Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (882467 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kennynelcon(m): 6:47pm On May 23, 2017
Omoarukheo:
Hi,
I have been a silent follower of this thread and I am very impressed, kudos to everyonpe
I have questions and I'll be happy if they are answered:
1, I applied to Seneca and conestoga college for business pgd, and I studied banking and finance in school, will that fly or not
2, I haven't finished nysc and I applied against January admission, is my nysc discharge certificate a prerequisite for applying for my visa, cos I intend to apply at the end of next month, I'm serving with an audit firm and they are ready to give any document to support my application
I would humbly accept any suggestions
Thanks and God bless
NYSC is no prerequisite, consider MSC instead college students applying from NIGERIA rarely get TRV due to poor Statement of Purpose...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kennynelcon(m): 6:48pm On May 23, 2017
Omoarukheo:
Hi,
I have been a silent follower of this thread and I am very impressed, kudos to everyonpe
I have questions and I'll be happy if they are answered:
1, I applied to Seneca and conestoga college for business pgd, and I studied banking and finance in school, will that fly or not
2, I haven't finished nysc and I applied against January admission, is my nysc discharge certificate a prerequisite for applying for my visa, cos I intend to apply at the end of next month, I'm serving with an audit firm and they are ready to give any document to support my application
I would humbly accept any suggestions
Thanks and God bless
NYSC is no prerequisite, consider MSC instead college students applying from NIGERIA rarely get TRV due to poor Statement of Purpose...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Omoarukheo(f): 6:50pm On May 23, 2017
nelly28:

while not go for banking and finance directly instead of Business...my advice get a B & F, it will go a long way in reducin d sighting of purpose of visit by d VO. ..if u can't get a master's with ur gp, d pgd will b fine wit B & F and not with business. because dis period d VO' s are not smiling with Nigerians application.

2.Yea and include documents dats indicate ur service in d audit firm.. U will b fine success.

Thank you very much, I already checked and there's nothing on banking and finance that's why I chose business
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Omoarukheo(f): 6:51pm On May 23, 2017
kennynelcon:

Thank you for the advise, I have been working on my sop, and I believe it's good enough to convince the vo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MichaelFinn: 6:55pm On May 23, 2017
Adefolakemi:

I don't think anyone is saying going to college is a bad option. Getting a study visa with a college admission is what they are concerned about. We have seen it from past experiences that it is quite difficult and ones application needs to have that extra oomph before it gets approved.

I won't debate on the denial rate for college programs because I haven't been on the forum since part 10 when I applied. But I believe that most of the people that applied to colleges in the recent times all seemed to the VO that they weren't going to Canada to study or had no intentions of coming back.

My point is, Masters or PGD if your application is fishy you will get denied.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MichaelFinn: 7:00pm On May 23, 2017
michV:
@thank you very much..@..thanks for the emphasis, I would have spoken more but lemme end it to that.

@the other moniker that arrogantly questioned my post, the last time I faced such encounter was the day I made it the last time to respond and express dismay to whoever that would naively come to attack me.I have no word to say to you.

I will appreciate it if you're mature enough to address me. The point of forums like this is to help people. If you made a point I didn't agree with, it is your responsibility (that's if you're responsible cuz clearly I don't think so) to state your points clearly. Kindly refrain from being negative without critically understanding the persons options.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 7:06pm On May 23, 2017
michV:
From my above highlighted, technically i don't think you stand any chance. All I see is ''purpose of visit refusal''. I may sound blunt but it is the gospel truth I make onto you.

I would want to seize this opportunity to encourage some of you guys here especially those who must have applied with pgd/c and got refused once/twice as the case may be. The broken heart you get when refused as a result that your second class lower degree result couldn't get you masters admission in Canada and you just want to spend millions for PGD. I would want to advice such fellows to narrow their search to Europe,especially GERMANY and embrace the free tuition education in their education even in masters. As long as your CPGA is from 3.0 or better in our grading system and schools have your programs completely(100%) taught in English,you stand a big chance. Why not embrace this opportunity than continuously giving yourself emotional pains. Don't tell me language barrier b/c your international program is never taught in German and it is also easier to learn the language if you know you don't want to continue staying in naija.

I made similar post last year. 6 guys who were silent readers on this canada thread after being refused are in Germany studying their masters program, tuition free, working and earning Euros, I got to join them in their international group c*** this morning as one sent me PM yesterday. One on their behalf, who left last month told me michV that your brought hope to my life. I may want to tell you that the very same guy had 3rd class and he is now in one of the top 15 schools in Germany studying masters right now. This morning he called me again and said michV send me your account number,to be contd wink .. Germany is the giant amidst the European nations and ranked no.3 in their educational system globally. Those going for pdg/pgc on here and getting refused for visa should embrace this opportunity.

Smiling mood Broda u are rite, mostly dis period Canada VO's are not smiling, 4 dose chopping visa dis period is highly by His grace and not by ur grades. success to u all both waiting & gotten.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by odagogo: 7:07pm On May 23, 2017
westgermany:
please how do I get started?thanks

Start by filling the RBC eligibility form below
https://online.royalbank.com/cgi-bin/apply/account/open-account.cgi#/eligibility/welcome/022?lang=en

Just follow the instructions until you see the form, fill and submit it and within four business days, someone will contact you with the actual account opening form and procedures.

By sure to have two identifications (International passport, drivers licence or national id) for the process, and probably an offer letter from any Canadian University

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mcowubaba: 7:07pm On May 23, 2017
MichaelFinn:

I will appreciate it if you're mature enough to address me. The point of forums like this is to help people. If you made a point I didn't agree with, it is your responsibility (that's if you're responsible cuz clearly I don't think so) to state your points clearly. Kindly refrain from being negative without critically understanding the persons options.
Edit your quote and remove my name and also the other moniker

Mbok, We are not part of your fight
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kennynelcon(m): 7:11pm On May 23, 2017
Omoarukheo:

Thank you for the advise, I have been working on my sop, and I believe it's good enough to convince the vo
Good
Go on n apply... Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Roboma: 7:14pm On May 23, 2017
Hello everyone, please is there anyone on this forum who got admission to mount saint vincent university for September intake? Secondly , I applied for my study permit 2nd of this month. I just want to know how long it takes the VO to get back to an applicant for medical examination. Lastly, the program I applied for is a masters program , I will be 29 next month, do i stand a chance for a study permit ?Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 7:22pm On May 23, 2017
MichaelFinn:
Hello Sir, Are you're a VO or an Agent? Why're you so conclusive that she doesn't stand a chance In as much as your German option might not be a bad idea don't discourage people. I know someone in Canada here who has B.Sc and M.Sc from the U.K and is studying an Graduate Diploma Program in Project Management Program. Please can you explain why the VO granted her a Visa?

broda when was dis ur some1 granted study permits. I guess dats should b last year or last 2years
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 7:26pm On May 23, 2017
Roboma:
Hello everyone, please is there anyone on this forum who got admission to mount saint vincent university for September intake? Secondly , I applied for my study permit 2nd of this month. I just want to know how long it takes the VO to get back to an applicant for medical examination. Lastly, the program I applied for is a masters program , I will be 29 next month, do i stand a chance for a study permit ?Thank you.

Hello boss,
1) people concerned will respond.
2) No one knows long between processes within an application, however the average time frame for processing for applicants in Nigeria is around 13 weeks. Keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.
3) Age is just a number. It has nothing to do with the outcome of anything, trv approval inclusive.

All you have to do is pray to God and hope for the best.

Warm regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MichaelFinn: 7:41pm On May 23, 2017
nelly28:

broda when was dis ur some1 granted study permits. I guess dats should b last year or last 2years

It was last year. I see things have changed this year. Sometime last year there was a period when a lot of people with PGD applications were denied. Some people still got approved regardless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MichaelFinn: 7:45pm On May 23, 2017
Mcowubaba:

Edit your quote and remove my name and also the other moniker

Mbok, We are not part of your fight

Done! But this isn't a fight. Just stating my opinion. smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by AAOL: 7:53pm On May 23, 2017
MichaelFinn:

It was last year. I see things have changed this year. Sometime last year there was a period when a lot of people with PGD applications were denied. Some people still got approved regardless.

Bros how far. Am sure you are aware not more than 5 PGD/C got TRV on this thread last year. Bro, Its so difficult now. What Michv is just saying is to have a plan B. The plan B is not just PGD/C alone but even masters+PhD+funding cos these VOs are not predictable anymore.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by vinci500: 7:55pm On May 23, 2017
I did my biometrics same day. Nothing yet.
AYOT12:
Good Morning House, Am worried about the medicals I went for last week Tuesday and am yet to receive any result concerning it..And again a friend of mine did his biometrics since Jan 19( over 16weeks) now and he has not received any mail.Pls what could have caused the delay? Because the delay is really killing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ohizzyy7: 8:00pm On May 23, 2017
Good evening house,pls who recently change naira to dollar,i need assistances on how i can buy some dollars within lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tommee: 8:07pm On May 23, 2017
Omoarukheo:

@omoarukheo,

You can also share your SOP withs gurus here for review we have wonderful here like @Austinpee and Yemhdog hope i got the user names correctly sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Omoarukheo(f): 8:09pm On May 23, 2017
tommee:

@omoarukheo,

You can also share your SOP withs gurus here for review we have wonderful here like @Austinpee and Yemhdog hope i got the user names correctly sha
Thank you very much, I'll do just that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 23, 2017
Hello people,

Got into UWO.
Please I need info on paying tuition and opening a CAD bank account.
Can I pay a term's fee (their fee payment schedule is yet to be released) and how much living expenses do I need to put in the bank account?
(I will receive some funding from the school - GTA salary and school scholarship but that will be after starting school)
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MichaelFinn: 8:19pm On May 23, 2017
AAOL:

Bros how far. Am sure you are aware not more than 5 PGD/C got TRV on this thread last year. Bro, Its so difficult now. What Michv is just saying is to have a plan B. The plan B is not just PGD/C alone but even masters+PhD+funding cos these VOs are not predictable anymore.

You indeed have a point. But you will agree with me that not everyone who applies for TRV is on this forum. Some people don't even know about this thread. That been said it's good to have options in case PGD/C doesn't work out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yomcy2016(f): 8:26pm On May 23, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Please I will love to know if anyone has been able to get a foreign reference/bank assurance in any of the banks. If yes, please I will like to know how you went about it and what bank to be precise. Cos, I took the advice of one of us here and walked into the bank to make a request...two banks to be precise and they both told me that there is a template which they all follow and which is from the headquarters.

Also said it wont be feasible to change the norm.

Please in such a situation can i be advised on what do to. Cos I am running out of time as I haven't submitted my study permit application and i am suppose to resume 1st of September...

Please can anyone with a good heart advise me?

I look forward to your response.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by forumlove: 8:43pm On May 23, 2017
forumlove:
good day house, i need ur assistance. i applied through an agent on 28 January. it took 4wks for my request for biometrics whi i did on 3rd march and since then nothing. pls is something wrong? will i be refused? the agents believe i will get it but i've not been asked for medicals even. pls help me out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by forumlove: 8:44pm On May 23, 2017
gurus in da house, your advice pls. applied online with upfront medicals but seeing this in my gc account. ''Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.'' what could it mean?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adesire1: 8:47pm On May 23, 2017
Please who can help me review my sop...urgent please. Thank yuo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 8:48pm On May 23, 2017
Well, I can feel your pain. The one my wife used was issued at the big elephant bank. Though they admit funds can be exported under the cbn forex policies and the letter is issued based on trust and no staff of the bank or the bank itself should be held responsible for blah blah blah... A disclaimer as they call it. So try your luck

yomcy2016:
Hi Everyone,

Please I will love to know if anyone has been able to get a foreign reference/bank assurance in any of the banks. If yes, please I will like to know how you went about it and what bank to be precise. Cos, I took the advice of one of us here and walked into the bank to make a request...two banks to be precise and they both told me that there is a template which they all follow and which is from the headquarters.

Please in such a situation can i be advised on what do to. Cos I am running out of time as I haven't submitted my study permit application and i am suppose to resume 1st of September...

Thanks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DeCrystal1: 8:57pm On May 23, 2017
So they don't give those that gained admission to colleges visa. I've been accepted into Keyano college(uni undergraduate program) and I've submitted my online application for visa. I did my biometrics on may 8. My uncle in Canada helped me to apply.
Pls What are my chances according to experience?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oyalitit1(f): 9:01pm On May 23, 2017
Also applied to UWO....when did u get ur admission letter and what department

Got into UWO.
Please I need info on paying tuition and opening a CAD bank account.
Can I pay a term's fee (their fee payment schedule is yet to be released) and how much living expenses do I need to put in the bank account?
(I will receive some funding from the school - GTA salary and school scholarship but that will be after starting school)
Thank you. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 9:44pm On May 23, 2017
yomcy2016:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks.

You need to argue it out with them, CBN forex control policies allows you to export.... See its no a matter of what bank exactly different branches of the same bank might have different opinions on this.. It depends on how enlightened the person you meet is.... Go back to the bank open a domicillary account and ask them for Refrence in that case they should be able to add that clause that the money can be exported because money can be transferred straight to abroad from a dollar account

I pray you meet the right person sha.... Which state are you in?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 9:54pm On May 23, 2017
MichaelFinn:

sure I know, and i will stil tell u it early last year, i am not against pgd, wen applying with pgd i alway advice it should b in line, its not a most dat u most apply with master's, broda dis period my advice is pray for His grace.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 10:26pm On May 23, 2017
kennynelcon:

NYSC is no prerequisite

Oga how far haba, 've u applied b4 did u check ur check list under academy documents, do u no while somtim some people's application takes more den processing time, most times items in ur check list dat is supposed to be included dat wasn't included, not everybody ve dat grace of VO's over looking dere little error, in d said moniker's case it is applicable 2 include, well no stress.

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.