Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (878965 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Smileyin: 10:30am On May 23, 2017
Please any idea on schools with masters in Information Technology to resume september or January. please the length of time for application feedback should be short, a week to two weeks. thanks... write ur suggestions ill be expectant. Gracias Amigos...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Smileyin: 10:32am On May 23, 2017
westgermany:

@ayeopare please I need ur assistance with opening acc in canada

i am equally interested. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chimah3(m): 10:35am On May 23, 2017
For those traveling in August. Check 6th of August on travelstat.com.

Flights are as low as 230k from lagos and 202k from abuja...

You welcome.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Smileyin: 10:39am On May 23, 2017
beeflex01:
Hello, everyone, I am new on this thread. I recently for Msc in Biomedical engineering at university of Saskatchewan winter 2018. after Professor chris Zhang accepted to be my supervisor. I graduated with 2/2 I would like to know my chances for admision , also I'll need info on how to apply for scholarships.

Thanks

Hi how did u get a supervisor. and how quick do they accept?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Smileyin: 10:42am On May 23, 2017
maziude:

You should call Carleton. It is way beyond their response time.
How long is their response time?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by odagogo: 11:01am On May 23, 2017
Sugaro:
Pls do u fund d account directly from ur naira or dollar account? Cos I am jus wondering how to source dollar. Thank you

You will fund the account through a bank transfer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by odagogo: 11:06am On May 23, 2017
wealth360:
How did you do it? have been trying oooo. do I have to consider time difference.

Its quite direct , for Banl of Montreal read the guidelines below, it also contains the list of documents needed

https://www.bmo.com/home/personal/banking/everyday/newcomers-to-canada/open-account/steps

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by odagogo: 11:14am On May 23, 2017
spores99:

please what were the list of documents u submitted to open the account

I submitted the following docs to RBC

2 Identification (coloured copies of my ntl. passport and National ID), the ID has to be notarized or certified by a notary public or a lawyer respectively.

And a completed account opening form

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by samjumbo: 11:43am On May 23, 2017
Hello Guru's,

please am preparing my application package for next week. i need your help with very little info. I am submitting my statement of account as a self sponsored individual. i am a private pactitioneer/self employed physiotherapist that do home services here and dere, as well as a fully employeed physiotherapist. Here are my concerns:

1. my private practices is linked with a friends company, so clients pay to me but under my colleaques company name. thats the requirement by my board for licencing. should i submit invoice/recepit along with my application for all the transactions above 100k? will that be necessary? however, i have my personal tax clearance and our company tax clearance and etc.

2. do i need a letter of introduction from my full time paid job and my self employed paid job. remeber, i work free lance under a company that links me with clients and i work full time as a pt.

3. must i submit my tax clearance certificates from my full time job? all in all i have been working for 5years actively non stop.

Please I need your help with this questions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 11:47am On May 23, 2017
Smileyin:
Please any idea on schools with masters in Information Technology to resume september or January. please the length of time for application feedback should be short, a week to two weeks. thanks... write ur suggestions ill be expectant. Gracias Amigos...
You should start planning towards january or sept 2018. Most schools have closed their admission process for international students resuming in sept 2017.

Google will help you better in your search and also, the idea of getting masters admission within 2 weeks should be erased from your mind. It is usually not likely. Search for your program of choice, apply in time and begin the process early. Most masters admission take months to secure.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by spores99(m): 11:57am On May 23, 2017
odagogo:

I submitted the following docs to RBC

2 Identification (coloured copies of my ntl. passport and National ID), the ID has to be notarized or certified by a notary public or a lawyer respectively.

And a completed account opening form

please can u send me d link to RBC ....thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 12:05pm On May 23, 2017
samjumbo:
Hello Guru's,

please am preparing my application package for next week. i need your help with very little info. I am submitting my statement of account as a self sponsored individual. i am a private pactitioneer/self employed physiotherapist that do home services here and dere, as well as a fully employeed physiotherapist. Here are my concerns:

1. my private practices is linked with a friends company, so clients pay to me but under my colleaques company name. thats the requirement by my board for licencing. should i submit invoice/recepit along with my application for all the transactions above 100k? will that be necessary? however, i have my personal tax clearance and our company tax clearance and etc.

2. do i need a letter of introduction from my full time paid job and my self employed paid job. remeber, i work free lance under a company that links me with clients and i work full time as a pt.

3. must i submit my tax clearance certificates from my full time job? all in all i have been working for 5years actively non stop.

Please I need your help with this questions

1. You should explain how you earn your income through his company and also indicate that it's a requirement by your licensing body. Add the company documents,other financial doc and any evidence of your practicing license. Remember, you are justifying how your income is being earned.

2. It will be good if you get the introductory letter from your full time job. The company you are also engaged in free lancing can write a letter of recommendation indicating your involvement with them and not necessarily an introductory letter. Your letter of explanation should help expantiate on the self employed job. You can't be working full time in one place and full time again in another. Doesn't add up.

3. You are not obligated to include tax clearance from your full time job since you don't own it. However, if the company what to show that the are well established in nigeria and pay government levies, you can have them give you to include in your application. A reference to that should also be included in whatsoever letter they will issue on your behalf. That way, there is no confusion as to the essence of inclusion of the tax clearance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DeCrystal1: 12:26pm On May 23, 2017
AYOT12:
Good Morning House, Am worried about the medicals I went for last week Tuesday and am yet to receive any result concerning it..And again a friend of mine did his biometrics since Jan 19( over 16weeks) now and he has not received any mail.Pls what could have caused the delay? Because the delay is really killing.

Please when did you apply?
Did you do upfront medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by beeflex01: 12:40pm On May 23, 2017
Smileyin:

Hi how did u get a supervisor. and how quick do they accept?

I've done research work before, I saw a that the Professor is working on something similar to what I did.
He replied in about 24hrs after my first mail and our entire conversation took about 7days.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 12:46pm On May 23, 2017
biolar2017:
Good day Ladies/Gent.
Pls I will like to ask few questions about study permit and the documents needed for online route. What chance do I stand to gain if I paid my full 1 year tuition and accommodation ? What documents do I need to submit for the sponsor since Hes not my parents ! and is 9million# a good SOA after the payment of school fees ??

1) If you pay your fees and accommodation, your chances will increase. However, note that visa processing encompasses your entire application package not just the money. People get delayed for other reasons even though they paid their fees and have access to cash for their upkeep. Your main concern should be submitting an airtight application. And pray to God for grace and favour.

2) The gurus can help with this question

3) as answered in 1) above, the money is just one of the factors in an application. Whether it is enough is not the issue, the issue is your access to it. Also, know that the VO has all discretional power to approve your application or not irrespective of your cash.

The above is my opinion, I might be wrong though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by biolar2017: 12:50pm On May 23, 2017
Thanks Maziude! What documents did you think I should submit since an uncle is sponsoring after the payment of 1 year tuition already? Thanks
maziude:

1) If you pay your fees and accommodation, your chances will increase. However, note that visa processing encompasses your entire application package not just the money. People get delayed for other reasons even though they paid their fees and have access to cash for their upkeep. Your main concern should be submitting an airtight application. And pray to God for grace and favour.

2) The gurus can help with this question

3) as answered in 1) above, the money is just one of the factors in an application. Whether it is enough is not the issue, the issue is your access to it. Also, know that the VO has all discretional power to approve your application or not irrespective of your cash.

The above is my opinion, I might be wrong though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 12:53pm On May 23, 2017
biolar2017:
Thanks Maziude! What documents did you think I should submit since an uncle is sponsoring after the payment of 1 year tuition already? Thanks

I suppose the statement of account with balance that would cover your upkeep and other expenses for a year coupled with an affidavit of support.
@Austinpee4 and other gurus, am I right?h
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 1:01pm On May 23, 2017
ropodinho3633:
Pls house I need info about how to write ....
Introduction letter to the embassy, I'm a student in China thanks

你好,

Introduction letter with respect to what?

Also, which part of 中国 you dey?

Make una no vex...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 1:02pm On May 23, 2017
hustla:

Is it 10,000 + complete sch fees?

Yes boss. Tuition fees + 10k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Emmane: 1:09pm On May 23, 2017
Hello Gurus,

Please I need to know, what are the original document to include in the paper route submission aside you Int'l Passport and bank statements.

I was also concern about notarizing document, if they'll go alongside the originals. Is there any need to still notarize them?

Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 1:13pm On May 23, 2017
maziude:

I suppose the statement of account with balance that would cover your upkeep and other expenses for a year coupled with an affidavit of support.
@Austinpee4 and other gurus, am I right?h
Your 'On point' nature is giving nothing but good sleep. I dey your back with all living and existing logistics!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by hustla(m): 1:13pm On May 23, 2017
maziude:

Yes boss. Tuition fees + 10k

Oh boy that's insane money na
Where person wan see school fees 22k and extra 10k

32k Cad in total

Make we go rob?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 1:20pm On May 23, 2017
Emmane:
Hello Gurus,

Please I need to know, what are the original document to include in the paper route submission aside you Int'l Passport and bank statements.

I was also concern about notarizing document, if they'll go alongside the originals. Is there any need to still notarize them?

Thank you very much.
Your admission letter (you can also print a soft copy in coloured form) and any letter formally addressed to the embassy.

There is no obligation to notorize any document.(Based on the visa office instruction).Exception will be if the authenticity of the document is
not established. Eg. Issuing body, organisation, company etc.

If they have valid signatures, stamps and seals, do well to include photocopies and submit. If the embassy need specific notorization of any of your document, they will instruct you to do so.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 1:20pm On May 23, 2017
hustla:

Oh boy that's insane money na
Where person wan see school fees 22k and extra 10k

32k Cad in total

Make we go rob?

Na investment bros, you go gain am back when you enter there and finish.

Which school you dey go sef?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 1:21pm On May 23, 2017
Anyone heading to ottawa this fall?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 4tunebest(f): 2:08pm On May 23, 2017
Please I need help with respect to payment of application fee for admission into u of Manitoba. Each time I fill the Master card details and click on the submit button, a blank page comes up. I called the help desk and I was sent a document for the 'global pay' option to be taken to the bank for payment.

At the bank, I was told to continue trying the online payment option on the school's application portal. The blank page still comes up. I have been on this for over a month. Please what else can be done? I'd appreciate all the help I can get; I am running out of time. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Omoarukheo(f): 2:10pm On May 23, 2017
Hi,
I have been a silent follower of this thread and I am very impressed, kudos to everyonpe
I have questions and I'll be happy if they are answered:
1, I applied to Seneca and conestoga college for business pgd, and I studied banking and finance in school, will that fly or not
2, I haven't finished nysc and I applied against January admission, is my nysc discharge certificate a prerequisite for applying for my visa, cos I intend to apply at the end of next month, I'm serving with an audit firm and they are ready to give any document to support my application
I would humbly accept any suggestions
Thanks and God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by amnotapervert(m): 2:13pm On May 23, 2017
Omoarukheo:
Hi,
I have been a silent follower of this thread and I am very impressed, kudos to everyonpe
I have questions and I'll be happy if they are answered:
1, I applied to Seneca and conestoga college for business pgd, and I studied banking and finance in school, will that fly or not
2, I haven't finished nysc and I applied against January admission, is my nysc discharge certificate a prerequisite for applying for my visa, cos I intend to apply at the end of next month, I'm serving with an audit firm and they are ready to give any document to support my application
I would humbly accept any suggestions
Thanks and God bless
what did u finish school with ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 2:16pm On May 23, 2017
Just saw an application refused for "insufficient funds to pay for tuition" only.

Reason? Applicant was careless to print the tuition reciept from the school without noticing that the reciept number was not included in his printout. It was his fault and he acknowledged it.

I guess CIC tried to verify the payment and didn't also request a new proof of payment from him (it's possible they thought it was a smart move). Every aspect of the application was solid. Funds available and waiting in his account in canada for living expenses is $C20, 000. First year tuition fully paid but that little carelessness will cost him a new processing fee.

Abeg, make we dey check every details! Even if you took first in sightseeing, allow another person go through your application. It could save you something!

A riduculous reason of refusal. This one dey pain!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Omoarukheo(f): 2:22pm On May 23, 2017
amnotapervert:
what did u finish school with ??
I graduated from Babcock university
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by forumlove: 2:24pm On May 23, 2017
good day house, i need ur assistance. i applied through an agent on 28 January. it took 4wks for my request for biometrics whi i did on 3rd march and since then nothing. pls is something wrong? will i be refused? the agents believe i will get it but i've not been asked for medicals even. pls help me out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by westgermany: 2:38pm On May 23, 2017
odagogo:

You will fund the account through a bank transfer.
hello bro ,pls I will like to ask how long did it take for the acc to be opened, and also I will like to know how someone would retrieve is money back if visa is not issued(God forbid)...because na borrow I wan borrow the money we I want put for the account grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.