Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (881897 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (505) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 7:49pm On Mar 14, 2017
bluegirl080115:
I tap into the testimony of all approved Trv in Jesus Name ... Amen .. Im receiving my trv in Jesus name.. Amen . Thanks Lord

Stop tapping upandan. Learn from them and seek favour. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 7:57pm On Mar 14, 2017
Congratulation Ma'am. Wishing you success in your TRV app.
uso84:
Good morning fam...pls join me in thanking God...i woke up this morning to a congratulatory message from d University of Lethbridge, Alberta for MSc in Management, Marketing Major with funding...I hv BSc. in Marketing...Gpa is 4.40, UNN...They waived GMAT 4 me...God is ever faithful...decision was quite fast cos I jst submitted my reference last week...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 14, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by feguson123: 8:36pm On Mar 14, 2017
vanod:

Yes and the Tax clearance.

so i can use the 4 months SOA?

Thanks
yes 4months is universal standard so it can fly

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by yemdogg: 8:43pm On Mar 14, 2017
Somat4ril:
alright thanks.. e
wanna know the exact amount

Depends on the bank exchange rate at the time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uso84: 9:09pm On Mar 14, 2017
penitential:
Congratulation Ma'am. Wishing you success in your TRV app.
Thank you Chairman Sir n tnx 4 all ur help...i will always remember...God bless u indeed sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dapoddon: 9:10pm On Mar 14, 2017
There is no virtue in playing small! Ur ambition is valid bruh! Nice one.
Osemigho:
Good news everyone. Got an email from UofToronto that I am not accepted due to competition.
Thank God for I applied to UofCalgary.

By God's grace, UofToronto is still on my PhD list alongside Harvard, Calgary, etc. I will apply as domestic student then by God's grace.

To prospective students, always have a back up plan. 8

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by uso84: 9:11pm On Mar 14, 2017
Osemigho:
Good news everyone. Got an email from UofToronto that I am not accepted due to competition.

By God's grace, UofToronto is still on my PhD list alongside Harvard, Calgary, etc. I will apply as domestic student then by God's grace.

To prospective students, always have a back up plan. cool

Dear .......,

The Graduate ........ Admissions Committee has reviewed your application for graduate work and we regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you a position in our program at this time. Unfortunately, although we receive many impressive applications we are only able to admit a small number of students each year. An official decision letter will be mailed to you this week.

Thank you for considering the University of Toronto for graduate studies. We wish you well in all your future endeavours.

Sincerely,

Graduate Admissions
Department of ................
University of Toronto

You will def find favour b4 d admission committee in Calgary...one of my dream schools...all d best Sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dapoddon: 9:12pm On Mar 14, 2017
Fantastic stuff! Congratulations.
uso84:
Good morning fam...pls join me in thanking God...i woke up this morning to a congratulatory message from d University of Lethbridge, Alberta for MSc in Management, Marketing Major with funding...I hv BSc. in Marketing...Gpa is 4.40, UNN...They waived GMAT 4 me...God is ever faithful...decision was quite fast cos I jst submitted my reference last week...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by nwugon(f): 9:28pm On Mar 14, 2017
Eraytee:

For paper its 55470, I don't know about online route.
Please what's the process of paying this amount?Are we expected to go and pay in the bank or should we just take this amount to vfs office?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Blackanada(m): 9:34pm On Mar 14, 2017
uso84:
You will def find favour b4 d admission committee in Calgary...one of my dream schools...all d best Sir
He's already been admitted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Is2bEe(m): 9:39pm On Mar 14, 2017
Osemigho:

To prospective students, always have a back up plan. cool

Dear .......,

The Graduate ........ Admissions Committee has reviewed your application for graduate work and we regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you a position in our program at this time. Unfortunately, although we receive many impressive applications we are only able to admit a small number of students each year. An official decision letter will be mailed to you this week.

Thank you for considering the University of Toronto for graduate studies. We wish you well in all your future endeavours.

Sincerely,

Graduate Admissions
Department of ................
University of Toronto

lol.. Good news indeed.. Enjoy Calgary bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by penitential(m): 9:39pm On Mar 14, 2017
You're much welcome.
uso84:
Thank you Chairman Sir n tnx 4 all ur help...i will always remember...God bless u indeed sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 9:58pm On Mar 14, 2017
uso84:
tnx u sir...yesooo I applied to York alongside 5 other universities...Lethbridge is d ist n only sch I hv heard from...nothing from York yet...
Ok. Congrats again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bluegirl080115: 10:12pm On Mar 14, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by CannyZionist: 10:18pm On Mar 14, 2017
bluegirl080115:

I have been learning more than you think lol. ... Im the real. *The_Real_TRV_Nurse † * that's my title .. Lol grin

*The_Real_TRV_Nurse † * If truly you are real, come and give me three injections for a start and if the injections are real, you will forever by our family Nurse. grin grin grin How many minutes do I have?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by DrND(m): 11:42pm On Mar 14, 2017
I tap into the testimonies, grace and favour of the successful ones that have gotten their TRV approved. And for the unsuccessful ones don't you ever give up or be discouraged trust in God and give it one more shot but always remember to take corrections.
I am a beneficiary of the NDDC 2016 Post graduate Scholarship.
I have a LOA from Memorial University to study to Masters of Applied Sciences in Oil and Gas Engineering but I am a graduate of Geological Sciences(2013).
The full program tuition fees is 25,000CAD for a duration of 2 years.
The scholarship is worth 30,000USD
I run a company with my uncle but he is the sole signatory to company account(good inflow and outflow of cash).
I intend to use the Scholarship as main sponsor and my uncle as co-sponsor in applying for my Study permit.
I did my internship in a petroleum engineering company and currently undergoing an unpaid training program(Nov 2015-till date)
I have a landed property.

I humbly request the great services of the TRV doctors @austinpee @yemdogg @ folaroyal @ justwise @thesoj @michV to analyse critically from all angles the possible perspective of a VO on my TRV decision.
I also need guidance on the documents to present. I will mail my SOP to you gurus for vetting.
My program starts !st september and I want to apply for study permit this month or next.

Thanks in anticipation of a positive response.
I trust I will be properly guided and I am open to all opinions and contributions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Ether4: 12:34am On Mar 15, 2017
keleto:
Good day house. I really appreciate what is going on here. Please I have a question to ask here.
1) am expecting my visa to be out any moment from now. Is actually a TWO YEAR WORK VISA.
my issues now is that I don't know if I will still be asked at point of entry to show POF.. and how much do you think I can go to Canada with, to sustain me before I get a job.
2) what and what am I supposed to travel with, as I don't have anybody when I land.
3)can someone advise me as per short stay hotel and permanent accommodation.
3)i studied electrical engineering, so which of the state will I be able to get a job quickly.
4)do you think I can go for a menial job first before I settle for a full time professional job. How do I go about it.
5)how do I really go about job hunting and accommodation.
6)how do I get a work permit

Please I need response s plus. Help your fellow brother in the struggle.

How did you get a working visa outside Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by hustla(m): 2:50am On Mar 15, 2017
yemdogg:

Have you mailed the International Admissions Office? Is IELTS or other English Language proficiency tests part of the admission requirement? Have you considered applying to other schools with similar programs?

Bro
I'd appreciate any kind of help as regards the lambton issue
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 3:29am On Mar 15, 2017
uso84:
Have been favoured cool. Tell me why it is one of your dream school? I need to learn more.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 3:29am On Mar 15, 2017
Blackanada:

He's already been admitted.
cool

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 3:30am On Mar 15, 2017
bluegirl080115:

I have been learning more than you think lol. ... Im the real. *The_Real_TRV_Nurse † * that's my title .. Lol grin
MichV don get partner finally. It's good you're running the same race. The vision is complementary. cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 3:34am On Mar 15, 2017
miella:
@Osemigho, thank God you didn't put all your eggs in one basket. It is good to always have a back up plan. University of Calgary too is a very good school. Congratulations.
Ok. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by jasondavidz1: 3:46am On Mar 15, 2017
Please folks ...I have a problem merging my documents for the online route. what would be my best option to ensure reduced size and enhanced quality...if you get what I mean
..Thanks for your response....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by michaelbelgium(m): 5:57am On Mar 15, 2017
jasondavidz1:
Please folks ...I have a problem merging my documents for the online route. what would be my best option to ensure reduced size and enhanced quality...if you get what I mean
..Thanks for your response....
for merging PDF files, i normally use PDF converter app on my PC to combine the files to one. alternatively,you can download the app from google or use google straight away to do that.
reduction of document side can be done using adobe acrobat. you can as well upload your documents on pdf reduction app on google and reduce it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by donluis: 6:37am On Mar 15, 2017
[color=#006600][/color][quote author=maziude post=54576263]

Boss, the funding you will.get will be sufficient for you alone for now. Although I have no idea if you are going for masters or phd, however it is advisable you go there alone first and settle down. When you are settled, you can decide to bring your family over.

I am telling you from personal experience a friend experienced in my present location (not Canada though)...

Please go alone.first if you dont have extra cash to support your family...

Peace

Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dtush(f): 8:14am On Mar 15, 2017
Hello House,

I tried to read through the thread but i didnt really understand the gist. MY younger sister just graduated from Babcock university, with 2.1 in marketing. She is looking to further her studies by going to canada for her masters. Below are my questions please

1. according to canada's job bank, marketing analysts are some of the best paid. My sister has a flair of PR, social media savy, Please wat are the courses she shld be looking at?

2. Please suggest top rated schools with proven track records, where the school fee is not too expensive as i will be the one paying

3. Any form of aid or scholarship she can apply for

4. How to go about the process.

5. Exams she needs to take

Please i catch up very fast and will figure thgs out along the way

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dtush(f): 8:20am On Mar 15, 2017
uso84:
I read through d program website painstakingly n I saw there s a possibility of a GMAT waiver if ur Gpa is very high n ur undergrad is in line with d program...so I applied for a waiver n attached my transcript with a good case...they replied dat they will look into it...after about a week, they updated my application status to "GMAT waived"...they also replied dat i didn't need to get a supervisor b4 I will b considered, though a supervisor (prof) replied me in 24hrs...God alone did it my brother...he can do same 4 u...jst believe...all d best

Hello, good morning. Please how can i contact you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Austinpee4: 8:48am On Mar 15, 2017
DrND:
I tap into the testimonies, grace and favour of the successful ones that have gotten their TRV approved. And for the unsuccessful ones don't you ever give up or be discouraged trust in God and give it one more shot but always remember to take corrections.
I am a beneficiary of the NDDC 2016 Post graduate Scholarship.
I have a LOA from Memorial University to study to Masters of Applied Sciences in Oil and Gas Engineering but I am a graduate of Geological Sciences(2013).
The full program tuition fees is 25,000CAD for a duration of 2 years.
The scholarship is worth 30,000USD
I run a company with my uncle but he is the sole signatory to company account(good inflow and outflow of cash).
I intend to use the Scholarship as main sponsor and my uncle as co-sponsor in applying for my Study permit.
I did my internship in a petroleum engineering company and currently undergoing an unpaid training program(Nov 2015-till date)
I have a landed property.

I humbly request the great services of the TRV doctors @austinpee @yemdogg @ folaroyal @ justwise @thesoj @michV to analyse critically from all angles the possible perspective of a VO on my TRV decision.
I also need guidance on the documents to present. I will mail my SOP to you gurus for vetting.
My program starts !st september and I want to apply for study permit this month or next.

Thanks in anticipation of a positive response.
I trust I will be properly guided and I am open to all opinions and contributions.
Brotherly, you are well on your way to canada if you can put finishing touches to your profile and application. A moniker here got her study permit with similar schoolarship and her tuition for 2 years is alittle higher than yours.

Your uncle just need to stand in as co-sponsor to you, include an affidavit of support as well as the account statement.

Geological sciences is related and applicable in the oil and gas field and since you have some work experience in the form of an intenship and currently undergoing an unpaid training in oil and gas too, your chances of an approval is quite high. So you need to add all the documents showing you have been busy in the oil and gas field since completion of undergrad. (training, intenship letters)

Family is one strong ties an individual can have in nigeria. If your family members are here, make sure you include them in the family information form, add their birth certificates if you can. The landed property will stand too as a tie to nigeria.

Finally, your application should be pretty straight forward as you have sufficient funds in a schoolarship and co-sponsorship. You have had previous and recent activity in the oil and gas field. Use your SOP to elaborate on the gains of your program upon completion and i assume the schoolarship body would have written on the letter that you will be expected to return home to use the knowledge to develop the Niger delta.

Part of your SOP should form statements surrounding that expectation and and other aspects of your career.

All the best in your application and endeavours. Regards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by Osemigho: 8:58am On Mar 15, 2017
dtush:

1. Please wat are the courses she shld be looking at?

2. Please suggest top rated schools with proven track records, where the school fee is not too expensive as i will be the one paying

3. Any form of aid or scholarship she can apply for

4. How to go about the process.

5. Exams she needs to take

Please i catch up very fast and will figure thgs out along the way

Thanks

1 &2: To make things easier later, she should apply to masters in marketing. I searched and realised onky about 4 schools offer that. Check below link to confirm

http://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Marketing&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH#

3, 4 & 5: explore links of schools provided in the website above, to know more about them.

It is good you are ready to explore.
In meeting up requirements for the programs, you can come for advice here. Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by bluegirl080115: 9:39am On Mar 15, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by dtush(f): 9:53am On Mar 15, 2017
Osemigho:

1 &2: To make things easier later, she should apply to masters in marketing. I searched and realised onky about 4 schools offer that. Check below link to confirm

http://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Marketing&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH#

3, 4 & 5: explore links of schools provided in the website above, to know more about them.

It is good you are ready to explore.
In meeting up requirements for the programs, you can come for advice here. Good luck.

Thanks a lot for your response. The link is fault or somethg cos i keep getting an error message. Also i sent you a pm please. I promise i wont be too much of a burden

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (505)

German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.