Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,700 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

My Bf Is Too Stingy - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Bf Is Too Stingy (8173 Views)

She's Stingy, Should I Dump Her? / Help My Bf Is Pushing Me To Marry Other Suitors / Is The Man Wise Or Stingy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by software(m): 8:06pm On Dec 12, 2009
cut off his pocket so that the money can fall off easily. or better still get somee boys to beat himm up and get the money out for you. You can do all of these if only u urself sint stingy
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by ADUNOKIKI(f): 8:14pm On Dec 12, 2009
Well i suggest you find a better guy.
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by santanovva(m): 9:13pm On Dec 12, 2009
GIFT53, if you are who I think you are?I thot your description of your guy as stingy was cos he is from IJEBU (and you were proud to be an Ijebuman's chic) grin grin grin

Well, you said he's a corp member and as such, he could have financial challenges (how mush do they get as allowances - except na doctor).

I advice you keep your head on, dont be hasty in whatever you decide.
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by achilace(m): 9:32pm On Dec 12, 2009
i think they have stopped manufacturing purses for nigerian ladies eh, whats more important, him getting to know a lot of things bout u in the night or just some short empty talk in the day. don't u girls get allowances from ur folks, oh i get it the tv commercials are now too enticing to ignore. if u need money get a job or rob a bank or something cuz brothers is trying to get paid. hes in an important phase of his life, give him a break.
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by mikkyphp(m): 9:54pm On Dec 12, 2009
@poster, cut him some slack please.
this hapened to my friend some time ago during his nysc, his girlfriend he loved so much started acting funny because he didnt have enuff money to rent her an apartment. they were both corpers then and my friend's salary was 5k (excluding alawi). how on earth did she expect him to cough out a huge sum to rent an apartment? to summarise, she started seein a guy that had a benz.The last straw was struck when she was walking with my friend and the new guy pulled over and picked her up leaving my friend all alone on the road. lol He almost cried!
after nysc, my friend became a banker with good money,the girl was dumped shortly after nysc and she came back on her knees begging! He had the last laugh!
@poster: Dont ditch a guy because of his present status, except you're in it for the material concomitants, smart girls know when a guy's got prospects,
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by sofadj(m): 10:13pm On Dec 12, 2009
when u say stingy, do u mean he doesnt give u things or he doesnt call u during d day.
if d latter well be happy afterall he can spend his sleep.

why dont u look for a man who ld spend for u and mess u up afterwards.

1 Like

Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by Outstrip(f): 12:28am On Dec 13, 2009
The fact that he calls her at night shows that he cares. Maybe he cannot afford to call you and talk for a long time during the day. I am not saying it is rosy for you but that is just how I see it. How much does he make that he should spend it all on recharge cards. My mom is retired now in Nigeria and between her pension from UBTH and her retirement her in the US she can take very good care of herself but recharge cards are too expensive so she just does not buy them when she runs out from what she set for herself for the month. He is probably just cutting his coat according to his size
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by ebinom(f): 12:36am On Dec 13, 2009
Outstrip:

The fact that he calls her at night shows that he cares. Maybe he cannot afford to call you and talk for a long time during the day. I am not saying it is rosy for you but that is just how I see it. How much does he make that he should spend it all on recharge cards. My mom is retired now in Nigeria and between her pension from UBTH and her retirement her in the US she can take very good care of herself but recharge cards are too expensive so she just does not buy them when she runs out from what she set for herself for the month. He is probably just cutting his coat according to his size

i believe she said he calls in the night but only once a week.reading the picture, she's not worth it to him, and he's not that into her.and he didn't even call daytime on her birthday?? even if he always called nighttime,atleast he should have called for once during the daytime on her birthday.lady, jara find someone else cos he's spending his money elsewhere, shine your eyes ohhhhh grin
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by TOPE20001(f): 1:17am On Dec 13, 2009
OMG give the dude a break
Atleast he calls you at nite wen the fone is free. hes obviously not earning any money at the moment. so chill out
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by debosky(m): 1:19am On Dec 13, 2009
Why can't you support him and stop being so demanding?

Leave him and go look for someone to drain.
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by Nobody: 2:15am On Dec 13, 2009
Poster, are you calling him too?
Or are you  just sitting there waiting for him to spend all his minutes on you undecided
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by kenuoyibo(m): 2:42am On Dec 13, 2009
old habits die hard.he is so used to night call and being a corper,the more reason why he feels he has has to manage his pocket.I think he feels that he wants to get to know you better by talking with you 4 a long period of time, which 2-4 minutes call will neva help. Are u aware that the average corper earns below N10k a month,talking about those in the rural areas.although,he took it too far by doing it on your birthday.
have u told him that u dont like it?have u given him an option of sms?in any relationship,communication is the life-wire.tell him 1st then set an ultimatum in your mind 4 him 2 change.if he doesnt change,move on. i rest my case
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by ogbongzky(m): 4:13am On Dec 13, 2009
Gift, na wa 4 u oooo, wey u suppose dey send money to him, na you dey complain?, U think sey e easy to live just with that guguru alowee him dey receive? Abeg, no force your boyfriend to go into kidnapping ooooo,

If u want daytime calling sha, dial 08050789657 grin

1 Like

Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by kushe: 6:30am On Dec 13, 2009
nysc is a moratorium period for relationships.allow him some grace after all they say it is the national year of sex and corruption grin
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by samzy(m): 11:16am On Dec 13, 2009
Girl my best advise get on with your life he is only using you.
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by paddylo1(m): 1:42pm On Dec 13, 2009
nysc is a moratorium period for relationships.[/b]allow him some grace after all they say it is the national year of sex and corruption
[b]
lol. . .thats true. . .come to think of it my relationship then did take a dip when i started serving

cause all of a sudden the pay u used to get from mumsie,popsie,uncles,big sis,big cousin and so on just stopped coming

u now have to manage small allowee. . .on top of that your folks expect u to buy stuff for the house once in a while like during christas or easter

meanwhile your chick still dey think say money dey flow like b4

mayne its tough. . .most guys usually just take a time out

esp if the chick they are involved with is not understanding

again i say,let him finish service,start work then see what happens. . .
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by Becalm(m): 2:54pm On Dec 13, 2009
@poster, I once had a girlfriend who called me stingy when I was a corper. I tried to explain that things were not easy but she compared me with other corpers she knew. Two years later, she became a corper, we were no longer together but still friends, I was working and sometimes could call her for more than 20 minutes. She asked me to send her credit or little money with so many reasons like things were not really easy on her side. She suggested that I could spend some of the money on those long calls for her credit. I simply reminded her about her comments about me years; I never sent her the credit but continued my long calls on her. I advice u should worry more about if he is really interested in u or not, rather than ur concern about his ability to take care of u or not .

1 Like

Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by Bonie(m): 4:33pm On Dec 13, 2009
If you realy love him, just buy a credit for him, observed him, if he refuse to call you call him and discuss with him on the issue, if he sill dont change stop answering his night call tell him clearly its ur sleeping period. he should be calling u in the day time. Then you will have a reason to quit after all this, gud luk
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by ATTAHDYE(m): 5:06pm On Dec 13, 2009
don't mind all these people giving you wrong advice. the guy is just a mere corp member and as such it is too early to brand him stingy. hold on to him, his fortune could change overnight and believe me you could be the no. 1 beneficiary. cheers
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by shooze: 5:57pm On Dec 13, 2009
Abeg the guy is stingy or he does not send her.

I served when the allowance was even smaller than this and i did not have any other source of income but that one no mean say i cant call ordinary friend for his or her bday under the guise of no money.

He doesnt call u during the day because the other girl is around grin . but when he has discharged her at night he will now call you biko waka
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by benlegacy(m): 6:13pm On Dec 13, 2009
@ poster
Sope tie!!! Cos dis guy still dey try all he could to call you  @night, Dat enough, after calling u @ night u still Xpect him to call u during d day,i guess he has nothing to tell u during the day maybe he's too busy to call anyone during the day, reason with this corpper abeg ooohh, As a matter of fact, when do u have time to call him sef? Tanx god he's calling @night, u batter wait n see what will happen after the service is over, Always Tanx GOD for the one u have, enough gals are there looking for someone to be calling them @ night, here you are complanin, grin
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by Moshodin(f): 6:33pm On Dec 13, 2009
Ditch him, NOW.
A guy who's into you WILL make time for you and not act like a cheap prat.

Ditch him, NOW.
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by benlegacy(m): 6:42pm On Dec 13, 2009
@ poster

Try dis,
             Send 100 naira card or transfer 50naira from ur account to him n see what will happen, if he did call, abeg free urself,
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by Smi1(m): 7:13pm On Dec 13, 2009
I have an idea !!! tell him to stop calling you at midnight and watch hes reaction, if truly he loves you he will make you understand why he normally call you at NIGHT !!
anyway pélé ooooohhhh
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by paoloscali(m): 7:21pm On Dec 13, 2009
He is quite stingy as you said, but a little patience might do no harm, probably after his service, if symptoms persist, consult lice's advice
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by dawoyo(m): 7:22pm On Dec 13, 2009
@ Poster,
You said he's a coper rite? Do you expect him to steal to call you? Do you know his family financial background whether or not he's the bread winner of d family? And do u really know the strains and stress involved in night calling? Abeg be satisfied with d nite calls or tell him off instead of coming here whining.
Ladies can be so difficult, i spend atleast #800 on mtn (family & friends) to call my girl daily and when i told her we should try 2 reduce it as it's killing me she told me i was seeing someone else. Anyways, i told her her problem's insecurity.
If he calls 2 much, problem when he doesn't wahala. So which way Ladies?
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by punchlinee: 7:46pm On Dec 13, 2009
@gift
you are a dummy
why should he waste money on u and on calling u everytimewhen he can Bleep u for free.?hen tell me ?
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by Theblessed(f): 10:55pm On Dec 13, 2009
Well, tell her to get another one and end the stress both sides, simple!
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 13, 2009
@OP

Your bf is not stingy,

The guy no get bar::: he no easy, atleast for him to call you @ midnight still worth it,

Just bear with him for the meantime and if you can't then move on
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by ogzille(m): 1:26am On Dec 14, 2009
If the guy is not the stuff you want then forget it.

But before u do dat, talk it over wit him, get his own view and please your yardstick should not be too high.

He still got other things to do wit money, remember!
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by Bestglo(f): 10:58am On Dec 14, 2009
grin Economic meltdown must be hitting your boyfriend so hard undecided
Re: My Bf Is Too Stingy by iz2much: 11:22am On Dec 14, 2009
stupid gurl, go make ur own money!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Girls Keep Many Boyfriends / I Want To Confess Before I Die In Silence. Viewer Discretion. / 7 Years Old Girl Is Seducing Me Am 27

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.