Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,849 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? (4304 Views)

Couple Who Met In Primary School Got Married & Have A Kid Who Now Attends Same / When Sex, Will You Receive Phone Call From Your Boss? / What Did You Receive As Valentine Gift And What Did You Give? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 26, 2017
Omo I suffer no be small, especially when my mum say LastMumu, "oya go wash this lantern and if you break am, e don be for you ".
Ten minutes later, I'm receiving one heavy knock on my head for breaking the glass grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 26, 2017
back in the dayz grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 26, 2017
Chai, no be small knock o. If the globe break we go use paper patch am till replacement show.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 26, 2017
lefulefu:

back in the dayz grin grin

Boss, na reading lamp be this o grin grin
Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 26, 2017
Dextology:
Chai, no be small knock o. If the globe break we go use paper patch am till replacement show.

Back in the days, if you by mistake on the lantern without cleaning it, and your mum comes in seeing it not well cleaned, see knock mehn. grin
The worst part is the cleaning of the glass, the shit is more slippery than okra. grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by Fmartin(m): 2:17pm On Feb 26, 2017
no be small matter oo.. when u break lantern glass..
Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 26, 2017
I remember how many of dis globe's lamp I broke......especially d big light blue one.

Then wen ever l want 2 do night reading...... I always spent enough time cleaning and dusting d head of d lamp.......... Because of d charcoal which always falls out of it, if d lamp gets shakened 2 much.

Thank God for technology and d invention of reading lamps........and torch.......... kiss kiss kiss
Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 26, 2017
Dextology:

Boss, na reading lamp be this o grin grin
haha i know na cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.b4 the advent of rechargeables na dis one ppl dey take read grin
Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by BiafranBushBoy: 2:21pm On Feb 26, 2017
LastMumu:

Back in the days, if you by mistake on the lantern without cleaning it, and your mum comes in seeing it not well cleaned, see knock mehn. grin
The worst part is the cleaning of the glass, the shit is more slippery than okra. grin

I broke that globe like cray cheesy

Beating upon beating angry

1 Like

Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 26, 2017
LastMumu:

The worst part is that it is not stated how fragile it is. I do dodge the responsibility of washing it. Or when the thread mistakenly burnout and fall inside the kerosene holder below. Fixing it is a herculean task.

Slippers, slap, knock don suffer for my body but the discipline helped shape us

9 Likes

Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 26, 2017
lefulefu:

haha i know na cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.b4 the advent of rechargeables na dis one ppl dey take read grin

That rechargeable lamp with cassette player na asset for some houses back then. grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 26, 2017
Fmartin:
no be small matter oo.. when u break lantern glass..
Kids nowadays don't understand the struggle, to even clean this glass make the thing dey clear na serious work.

8 Likes

Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 26, 2017
Guilty! That's why I don't swear at my elders online grin
Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 26, 2017
hahahahaha, true ooo... you go even wash am sotey u go break am.
Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by SINZ: 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2017
I never actually broke it but I was konked severally for not cleaning it before lighting it up. grin
Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 26, 2017
Dextology:

That rechargeable lamp with cassette player na asset for some houses back then. grin grin
yeh cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy! we rock dat one for house back then grin grin grin.dat rechargeable lamp with cassette player lasted even up to the early 2000s cheesy
Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 26, 2017
Gistedge:
hahahahaha, true ooo... you go even wash am sotey u go break am.

The hardest part is putting it back without staining it after washing it. There was a particular day I had to rewash the globe like four times because this annoying black dust kept on staining it each time I tried fixing the globe back. I wan cry that day. grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by marshalcarter: 2:54pm On Feb 26, 2017
gud old dayz grin
Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by klexycole(m): 3:56pm On Feb 26, 2017
grin grin cheesy

Back in the days... We call the lamp "Shade" grin and the globe "Glass (Igo in Yoruba)"

So, we call the glass "Igo shade" grin cheesy

Very funny, the poo is is more fragile than egg. I break am sootey my mama no dey beat me again shocked grin
Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 26, 2017
klexycole:
grin grin cheesy

Back in the days... We call the lamp "Shade" grin and the globe "Glass (Igo in Yoruba)"

So, we call the glass "Igo shade" grin cheesy

Very funny, the poo is is more fragile than egg. I break am sootey my mama no dey beat me again shocked grin

Bros you too sabi, you just make me remember wetin we dey call am back then, na shade and globe. grin
Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by placeofallure(f): 4:20pm On Feb 26, 2017
Knock ke? My mum doesn't give us to wash. She does it by herself cos she fears we'll break it. Thus, I never learned how to wash it
Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 26, 2017
Good old days mehnn ,I am going to by one and keep for my kids to see
Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by flyca: 4:44pm On Feb 26, 2017
You have to remember to wash it after school and keep it to dry in readiness for using it at night.

My mum doesn't like to use it wet. The dripping water makes the lamp rust faster and alsoproduces more soot.

As for knock, make I no count am cheesy
Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by AyamConfidence(m): 5:03pm On Feb 26, 2017
Dextology:

that red one....I don dey old ooo grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by crackhouse(m): 5:05pm On Feb 26, 2017
Hmm. Then it was my younger ones that wash it not me.
Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by AyamConfidence(m): 5:06pm On Feb 26, 2017
LastMumu:

Kids nowadays don't understand the struggle, to even clean this glass make the thing dey clear na serious work.
ko le ye won
Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by Limitless72(m): 5:18pm On Feb 26, 2017
Dextology:

Me no jst recieve knock I chop cain...especiallly wen dat black soot don cover the globe...dem con remove d globe to go wash...the lantern go con dey naked...as u just dip am inside water as e hot. U go jst hear kpra...e don break...
I go just stay outside dey pretend like sey I still dey wash am until dem call me name...shit I miss those days
Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 26, 2017
AyamConfidence:
that red one....I don dey old ooo grin

AyamConfidence:
ko le ye won

Egbon ko le ye won, e'en palito radio with torchlight grin grin
Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 26, 2017
Limitless72:

Me no jst recieve knock I chop cain...especiallly wen dat black soot don cover the globe...dem con remove d globe to go wash...the lantern go con dey naked...as u just dip am inside water as e hot. U go jst hear kpra...e don break...
I go just stay outside dey pretend like sey I still dey wash am until dem call me name...shit I miss those days

Hehehe, boss no be small thing o.
Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 26, 2017
My greatest fear was breaking the 'globe' as we called it then. Once I put it into water when it was very hot and it broke angry.
The slap I collected that day ehn...thank God say I no deaf.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 26, 2017
It reminds me of one local first aid treatment I received from my mum. I went to play football then came back with nail injury under my leg. My mum put hot knife inside coal fire, removed it put palm oil on it and place it on the spot of the injury. That was the longest period of my life, walai grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Knocks Did You Receive As A Kid Because Of This? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 26, 2017
Dextology:
It reminds me of one local first aid treatment I received from my mum. I went to play football then came back with nail injury under my leg. My mum put hot knife inside coal fire, removed it put palm oil on it and place it on the spot of the injury. That was the longest period of my life, walai grin grin grin
Awwww smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See 5 Ways To Nail 69 Position Like A Pro (18+ Only) / We Broke Up Yesterday; I Got Her A Federal Govt Job Today. / This Kind Of Love Or Men? Do They Still Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.