Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (881328 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 4:06pm On Jun 08, 2017
@CanadianNurse
Pls, I got an email containing the requirements for the account opening was that u?cos the rep is asking I send my documents to him first. Pls confirm. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by femolala001(m): 4:06pm On Jun 08, 2017
maziude:

Hello boss,
Pay your application fee and apply to your school. Wait till you have been admitted before thinking about visa application.

Secondly, visa approval depends on a lot of factors and financial capability is just one of them. When it is time to apply, you will need to submit a well packaged application with required documents. For a list of documents, see the first page of this thread and check cic website.

Lastly, no one knows if you stand a chance since none of us is ths VO. We only speculate.

PS: Please do the needful first.
Thanks bro. Hw do i pay d application fees? Can i just use my atm card to make d payment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by femolala001(m): 4:08pm On Jun 08, 2017
likeababygirl:

First, Your application isn't considered for review until you pay your application fee. That said, you need an admission to apply for Study permit.
In the financial aspect, you basically need to show your tuition fees for a year + $10,000. Also, it depends on who is sponsoring you. If self sponsored, you have to show your total tuition fee for the program and $20,000 (since masters is two years).
I'll advice you pay your application fee asap and also fufil every requirement needed for the program. Make sure you check if you need to get a supervisor before applying.

Thanks mam. Hw do i apply for funding? Will i apply for that before paying application fees?.
Kindly check ur mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Marvelous3: 4:15pm On Jun 08, 2017
Mabs16:

mabadejesunday@yahoo.com

Thank u.

Oikengah@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Marvelous3: 4:17pm On Jun 08, 2017
mostblackroad:
If you requested for the template of Affidavit of Support and Letter of Sponsorship, please kindly drop your email. Had a few issues with my phone. Thanks!
Oikengah@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 4:42pm On Jun 08, 2017
Hello guys,

For those who wants to open a canadian bank account, you can also try National bank of canada.

I got my account number on Monday.

I only filled the online account opening form for new comers on sunday and by Monday afternoon, I got my account number and instructions on how to wire funds should I need to.

As usual, I cant withdraw unless I arrive Canada.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 08, 2017
Hi there, what happens in the event of refusal of trv? how does one get money back?
maziude:
Hello guys,

For those who wants to open a canadian bank account, you can also try National bank of canada.

I got my account number on Monday.

I only filled the online account opening form for new comers on sunday and by Monday afternoon, I got my account number and instructions on how to wire funds should I need to.

As usual, I cant withdraw unless I arrive Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ejaloni123: 4:49pm On Jun 08, 2017
nairalandnewbie:
Hi there, what happens in the event of refusal of trv? how does one get money back?
Lol...a very sensitive question.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yasmine04: 4:51pm On Jun 08, 2017
Hi House, good day. Please I have a question & it's abit of a concern to me.
So I have already applied for my study permit visa (3rd application).
Last year, I participated in an IT course that ended in November2016. I am currently participating in another course but with another IT center. My concern is, I collected a letter from d 1st IT center to include in my visa application last year. It stated then that 'I have been a student in d training center 'TILL DATE''. However, when applying again this year, I got another letter from my current IT training center stating I'm a student with them now. I went to my first IT center but they said they can't release another letter to me to show that I've completed my course with them that my certificate will cover that but it is not ready for collection, so I just had to put the first letter dat way in my current application because I needed to show I was busy then. My concern now is 'I hope this won't constitute a problem for me regarding that the first letter from the 1st IT center stated the word 'Till date' though I have finished my program with them. I got a new letter from my current training center which I started in February. I stated my start & end date of the first IT course on the application form though (present and past activities section). I hope they won't slap me with misrepresentation (God forbid)
I will really appreciate a reply. Thank you.
Cc austinpee and other gurus.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 5:06pm On Jun 08, 2017
nairalandnewbie:

Hello boss,

I have no idea.

But, I got this from the letter they sent me:

"If the account opening process is not completed within three months of your account opening application, your account will be closed. To recover any funds in the account, you will have to comply with all of National Bank's requirements, including identification by an agent (you will receive the necessary form and additional information by email at that time), and assume the applicable fees. "

Whoever is willing to go through with it, should also thread on the side of caution and understand the terms and conditions.

I only shared an opinion...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 5:07pm On Jun 08, 2017
nairalandnewbie:
Very good question!

This is why one should wait untill instructed by the embassy to either pay fees or show that money are already deposited in canada or can be exported. With such instruction, an approval is imminent pending when the request is met.

It will be too forward for anybody to deposit money without any term and condition of getting such funds back should a visa be refused especially for people that have not been instructed by the embassy to do so.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 08, 2017
LOL
Ejaloni123:

Lol...a very sensitive question.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 08, 2017
I think if we get the mail from CIC regarding funds export then u can risk it cause I don't think I've heard of anyone who met this requirement and got refused. ( I'm saying this based on my friends that are not on this platform that have applied o). I no wan lose millions because of CIC o abeg
Austinpee4:

Very good question!

This is why one should wait untill instructed by the embassy to either pay fees or show that money are already deposited in canada or can be exported. With such instruction, an approval is imminent pending when the request is met.

It will be too forward for anybody to deposit money without any term and condition of getting such funds back should a visa be refused especially for people that have not been instructed by the embassy to do so.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 5:21pm On Jun 08, 2017
Yasmine04:
Hi House, good day. Please I have a question & it's abit of a concern to me.
So I have already applied for my study permit visa (3rd application).
Last year, I participated in an IT course that ended in November2016. I am currently participating in another course but with another IT center. My concern is, I collected a letter from d 1st IT center to include in my visa application last year. It stated then that 'I have been a student in d training center 'TILL DATE''. However, when applying again this year, I got another letter from my current IT training center stating I'm a student with them now. I went to my first IT center but they said they can't release another letter to me to show that I've completed my course with them that my certificate will cover that but it is not ready for collection, so I just had to put the first letter dat way in my current application because I needed to show I was busy then. My concern now is 'I hope this won't constitute a problem for me regarding that the first letter from the 1st IT center stated the word 'Till date' though I have finished my program with them. I got a new letter from my current training center which I started in February. I stated my start & end date of the first IT course on the application form though (present and past activities section). I hope they won't slap me with misrepresentation (God forbid)
I will really appreciate a reply. Thank you.
Cc austinpee and other gurus.
I don't think this is an issue. Change is always a constant thing. You can fill when you started your new training in your current application while also indicating when you finished the previous one. Add the new letter for your current training center. It is your current activity
and has no effect over your previous application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 08, 2017
Then correct me if I'm wrong but don't you think such information should have been included in your post because some people just see this kind of post and jumping right into without considering the "what ifs" and other difficulties that can arise. I think it is best we err on the side of caution. Thanks for the reply.
maziude:

Hello boss,

I have no idea.

But, I got this from the letter they sent me:

"If the account opening process is not completed within three months of your account opening application, your account will be closed. To recover any funds in the account, you will have to comply with all of National Bank's requirements, including identification by an agent (you will receive the necessary form and additional information by email at that time), and assume the applicable fees. "

Whoever is willing to go through with it, should also thread on the side of caution and understand the terms and conditions.

I only shared an opinion...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 08, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 5:27pm On Jun 08, 2017
femolala001:

Thanks boss.. really appreciate. But i still av some questions. Wat if i dont pay d application fees? Will i be required to fill d form again when next i want to pay?
I want to budget 5m to do my masters..will that be enough or too small?
Although my mom is d one sponsoring me.

That I really don't know, but guess yes, email dem to find out.. sgs@ mun .ca , for your study budget if u are not on funding , 5m budget is small.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by femolala001(m): 5:30pm On Jun 08, 2017
nelly28:

That I really don't know, but guess yes, email dem to find out.. sgs@ mun .ca , for your study budget if u are not on funding , 5m budget is small.
Ok. I will do that right away.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yasmine04: 5:32pm On Jun 08, 2017
Austinpee4:

I don't think this is an issue. Change is always a constant thing. You can fill when you started your new training in your current application while also indicating when you finished the previous one. Add the new letter for your current training center. It is your current activity
and has no effect over your previous application.

Ok. I did that exactly. Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kunsky3: 5:37pm On Jun 08, 2017
To the gurus In the house kindly advise
I am about to submit my application but with little concern.
I was refused US visitor visa in year 2008 and I can't recal the reason for refusal hence I do not have details..Is it necessary to state this long time refusal and if yes ..how should I go with the details.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 5:43pm On Jun 08, 2017
Finally wife's (AYOOLA03)status changed to APPROVED!

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by primeson1(m): 5:47pm On Jun 08, 2017
good news.

but which status?

Markab:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 5:57pm On Jun 08, 2017
Ayoola03... Application APPROVED

Osemigho:
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
2. Sundaydammy submission 13th oct, 2016 paper PGD mohawk college,
3. Ayos16, Submitted 22nd Dec,2016, Upfront Medical.
4. Atrapon January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
5. Ayoola03, 12th Jan, MESc UofWestern Ontario, paper route, Upfront Medical (passed).
6. Yamen21, Jan 13th, MSc MUN, Paper route, upfront medicals passed 27th Jan
7.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
8. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route. Medical mail 24th April.
9. Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
10. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals.
11. Yemdogg, February 21, MA, CMU, Paper Route.
12. Piethewitch, March 8th, ....Durham College, Paper route, Approved.
13. Proxy, March 11, PGC Georgian College, Online Route.
14. Akanmu2013, 14th march,online PGD Seneca college
15. Osemigho, March 14, MA, UofCalgary, Upfront Medical passed.
16. Trexxbanks,March 14th,PGD,Durham college,online route
17. Maxicon, March 14, PGD UWinnipeg, Upfront Medical, Paper route
18. Newman10100(lil bro), March 22, Master of Comp.sc URegina, online route.
19. Canadian nurse, March 28,university of Manitoba, paper route. Medical and Evidence of fee payment request on 04/05/2017.
20. Kprake9, March 29, Pilot training, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
21. bdcity2, march 30, PGD, NSCC, paper route
22. aliACCA, March 31, MA, UoM, Paper Route, Upfront Medical Passed.
23. Ozzy 2, April 3rd, LLM, York University, Paper Route, Upfront Medical passed.
24. Darrelah, April 3rd, MSc, University of Regina, Online route
25. Maziude, April 17th, phd, uottawa,onliine route, Medical mail on 24/04/2017. Medical passed 2/5/2017
26. Kranjar, April 18, MA, UNB, paper route, upfront medical.
27. Ope100, April 19th, College Diploma, Holland College, Online route.
28. newman1010 , April 22 Master of Finance, SMU, online route.
29. CPA01, April 25th, MBA, University of New Brunswick, paper route
30. Gfeuxay, April 27th, pgc, Centennial college, Paper route.
31. Tobyharze, April 28, PGC, Conestoga college, paper route, upfront medical.
32. Judebebo32 , April 28 , PhD University of Saskatchewan, online route.
33. O2, May 2, Post Baccaleurate diploma Thompson Rivers University, paper route

Congrats to those approved, the delayed should repackage, restrategise, and reapply.

when you submit your TRV Application kindly update the house on your timeline.

It will end with praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 5:57pm On Jun 08, 2017
Study visa
primeson1:
good news.

but which status?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bbclue(f): 6:02pm On Jun 08, 2017
mostblackroad:
If you requested for the template of Affidavit of Support and Letter of Sponsorship, please kindly drop your email. Had a few issues with my phone. Thanks!

Thank you I appreciate a lot ....I saw the template
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 6:03pm On Jun 08, 2017
Markab:
Nice nice! It was expected. Congratulation to your wife and you too. Better tell wifey to come and show herself here o. You have been a very supportive husband. Gathering all the info for her!

Congrats again!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 08, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jnyuwa02: 6:04pm On Jun 08, 2017
femolala001:

Thanks mam. Hw do i apply for funding? Will i apply for that before paying application fees?.
Kindly check ur mail

Depends on what school you applying, some have fundings partial or full for international students, many others like University of Toronto and McGill have limited to none funding for internationals. Also there are cheaper schools not up to $10,000 tuition quoted for you. There are cities in Canada where room and board an academic term 8 months, are less less than $10,000. You got to do your research and find out the schools and programs you are interested in and whether they offer funding or not. That is the beauty of the Internet. And universities in Canada are only a handful, so you can easily research--compared to that in the United States, 3500 institutions. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 6:17pm On Jun 08, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 6:18pm On Jun 08, 2017
Boss boss... She's coming in few minutes time[ :Dquote author=Austinpee4 post=57324131]
Nice nice! It was expected. Congratulation to your wife and you too. Better tell wifey to come and show herself here o. You have been a very supportive husband. Gathering all the info for her!

Congrats again! [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by marvel4love: 6:25pm On Jun 08, 2017
Markab:
Congratulations!!! Thank God for your wife. Since January!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mafa4na: 6:27pm On Jun 08, 2017
Thank God my student visa has been approved, the status jst changed from being processing to approved.
My application details are as follows :
Date of application 21st March 2017, paper route
Upfront medical
Document submitted:
Application forms as found on the cic.ca website
Letter of sponsorship from my dad,
His Bank statement of account
Letter from my dad's company showing their support in whatever way might be needed by d embassy
Letter from d bank stating that he's financially capable of paying my tuition and living expenses
Letter of acceptance from the school
Tuition fee payment receipt
B. Pharm certificate
My sisters tuition payment receipt, as she currently schools also in canada.

This is all that I can remember.
Lastly, I jst recently linked my paper to my online application, on the 5th of June, all thanks to some kind individuals on this forum.

I hope this will motivate all those who are awaiting their approval too from the embassy, and also those that are yet to apply.
It will all end in praise, jst as mine. IJN.Amen

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.