Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,653 members, 7,844,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (890197 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by McOsheBaba(m): 4:24pm On Jun 21, 2017
Miopade:
Hello house, I sincerely need your help.
I just gained admission to study HRM in Thompson Rivers University, BC and I have paid my tuition fee for the first semester already. Resumption date is 5th of Sept. 2017.
My concerns are...
1. Am using a company's account with a closing balance of 10mill. Hope it is OK to use?
2. Hope am not late already to apply for a study permit? What are my chances of getting approved for this fall resumption.

Thank you, Regards!

You are wasting more time. Go ahead and apply as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Abacino007(m): 4:41pm On Jun 21, 2017
Good day house, it's so disheartening that I just get to know about this platform because I submitted my application 10th of May 2017. It was after then I discovered this thread. All what I thought was hard has been made simply simple here. You guys are awesome.
I was offered admission at Algonquin college to study HRM, I have bsc Economics, and I finished my service April 7 2017.
Before I start gathering my visa application documents, I never knew there is a problem of home ties that one needs to tackle until after my submission and got enlightened by this great platform.
These are the documents I submitted
1. All the forms required for study permit
2. Letter of Leave Approval from the company I'm currently working with.
3. Letter of Introduction from the company stating I am an employee, that they would be responsible for 50% of my tuition fee and would also pay 50% of my monthly salaries althrough my 10 months stay in Canada. Same letter contains a promotion promise after the completion of the program and my position as the Admin and Human Resources Officer of the company.
4. The company's SOA. The company is owned by my uncle but I did not state my relationship with the CEO.
5. Sponsor letter from my sister that is already married.
6. Letter of Introduction from her place of work stating that her monthly salary is 550k. attached with her ID card
6. Affidavit of sponsor from my sister stating that she's married with two kids and her responsibilities to her husband is in form of support basically in the home-front.
7. My Sponsor (My sister) SOA of two different bank accounts with closing balance of 14.2m when added together.
8. A photocopy of her shares certificate with Oando.
9. Her marriage certificate. I used that as a proof of relationship that she's truly my sister since her surname in the marriage certificate is same as mine
10. Receipt of payment of 50% (9000CAD) of tuition fee as required by the school before admission can stand. Paid by the company
11. Admission letter from the school
12. My SOP showing the relationship between my UG course and the proposed course of study. And the reason why I chose that course. (Painful I did not know I have gurus available somewhere that can vet it for me) but God is in control.
13. My NYSC certificate
14. Bsc Certificate
15. WAEC Result.
16. One month Pay slip from my work place.
17. Photocopy of my office ID card
18. Police Report.

I hope and want the gurus in the house would look into my post and documents I have submitted to know if I have been able to fulfill the home tie condition and other conditions needed to get approved based on human belief and experience. Any contributions and criticism is allowed because that would allow me to know where to Channel my prayers to.
I have recently linked my account online but nothing has been carried out.
I pray God grants everyone their heart desires.
We shall all testify to the goodness of God.
Anytime our applications are ready for review, favour would be ours. The VO won't have choice than to fall in love with our documents and above all, approval shall be ours.
Thank you all, I'm sorry for the lengthy write up and pardon my mistakes

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MRtristan: 4:47pm On Jun 21, 2017
Hello Everyone...

please i'm planning on applying for masters January intake, if possibly i get my offer letter next month and clear out my first sem fees, can i proceed to visa application even if its still 7-6 months away from intake date?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by likeababygirl: 4:49pm On Jun 21, 2017
MRtristan:
Hello Everyone...

please i'm planning on applying for masters January intake, if possibly i get my offer letter next month and clear out my first sem fees, can i proceed to visa application even if its still 7-6 months away from intake date?

Thanks
Yes you can apply for your visa when you get your admission. In fact, the earlier the better.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MRtristan: 4:51pm On Jun 21, 2017
likeababygirl:

Yes you can apply for your visa when you get your admission. In fact, the earlier the better.

Thanks...I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tomexy4(m): 4:52pm On Jun 21, 2017
Hello to all GURUS in the house. I have a question. I submitted my application online on the 9th of june and i a about going for biometrics. My question is
1. Do i need to provide birth certificates of my siblings? Most of them have lost theirs.
2. Will i need to fill the study permit questionaire ?? I think only paper applicants are required to fill that.

PLEASE I NEED ANSWERS. THANK YOU ALL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by RealObserver(m): 4:56pm On Jun 21, 2017
bluegirl080115:

Oga, if you're found guilty of misrepresentation without a ban then it's all good. If you're not found guilty, wonderful...
But from what i saw the vo handling your case is very kind and I wish you the best.
Expect something from that 29th May to July. Good job in replying your misrepresentation case
Thumbs up. Your application is a 50-50 chance and it's being reviewed critically. ... hope for the best and i pray for approval
#onelove

I have strong belief that you are bluffing sha... You are just looking for a way to get out of boredom that's why you've been postulating vague outcomes...

Please don't raise people's hope unnecessarily, in due time they will hear from CIC, at this point there's nothing one can do after application. Don't come and raise hopes and disappoint people .

Thirdly I may be wrong in my assertions, so I implore you to give specifics and not mere speculations ( like the 1-8 weeks you stated earlier on)

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bluegirl080115: 5:09pm On Jun 21, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 5:14pm On Jun 21, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 5:16pm On Jun 21, 2017
Abiodunne:
Got a mail for misrepresentation on 9th January 2017

Baba abeg which misrepresentation was it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by EJIZY: 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2017
bluegirl080115:

Sorry sir
I won't post again. Don't be offended
Thanks

LOL....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 21, 2017
MRtristan:
Hello Everyone...

Thanks
please do.. There's no harm in applying early, as admission takes time. Get that done, get your documents /pof and you're good to go.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by RealObserver(m): 5:24pm On Jun 21, 2017
bluegirl080115:

Sorry sir
I won't post again. Don't be offended
Thanks
Lol...

Oya continue o, seems some folks here like your prophecy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bbclue(f): 5:28pm On Jun 21, 2017
Observing........ grin grin angry grin and just passing byeeeeeeeeee
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 5:31pm On Jun 21, 2017
Miopade:
I just gained admission to study HRM in Thompson Rivers University, BC
1. Am using a company's account
2. What are my chances of getting approved.
1. do u wrk wit de company, who owns it, what is your relationship wit de company/owner?
2. hope ur UG course/work experience is well in line wit HRM wit a convincing SOP, if not, think am well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Shonky: 5:51pm On Jun 21, 2017
I also applied on 12th May. I did not do my medicals upfront but was emailed to do so on 29th May. How are you able to know if your medicals were successful via the paper route? Thanks.
PureRuby:

hope soo. Mine will be 6 weeks tomorrow and I applied on 12th May. Only medicals have been updated for more than 3 weeks now.
It will end in praise by God's grace. grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by cnonwnuwsp17: 6:01pm On Jun 21, 2017
Good day guys and ladies, please I just noticed a mistake on my student permit application.

Duration of expected study I filled 3 years instead of a year and a half. There was a mistake in my initial admission letter I forgot to correct it when I got the correct admission letter. Will be application be refused or delayed for that reason?

I stated it's a year and a half on my sop and study permit questionnaire.

I submitted my application may 25

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Kowalskiq(m): 6:20pm On Jun 21, 2017
Shonky:
I also applied on 12th May. I did not do my medicals upfront but was emailed to do so on 29th May. How are you able to know if your medicals were successful via the paper route? Thanks.
Seu.n Wetin dey worry this your business.
Gateway 502 error since

Back to topic.
Brother, I applied on 4th May, online route, I got a mail for biometric capturing almost immediately, which I have since done.
I also didn't do Upfront Medicals, and I haven't received any feedback from CIC on this
I have mailed them, no response.
I checked my account it says, application in process.
Shebi, I can't go and do Medicals at this stage, unless I get a mail from CIC,
What do you think

House please what do guys think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Miopade: 6:27pm On Jun 21, 2017
Igbouwanile:

Good to hear u are heading to Kamloops.
Ur number 1 question has so many rigors surrounding it, do u wrk wit de company, who owns it, what is your relationship wit de company/owner?

On number 2, hope ur undergraduate course/work experience is well in line wit HRM wit a strong convincing SOP, if not, think am well.

Thanks Man..
Am Not really related with the owner but wanna claim a cousinlike relationship backed with an affidavit. Secondly, it is a Post baccalaureate diploma in HRM. What is your take pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Kof99: 7:42pm On Jun 21, 2017
1. Please who has information about anyone who received a procedural fairness letter and still got approved?
2. Pls what documents should be submitted when responding to this fairness letter about not stating previous refusal to another country?
Please gurus in the house!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 21, 2017
dimpules8:

Good evening, may I get some quick information from you?, specifically the day you applied and when you got the request to pay your first year tuition and show proof of funds for your first year-if you wish to provide such, thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 21, 2017
Kof99:
1. Please who has information about anyone who received a procedural fairness letter and still got approved?
2. Pls what documents should be submitted when responding to this fairness letter about not stating previous refusal to another country?
Please gurus in the house!!!!

I think this depends on the issue and how guilty/complicit you are?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 8:13pm On Jun 21, 2017
Hi Everyone
So a colleague of mine was refused study permit for Call 2016 and get profile is as follows
Bsc food processing and technology 2002
Work experience: A ground handling company at the airport
PA to the CEO 2005-2010
Manager Sales and Marketing 2010 till data
Sponsoring her self acc with 20000 Cad
Travel history
Us uk and Canada
Married with 2 kids but going alone
Proposed course of study. Integrated Aviation Management

She submitted all docs from birth certificates to employment referrence letters, to house documents, shares certificate and so on.

She applies for gcms notes which states her program of study in Canada is no consistent with previous study or employment history and not satisfied with the P.A. explanation as to why she wants to study it in canada and he is not satisfied the applicant is a genuine student.

My questions are
1. She works in the aviation industry as a marketing person so how is it that it's not related( if she were to be in operations would it be a better relationship)
2. She made a mistake in her application stating tuition as 4500 cad instead of 16500 cad but that didnt come up as a reason for denial
3. If she applies for a marketing course can it be sold?

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 8:19pm On Jun 21, 2017
MudiagaOdogun:
@Austinpee, Pls can I email you my SOP for vetting. Thank you
Send me a Pm.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Abiodunne: 8:19pm On Jun 21, 2017
Igbouwanile:

Baba abeg which misrepresentation was it?

I was refused US visa in 2005.. wasnt my fault sha..
Dad was the principal applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 8:23pm On Jun 21, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Sorry if this is derailing but

@smartlawyer @austinepee4 and others please an advice is needed on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3874982/he-wants-sue-uber-nigeria#57727145

All contributions will be appreciated
Baba, me no sabi anything concerning that one. I may not give sufficient suggestion regarding that. Sorry bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 8:31pm On Jun 21, 2017
tomexy4:
Hello to all GURUS in the house. I have a question. I submitted my application online on the 9th of june and i a about going for biometrics. My question is
1. Do i need to provide birth certificates of my siblings? Most of them have lost theirs.
2. Will i need to fill the study permit questionaire ?? I think only paper applicants are required to fill that.

PLEASE I NEED ANSWERS. THANK YOU ALL
You only need to go and give your biometrics. Since you submitted already, u don need to give additional document(s) untill it is requested.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bluegirl080115: 8:55pm On Jun 21, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 8:58pm On Jun 21, 2017
cnonwnuwsp17:
Good day guys and ladies, please I just noticed a mistake on my student permit application.

Duration of expected study I filled 3 years instead of a year and a half. There was a mistake in my initial admission letter I forgot to correct it when I got the correct admission letter. Will be application be refused or delayed for that reason?

I stated it's a year and a half on my sop and study permit questionnaire.

I submitted my application may 25

Thanks
No, it will not be refused for that reason. If there is any need of clarification, your offer letter will give necessary information or better still, they can contact your school directly for further clarification.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bluegirl080115: 9:01pm On Jun 21, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:40pm On Jun 21, 2017
bluegirl080115:

Don't you think it will be seen as a clear act of denying especially when it is written in ink in the questionnaire... Hmm and the Academic letter says different
Let's hope for the best
#onelove
Certainly not a reason for refusal for any of the reasons you stated. The offer letter is the guide and any information on it will will guide officers. Eg. A case where no end date is stated but the study permit is issued for 2 years for a program with max duration of 2 years. This tells they know how their system work irrespective of what is filled by the applicant as start and end date. Besides,i have never seen or heard of a refusal based on discrepancies in start and end dates of program.

If they need clarification, they most likely will contact the school for further information regarding exacts as this will guide IRCC on the length of issuance of the study permit as well as the TRV. They have cooperation with the DLI because they set the standard for them to follow regarding information(s) to be displayed on each offer letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by cnonwnuwsp17: 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2017
bluegirl080115:

Don't you think it will be seen as a clear act of denying especially when it is written in ink in the questionnaire... Hmm and the Academic letter says different
Let's hope for the best
#onelove

The mistake was made on my study permit application form, on the questionnaire I stated it's 1.5 years. (Typed not hand written) it is also stated on the admission letter

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (505)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.