56357157]
Your app timeline seems very fast. Did you apply from Nigeria?
Please request GCMS. However, something say I should ask if you stated that all your family members will follow you. Did you?
Edited: Ok. French.... How long have you been working as admin?
[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 09, 2017
Ejaloni123:

Really?

Just checked it now. From 17 weeks to 14 weeks

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nwugon(f): 4:37pm On May 09, 2017
I have a bachelor of arts in French language with a cgpa of 4.22 I can not possibly go for a certificate program in French translation.I have my colleague and my course mate presently in the same school,studying the same course.I believe the actual reason for refusal would be stated in the gcms note.Will let you guys know once I get that.Thanks
quote author=yemdogg post=56358272]

This is also not convincing. Masters in French Language is for people who are advanced in french language and as such, your argument would have hold much water if he was going for a certificate program which would have probably given him a foundation in the language of french. However, If he is trying to learn french for the purpose as stated by you, then a masters degree in french is too advanced for him and a bit far-fetched.

I align my thoughts on this to that of @austinpee4. I think he hit the bulls-eye.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 4:38pm On May 09, 2017
LightandDarkness:

Just checked it now. From 17 weeks to 14 weeks
Yes just saw it now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yamen21(m): 4:39pm On May 09, 2017
Omo!!!!!! Mine is now 17 weeks o

Ejaloni123:

Really?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jerryzone(m): 4:42pm On May 09, 2017
Austinpee4:

Regards.

AustinPee you are nothing but the Best when it comes to advice on TRV...I wish to have a cold drink with you one of these days, you are just too good. Please PM your number or email I need to talk with you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by einsteino(m): 4:45pm On May 09, 2017
pls which of the centers has the cheapest fee for medicals.... i know say una go don dey tire for my too much questions undecided

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jerryzone(m): 4:47pm On May 09, 2017
mcobex:

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (505)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.