Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,697 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (487) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (877860 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adesire1: 1:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
RAY12345:

cc: @Adesire1
Thank you very much for your response but i stay in Ibadan...how can i get it please? Already sent u a pm...kindly reply. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2017
Congrats to approved applicants. Move on to flight reservation.

To the delayed, ordered GCMS.

About to submit for visa, get a mentor and read the thread well, and ask the most stupid questions if possible. No man is an island of knowledge.

To admission seekers, read the instructions on your program website well, fulfill all requirements (Especially getting a Supervisor, if needed), and apply to at least 3 schools.

If you know that you don't have money for fees and or upkeep, but you have high CGPA, focus on schools and programs that will offer you full funding (their scholarship minus their school fee is $10,000cad or more).

Also, get one mentor at least. mentors will likely save you from costly mistakes. If you can't find one, mentor yourself by reading everything and anything about what you don't know or will like to know. YouTube, google, and several threads like ours can be helpful.

All the best.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adesire1: 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2017
Osemigho:

If in lagos, pm. I have everything you need for success in GRE. Videos and textbooks. Just be willing to visit with an 8GB flash drive.
Thank you for your response, but i am in Ibadan...how can i get it please..alrready sent u a pm...kindly respond. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 1:44pm On Jul 22, 2017
Osemigho:

Safe trip man. Your take-off, lay-over, landing, and immigration officer at border experience shall be peaceful and fruitful. Amen.

Amen...

Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 1:45pm On Jul 22, 2017
DereI:

Wow...Safe trip

Amen ... Thanks boss.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2017
Adesire1:

Thank you very much for your response but i stay in Ibadan...how can i get it please? Already sent u a pm...kindly reply. Thank you

1- Google.

2- Travel to lagos.

3- contact someone in lagos, that will travel to Ibadan soon, to help you get it.

4- think of other options.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 1:49pm On Jul 22, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Hello House, sorry about the silence

Been busy with preparations including sorting accommodation(which hasn't been sorted still) to course registration, and other things

II'm glad and rejoice with @masciano and @icandor also @amnotapervert grin

Many more good news to come

@derel I love your spirit, infact I love you grin let your reapplication cover all possible loopholes( as highlighted by the gcms I hope you have already ordered sef) and at the same time explore the EE route

@maziude give us poe gist if you have travelled

Lastly anybody heading to UofM?
Hi bro, there should be one or more persons on this thread in ur school that can help u stay with him for a day or two while u search for ur own apartment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 1:51pm On Jul 22, 2017
maziude:

Sure boss... Will be going next week by God's grace
Safe journey bro, we are coming behind u by God's grace

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 22, 2017
Osemigho:

He should check GRE thread on nairaland. He can download lot of materials there and even get tips on how to pass the exam.

Cc: Adesire1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by maziude: 2:00pm On Jul 22, 2017
mcobex:
Safe journey bro, we are coming behind u by God's grace

Amen...Thanks boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by BlackNigerian: 2:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
Am new on this thread. I have a question for experienced peeps on this thread. Here goes my situation:I have an uncle willing to pay my first year fees in Canada. I intend studying nursing. Can I work and take of my self and pay subsequent school fees?

P.s:I need recommendation on cheap nursing colleges in Canada also.

Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ogheneese07: 2:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
Austinpee4:

Your intended program is not a new area to you. As a matter of fact, you are knowledgeable in this field already. So you must outrightly convince a visa officer that the PGD is what you need and what will make you competetive in this area. The burden will be greatly on you to explain your study plan with the program. Why it is best for you since you can't get into a master program.

How you intend to progress from it to a master program (if this is your ultimate goal) which at the end will make you more competetive and give you more advantages and opportunities. Like it is stated here often, the technical areas and most of Pgc/pgd programs are work place focused. People going for these programs use it to lunch their entry into the work place or use it to change a career field at the graduate level. So everything is up to you to make your plan clear, convincing amd compelling.

Your age will not affect your chances.
@Austinepee4 please can I send my statements of purpose for you to review. I will appreciate your honest constructive criticism.Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by mcobex: 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
BlackNigerian:
Am new on this thread. I have a question for experienced peeps on this thread. Here goes my situation:I have an uncle willing to pay my first year fees in Canada. I intend studying nursing. Can I work and take of my self and pay subsequent school fees?

P.s:I need recommendation on cheap nursing colleges in Canada also.

Cheers
What now happens if you can't work enough to raise ur tuition while in Canada? it's not advisable bro. Though I haven't been to Canada before but I know someone people say it can be more demanding than we think. NB: the fact that as a student u can only work for 20 hours/week(while school is on session) reduces ur chances of making enough to sort ur tuition and living expenses conviniently, though u might be LUCKY but it's not advisable
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by BlackNigerian: 2:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
mcobex:
What now happens if you can't work enough to raise ur tuition while in Canada? it's not advisable bro. Though I haven't been to Canada before but I know someone people say it can be more demanding than we think. NB: the fact that as a student u can only work for 20 hours/week(while school is on session) reduces ur chances of making enough to sort ur tuition and living expenses conviniently, though u might be LUCKY but it's not advisable

Ok thanks man
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Cscd1234: 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2017
I literally danced when I saw this.
Super happy for you brother.
I celebrate with you.
My trv approval would be the very next to be announced.
Thank you Jesus.

Icandor:

Yaayyyy! Just got approved today. Thank you Jesus. April 24th paper route. More testimonies coming.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Cscd1234: 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2017
Congratulations on your approval.
I celebrate with you.
I would announce my trv approval this week too.
Thank you Jesus for perfecting it all.
It can only Be God.

MagnaB:
Hello guys, my travel visa has just been approved this 20/07/2019 for my Master's program in Engineering Management at University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT) and i am to begin my program this September 2017 and i can't find accommodation yet. Is there anyone around Oshawa who can help me with accommodation for just a few days or weeks just for me to sort accommodation. I promise my stay will be very short. I just need somewhere to stay in the mean time before i sort myself out. I look forward to a response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CanadianNurse: 3:01pm On Jul 22, 2017
mcobex:
Hi bro, there should be one or more persons on this thread in ur school that can help u stay with him for a day or two while u search for ur own apartment.
do you happen to know any of such person sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by kosb: 3:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
GlitteringStar:

He should check GRE thread on nairaland. He can download lot of materials there and even get tips on how to pass the exam.

Cc: Adesire1

You could also drop your email address. Can share my GRE folder with you on google drive. Cheers @Adesire1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by BlessPJ: 3:21pm On Jul 22, 2017
I need your help please. Am about submitting my application and wish to apply online. The big thing there is I have Nine (9) supporting documents which i have compress there sizes, please how can I attach all because the space to attach documents can't go contain all. What do I do Pls update.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by drwrites: 3:21pm On Jul 22, 2017
Please how does one order for gcms and how long does it? Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by olahtunhy(m): 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2017
BlessPJ:
I need your help please. Am about submitting my application and wish to apply online. The big thing there is I have Nine (9) supporting documents which i have compress there sizes, please how can I attach all because the space to attach documents can't go contain all. What do I do Pls. Update.

You need to make you document all in 1 pdf file accordingly and numerically.
By that it's easier for cic to review....
Best of luck to you....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CPA01: 3:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
Guys I just checked online and saw updated but when I opened my account there was no update. Please what could have happened?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by tuzinde(m): 3:33pm On Jul 22, 2017
CPA01:
Guys I just checked online and saw updated but when I opened my account there was no update. Please what could have happened?
It means your file was checked by CIC staff, and by default you will see the updated, u may log in again and won't see it. Give a day or two, u will get the real update of the next stage to your application

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by senatonato(m): 4:00pm On Jul 22, 2017
here's what i did.

scan picture

Open Word Application

drag and drop all pictures into Word application

Now this is how you reduce the quality/size

click to select one picture

look for the "FORMAT" tab at the top of the word application (it should be the last to the right)

click it.

when you do, the icons at the top should change, so from the Top Left Corner, look for "compress picture"

click it

uncheck "Apply only to this picture" & select E-mail (96ppi), click on ok

save your word doc. and check the size again VOILA
BlessPJ:
I need your help please. Am about submitting my application and wish to apply online. The big thing there is I have Nine (9) supporting documents which i have compress there sizes, please how can I attach all because the space to attach documents can't go contain all. What do I do Pls update.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Adesire1: 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2017
kosb:

You could also drop your email address. Can share my GRE folder with you on google drive. Cheers @Adesire1
Thank you. omotolaniolotu01@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by willyboss: 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2017
www.pdfmerge.com
BlessPJ:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by BlessPJ: 4:16pm On Jul 22, 2017
olahtunhy:

Thanks but like the landed documents that I can scan page by page, should I still insert them on PDF lime that?

You need to make you document all in 1 pdf file accordingly and numerically.
By that it's easier for cic to review....
Best of luck to you....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CPA01: 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
tuzinde:

It means your file was checked by CIC staff, and by default you will see the updated, u may log in again and won't see it. Give a day or two, u will get the real update of the next stage to your application

Thanks bro

I dey fear big time. Hope its positive bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by frcxs(m): 4:38pm On Jul 22, 2017
kosb:

@kosb I just PMed you, can you please share the folder with me.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by VeecThorr(m): 5:10pm On Jul 22, 2017
Hi,
I'm going to apply for my Canadian study visa in a couple of weeks for my Bachelors degree. I want to know the documents I should attach to the application. I'm 17 btw if that helps and going the paper route. Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by amnotapervert(m): 5:23pm On Jul 22, 2017
Newman1010:
@Amnotapervert, which of the hospitals did you do your medical? I noticed it took 3 days to update your profile.
at ikoyi the children practice..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by MrMarc: 5:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
Asihanmi:

My JD financial institution had been had been sales though i drive Electronic channels. Had a previous workexpereine during NYSC and immediately after NYSC in IT firms.
Summary of my overall skills are:

 Over 5 years experience in retail banking and customer service. Key competence area includes and re not limited to selling of the bank’s products to corporate and retail customers.
 Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite.
 In depth knowledge of Electronic dispute resolution of all customer complaints eg. POS, ATM, Debit cards etc
 Hands on knowledge of the bank’s policy and procedure
 Manage existing individual relationships and ensure customer retention
 Conduct credit appraisals, Compile and manage loan documents e.g. Salary earners.

As regards my financials: The tuition fee was $ CAD 23,000 while on the study permit form i wrote $CAD35,000 even when my sponsor and my bank account was built up to $CAD 60,000.

I sincerely wish to further my education, i do not know if i should still reapply with the same course and school for Sept 2017.

I'd suggest you try express entry with your over 5years experience.

However if your school offers option to differ your admission,
*I further suggest you differ as Sept is already here.

**If you must apply again, please pay the full tuition fees. Let them bother with just leaving expenses which you must cover convincingly.

***Work on your home tie as it appears your job here isn't enough. Kindly get your firm to issue a letter stating you have a bond with them that mandates you to return upon completion of your studies.

****Finally, attach documents and reciepts to back up any thing you submit or claim in your SOP.

VO are humans trained like judges and only works with the evidence they have before them.

Having successfully secured U.S visit visa, U.K study Visa and Shanghem visa....I humbly state that:

By Gods grace, All Visa applications are very simple and straightforward once we understand whats required of us in all honesty and sincerity.

Ontario I am coming!

Mr. M is back!
I bring greetings yet again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.