Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (880255 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sugaro: 8:37am On Jul 22, 2017
Wow! Congrats Icandor

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by skylar2020(f): 8:48am On Jul 22, 2017
IFY200:

please go to lagos( it's 5k) ...that's alot cheaper. In Benin they would charge you 25k

Ok but can one get it in Lagos same day?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ayonet(m): 8:51am On Jul 22, 2017
skylar2020:

Within 30mins to an Hour na.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Darrelah: 8:52am On Jul 22, 2017
Hmm now that Nigeria's forex inflow has increased.. CIC abeg no ask for one year fees again.. Nomore excuse of due to foreign currency control policy.......
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by AAOL: 8:59am On Jul 22, 2017
Darrelah:
Hmm now that Nigeria's forex inflow has increased.. CIC abeg no ask for one year fees again.. Nomore excuse of due to foreign currency control policy.......

Hello. Have you got any news from CIC?. What's your eligibility status saying?. I can see you applied on April 3rd.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by RAY12345(m): 9:05am On Jul 22, 2017
Osemigho:

If in lagos, pm. I have everything you need for success in GRE. Videos and textbooks. Just be willing to visit with an 8GB flash drive.

cc: @Adesire1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Darrelah: 9:26am On Jul 22, 2017
We are reviewing...... No medicals yet tho

AAOL:

Hello. Have you got any news from CIC?. What's your eligibility status saying?. I can see you applied on April 3rd.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 9:33am On Jul 22, 2017
masciano77:
Thank you guys finally I got my passport today.
Applied on the 29/04/2017 with upfront medical
Medical mail on the 23/06/2017
Approved/and passport request: 17/07/2017
Passport returned: 21/07/2017
Congratulations, news we love to hear.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 9:36am On Jul 22, 2017
Icandor:

Yaayyyy! Just got approved today. Thank you Jesus. April 24th paper route. More testimonies coming.
wow! i love de shout Yaayyyy, congratulations,, it can only be God.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CPA01: 9:53am On Jul 22, 2017
Darrelah:
We are reviewing...... No medicals yet tho

Thanks. What about your background checks?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by edison302(m): 10:16am On Jul 22, 2017
Good morning house my name is Edison I get admission to study in Icm Manitoba I applied on the 18 of April and get a refusal by june stating they are not satisfied that I have enough money without working in Canada for one year and not sure if I will leave Canada after study they check travel history and purpose of visit but am going there as and undergraduate document submitted all my academy record letter from sponsor my dad and a bank statement with a closing balance of 11m pls help me out am thinking of reapplying pls I need help from you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Newman1010: 10:34am On Jul 22, 2017
@Amnotapervert, which of the hospitals did you do your medical? I noticed it took 3 days to update your profile.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by IFY200: 10:37am On Jul 22, 2017
skylar2020:

sure less than 45mins
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by IFY200: 10:40am On Jul 22, 2017
@AAOL I can't send pm but pm me your number and we chat on whatapp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Asihanmi: 12:04pm On Jul 22, 2017
Yomalicious:

Purpose of visit
What was your job description for the 5 years in the bank?

Finiancials
Do the maths your tuition plus 10k living expenses.

My JD financial institution had been had been sales though i drive Electronic channels. Had a previous workexpereine during NYSC and immediately after NYSC in IT firms.
Summary of my overall skills are:

 Over 5 years experience in retail banking and customer service. Key competence area includes and re not limited to selling of the bank’s products to corporate and retail customers.
 Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite.
 In depth knowledge of Electronic dispute resolution of all customer complaints eg. POS, ATM, Debit cards etc
 Hands on knowledge of the bank’s policy and procedure
 Manage existing individual relationships and ensure customer retention
 Conduct credit appraisals, Compile and manage loan documents e.g. Salary earners.

As regards my financials: The tuition fee was $ CAD 23,000 while on the study permit form i wrote $CAD35,000 even when my sponsor and my bank account was built up to $CAD 60,000.

I sincerely wish to further my education, i do not know if i should still reapply with the same course and school for Sept 2017.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 12:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
Hello House, sorry about the silence

Been busy with preparations including sorting accommodation(which hasn't been sorted still) to course registration, and other things

II'm glad and rejoice with @masciano and @icandor also @amnotapervert grin

Many more good news to come

@derel I love your spirit, infact I love you grin let your reapplication cover all possible loopholes( as highlighted by the gcms I hope you have already ordered sef) and at the same time explore the EE route

@maziude give us poe gist if you have travelled

Lastly anybody heading to UofM?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Asihanmi: 12:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
Shonky:

Is this MTEI program for Saint Mary's? If yes PM ... lets talk. I'm taking the same program

Yes it is.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Asihanmi: 12:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
Shonky:

Is this MTEI program for Saint Mary's? If yes PM ... lets talk. I'm taking the same program

Please contact me on ojulianah@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Yomalicious(f): 12:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
Asihanmi:

My JD financial institution had been had been sales though i drive Electronic channels. Had a previous workexpereine during NYSC and immediately after NYSC in IT firms.
Summary of my overall skills are:

 Over 5 years experience in retail banking and customer service. Key competence area includes and re not limited to selling of the bank’s products to corporate and retail customers.
 Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite.
 In depth knowledge of Electronic dispute resolution of all customer complaints eg. POS, ATM, Debit cards etc
 Hands on knowledge of the bank’s policy and procedure
 Manage existing individual relationships and ensure customer retention
 Conduct credit appraisals, Compile and manage loan documents e.g. Salary earners.

As regards my financials: The tuition fee was $ CAD 23,000 while on the study permit form i wrote $CAD35,000 even when my sponsor and my bank account was built up to $CAD 60,000.

I sincerely wish to further my education, i do not know if i should still reapply with the same course and school for Sept 2017.

Your previous study relates with your present course but the issue is you have 5 years working experience not related to the course you have chosen. My sincere advice is pick a course related to your present profession like an MBA (career progression). Get a reference letter from your finiancial institution that states your job description so it shows relationship. Then write an SOP.

I think you finaincials is ok oh. I don't know why it has insufficient funds as a reason. You can pay your fees as an alternative.

Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by skylar2020(f): 12:52pm On Jul 22, 2017
IFY200:

sure less than 45mins

Ok thanks
What's the address in Lagos
And what time do they close at their office
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by skylar2020(f): 12:53pm On Jul 22, 2017
Adunni22:

Don't understand. You gave two response
You said online and paper
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 12:58pm On Jul 22, 2017
CanadianNurse:

Been busy with preparations including sorting accommodation(which hasn't been sorted still) to course registration, and other things

@derel I love your spirit, infact I love you grin let your reapplication cover all possible loopholes( as highlighted by the gcms I hope you have already ordered sef) and at the same time explore the EE route

Ah, i thought you are already in CannyLand.

Thanks as I am looking for ways to cover up all the loopholes and address the issues highlighted by the VO.

As for EE, i have not really being able to understand that procedure as I have not even written or applied for IELTS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 1:01pm On Jul 22, 2017
CanadianNurse:

Sure boss... Will be going next week by God's grace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 1:18pm On Jul 22, 2017
maziude:

Wow...Safe trip
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MagnaB: 1:23pm On Jul 22, 2017
Hello guys, my travel visa has just been approved this 20/07/2019 for my Master's program in Engineering Management at University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT) and i am to begin my program this September 2017 and i can't find accommodation yet. Is there anyone around Oshawa who can help me with accommodation for just a few days or weeks just for me to sort accommodation. I promise my stay will be very short. I just need somewhere to stay in the mean time before i sort myself out. I look forward to a response.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 1:25pm On Jul 22, 2017
Emmane:

I don't wanna sound lame @Osemigho. But what is GRE and GMAT? Are they botanical names Lol.

Lol. Let those going to America catch you.

Generally, They are necessary exams for graduate admission in USA, depending on the course, one of them is usually sufficient with TOEFL/IELTS.

However, few Canadian programs require them too. Mostly, MBA and Psychology programs.

Google those acronyms for full gist
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 1:28pm On Jul 22, 2017
maziude:

Safe trip man. Your take-off, lay-over, landing, and immigration officer at border experience shall be peaceful and fruitful. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 22, 2017
CanadianNurse:

Why not go for a cheap Air bnb then hunt for your own accommodation? Just my opinion
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 1:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
DereI:

As for EE, i have not really being able to understand that procedure as I have not even written or applied for IELTS.

Long procedure, and it is well simplified in page 0 of the "other room". Go and read it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DereI(f): 1:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
sthillz:

Why not go for a cheap Air bnb then hunt for your own accommodation? Just my opinion

Yeah, my thoughts exactly... Air Bnb is a better alternative then source for accommodation yourself over there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 22, 2017
MagnaB:
Hello guys, my travel visa has just been approved this 20/07/2019 for my Master's program in Engineering Management at University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT) and i am to begin my program this September 2017 and i can't find accommodation yet. Is there anyone around Oshawa who can help me with accommodation for just a few days or weeks just for me to sort accommodation. I promise my stay will be very short. I just need somewhere to stay in the mean time before i sort myself out. I look forward to a response.

For short stay..I recommend Air bnb and then look around for accommodation

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.