Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (887225 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 15, 2017
sekinatmi:

@henrinco,Please help

Hello, I applied for phd at MUN my status changed to decision made, but yet get the positive mail of admission given and scholarship given
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 15, 2017
henrinco:

Send a mail to spgs@mun.ca,sgs@mun.ca,noseworthy@gmail.com,k43kpt@mun.ca
Just appeal to have decision sent to your mail to expedite visa process shikena. Quote your student number, name and DOB
You'll have it in next few hours.

Hello, I applied for phd at MUN my status changed to decision made, but yet to get the positive mail of admission given and scholarship given

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. I regret to advise you that based on the recommendation of the Faculty of Engineering your application was not successful at this time. A letter outlining the details was mailed to your permanent address via post mail dated March 14, 2017.
Admission denied thank you from olugere
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by spores99(m): 9:44pm On Mar 15, 2017
michV:
bro currently I am reading and preparing for a promotional exam around the corner.I have being receiving PM's and private mails and even chats that I no longer respond quickly as I used to before, moreover I have pending SOPs to go through and assess with my EAGLE EYE.
Please those that sent me PMs, if it's urgent, you may have to exercise patience or refer to other monikers or gurus for I have to also attend to my own personal needs too.

That lady blue...that called her self TRV Nurse should be aware that before she can satisfactory call herself one, she has to facilitate one VISA approval of an applicant at least to be recognised by our association as one grin grin

I greet una..

sacrificial lamb

*Trv Doc

understandable bro.....all d best with ur preparations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Sassyp(m): 9:45pm On Mar 15, 2017
congrats bro...i want to apply to the same university and for the same course as well.pls what documents did you use for application and how did you go about it.your kind reply will be appreciated.thanks
ibbravura:
Evening house.
I was given admission on 3rd feb 2017 by Dalhousie university since Aug 4th 2016 that I applied. Masters in applied computer science. Finally thank God sha. Well. i was just asked to pay $200.00 for reserving a space for me in the program department. Which is the only deposit i want to pay to the sch. Hope i wont have issue with my trv or immigration on entry to canada.
Please i need to be cleared. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by sekinatmi(f): 10:26pm On Mar 15, 2017
olugere:

Hello, I applied for phd at MUN my status changed to decision made, but yet to get the positive mail of admission given and scholarship given

Kindly do as @henrinco advised
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bluegirl080115: 10:46pm On Mar 15, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Eraytee: 11:03pm On Mar 15, 2017
bluegirl080115:

That lady blue...that called her self TRV Nurse should be aware that before she can satisfactory call herself one, she has to facilitate one VISA approval of an applicant at least to be recognised by our association as one grin grin

I greet una..

sacrificial lamb

*Trv Doc

Doc Trv I'm actually working on 2 cases with my adorable partner .. News will fly soon .. Greetings Doc and the other gurus (yemmdogg, osemigho, soj etc ...
I already facilitated 5 admissions now .. Signed sealed and delivered .. My visa is coming soon .. Watch out house ... Greetings
Trv Nurse †

na wa na real wa!!!!! TRV nurse i need some injections grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 11:09pm On Mar 15, 2017
michV:

*Admission Doctor @osemigho...having you in my contact list would be appreciated if you don't mind

Lol. Nah. I am not willing to take that name.

Not a problem. Ama PM.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 11:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
Eraytee:

na wa na real wa!!!!! TRV nurse i need some injections grin grin grin

Omo. Wa wa real wa. He that want to die don meet he that want to kill.

Nurse + Doc, una single?

Maybe we go have first Nairaland canny student visa marriage. cool

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by adluv: 11:24pm On Mar 15, 2017
Hello gurus in the house, please I need clarification, I have a visit visa already and an admission which starts September 2017, so can I apply for study permit while still in Nigeria or till I get into canada, please which is advisable?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 11:30pm On Mar 15, 2017
adluv:
Hello gurus in the house, please I need clarification, I have a visit visa already and an admission which starts September 2017, so can I apply for study permit while still in Nigeria or till I get into canada, please which is advisable?
Your visiting visa status will not allow for you to apply for your study permit from canada. You will have to apply for it from nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Johnsilva(m): 11:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
Goodday huz, really appreciate the important information being shared on this trend. Pls hux i need your clarification on some issues bothering on my further studies. I graduated from petroleum engr 4yrs back with a 3.0cgpa, since i finished my nysc i av been doing a small job as a Project Engineer in a civil and mechanical engr coy. I have been really dissatisfied with the job because of the pay and i intend pursuing further studies. My question is considering my studies and experience at work i am torn btw an advanced diploma in petroleum engr because of my first degree or an advanced diploma in mechanical engr because of work experience. In terms of interest i am ok with either of both but my concern is which of this will favour my visa process and also help my future career prospect. Thank you for your assistance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by atrapon(m): 11:50pm On Mar 15, 2017
ayos16:
Hi,
i have submitted my application since the 22nd of DECEMBER 2016,and am yet to receive a feedback.its already taking too long and i have tried to contact accra immigration but to no avail
oga is it online or paper, UG or MASTERS, PGC or PGD?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by akinola12345: 11:52pm On Mar 15, 2017
Visa application, tracking ID No.2 Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 15/03/2017 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website
..........,........................ No upfront medical oo I tracked it just now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 15, 2017
akinola12345:
Visa application, tracking ID No.2 Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 15/03/2017 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website
..........,........................ No upfront medical oo I tracked it just now
No upfront and/or No medical mail within the processing stage is definitely visa refusal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 12:50am On Mar 16, 2017
Johnsilva:
Goodday huz, really appreciate the important information being shared on this trend. Pls hux i need your clarification on some issues bothering on my further studies. I graduated from petroleum engr 4yrs back with a 3.0cgpa, since i finished my nysc i av been doing a small job as a Project Engineer in a civil and mechanical engr coy. I have been really dissatisfied with the job because of the pay and i intend pursuing further studies. My question is considering my studies and experience at work i am torn btw an advanced diploma in petroleum engr because of my first degree or an advanced diploma in mechanical engr because of work experience. In terms of interest i am ok with either of both but my concern is which of this will favour my visa process and also help my future career prospect. Thank you for your assistance.

Bro, i hope this DISSATISFACTION will only be in your mind and will not in any way surface or show in your application to suggest it is at that stance you are seeking a study permit for study. Man of God, you will be shooting yourself with a double barrel on your ankle if otherwise. E dey pain pass!

While it is understandable about how you feel from a nigerian perspective, a visa officer won't see your intentions as genuine if you mistakenly show or mention this in any part of your application. Not even your statement of purpose should ever suggest that!

Having pointed that out, Your intended study should be an advancement or improvement on your current/most recent activity which apparently is the project engineer job. You petroleum degree and intentions should be eliminated at this time because it will be quite difficult to prove that it is the area that will best add to you.

Advise #1: your intended program should be in your current work field.

Secondly, the idea of an advanced diploma after a bachelor degree and 3-4 years work experience might just not be right for you as an advanced diploma in canada preceeds a bachelor's degree program and some may lead to a bachelor degree.
Having obtained a bachelor's degree already, it is NOT an academic progression for you. It simply won't fly.

Advise #2 : Try to go for a master degree program or atleast a post graduate diploma( You will have to convience a VO very well)

So in whatsoever decision you make, you must show great interest, work and enthusiasm about an intended program. It has to be your current activity/occupation, avoid advanced diploma.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by adluv: 1:09am On Mar 16, 2017
Thanks a lot and is it appropriate to apply?

Your visiting visa status will not allow for you to apply for your study permit from canada. You will have to apply for it from nigeria. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 1:17am On Mar 16, 2017
adluv:
Thanks a lot and is it appropriate to apply?
I don't quite get your question. Do you mean if it's approraite to apply from nigeria or canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ObenJoshua(m): 1:35am On Mar 16, 2017
nelly28:

1.@list 2 to 3weeks

2.yea after meeting d condition stated or required.

3. search Google ......
https://www.masterstudies.com/Masters-Degree/Computer-Science/Canada/

http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/graduate_studies/admissions/programs/computer_science.html

4.if is not a requirement or request from uni regn den no need since ur referees have sent the recommendations through their official mails.

success

thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 1:53am On Mar 16, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 2:17am On Mar 16, 2017
Osemigho:

Stop tapping upandan. Learn from them and seek favour. Lol.

lol.. @Osemigho you are funny
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by obaxlove(m): 3:34am On Mar 16, 2017
o2:
@obaxlove I did it at Children's practice

May I have the full address and the cost pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Igbouwanile(m): 3:58am On Mar 16, 2017
obaxlove:

May I have the full address and the cost pls?

25 Raymond Njoku Street, Ikoyi, Lagos Nig

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 1soul(m): 5:37am On Mar 16, 2017
yemdogg:

A detailed and carefully worded sop...wherein he elucidate on the following;

his career objectives and goals and most importantly why he chose to continue his academic pursuit in York university,

what does York offers that differs from what is obtainable in Nigerian Institutions particularly in his areas of proposed study,

What guarantees his return to Nigeria after completing his program in Canada,

His financial capacity to pursue his proposed program,

Job prospects in Nigeria,

Ties to Nigeria, economic and social.

There are so many things to consider...when it comes to study permit application.

Hello Yemdogg, please can I PM you to help me review my app before I submit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by feguson123: 7:10am On Mar 16, 2017
@yemdog,Austinpee, pls I need clarification on some issues,in a sitution were once CGPA is not qualified for a direct master is it advisable to apply For TRV with admission offer of PGD in the same field as ur undergraduate?that you intend to do the PGD to be able to do your masters after completion of the pgd,so as to qualify you for admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 1soul(m): 7:17am On Mar 16, 2017
1soul:

Good morning Austine, eagerly awaiting your feedback via email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 8:13am On Mar 16, 2017
1soul:

Pls do.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 8:14am On Mar 16, 2017
feguson123:
@yemdog,Austinpee, pls I need clarification on some issues,in a sitution were once CGPA is not qualified for a direct master is it advisable to apply For TRV with admission offer of PGD in the same field as ur undergraduate?that you intend to do the PGD to be able to do your masters after completion of the pgd,so as to qualify you for admission

Yes very well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 8:35am On Mar 16, 2017
[quote author=uso84 post=54618244][/quote]

Ok. Thanks for the information.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by feguson123: 8:38am On Mar 16, 2017
yemdogg:

Yes very well.

ok thanks bro I appreciate,but the PGD is one year will the visa duration also be for one year too? Then reapply for anoder visa wen u gets admission for masters?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by ayos16: 9:04am On Mar 16, 2017
atrapon:
oga is it online or paper, UG or MASTERS, PGC or PGD?

its through paper route and its undergraduate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 9:10am On Mar 16, 2017
Have you confirmed from the school that PGD certificate can qualify you to apply for masters? If not, confirm first before you table it to the V.O.
feguson123:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (505)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.