Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

My Bf Is Too Stingy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Bf Is Too Stingy (8161 Views)

She's Stingy, Should I Dump Her? / Help My Bf Is Pushing Me To Marry Other Suitors / Is The Man Wise Or Stingy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bf Is Too Stingy by gift53(f): 1:31pm On Dec 11, 2009
my boyfriend cannot just call me during the day, except for free calls (midnight calls). we are both in nigeria but in different states, we started dating like 4 months ago but i have only seen him once within this period. is it that he cannot use his credit on me or what cos i feel he's taking me for granted. he is doing his youth service i know, but i do think he shld have enough money to at least buy credit. even on my b/day, he only called at midnight, he doesn't even come to see me. i just think he is stingy, or wat do you guys think. pls NLers help me on what to do cos am already thinking of quitting cos i dont see the r/ship working.

sad sad sad sad cry cry
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by iice(f): 1:33pm On Dec 11, 2009
My dear find someone who can spend all the money and time on you.
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 11, 2009
Wow he is bad grin talk about taking it to the next level anyhoo, consider the current climate + he is a Youth worker so he doesnt have as much money yet so if you really love him then stick with him and hopefully things will change for the better but if you cant handle his tighthandedness then leave.
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by Ben13: 1:38pm On Dec 11, 2009
Should he be spending all his money on airtime?

The fact is that you babes can never be satisfied. If he begins spending all his hard earned money on credits, you'll still complain; believe you me.

LOL  but do as Iice prescribed grin
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by angel4ever(f): 1:40pm On Dec 11, 2009
He doesnt know how to spend money on a lady, give him a break and tell him is over. probably he is spending money on another girl and you waiting for him. shine your eyes a guy that can not take care of a lady doesnot want her. shocked shocked shocked are you there ?
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by tokunegiye(m): 1:43pm On Dec 11, 2009
this girl you are wicked o!with all the midnite call you say the boy is stingy, a bloody coupper for that matter come go rest.

1 Like

Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by steve49ja(m): 1:46pm On Dec 11, 2009
U kidding if U say U dunno wha to do undecided

9t calls? Is he outta his damn mind?

U berra get stepping wink
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 11, 2009
I dont think he is stingy, maybe he just thinks you guys are far from eachother why waste time calling for 1-2mins if you can talk for hours? except there something you are not telling us, or is it that you want to impress your frds? you should be greatful for the night call after all he has not put a ring on you hand.
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by gift53(f): 1:52pm On Dec 11, 2009
Ben-10:

Should he be spending all his money on airtime?

The fact is that you babes can never be satisfied. If he begins spending all his hard earned money on credits, you'll still complain; believe you me.

LOL  but do as Iice prescribed grin

you call spending just 3 mins on phone wiv me during the day "spending all his money on airtime"

tokunegiye:

this girl you are wicked o!with all the midnite call you say the boy is stingy, a bloody coupper for that matter come go rest.
all the midnight calls u said??, not like he calls regularly, but just once in a week. i call him during the day some times cos i dont like this midnight call of a thing, but this his attitude has made stop calling him.
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by paddylo1(m): 1:52pm On Dec 11, 2009
my boyfriend cannot just call me during the day, except for free calls (midnight calls). we are both in nigeria but in different states, we started dating like 4 months ago but i have only seen him once within this period. is it that he cannot use his credit on me or what cos i feel he's taking me for granted. he is doing his youth service i know, but i do think he shld have enough money to at least buy credit. even on my b/day, he only called at midnight, he doesn't even come to see me. i just think he is stingy, or wat do you guys think. pls NLers help me on what to do cos am already thinking of quitting cos i dont see the r/ship working.

theres nothing wrong with free calls especially if he cant afford it right now. . .

if he got a good job then it will be a different matter. . .

why not give your guy a little support

instead of complaining about something as trivial as this

1 Like

Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:58pm On Dec 11, 2009
I get the fact his a youth corper . .but I understand where she's coming from. . .

Is it only at midnight he can call?

Especially when u should be getting some sleep?
Puhleasee!!!!
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by ruskiee(m): 2:12pm On Dec 11, 2009
He's not that interested,not with all those girls serving with him too. JK.
But hey,why not try to look at it from his point of view-during service you've to be frugal with your finances.
Why not send him call cards once in a while-see if he calls you then.
As for him calling you at midnight on your birthday, now that's juts plain silly.
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by abrahym(m): 2:33pm On Dec 11, 2009
his not stingy. afterall he neva u marry? gurlz are just like nepa light off/on
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by Raymond247(m): 2:38pm On Dec 11, 2009
Frequent calls does not signifies love, but what signifies love are those words that both of u share when talking, if ur bf does not love u he wont be sacrifising is sleep just to talk to u, u know its not all corpers that is well paid, have u called him yet he refused to pick u calls? Try and understand why he calls u only at nite, spare him sometime and see if he does not change, i cant tell u what to do, because u knw him better dan i do.
note: after ur conversation does he always tell u he loves u before hanging up?

1 Like

Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 11, 2009
Hv u guys started dating be4 he went for service?If yes,hw were u communicating then?Corpers are not financially okay my sister.it also depends on the state where hes serving.Just bear with him.
If u cant cope,then let him realise why u r leaving.Who knows,he might not realise what he is doing and hw its affecting you and after telling him,he might change and gve u reasons.

1 Like

Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by Nezed(f): 3:15pm On Dec 11, 2009
PLEASE, YOU GUYS SHOULD STOP KIDDING YOURSELVES!
Even on her Buffday? Dont they have some kind of call boothes or sumfin like that in Nigeria?
How much does it cost that he cant call her regularly, even if its every other day to say 'Hi baby'?
If he cant call her at 4months into the relationship, when will he?
Btw, i served in Nigeria too and i know Corpers can afford to call their Girlfriends/Boyfriends everyday even if its for a MINUITE or couple of seconds!

@Poster, Am sorry but your 'Boyfriend' is not so into you~~~Cant you see the Red flags?
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by hevysomtin(m): 3:31pm On Dec 11, 2009
i'm not saying i'm stingy but any man who isn't mindful of his expenses will die a poor man. it's the way u treat the little money that attracts the huge sums. a man have to be in control of his spending there's good expenses and bad ones lol if he feels buying credits to call you is a good investment he'll be doing it but in this case sorry to be blunt i guess it ain't! lol but on the real though u shud try and understand, have u complained to him and hear what his excuse wud be? pls if u haven't, do that today ok. take kia! lol

1 Like

Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by Macgreat(m): 3:36pm On Dec 11, 2009
You are not worth it
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by chibenwa(m): 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2009
some issues are smtimes hard to solve and
decide.the problem here is ur the distance
btw both of u.i smtimes dont believe in distant
relationship.but if he donst call but at nites.maybe he's
still there for you.but you truly luv this guy try bring him closer.
and if it dosnt work.then look for smone closer to you.one u can easily
fill and see the money spent on you.that is what you want then go get it.
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by Meldrick(m): 4:03pm On Dec 11, 2009
Iam a guy and I also served. It's actually not easy especially with the lean cash called allowee. It's worse when you have no support but sincerely there is no other definition to his behaviour than to call him stingy. He cannot spare 100 naira to call you on you birthday. I'm sorry to say he might not take the relationship the way you take it. Secondly, he is still beclouded with this youthful exuberance. Maybe after his service year, when he gets a good job, he will overgrow that midnight call stuff especially when he gets very busy in the day.

Above all, you love him more than he does love you cos if he is a football fan, he'll sacrifice 100 naira to watch the champions league final but calling you with 60 naira, it's a problem.
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by steeze(m): 4:08pm On Dec 11, 2009
That's one of the problems i have with this r/ship thing. You go come divide your money as follows: 30% on yourself, then 70% on the r/ship. I.e Taking her out, calling her regularly, buying gifts and stuff. It's silly!!! Most times the girl lays back and the guy does all the work.

Please look at this from the boy's point of view. He's probably a guy struggling to get by. Though i must confess that his case is a tad extreme. Especially when u said he couldn't call you on your b/day. But basically every struggling guy is like that. Except he's born from a rich family. So bear with him or get to stepping.

Besides, since when did frequent "daytime"calling equal real love?
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by DrLorenz1(m): 4:12pm On Dec 11, 2009
@OP

1. I don't understand why you decided to bring up this topic here since it's a very trivial issue.

2. From what you said, it seems you haven't even talked it over with him. And if that's the case, why are you asking for advice before complaining?
3. I also noticed that you never said anything about your feelings for each other. Now that's assuming there is  undecided.
4. U said you're thinking of quitting? To me, i think you've already decided.
5. Your last statement reminds me of a line in Angie's song ". . .y you messing up the party before it gets started".

Now, while am not commending or condemning his action towards you, what am trying to say is, u just don't conclude on things (even relationships) based on surface tension. My advice? talk it out with him, let him know how you feel, and see where that leads. Who knows, he could just be one of those people that takes life too seriously, hence his attitude.
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by desthan(m): 5:39pm On Dec 11, 2009
Dr. Lorenz:

@OP

1. I don't understand why you decided to bring up this topic here since it's a very trivial issue.

2. From what you said, it seems you haven't even talked it over with him. And if that's the case, why are you asking for advice before complaining?
3. I also noticed that you never said anything about your feelings for each other. Now that's assuming there is  undecided.
4. U said you're thinking of quitting? To me, i think you've already decided.
5. Your last statement reminds me of a line in Angie's song ". . .y you messing up the party before it gets started".

Now, while am not commending or condemning his action towards you, what am trying to say is, u just don't conclude on things (even relationships) based on surface tension. My advice? talk it out with him, let him know how you feel, and see where that leads. Who knows, he could just be one of those people that takes life too seriously, hence his attitude.

some lines there Doc, WORD. . . cool

@poster, take note and stop being hasty in your decision so that it doesn't affect your future endeavor.

peace out
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by agathamari(f): 12:23pm On Dec 12, 2009
let me understand.  he calls you once a week only.  you have only seen eachother 1 time in 4 month.  do you call him?  do you talk online exchange sms or is this the extent of your conversing? if this is it i hate to inform you but your not his gf.
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by chiozor: 12:30pm On Dec 12, 2009
why not call him if you love him, must he be the one to do the call.
i see you comparing him with some other men that call you regularly-silly you
send hime 750 mtn and see hw many time he will use it on you, then you will know if it is as a result of stingy or global meltdown.
grin
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by yinka85: 12:35pm On Dec 12, 2009
chiozor:

send hime 750 mtn and see hw many time he will use it on you, then you will know if it is as a result of stingy or global meltdown.
grin

End of discussion.
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 12, 2009
first of all, LMFAO,
then again, there's the 80-20 rule. You need to sit to think about the positives of your relationship with him. Can you afford to break up with him just cos he's stingy? Communication is thus key, if he's worth it, bring it to his notice, if not, dump his cheap backside!
Lastly, a bird in the had is worth 2 in the bushes, nice guys are hard to find these days. Take NL as a community, you should see the outcry when google called for censorship of profanities (that is if niceties advices against vulgarity as its yardstick)
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by saviola24: 12:46pm On Dec 12, 2009
@poster,i totaly disagree wt u dat he is stingy.d problm is dt most girls dnt believ dat a guy can b witout moni,considerin d fact dat he is stil servin &may b workin in a primary sch where dey pay him peanut or dnt pay at al.y dnt u exercise patience if u truely luv him til he finishes his service den u check out d diff. let me tak myself as an example,i like calin my girl at nite cos dats wen i wil say wateva i want 2 say & 2expres myluv 4her
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by victorazy(m): 12:48pm On Dec 12, 2009
chiozor:

grin

GBAM!!! Some people sef.
Thank God she said "He only call with xtra-cool" did she need a prophet to tell her that he is NYSC personel, he love to but he needs to manage his pocket. Lady plz be calm, man does not show love only by spending his money, call him if you love him or dont u love him as well?
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by cold(m): 12:51pm On Dec 12, 2009
My first post in lyk 4 mths cheesy.Listen young lady,this is a straight fwd matter,both of u are not on the same page here.Whilst u're takin the whole r/ship thingy seriously,he's viewin it from a platonic level thus he does not see the need to spend his allowee on a white elephant project, afterall u said urself u guys have only met once;u get the picture?Wake up & smell the cofee.
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by greateliso(m): 12:56pm On Dec 12, 2009
PUT ALL THESE INTO CONSIDERATION IF YOU REALLY LOVE HIM
Raymond247:

Frequent calls does not signifies love, but what signifies love are those words that both of u share when talking, if your bf does not love u he wont be sacrifising is sleep just to talk to u, u know its not all corpers that is well paid, have u called him yet he refused to pick u calls? Try and understand why he calls u only at nite, spare him sometime and see if he does not change, i cant tell u what to do, because u knw him better dan i do.
note: after your conversation does he always tell u he loves u before hanging up?
paddy_lo:

theres nothing wrong with free calls especially if he cant afford it right now. . .

if he got a good job then it will be a different matter. . .

why not give your guy a little support

instead of complaining about something as trivial as this

chiozor:

grin

i know the way you feel, but just try and explain your ordeals to him
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by victorazy(m): 1:05pm On Dec 12, 2009
iice:

My dear find someone who can spend all the money and time on you.

Am ashamed, this answer is disgusting and disappointing "sentimental".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Sexcapades In University Of Lagos ( Pictures Attached) / Heartbroken: Jilted By My Girlfriend For An 'Ex-Boyfriend' / Dating Tips For Ladies- Ways To Make A Guy Go Crazy Over You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.