Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (880210 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Folumade1: 4:56am On Jun 01, 2017
@amnotapervert please how did you link your paper application online I have tried linking my to no avail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Emmane: 6:08am On Jun 01, 2017
NDOGO:
Hello guys, just got medical mail.
School: University of Manitoba
Fall 2017
Ms Economics

Applied for TRV: April 4
Biometrics done: April 11
Medical mail: May 31

No additional request for proof of funds.

Awesome....... God is still very faithful. I key into your testimony. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Jejelaye01: 6:39am On Jun 01, 2017
dapoddon:
I just wanna thank God and all the wonderful folks on this thread.

Timeline:
Online application: 20th April. (upfront medicals)
Biometrics :21st April
Original passport request :23rd May
Passport submission : 26th May
Approval update 31st May.

M.A Economics, U of Manitoba.

Major shout-out to Thesoj for his consistent service to this thread.

To all hopefuls, June is gonna be a great month already. May is signing out with huge testimonies.

God bless us all and may all of our dreams come through.

Congrats. Many more trv to be released this month of June.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bayocanny: 6:41am On Jun 01, 2017
Truce01:

Either prove to the boarder agent (people who will issue your permit) that you have enough funds for your return home should things not workout or get a return ticket to skip that phase. Some people travel with a one way but I`ll rather err on the side of caution.
You can only book return ticket if your program of study is less than a year..student going for masters, diploma UG and the like can book one way ticket..its safe bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Emmane: 6:41am On Jun 01, 2017
Great Testimonies here,

I am most pleased for all the good news. It can only be God. I feel you testimonies should not just end here. It's not about the TRV approval, It is about the fact that "You trusted God for something, and He came true to you". Thank God, and Congratulations to all TRV hopefuls in advance. It'll all end in praise.

To the Gurus in the House, Austinepee1, CanadianNurse, Maziude, and the rest..... I am applying via the PAPER ROUTE. 80% of Gathering my documents together. I solicit for your help with this;

- I have challenges paying for visa fees online. My GTbank says they don't do transactions above $100 a day. My Diamond Bank says they don't do international payments for now.... Both bank advises i open a Dom account which i hv no plans to. Please kindly advise on what to do. Which bank can i easily make these payments with without stress.

- I have almost all my documents ready. After a successful payment of Visa fees, what next should i do? Should i just go to Ikate (i learnt that is were the vfs office is in Lagos) and submit like that? Are there protocols, like picking a date to submit the application or something. Will I have to do biometrics at once? I'm I submitting my passport at once as well?

- Lastly, I cannot know it all, is it possible for a guru to run through my documents 1st before final submission? Submitting via the Paper route. Anyone willing to help out should please send me a mail. emmaudofia2003@gmail.com.

Thank you guys in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bayocanny: 6:42am On Jun 01, 2017
tomexy4:
Hi gurus in the house...... is it compulsory to certify all photocopies of documents i want to submit?
Documents that does not carry stamp can be notorized. Eg sponshorship letter especially if you are using third party.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bayocanny: 6:48am On Jun 01, 2017
Emmane:
Great Testimonies here,

I am most pleased for all the good news. It can only be God. I feel you testimonies should not just end here. It's not about the TRV approval, It is about the fact that "You trusted God for something, and He came true to you". Thank God, and Congratulations to all TRV hopefuls in advance. It'll all end in praise.

To the Gurus in the House, Austinepee1, CanadianNurse, Maziude, and the rest..... I am applying via the PAPER ROUTE. 80% of Gathering my documents together. I solicit for your help with this;

- I have challenges paying for visa fees online. My GTbank says they don't do transactions above $100 a day. My Diamond Bank says they don't do international payments for now.... Both bank advises i open a Dom account which i hv no plans to. Please kindly advise on what to do. Which bank can i easily make these payments with without stress.

- I have almost all my documents ready. After a successful payment of Visa fees, what next should i do? Should i just go to Ikate (i learnt that is were the vfs office is in Lagos) and submit like that? Are there protocols, like picking a date to submit the application or something. Will I have to do biometrics at once? I'm I submitting my passport at once as well?

- Lastly, I cannot know it all, is it possible for a guru to run through my documents 1st before final submission? Submitting via the Paper route. Anyone willing to help out should please send me a mail. emmaudofia2003@gmail.com.

Since you are going for paper route you don't have to pay your visa fee online, when u get to VAC you'll have to pay in cash..you don't have to book appointment with them just go there at your convinient time and make sure all your documents are intact..yes, you can actually send your documents to gurus here for vetting that way it will be easier for you to notice any loopholes in your apps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by RealObserver(m): 6:50am On Jun 01, 2017
Emmane:
Great Testimonies here,

Morning bro,
If you are submitting via paper route you do not need to pay anything online through your MasterCard, simply take your 56k along your documents to VFS's office and pay at the point of submission.

Just ensure you take all the necessary documents there with you, with that you don't have a problem.

Submitted mine in Abuja, I didn't book any appointment, I just went there and paid the said amount, did my biometrics and left... all these within 45 minutes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 7:21am On Jun 01, 2017
Congrats to everyone in the house for the positive cic replies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by helpyom(f): 7:29am On Jun 01, 2017
Truce01:
Hello All,
Reading through this thread, I will like to make the following comments.
1. You can get admission and study visas with the following credentials; (3rd class, second class up or lower, masters degree) to any graduate program as long as you meet the school requirements and its in the same or similar fields of study.

2. Canadians aren`t overly excited about credentials, they value work experience much more.

3. If your primary goal is to immigrate and you don`t have enough money for a masters degree, then by all means go for grad certificate or diploma at any college.

4. Remember 1 year program = 1 year work permit, 2 years = 3 years work permit.

5. If you are in a relationship, I strongly suggest you go get married and have your marriage certificate before you leave for school. Your spouse can join you on an open work permit which will be valid for the same duration as your study permit.

Hope someone finds these comments useful.

THIS NUMBER 5

5. If you are in a relationship, I strongly suggest you go get married and have your marriage certificate before you leave for school. Your spouse can join you on an open work permit which will be valid for the same duration as your study permit.

you mean when applying for visa or after the visa is granted then in canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 01, 2017
Good day my people,

I did biometrics yesterday. I got a mail for CIC that my account has been updated. When i logged in to check the update, i didn't see anything. Also, the biometrics status has not been updated. They still say that "an action is required". Please is anything wrong with my application? Why is biometrics status not changing to received? Why are my not seeing the update even after getting an update mail? Please gurus answer so i can calm my nerves.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 7:43am On Jun 01, 2017
KweenCee:
Good day my people,

I did biometrics yesterday. I got a mail for CIC that my account has been updated. When i logged in to check the update, i didn't see anything. Also, the biometrics status has not been updated. They still say that "an action is required". Please is anything wrong with my application? Why is biometrics status not changing to received? Why are my not seeing the update even after getting an update mail? Please gurus answer so i can calm my nerves.

Thanks.
No qualms bro, it will be updated...it happens.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 7:52am On Jun 01, 2017
NDOGO:
Fall 2017
Ms Economics

Just seeing this.....Congratulations bro.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 7:55am On Jun 01, 2017
@Osemigho, been a while, how have you been sir?

Osemigho:
Congrats to everyone in the house for the positive cic replies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by abelajayi(m): 8:08am On Jun 01, 2017
helpyom:

THIS NUMBER 5

you mean when applying for visa or after the visa is granted then in canada?
pls do you mean immediately one started schooling or after the and work permit has been granted or after school that one is now on postgraduate working permit pls give more explanation.thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by amnotapervert(m): 8:23am On Jun 01, 2017
Folumade1:
@amnotapervert please how did you link your paper application online I have tried linking my to no avail
have u created an account on CIC website...?? Its not so difficult after creating the account just search for your application that's all and link up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by helpyom(f): 8:32am On Jun 01, 2017
abelajayi:
pls do you mean immediately one started schooling or after the and work permit has been granted or after school that one is now on postgraduate working permit pls give more explanation.thanks

seeking for same info for someone ask the op
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 123bio456: 8:33am On Jun 01, 2017
123bio456:
hello all,

good evening, i have been following the news and info here.

i have a question, i applied for a study visa since August 23rd, i got a mail on 23rd of february that i didnt inform them that i was rejected at the USA embassy, they gave me 2 weeks to reply, which i did with proof that i was rejected, but till this moment nothing from them, and if i track my application is still says still processing.

please can anyone help on this my case.. it will be 10 months by 23 of june.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Gracee101: 9:17am On Jun 01, 2017
My cousin 27yrs he just finished his 1yr internship as a radiologist in USA with his statement of account can it work for bank statement cic are requesting?

The tuition is written boldly non refundable

Again I graduated with a 3rd class with a very low cgpa of 1.97 and am applying for undergraduate studies at 26yrs how about that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:30am On Jun 01, 2017
Folumade1:
@Austinpee and all enlightened NLs I am finding it difficult to link my paper application online and a call to Canada VFS office in Lagos was a major mistake, the staff was not just very rude, she hung up the phone on me.

So word on assistance for linking a paper application online will be appreciated
Create Mycic account if you don't have one already, on your profile, click on "Link existing application"

select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study permit and extension. 

Select Family name,given name and date of birth option. 
Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth, fill passport information.

Fill program start and end date as well as DLI number of the institution (found in offer letter). Your application will be found and linked.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ohizzyy7: 9:34am On Jun 01, 2017
Good morning house, i submitted my visa application this week can i do medical this week so that when they send me medical mail i will just ask the hostipal to forward the medical result or i should wait for medical mail first.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:37am On Jun 01, 2017
123bio456:

please can anyone help on this my case.. it will be 10 months by 23 of june.
You just have to wait for them to get back to you. Your case involves mis-representation and often times applicants involved in it are culpable and served with a ban from entering canada. If your responses were good enough, they could soft-pedal on the purnishment. So just wait for them. They will surely get back to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:39am On Jun 01, 2017
ohizzyy7:
Good morning house, i submitted my visa application this week can i do medical this week so that when they send me medical mail i will just ask the hostipal to forward the medical result or i should wait for medical mail first.
You can't do medicals after submitting your application. You have to wait for an instruction from the embassy. They will generate an IME(immigration medical examination) code for the hospital to use. Wait till you are instructed to proceed for one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:46am On Jun 01, 2017
Gracee101:
My cousin 27yrs he just finished his 1yr internship as a radiologist in USA with his statement of account can it work for bank statement cic are requesting?

The tuition is written boldly non refundable

Again I graduated with a 3rd class with a very low cgpa of 1.97 and am applying for undergraduate studies at 26yrs how about that?
The main essence of statement of account is to show that tuition +10,000CAD are available and also that applicant can generate enough to meet subsequent years. If your cousin intend studying in canada, his SOA must meet this requirement or atleast the sponsor's statement must meet the requirement.

Concerning you, if you are able to convince officers regarding what you have been doing prior to your intended undergraduate program, then you MAY have a chance. The burden to make your case convincing will be greater on your part. Totally up to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yamen21(m): 9:54am On Jun 01, 2017
tried sending a mail to accra immigration now. the mail was rejected.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adefolakemi: 10:13am On Jun 01, 2017
OpeLovely:

PLEASE HELP OOOO
Hi, i see that you are going to MSVU.
Since you are being sponsored I don't think it is necessary to attach any of your personal financial documents if it isn't convincing or clear enough.
A recommendation letter from your organization is a plus. Should probably put emphasis on your good performance and how you will be better with the masters degree you are going for.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 10:40am On Jun 01, 2017
abelajayi:
I think immediately u start school cos someone I know travelled Jan to join the spouse who started Sept of the previous year. U can check out the Spousal open work permit thread for further info.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 10:42am On Jun 01, 2017
vanod:

I'm PH not Lagos just sold 7k yesterday to BDC guy @375 from my Dorm acc.
Just sent u a pm.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by florentm: 10:50am On Jun 01, 2017
Sugaro:

Just sent u a pm.

Replied
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by florentm: 10:52am On Jun 01, 2017
vanod:

I'm in PH not Lagos just sold 7k yesterday to BDC guy @375 from my Dorm acc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by atiteb4: 10:55am On Jun 01, 2017
NDOGO:
Fall 2017
Ms Economics

does university of Manitoba accept second class lower? And how much is the tuition
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by atiteb4: 11:00am On Jun 01, 2017
dapoddon:
I just wanna thank God and all the wonderful folks on this thread.

Timeline:
Online application: 20th April. (upfront medicals)
Biometrics :21st April
Original passport request :23rd May
Passport submission : 26th May
Approval update 31st May.

M.A Economics, U of Manitoba.

Major shout-out to Thesoj for his consistent service to this thread.

To all hopefuls, June is gonna be a great month already. May is signing out with huge testimonies.

God bless us all and may all of our dreams come through.
do they accept second class lower in university of Manitoba?? ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.