Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (880350 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 6:28pm On Jun 08, 2017
Markab:
Finally wife's (AYOOLA03)status changed to APPROVED!
Congratulations to your wife.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 6:30pm On Jun 08, 2017
mafa4na:
Thank God my student visa has been approved, the status jst changed from being processing to approved.
My application details are as follows :
Date of application 21st March 2017, paper route
Upfront medical
Document submitted:
Application forms as found on the cic.ca website
Letter of sponsorship from my dad,
His Bank statement of account
Letter from my dad's company showing their support in whatever way might be needed by d embassy
Letter from d bank stating that he's financially capable of paying my tuition and living expenses
Letter of acceptance from the school
Tuition fee payment receipt
B. Pharm certificate
My sisters tuition payment receipt, as she currently schools also in canada.

This is all that I can remember.
Lastly, I jst recently linked my paper to my online application, on the 5th of June, all thanks to some kind individuals on this forum.

I hope this will motivate all those who are awaiting their approval too from the embassy, and also those that are yet to apply.
It will all end in praise, jst as mine. IJN.Amen
Congratulations. Please what school are you going to?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 6:30pm On Jun 08, 2017
nairalandnewbie:
Then correct me if I'm wrong but don't you think such information should have been included in your post because some people just see this kind of post and jumping right into without considering the "what ifs" and other difficulties that can arise. I think it is best we err on the side of caution. Thanks for the reply.

I made the post as a suggestion, since people are talking about it.

It is however left for who is interested to go through the terms and conditions before using the services offered by the bank.

You are right though, i should have included that information too.

Apologies...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by marvel4love: 6:32pm On Jun 08, 2017
mafa4na:
Thank God my student visa has been approved, the status jst changed from being processing to approved.
My application details are as follows :
Upfront medical
Document submitted:
Application forms as found on the cic.ca website
Letter of sponsorship from my dad,
His Bank statement of account
Letter from my dad's company showing their support in whatever way might be needed by d embassy
Letter from d bank stating that he's financially capable of paying my tuition and living expenses
Letter of acceptance from the school
Tuition fee payment receipt
B. Pharm certificate
My sisters tuition payment receipt, as she currently schools also in canada.

This is all that I can remember.
Lastly, I jst recently linked my paper to my online application, on the 5th of June, all thanks to some kind individuals on this forum.

I hope this will motivate all those who are awaiting their approval too from the embassy, and also those that are yet to apply.
Congratulations on your approval. What program are you going for and what school? What's your current activity/employment details.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ayoola03(f): 6:40pm On Jun 08, 2017
It is better late than never, the wait was like forever I cant just thank God enof, dnt even no whr to start. Upon several "request for an additional documents"(twice), upon 3x admission deferment, all hope was almost lost,5months old application I tot cic don forget abt my app bt I thank God my patience wasn't in vain. My pipu, itz not easy ooo finally got an APPROVAL mail grin grin
Anyone whose trv has been approved shld count his/herself lucky coz itz nt by ur power bt d grace of GOD I count mysef lucky o. More testimonies shall keep on flowing in by his grace. Special thanks to my agent_hubby (we finally made it) nd also to d gurus in d house dat contributed in one way or d oda to d success of my trv approval may the blessings of d lord neva cease in ur lives. ALHAMDULLILAH!!!
5months don waka grin

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mafa4na: 6:40pm On Jun 08, 2017
likeababygirl:

Congratulations. Please what school are you going to?

Thank you, Toronto institute of pharmaceutical technology.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bbclue(f): 6:44pm On Jun 08, 2017
Please is it now compulsory that everyone pay first year school fee before being granted visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by thesoj: 6:44pm On Jun 08, 2017
jnyuwa02:
Thanks for your very thorough, well researched and intelligent response. You indicated not wanting to apply from Nigeria yourself. Why is that?
I did my undergraduate studies in the United States and returned to Nigeria only a year ago to see my ailing mother. I am still Nigerian with an expired student visa. While in the United States, I saw many people apply for study permit while on a U.S. visitor's visa. So it is totally possible to do. Heck, I have seen people even without status, apply for a Canadian study permit in the U.S.. Those that came to the United States with a visa and overstayed it. I think the requirement in the United States for Canadian visa applicants that overstayed their visa in the United States, is that you must prove you have not been out of status in the United States for more than one year, at the time you are applying for Canada visa.

You mentioned those in Canada on a tourist visa sending their applications to the Canadian embassy in LA? Do you mean Los Angeles by LA? If so, why Los Angeles instead of any American embassy in the U.S. I remember a Canadian embassy been present in the city I lived: Seattle...
I can't dispute your comment except the bolded; perhaps you were referring to students with an expired F1 visa applying for a Canadian visa? If this is the case then you are correct, because an in-status F1 student with an expired visa is still a legal US resident (assuming the student has a valid I-20 and is an active student in SEVIS). An expired F1 visa is not out-of-status nor illegal in the eyes of US immigration.

However, a B1/B2 visitor that overstays his/her 90-180 days (depends on what the immigration officer stamps on his/her I-94 at the port of entry) has an almost 100% chance of being denied by most (if not all) foreign embassies in the US, including Canada.

Also, it's the Los Angeles Canadian Consulate that adjudicates visa applications from foreigners residing in the US.

I'd recommend that readers cross-check whatever they read on this thread with what's on the official website of CIC or USCIS. You, and only you, will face the music if you misinterpret or absorb incorrect information from this forum.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mafa4na: 6:45pm On Jun 08, 2017
marvel4love:

Congratulations on your approval. What program are you going for and what school? What's your current activity/employment details.

Thank you.
Programme- pharmaceutical quality control and quality assurance
School- Toronto institute of pharmaceutical technology

I graduated in 2015, did a one year internship in an hospital, till Aug 2016, currently I'm unemployed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 6:57pm On Jun 08, 2017
bbclue:
Please is it now compulsory that everyone pay first year school fee before being granted visa
NO. Unless you are asked to or you want to.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CPA01: 7:00pm On Jun 08, 2017
Ayoola03:
It is better late than never, the wait was like forever I cant just thank God enof, dnt even no whr to start. Upon several "request for an additional documents"(twice), upon 3x admission deferment, all hope was almost lost,5months old application I tot cic don forget abt my app bt I thank God my patience wasn't in vain. My pipu, itz not easy ooo finally got an APPROVAL mail grin grin
Anyone whose trv has been approved shld count his/herself lucky coz itz nt by ur power bt d grace of GOD I count mysef lucky o. More testimonies shall keep on flowing in by his grace. Special thanks to my agent_hubby (we finally made it) nd also to d gurus in d house dat contributed in one way or d oda to d success of my trv approval may the blessings of d lord neva cease in ur lives. ALHAMDULLILAH!!!
5months don waka grin

Congrats Ayoola. Please can you share your profile?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bbclue(f): 7:13pm On Jun 08, 2017
CPA01:

Congrats Ayoola. Please can you share your profile?

I key into your testimony.....congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by marvel4love: 7:27pm On Jun 08, 2017
mafa4na:

Thank you.

I graduated in 2015, did a one year internship in an hospital, till Aug 2016, currently I'm unemployed
So what did you fill as your current activity on your IMM24 form?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 7:42pm On Jun 08, 2017
kunsky3:
To the gurus In the house kindly advise
I am about to submit my application but with little concern.
I was refused US visitor visa in year 2008 and I can't recal the reason for refusal hence I do not have details..Is it necessary to state this long time refusal and if yes ..how should I go with the details.
Thanks
no matter what u do make sure u state it that u have been denied USA visa b4, refuse to do that art ur own peril. I can't say on the part of u not remembering the reason(s) why u were denied but maybe gurus in the house can talk about that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 7:48pm On Jun 08, 2017
mafa4na:
Thank God my student visa has been approved.
I hope this will motivate all those who are awaiting their approval too & the yet 2 apply.
Congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bbclue(f): 7:51pm On Jun 08, 2017
Igbouwanile:

Congratulations, best wishes.. pray 4 us!

Congratulations. .....I key to it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mafa4na: 7:58pm On Jun 08, 2017
marvel4love:

So what did you fill as your current activity on your IMM24 form?

Basically, under the current activity /occupation column, i put my previous job, with d dates I started up until wen I finished d training (Aug 2015- Aug 2016). I was advised to do so by a friend who works in d embassy, and thank God I didn't ve any issue with dat
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kalohenic: 8:05pm On Jun 08, 2017
I am good bro/sis!
How far with your application

CanadianNurse:
@kalohenic how far?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 08, 2017
mafa4na:

Thank you.

how did you explain the gap, we have the exact same similar study gap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mafa4na: 8:40pm On Jun 08, 2017
LightandDarkness:

how did you explain the gap, we have the exact same similar study gap

I didn't have any explaining to do to d embassy, i jst put my previous working experience in d column for current activity, and I left d space 4 previous work experience empty.
For instance under current activity in put I'm a pharmacist worked at xxxplace from Aug 2015-Aug 2016
I hope this helps..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ayoola03(f): 8:50pm On Jun 08, 2017
My Timeline and documents 

Application Submitted: 12/01/2017 (paper route) with Upfront medical

Request for Non-conditional letter of acceptanceDocument: 22/02/2017

Replied: 24/02/2017

Linked App online: 02/03/2017

Request for new letter of acceptance & tuition payment/living expenses: 05/05/2017

Deadline given:07/06/2017

Document uploaded: 19/05/2017

My cic changed to document under review: 06/06/2017

Final decision: 08/06/2017

Document submitted:

IMM FORMS

Letter of Acceptance (University of western Ontario)

Departmental funding letter(full tuition plus 13kCAD living expenses) 

Police character clearance

Statement of Purpose

Medical form

Academic Transcript and degree certificate 

Birth certificate 

Marriage Certificate 

SPONSORSHIP SUPPORT Documents (to prevent stories that touch) cheesy 

dad's SOA

His Company's profile with necessary cac docs

Letter of sponsorship

Affidavit of sponsorship

Bank reference letter

Ongoing federal project evidence +lots of prayers and fasting

After all the funding and SOA, CIC in their routine heartbreaking ideology went ahead to request for evidences of tuition payment and living expenses deposit. Though I replied them by uploading a new funding letter with my dad's bank reference letter assuring that my tuition and living expenses are on deposit and will be available for export under current forex cbn policies backed up with LOE stating I'm on funding but my dad is serving as a back up grin

I can't stop thanking God

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by famous17: 8:53pm On Jun 08, 2017
A big congrats o, I tap from your testimony o.

Ayoola03:
5months don waka grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eilenora: 8:56pm On Jun 08, 2017
Hello Gurus. Pls can you advise on if I am to complete the following forms in addition to the FORMS 1294E and 5645E:

IMM FORMS 5409, 5485, 5476, 5483, 5832, 5945 and also the VFS waiver form

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Judgepelumi(m): 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2017
mafa4na:

Thank you.

Congrats... I key into ur faith. You booked ur flight for nxt weekend by faith and visa came a week before.
God is Great

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kunsky3: 9:26pm On Jun 08, 2017
[quote author=mcobex post=57327064]no matter what u do make sure u state it that u have been denied USA visa b4, refuse to do that art ur own peril. I can't say on the part of u not remembering the reason(s) why u were denied but maybe gurus in the house can talk about that[/quote

Thanks for your advise...I will state it and write a brief sentence that I was denied visitor visa in 2008]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kennynelcon(m): 9:37pm On Jun 08, 2017
Ayoola03:

I can't stop thanking God
Congratulations... Do you have any publication yet? What dept/course.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mafa4na: 9:52pm On Jun 08, 2017
Judgepelumi:

Congrats... I key into ur faith. You booked ur flight for nxt weekend by faith and visa came a week before.
God is Great

Seriously o, i was almost even paying extra money to move my flight ticket, cos I'm xpected to resume on the 19th of this month.
I jst thank God that the visa came almost at d last min
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ayoola03(f): 10:01pm On Jun 08, 2017
Dept: Civil Engineering
Msc Civil and environmental engineering

kennynelcon:

Congratulations... Do you have any publication yet? What dept/course.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ayoola03(f): 10:05pm On Jun 08, 2017
Thanks

famous17:
A big congrats o, I tap from your testimony o.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dapoddon: 10:14pm On Jun 08, 2017
Congratulations. Delay is never denial
Ayoola03:
It is better late than never, the wait was like forever I cant just thank God enof, dnt even no whr to start
ALHAMDULLILAH!!!
5months don waka grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 08, 2017
mafa4na:

Thank you.

so what did you reply in the study permit questionnaire for "Please explain any gap in your academic history". Thanks in advance for your reply and congratulations on your approval

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.