Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,357 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (880518 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ohizzyy7: 11:27am On Jun 08, 2017
hurlaspecial123:
I got a mail on 10/5/2017 for procedural fairness to be replied in 15days. .it was stated that I did not indicate that I was refused USA visa ...I respond to that mail within 5 days . My response already pass 15days now and no response form VO Ghana till now .. please guys help me out
[sub][/sub]
when did you submit your application,paper or online route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 11:29am On Jun 08, 2017
hurlaspecial123:
I got a mail on 10/5/2017 for procedural fairness to be replied in 15days. .it was stated that I did not indicate that I was refused USA visa ...I respond to that mail within 5 days . My response already pass 15days now and no response form VO Ghana till now .. please guys help me out
[sub][/sub]

Chill bro keep praying & hope for d best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mostblackroad(m): 11:34am On Jun 08, 2017
Wow you don't have a lot of time, pm me though, I emailed you the templates you asked for. You are pressed for time so I suggest you hit the ground running. If you are in Lagos, go do upfront medicals at The Childrens Practice Consultant. It's at Ikoyi and if you get there on time, they can attend to you within a few hours. You can do it first thing tomorrow morning because they attend to clients 8-10. Also have you actually gotten admitted and have you started processing the certificate of acceptance? 20 days is quite sometime if you have not started processing it. It would mean that you can't submit your application till the end of the month or in July. Which is not enough time in my opinion, though some people get their application processed within a month, but that's just a handful of people. That's something you have to decide if you can risk.

I think it is safer your tuition is paid. Since she has her pension and other accounts in good shape. Paying the tuition settles the question of if you are really going to school there and it validates your mom's other documents as legit. That's my opinion on that.

If you have been admitted, what was the condition of your acceptance. The documents you would submit also depends on whether you are applying via paper or online.

All the documents you have listed are adequate for your application. I don't think you would need anything else, for anything you might even need to submit less. You don;t need to submit the data page of your siblings if you are submitting their birth certificate. Your affidavit most be notarized in a court and signed by your mom.

So far, your application seems to be in good shape, let's know the what you studied and what you gotten admitted to study. Then your travel history, depends on where you traveled to could also be a plus for you. If you have been denied a visa you should remember to note that too.

Eilenora:
[color=#770077][/color]

So which is safer, for my cousin to pay my tuition and then mum's acct balance will be ok at about 4m and 1.3 respectively. Or don't pay tuition, deposit the money instead n2 her account but just as you said it may raise red flags. another option I thought of was to put the money into an investment house who will then do a letter to show mum has funds with them and she can liquidate whenever. at least this letter will not show when the funds was put in there. which is the best option to use?

Also the schl I am applying to is in quebec so I have to first apply for a certificate of acceptance which takes about 20 days, before I can now apply for my visa. is it feasible as schl resumes September 5 (Concordia).

Here are the documents I intend using to apply. Have I missed anything out:

(Me) I resigned earlier this year so unemployed, have 2 siblings, not married, no kids. what ties can I use to say I will return after my trip please

1. Duly completed application forms (pls advise on the exact forms I am to fill, they are so many!!!!)
2. Admission letter from a designated learning institution on the School’s letter headed paper
3. Fee schedule from the school
4. Quebec Acceptance Certificate (pls for those that have applied for this can you please advise on the documents you submitted and the process too)
5. Pension statement
6. Birth certificate of self and siblings
7. Family pictures
8. Medical examination (considering the time I am working with, can I do this upfront or is it safer to wait till I hear from cic)
9. Police character report/clearance certificate
10. IELTS results
11. Bio data page of international passport for self and siblings
12. Passport photographs with details at the back
13. International passport with at least 2 blank pages and travel history
14. Academic documents such as transcript from University, SSCE/NECO/WAEC results, NYSC discharge certificate, ACCA results
15. Statement of purpose

(SPONSOR: MOM)

1. Statement of account for at least 6 months with a closing balance to cover an amount over and above the following:
a. Tuition Diploma C$ 8000
b. Tuition MSC C$7,000
b. Living expenses for at least one year C$10,000
c. Air fare; circa N1,000,000
2. Pension statement
3. Evidence of landed properties
4. Contract of sale of landed property/investment statement/tuition evidence of payment (depends on which route you gurus advise on)
5. Evidence of substantial shares
6. Sponsorship letter
7. Sworn affidavit of sponsorship (pls must this be notarized?)
8. Employment letter
9. 6 months pay slips
10. Promotion letters, letters of recommendation, salary increases
11. Bio data page of international passport
12. Birth certificate
13. Tax clearance
14. Bank reference letter
15. Evidence of fixed deposit or other investments/sources of income

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mostblackroad(m): 11:38am On Jun 08, 2017
@eilenora: relax, God's grace will see you through. You don't have to pay for you accommodation neither can you register your courses. All that will be done when you get to Canada, and you will smiley just be calm and confident.

Eilenora:
Also please did anyone pay for accommodation before visa application?
Am I to start registering for my courses. seems like so much to do, so little time as well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mostblackroad(m): 11:41am On Jun 08, 2017
Me sef tire.. It's working now sha

Michaelbay:
NAH WAHOO ERROR ON CIC WEBSITE THEY'RE BUSY RRESOLVING ISSUES. BABA GOD NAH U O ABEG
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mostblackroad(m): 11:42am On Jun 08, 2017
You need to prove that he is your uncle..

EJIZY:
Please I have decided to use my Uncle as my sponsor however he is based in the UK, he wants to give me the documents for his house(he has 2 houses in the U.K), statement of salary accounts and affidavit for sponsorship. Please are these documents for the sponsor enough,bearing in mind that I have about 7m in my own account which covers my tuition for a year and the 10k living expenses.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mostblackroad(m): 11:44am On Jun 08, 2017
Properly outlined, at the end of the day, it is based on individual preference

tobyharwe:
If you go the online path you get to keep your documents, so if denied you can use them to reapply,

Its easier for the v.o to navigate through your app as it all in the system, no paper Mumbo-Jumbo.

You also get to keep your passport to yourself through the period your app is being reviewed until you are asked to submit it

If you work, you also don't need to sneak out of your workplace or get a permit to leave work premises. You simply do it yourself on the system.

Disadvantages(which has been surmounted times without number)
You may find it difficult to compress your docs within specified mb limit
You may find it difficult to make visa payment if you don't v a dorm acc.
You may have to wait a while to be called up for biometric as being experienced recently.

If you go the paper route;
In my opinion, you will find it easy and straight forward. No online technicality is involved

Note: whether online or paper, no peculiarities are involved, everyone gets a fair and equal chance. Time to review app is also the same, so here, machines don't make work faster or easier.

And I got this knowledge by reading through this forum...reference to evry1who has contributed here.

Have I missed it? Do you have a contrary opinion, pls feel free.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mostblackroad(m): 11:46am On Jun 08, 2017
His bank statements, employment letter if he's employed and generally anything that reflects his financial capability. Then a sworn affidavit and lastly a proof of your relationship with him

bbclue:
Please I need you people help ....am using my uncle as a sponsored ...Please what are the requirements I will collect from help ......am applying for the first time .......
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by oluwaCanny: 11:47am On Jun 08, 2017
CanadianNurse:
I submitted the required documents yesterday to CIC through their email and I got the automated response that they received the email.

While playing on mycic account this morning I saw a space where I can upload the required information.
In the letter they sent to me they said I should submit through email but I have also seen a letter from someone who applied through paper and linked online just like myself and he was asked to upload through mycic account.

My fear is that they get tons of mails daily, hope they don't ignore the mail? Should I go ahead and still upload the documents on mycic although I have sent it to them through email?

Pic 1: the method of submission I was asked to use in my letter

Pic2: another letter for my friend who we applied through paper and linked online but he was asked to upload to mycic account

Pic 3: the space on my account where I am required to upload the documents

Cc:@austinepee4 @edilanco @markab @nelly28 @maziude @yemdogg @thesoj @abiodunne

no need to be scared since you've sent them the mail via the means they asked you to use. It's also likely at the time they sent you this request, this option was not available due to the ongoing update on the website.
If i was in your shoes i will upload exactly what i sent them in the mail on the online portal since the deadline is fast approaching and uploading it online increases the chances of them seeing it quicker.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 11:50am On Jun 08, 2017
CanadianNurse:
I submitted the required documents yesterday to CIC through their email and I got the automated response that they received the email.

While playing on mycic account this morning I saw a space where I can upload the required information.
In the letter they sent to me they said I should submit through email but I have also seen a letter from someone who applied through paper and linked online just like myself and he was asked to upload through mycic account.

My fear is that they get tons of mails daily, hope they don't ignore the mail? Should I go ahead and still upload the documents on mycic although I have sent it to them through email?

Pic2: another letter for my friend who we applied through paper and linked online but he was asked to upload to mycic account

You can go ahead and still upload, U gat no issue, pray u 've done ur part leave d rest to God BRO success
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by taiwo92(m): 11:55am On Jun 08, 2017
@mostblackroad I will also need those stuff pls. my email address is bamgboyetaiwoss@gmail.com. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 11:57am On Jun 08, 2017
Bro... My wife got the same instruction to upload on her cic account and we obliged. Note that we linked her paper application online also. Might be an error on the part of the Vo because normally you are not supposed to use mail correspondence once your app is linked online.

As for me, I don't think there is a crime uploading it on your cic account then back it up with a LOE to explain the scenario. (merge all your documents and upload)

Document submitted by wifey has changed from submitted to "under review" on the deadline date
CanadianNurse:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Cocosmite: 12:00pm On Jun 08, 2017
Guys help out

Cocosmite:
To get it right once and for all.
Please what is the preferred method (given that the deadline is 2weeks) of tackling this request if need be.

Those who have experience or knowledge please share your thoughts.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 12:01pm On Jun 08, 2017
Markab:
Bro... My wife got the same instruction to upload on her cic account and we obliged. Note that we linked her paper application online also. Might be an error on the part of the Vo because normally you are not supposed to use mail correspondence once your app is linked online.

As for me, I don't think there is a crime uploading it on your cic account then back it up with a LOE to explain the scenario. (merge all your documents and upload)

Document submitted by wifey has changed from submitted to "under review" on the deadline date
How long did it take to change to "under review" after you uploaded it

Secondly what is the maximum file size that can be uploaded
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Markab: 12:04pm On Jun 08, 2017
Her request for tuition and living expenses also came with a request for new letter of acceptance and we were given 1month to submit the two. We responded after two weeks and it changed after two weeks and 3days.

CanadianNurse:
How long did it take to change to "under review" after you uploaded it

Secondly what is the maximum file size that can be uploaded
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eilenora: 12:33pm On Jun 08, 2017
Many thanks.

So I sent you a pm with snapshots of my acceptance letter with conditions attached. I was admitted directly into the diploma programme to take courses they felt I should have taken to enable me do an MSC Economics. After the diploma of 3 months then I may then transfer to the MSC course.

I started registering for courses as there are some courses that I am being put on the waiting list how much more if I wait till I get to Canada. I though of paying for accommodation as I saw something like that on the CIC Website.

So can you advise on if I am to complete the following forms in addition to the FORMS 1294E and 5645E:

IMM FORMS 5409, 5485, 5476, 5483, 5832, 5945 and also the VFS waiver form

mostblackroad:
Wow you don't have a lot of time, pm me though, I emailed you the templates you asked for. You are pressed for time so I suggest you hit the ground running. If you are in Lagos, go do upfront medicals at The Childrens Practice Consultant. It's at Ikoyi and if you get there on time, they can attend to you within a few hours. You can do it first thing tomorrow morning because they attend to clients 8-10. Also have you actually gotten admitted and have you started processing the certificate of acceptance? 20 days is quite sometime if you have not started processing it. It would mean that you can't submit your application till the end of the month or in July. Which is not enough time in my opinion, though some people get their application processed within a month, but that's just a handful of people. That's something you have to decide if you can risk.

I think it is safer your tuition is paid. Since she has her pension and other accounts in good shape. Paying the tuition settles the question of if you are really going to school there and it validates your mom's other documents as legit. That's my opinion on that.

If you have been admitted, what was the condition of your acceptance. The documents you would submit also depends on whether you are applying via paper or online.

All the documents you have listed are adequate for your application. I don't think you would need anything else, for anything you might even need to submit less. You don;t need to submit the data page of your siblings if you are submitting their birth certificate. Your affidavit most be notarized in a court and signed by your mom.

So far, your application seems to be in good shape, let's know the what you studied and what you gotten admitted to study. Then your travel history, depends on where you traveled to could also be a plus for you. If you have been denied a visa you should remember to note that too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bigcil2(m): 12:59pm On Jun 08, 2017
likeababygirl:

Like i said before. Everything is CAD. Most Ontario colleges are in the range of $13k - $17k per year (two terms in a year except otherwise stated, cos some programs run for 3 terms).so yes 4 terms is two years. If you have $5k, i'll advice you to look away from Ontario, check out schools like NBCC NSCC and maybe some in manitoba and Saskatchewan.
If it's so then I'll go for lambton. Will come back here if I have more questions. Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Mabs16: 1:00pm On Jun 08, 2017
mostblackroad:
If you requested for the template of Affidavit of Support and Letter of Sponsorship, please kindly drop your email. Had a few issues with my phone. Thanks!

Thanks boss. I received d templates. God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Edilanco: 1:01pm On Jun 08, 2017
Hello guys.,please has anyone collected his /her processed passport? We're the supporting documents used in applying also returned?...please I need an urgent response so as to know if mine was a mistake.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by phemmzy96: 1:46pm On Jun 08, 2017
femrich96@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by hurlaspecial123: 1:57pm On Jun 08, 2017
ohizzyy7:

when did you submit your application,paper or online route

Online sInce Feb 2nd
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by hurlaspecial123: 1:59pm On Jun 08, 2017
nelly28:

Chill bro keep praying & hope for d best.

Thanks boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 2:17pm On Jun 08, 2017
Edilanco:
Hello guys.,please has anyone collected his /her processed passport? We're the supporting documents used in applying also returned?...please I need an urgent response so as to know if mine was a mistake.

Supporting documents are usually not returned hence why we are asked to submit photocopies only.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Michaelbay: 2:20pm On Jun 08, 2017
mcobex:
once you are there it shouldn't take u more than 30mins , depending on the number of applicants to be attended to b4 u

@ mcobex please I need your knowledge base on. I submitted my application this morning and 7 also made a payment for my biometric and visa application $250 CAD. I only got a a payment receipt and official receipt for both, now I need a document for biometric I ahead I need an instruction letter to do my biometric? Any clue on what document one need to do biometric.?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Michaelbay: 2:26pm On Jun 08, 2017
please I need your knowledge base on. I submitted my application this morning and I also made a payment for my biometric and visa application $250 CAD. I only got a a payment receipt and official receipt for both, now I need a document for biometric I ahead I need an instruction letter to do my biometric how do I get that as the two print out is all I got from the app site should I wait for CIC to message my instruction biometric letter or can do my biometric with this two Doc ? Any clue on what document one need to do biometric.?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nolongthang: 3:16pm On Jun 08, 2017
Guys guys.. good work on this tread.
Meanwhile, I have got an admission to the college of north atlantic, they need me to pay for registration fee and tuition ofcourse. Anyone here who's in the College or close. I need some info's
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 3:34pm On Jun 08, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 3:52pm On Jun 08, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by femolala001(m): 3:53pm On Jun 08, 2017
Mabs16:

mabadejesunday@yahoo.com

Thank u.

Femidavid2@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 3:55pm On Jun 08, 2017
Edilanco:
Igbouwanile:

In my then app., all was returned & intact, except cic related forms.

Since February this year, almost all refused paper route application are not returned with supporting documents. Just the passport and the refusal letter are included in the dispatched envelop.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 3:58pm On Jun 08, 2017
Michaelbay:

@ mcobex please I need your knowledge base on. I submitted my application this morning and 7 also made a payment for my biometric and visa application $250 CAD. I only got a a payment receipt and official receipt for both, now I need a document for biometric I ahead I need an instruction letter to do my biometric? Any clue on what document one need to do biometric.?
you need a letter from cic asking u to go for biometric, just be patient and you will be asked by cic to go for ur biometric.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by femolala001(m): 4:04pm On Jun 08, 2017
nelly28:

Bro go on and pay d application fees ( hope 4 d best), I hope u applied to oda schools too.

Info on how 2 apply 4 ur study permits, When ur LOA is out( I know MUN LOA is unconditional ) but due to d new CIC policy, it either you pay for you full tuition or show a proof of a Dom account statement & reference letter if u operate any, along side ur other academic & work( if any) documents & 4 how much will will b needing slightly depend on ur tuition fees and for d change dat depend too or ur packaging, try as much as possible to present ur best shot. below are guide and CIC forms.
ttp://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/forms_study-formulaires_etude.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

1) Instruction guide
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp

2) Checklists
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/assets/pdfs/visas/53_1_eng.pdf

3) Application Form
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1294E.PDF

4) Family Information Form
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5645E.PDF

5) Study Permit Questionnaire
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/assets/pdfs/visas/53_2_eng.pdf

SUCCESS BRO.
Thanks boss.. really appreciate. But i still av some questions. Wat if i dont pay d application fees? Will i be required to fill d form again when next i want to pay?
I want to budget 5m to do my masters..will that be enough or too small?
Although my mom is d one sponsoring me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.