Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (880047 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by o2(f): 2:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
@yemmdog I sent you a PM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by obaxlove(m): 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2017
o2:
Hello guys. I need some information. I did an upfront medical in September 2016 expecting that an admission will fall throug, but i didnt get any admission until recently. Can i still apply with the upfront document from over 6 months ago. I will be applying in April 2017.

Where did u do your medical pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by sekinatmi(f): 3:17pm On Mar 15, 2017
taiwo92:
my application status change to decision made yesterday @ MUN and have not heard from them. please what else can I do

@henrinco,Please help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uso84: 4:34pm On Mar 15, 2017
[quote author=Osemigho post=54598976]Have been favoured cool. Tell me why it is one of your dream school? I need to learn more.[/quote it has class plus d location sir...jobs plenty 4 Calgary n my friend graduated Frm there...she said d profs r very friendly n willing to help one succeed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 4:36pm On Mar 15, 2017
o2:
Hello guys. I need some information. I did an upfront medical in September 2016 expecting that an admission will fall throug, but i didnt get any admission until recently. Can i still apply with the upfront document from over 6 months ago. I will be applying in April 2017.

yea u can still use it, med duration last for 1year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Chimumsy20: 4:55pm On Mar 15, 2017
o2:

Yes, u can apply with d same medical. Its valid for 1 year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by lorenzos1: 5:17pm On Mar 15, 2017
Good day house, pls i want to confirm, can one use a co sponsor who is not a relative.. I intend using my fathers friend.. Will these not b a redflag.. My fees is $16000 but i av jst 9m.. Pls has anyone successfully used a non relative.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2017
Austinpee4:

Lol. E possible!

I neva enter yet o. Na fall i dey start. I still dey naija dey put head and body inside deep freezer most times to try acclimatize and familiarise myself small before i move.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by henrinco(m): 5:21pm On Mar 15, 2017
taiwo92:
@sekinatmi i applied to civil eng department
Send a mail to spgs@mun.ca,sgs@mun.ca,noseworthy@gmail.com,k43kpt@mun.ca
Just appeal to have decision sent to your mail to expedite visa process shikena. Quote your student number, name and DOB
You'll have it in next few hours.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 5:47pm On Mar 15, 2017
henrinco:

Just appeal to have decision sent to your mail to expedite visa process shikena. Quote your student number, name and DOB

Send to one and copy others in the email. I Think that will be better than individual email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by LMay(f): 5:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
vickertony:
Which school is that bro?

University of Saskatchewan
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 6:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
lorenzos1:
Good day house, pls i want to confirm, can one use a co sponsor who is not a relative.. I intend using my fathers friend.. Will these not b a redflag.. My fees is $16000 but i av jst 9m.. Pls has anyone successfully used a non relative.

From the little have read, below is what i know.

Yes. But you will have to submit sensitive documents like employment letter, pay slip and introduction letter if employee, statement of account, alongside letter of support, affidavit of support, copy of property ownership documents, etc to prove their financial strength. while you are likely to submit same, excluding letter of support and affidavit, you will need well crafted SOP/LOE clearly explaining it.
Getting those sensitive documents from uncles and aunts can be difficult not to talk of non-relative. Any non-relative that give you must be an Angel.
From his/her account, your co-sponsor can transfer money to your account or pay your fees, before printing statement of account, and state it in their LOE.
However, if you are able to secure funding enough to cover at least your fees, your 9million is more than enough, if a whole cmmunity is not depending on you.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 6:08pm On Mar 15, 2017
lorenzos1:

yea 3rd part sponsor is allowed provided u can prove or make d VO see reasons while he choose to sponsor you ...so that can be cleared on ur sponsors letter of sponsorship and for d funds 9m isn't enough in addition to other and CIC 10k going with d present exchange rate is 11m plus from my oh calculation for you, so if ur sponsor can transfer to you account as top up wit a written note it will b fine. success

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by spores99(m): 6:44pm On Mar 15, 2017
hello house evening..... please I am seeking some one kind enough to help me proofread my SOP has I have been writing and re writing for 2weeks.....I would greatly appreciate any kind volunteer so as for me to know your opinion
. thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by o2(f): 7:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
@obaxlove I did it at Children's practice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jasondavidz1: 7:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
michaelbelgium:

for merging PDF files, i normally use PDF converter app on my PC to combine the files to one. alternatively,you can download the app from google or use google straight away to do that.
reduction of document side can be done using adobe acrobat. you can as well upload your documents on pdf reduction app on google and reduce it.

Thanks a lot bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 7:59pm On Mar 15, 2017
My sincere appreciation goes to God for sending Horpsy5 to me in mid-December.

She came to me, via this platform, seeking help to get supervisor(s). I told her my strategy of bombarding all professor in my field of interest with well drafted email, no matter the school or location, so long it is masters.

In an attempt to provide her with list of some potential universities in her field, I realised I haven't emailed any Prof in Calgary. Immediately, I sent an email with my well drafted research proposal to about 4 profs in my area of interest there, telling them I need supervisor for the research. Amazingly, I got two yes in less than 24hrs.

I didn't know what instrument she will be then, but now I know, cos UofToronto rejected me, and I just received an email from my Uvic prof that my first class GP is too low for funding, according to their committee, and her research funding application is yet to be successful, as such, she advised I postponed my Canada study intention due to high cost of study and living. Not knowing God don click am elsewhere.

Once again, I appreciate God, Horpsy5, and theSoj for my Calgary application. God bless you both.

To Horpsy5: Please don't give up on your dream. It may take years, but keep the faith high and be persistence.

To all admission decision waiters: God will make a way, expect the best. It may tarry, but fight and believe it will happen.

To all prospective applicant: Always have a backup plan with good application documents. Seek opinions from others and endeavor to help one another.

My Calgary application from the beginning till now thaught me to help others on this forum. I am not a fan of it cos it can very be distracting to your personal plans.

Thank you all, it shall end with praises.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 8:20pm On Mar 15, 2017
Osemigho:

She came to me, via this platform, seeking help to get supervisor(s). I told her my strategy of bombarding all professor in my field of interest with well drafted email, no matter the school or location, so long it is masters.

In an attempt to provide her with list of some potential universities in her field, I realised I haven't emailed any Prof in Calgary. Immediately, I sent an email with my well drafted research proposal to about 4 profs in my area of interest there, telling them I need supervisor for the research. Amazingly, I got two yes in less than 24hrs.

I didn't know what instrument she will be then, but now I know, cos UofToronto rejected me, and I just received an email from my Uvic prof that my first class GP is too low for funding, according to their committee, and her research funding application is yet to be successful, as such, she advised I postponed my Canada study intention due to high cost of study and living. Not knowing God don click am elsewhere.

Once again, I appreciate God, Horpsy5, and theSoj for my Calgary application. God bless you both.

To Horpsy5: Please don't give up on your dream. It may take years, but keep the faith high and be persistence.

To all admission decision waiters: God will make a way, expect the best. It may tarry, but fight and believe it will happen.

To all prospective applicant: Always have a backup plan with good application documents. Seek opinions from others and endeavor to help one another.

My Calgary application from the beginning till now thaught me to help others on this forum. I am not a fan of it cos it can very be distracting to your personal plans.

Nice! It can't be over untill we WIN at the end. My sincere congratulations to you. God didn't bring you this far to leave you. It can only get better for you. All the best in your study permit application bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by spores99(m): 8:39pm On Mar 15, 2017
spores99:
hello house evening..... please I am seeking some one kind enough to help me proofread my SOP has I have been writing and re writing for 2weeks.....I would greatly appreciate any kind volunteer so as for me to know your opinion
. thank you

??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 15, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by sundaydammy: 8:55pm On Mar 15, 2017
michV:
you may have your application opened to be ruined if you employed the services of GVC

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 15, 2017
emmsana:

Hello Bro.
i am sorry for your experience, i almost order for the GVC service. but with this i don't know what to say.

@justwise pls advice me. With N2m what can i achieve with my family as a student? i have a wife and 2 kids.
i was hoping to use GVC because of their Bank account assistance, i don't have a huge amount of cash i can retain in my account.
i am a graphic designer with over 15 years of work experience.
i would have applied to immigrate to Canada as artist under Self-Employed Program (no need of work permit) but the application fee and the processing time of 63 months are the issue

Processing fee ($1050) and right of permanent resident fee ($490) $1,540 N 354,200
Your application (without right of permanent residence fee) $1,050 N 241,500
include your spouse or partner Processing fee ($550) and right of permanent resident fee ($490) $1,040 N 239,200
Include your spouse or partner (without right of permanent residence fee) $550 N 126,500
Include a dependent child $150(per child) N 34,500(per child)

Don't you think this is expensive?

pla am open to any fast track suggestion .
thank you all
you may have your application opened to be ruined if you employed the services of GVC(They are dubious and barbaric).if you can't get a relative as sponsor, you may narrow your search to EE route but do know it also requires account statement at long run for I don't virtually know how much is required. Sit back, Think and Plan towards this. If you do it hasty, you may fail woefully. achu ya n'ike,o na n'ike. the Igbo people here can relate to my last statement

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by justicia: 8:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
Hi All. Is this our travelling to Canada thread that has been renamed? I have been looking for it. if it is please my people i have this question: which school would you suggest for banking and finance or bus. admin among these three: MUN, PEI and UManitoba. Am concerned about fees. Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by spores99(m): 9:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
spores99:
. thank you

TRV doctor and Co.....Pls am calling out to u all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by spores99(m): 9:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
spores99:
. thank you

michV am calling out to u too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 9:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
Austinpee4:

Nice! It can't be over untill we WIN at the end. My sincere congratulations to you. God didn't bring you this far to leave you. It can only get better for you. All the best in your study permit application bro.

Amen. Thanks. Appreciate. cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nelly28: 9:05pm On Mar 15, 2017
Osemigho:

Congrats Bro more grace to your endeavours.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
henrinco:

Hello, I applied for phd at MUN my status changed to decision made, but yet get the positive mail of admission given and scholarship given
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 15, 2017
Osemigho:

Getting MSc admission in canada is tough while a professor in usa after assessing my transcript (HND) in fact is willing that I apply for masters degree @ UMass lowell but the tuition alone is high and according to her scholarship are available but the amount isn't substantial according to her.

I share your concerns about the need to prevent and protect our environment and workers from the damage done by poorly managed industrial development.  It would be great to have you join our program.  However, I am sorry to say that the scholarships that are available from the University to support international students are small and do not cover a substantial portion of the tuition, fees and living expenses.  I hope your goals are realized and that you are able to find scholarship funds from the Nigerian government or other sources to help you on your path.
Regards,
Susan Woskie

Susan R. Woskie, PhD. C.I.H – Professor
Occupational & Environmental Hygiene Program

University of Massachusetts Lowell
Department of Public Health
One University Ave, Kitson 204
Lowell, MA  01854

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 15, 2017
spores99:

TRV doctor and Co.....Pls am calling out to u all
bro currently I am reading and preparing for a promotional exam around the corner.I have being receiving PM's and private mails and even chats that I no longer respond quickly as I used to before, moreover I have pending SOPs to go through and assess with my EAGLE EYE.
Please those that sent me PMs, if it's urgent, you may have to exercise patience or refer to other monikers or gurus for I have to also attend to my own personal needs too.

That lady blue...that called her self TRV Nurse should be aware that before she can satisfactorily call herself one, she has to facilitate one VISA approval of an applicant at least to be recognised by our association as one grin grin

I greet una..

sacrificial lamb

*Trv Doc

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CannyZionist: 9:20pm On Mar 15, 2017
Osemigho:

Lol @ God don click am somewhere. A bird at hand is making more sense. I think UofC is a good uni.
I applied Dec 2015, though my file was circulated amongst profs, I wasn't able to secure one myself partly due to busy schedules.
All the best Obhiepa!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 15, 2017
Osemigho:

*Admission Doctor @osemigho...having you in my contact list would be appreciated if you don't mind

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.