Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (881826 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Emmane: 5:49pm On Jun 01, 2017
tomexy4:
hi gurus in the house..... please how do i pay online? My GT mastercard cant pay more than $100 per day.... i need answers to this please. Also what documents will i take to VFS after submitting ting my application online

I am faced with same problem but was rightly informed that i can pay at VFS Office ....so gather ur documents and take it there with ur Application fee of N56,000 cash. I suggest u carry up to 60k to avoid stories.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Emmane: 5:50pm On Jun 01, 2017
Sugaro:

Mine took 2-3days

Working days?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Emmane: 5:53pm On Jun 01, 2017
Sugaro:

Mine took 2-3days

Pls which bnk? How much where u charged?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 5:56pm On Jun 01, 2017
chybaz:

What about family information forms etc. Those forms u fill. Does one need to fill them before going there and where can one get them
feel them using Adobe Reader X not with biro.... Download dem online from cic page
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chybaz: 6:12pm On Jun 01, 2017
CanadianNurse:
feel them using Adobe Reader X not with biro.... Download dem online from cic page
Thanks.

Do I need transcript addressed to embassy if I have a certificate already.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mesh2003(f): 6:14pm On Jun 01, 2017
josafunmi:
Good afternoon house,
i have been offered admission into a Diploma program (Hospitality and resources management) at Georgian College.
i studied Botany in the university, graduated with a 2.2 (3.18/5) ..I have been told that i can't get visa because the course is not related to my B.sc course...
please is it really true that i stand no chance of getting a student Visa?
please help!!

I have a degree in Chemistry but I worked as a business development manager for 3 years in Nigeria. I applied for a 2 year PGD in Global business management in North Island College in 2014. I got a student visa and I finished my program last December. I have a good full time job today in Vancouver. YES MY DEAR ITS POSSIBLE TO GET YOUR VISA. Just prove that you have been in business since your graduation. Write a good SOP. I wrote that although I studied chemistry, I have been in the business environment since I graduated and I want to get the theoretical knowledge of what am doing and how it will help me in my career goal as a business analyst. I had a 2.2 in chemistry and it was difficult getting an admission for an MBA so I went for a PGD. I will go for an MBA after I get my PR.
Believe in your dream and package yourself. I ended up winning best international student award in business school and I also made the deans list.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tomexy4(m): 6:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
Emmane:

I am faced with same problem but was rightly informed that i can pay at VFS Office ....so gather ur documents and take it there with ur Application fee of N56,000 cash. I suggest u carry up to 60k to avoid stories.

I am submitting my application online. How do submit the application online if i have to go to VFS to pay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tysaxmalomo: 6:47pm On Jun 01, 2017
tomexy4:

I am submitting my application online. How do submit the application online if i have to go to VFS to pay

Good evening,

If your application is online, then definitely your payment will be online, if you're going via paper route, then you pay at vfs.

The unit thing you'd do at vfs as an online applicant is your biometrics and submitting it or collecting your passport.
Blessings
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by chybaz: 6:50pm On Jun 01, 2017
chybaz:
I greet you all in the house. Pls are there forms to download and fill before taking documents and money to VFS. And also is transcript compulsory
pls someone answer. so i know if i will travel for a transcript
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by SURGEE(m): 6:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
mesh2003:

I have a degree in Chemistry but I worked as a business development manager for 3 years in Nigeria. I applied for a 2 year PGD in Global business management in North Island College in 2014. I got a student visa and I finished my program last December. I have a good full time job today in Vancouver. YES MY DEAR ITS POSSIBLE TO GET YOUR VISA. Just prove that you have been in business since your graduation. Write a good SOP. I wrote that although I studied chemistry, I have been in the business environment since I graduated and I want to get the theoretical knowledge of what am doing and how it will help me in my career goal as a business analyst. I had a 2.2 in chemistry and it was difficult getting an admission for an MBA so I went for a PGD. I will go for an MBA after I get my PR.
Believe in your dream and package yourself. I ended up winning best international student award in business school and I also made the deans list.

Waoh! Anytime I see or hear someone believing and going after what looks impossible, I feel like emptying my akant for such person.
Guys, nothing is impossible, believe with your heart and work it out with your mind.
Congrats Jor

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mrchemist(m): 7:56pm On Jun 01, 2017
Good day gurus, pls I want to ask how possible getting admission to colleges in canada with HND degree..I want to apply for my sister this 2017/18 MEdical lab. She study SLT upper credit .Thanks and God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by calfy: 7:56pm On Jun 01, 2017
Emmane:

Awesome....... God is still very faithful. I key into your testimony. Amen.

Congrats! I'm about to submit mine online and have some questions please. Did you sign the IMM124E - APPLICATION FOR STUDY PERMIT form? I saw a message upon clicking the validation button that says you do not have to sign the form if you are applying online. Also, what are the documents you submitted for proof of fund? Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Gracee101: 8:00pm On Jun 01, 2017
Fam am a bit worried and depressed my documents are not all ready waiting for the hardcopy of my admission letter submitting my application ending June what are my chances getting the visa as Cic stated 3months for processing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by calfy: 8:01pm On Jun 01, 2017
Congrats! I'm about to submit mine online and have some questions please. Did you sign the IMM124E - APPLICATION FOR STUDY PERMIT form? I saw a message upon clicking the validation button that says you do not have to sign the form if you are applying online. Also, what are the documents you submitted for proof of fund? Thanks for your response.

dapoddon:
I just wanna thank God and all the wonderful folks on this thread.

Timeline:
Online application: 20th April. (upfront medicals)
Biometrics :21st April
Original passport request :23rd May
Passport submission : 26th May
Approval update 31st May.

M.A Economics, U of Manitoba.

Major shout-out to Thesoj for his consistent service to this thread.

To all hopefuls, June is gonna be a great month already. May is signing out with huge testimonies.

God bless us all and may all of our dreams come through.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by thesoj: 8:05pm On Jun 01, 2017
Congrats! grin
Go to Canada and succeed!
dapoddon:
...Timeline:

Major shout-out to Thesoj for his consistent service to this thread...

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mrchemist(m): 8:08pm On Jun 01, 2017
Congrat..pls what are the doc submitted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jummolami: 8:12pm On Jun 01, 2017
Good day. I have sent it to you.

Thanks.

dapoddon:

Timeline:

To all hopefuls, June is gonna be a great month already. May is signing out with huge testimonies.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mrchemist(m): 8:13pm On Jun 01, 2017
Hello how easy changing program. Of study in canada
Jiby:
Hello, so i've been studying in Canada for four years now. However, for my studies i have changed my program last year and have entered a new one. This means that i still have 2 to 3 years left to study to finish my new program. my international passport validity is until 2021.

For that reason, I had a few questions on this:

1. I recently applied for my student permit extension but got approved for 4 months -I requested for 2 year to complete my newly enrolled
course?

2. What is the likelihood of getting another extension on my permit after the 4 month deadline. I would prefer to complete my degree sooner but the way my courses availability works, i'll have to take three years.?

3. Also, will they be able to give me an extension of two to three years?

Thank you for your help in advance, i've been quite worried about this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by cuspy(m): 8:16pm On Jun 01, 2017
dapoddon:

Timeline:

Congrats bro. I am a prospective applicant for MA Economics too. Can you give me an idea of your profile (gpa, test scores)? Was your admit course based or thesis based? If thesis, did you get a supervisor before applying?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 8:24pm On Jun 01, 2017
chybaz:
pls someone answer. so i know if i will travel for a transcript
Nope, as I was told here for visa application not needed
Ur degree certificate can suffice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 8:27pm On Jun 01, 2017
Gracee101:
Fam am a bit worried and depressed my documents are not all ready waiting for the hardcopy of my admission letter submitting my application ending June what are my chances getting the visa as Cic stated 3months for processing.

was there no scanned copy of ur admission letter? Cos mi school sent both and said I could use it to apply when I was running out of time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mrchemist(m): 8:36pm On Jun 01, 2017
Pls I need reply. Also can we submit transcript because degree certificate not ready ..she just graduate..
mrchemist:
Good day gurus, pls I want to ask how possible getting admission to colleges in canada with HND degree..I want to apply for my sister this 2017/18 MEdical lab. She study SLT upper credit .Thanks and God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 8:51pm On Jun 01, 2017
chybaz:

Thanks.

Do I need transcript addressed to embassy if I have a certificate already.
add it just in case
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Kof99: 8:57pm On Jun 01, 2017
oluwaCanny:
Updated on June 1, 2017. Please update the house as much as possible and to the silent readers and followers you are also included grin grin grin wink thanks
@Rocorleone please add your School. thanks
Kof99, March 9, PGD, Humber college, online route. Pls add
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Truce01: 9:13pm On Jun 01, 2017
mesh2003:

It is possible to do that and almost any other course, just find out the job prospect before you decide. Remember Canadians care more about your experience not your certificate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 01, 2017
Gracee101:

Request for an electronic copy from your school. Up till now I haven't received the hard copies of my letters and I applied weeks ago grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 9:34pm On Jun 01, 2017
mesh2003:

Bro nice write up and words of encouragement, I like dat, but one tin u still fail to site is tins are changing, system is chain lining and even @ ur 2014 , I guess u had some factor dat made dem ignore ur course mix match, one of dis factors include strong social & economy ties, strong travel histories etc, so in ur case I strongly believe dat u belong 2 one of dis categories. So each case of success shows a key point and are treated differently, Grace differs too, my advice to applicants is alway view ur profile b4 submit and try to put urself in d shoes of d VO's and always seek second idea or opinion, and pray too..No wat u want and neva gv up ur dreams. destiny can b delayed but can neva b denied.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oluwaCanny: 9:54pm On Jun 01, 2017
See a portion of someone's GCMS notes i just read online. Posting this here for informative purpose only
There is more but I cant include all. Visa officer pointed out at some personal things. -----
Receipt for tuition fees covering first semester of program on file. PA has met the minimum IELTS and academic requirements for unconditional entry to the intended program. GIC on file. Statement of purpose reviewed and considered.

However, the gap between completion of PA's credential in 2014 and proposed course of study in Cda in 2017 is of concern and proposed course of study is not a logical progression from the PA's completed credential and work experience. It is not evident why the PA would pursue such a course of study in Cda at such great expense at this time. Based on the above, on balance, Iam not satisfied that proposed studies are reasonable in light of qualifications/educational background. Iam not satisfied this applicant is a bona fide student. Weighing the information on hand in this specific case, the applicant has failed to establish that they are a bona fide temporary resident who will leave Canada following the completion of their studies pursuant to section R216 (1) (b) of IRPA. Refused.

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.