Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,281 members, 7,826,083 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities - Art, Graphics & Video (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities (98596 Views)

My Portfolio Of 3D Branding and Product Designs / Urgently In Need Of 3d Motion Video Designer / My Collections Of 3d Pencil Artworks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by jokingmary(m): 11:09am On Apr 25, 2018
Goodness moi!! cheesy

I'm so loving this "blog" abi "thread". I've spent more time here than I can actually think of.

Thank you.

Since I'm more of an animation person though can model but not organic modelling (that one nah die so I throw way cap for una), I've learnt a lot here

3 Likes

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 9:37am On Apr 30, 2018
jokingmary:
Goodness moi!! cheesy

I'm so loving this "blog" abi "thread". I've spent more time here than I can actually think of.

Thank you.

Since I'm more of an animation person though can model but not organic modelling (that one nah die so I throw way cap for una), I've learnt a lot here

thank you for loving this thread. I'd advise you to stay in your animation field really. animators are in huge demand. it is better to be good in a particular field than to grasp it all. though some are excellent generalists, but they have two and a half brains unlike us cool
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 9:40am On Apr 30, 2018
Meanwhile, i had a wonderful weekend. I slept alot during the day and at night spread my dark leathery wings.

I tried to build a stone masonry asset and also finished with posing my furry one.

I found myself rearranging the uv pack of the rat. Do you know you can manipulate hair with UV's? I'd discovered that recently...

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 9:47am On Apr 30, 2018
So, i'd revised the rigging to be more flexible, i had to ad more flexibilty to the spine, so it (lets start calling it, Furry) can bend at angles efficiently.

I'd a 50 secs animation of it snooping via that fence. I will try to do a small simulation that involves cloth, soft body collision and ofcourse hair...In my next life i should be a Hair stylist. Why the heck am I fascinated with hair grin

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 9:51am On Apr 30, 2018
and over the weekend , I fell in love with Taylor Swift. Never believed i could.

It was all based on her video : Look what you made me do.

There was a section where one of her personaes was a snake witch. The vfx there is thrilling.
The snakes had to coil into a pedestal and serve her tea.... and the there are the zombie version of her.

I suggest you watch it. the VFX is superb

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by OKX(m): 9:15pm On Apr 30, 2018
Nice bro, real nice.
Can't wait for a ruff clip.

Tip tho, if he's snooping or tip toeing, the legs lead the body (and head) not vice versa.
That is assuming he's walking on two as ur initial pose suggests.

When he bends to squeeze under the barrier, if he's a biped, the legs should provide more balance and shouldn't be too far behind the head (and rest of body); or if he's a quadruped, the hands should already be on the ground. That pose isn't quite balanced, unless the animation is the zippy Johnny Bravo style, and that pose is an inbetween that will take less than half a second.

Great poses, pls do a playblast even if in stepped mode.
Well done!
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 4:03pm On May 02, 2018
OKX:
Nice bro, real nice.
Can't wait for a ruff clip.

Tip tho, if he's snooping or tip toeing, the legs lead the body (and head) not vice versa.
That is assuming he's walking on two as ur initial pose suggests.

When he bends to squeeze under the barrier, if he's a biped, the legs should provide more balance and shouldn't be too far behind the head (and rest of body); or if he's a quadruped, the hands should already be on the ground. That pose isn't quite balanced, unless the animation is the zippy Johnny Bravo style, and that pose is an inbetween that will take less than half a second.

Great poses, pls do a playblast even if in stepped mode.
Well done!

Thanks for the critique, Sir.

I've revised as much as i can.

I've to confess, i did not look at references while doing this. I'd just animated as it reeled off memory.....which is a hopeless thing to do cool

I'd actually want that Johnny Bravo or Cloudy with a chance of Meat balls' style .

I will post the playblast to you, Sir.

I am battling with the interaction of cloth with the fur....that area is tawdy
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by bazooka1: 5:35pm On May 03, 2018
Naijabazaar, I have been following your thread from page to page since last year and I must say, I got inspired to learn 3D graphics. (who wouldn't be inspired to learn haven been exposed to mind blowing curiosities).
Anyway, I dabbled into learning Autodesk Maya with basic tutorials from pluralsite and I was able to follow through and model this mech. It have been an intensive 2 weeks but I am surviving.
Hopefully, you will be there to hold my hand on this journey.
Have a lovely day bro.

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 4:26pm On May 04, 2018
bazooka1:
Naijabazaar, I have been following your thread from page to page since last year and I must say, I got inspired to learn 3D graphics. (who wouldn't be inspired to learn haven been exposed to mind blowing curiosities).
Anyway, I dabbled into learning Autodesk Maya with basic tutorials from pluralsite and I was able to follow through and model this mech. It have been an intensive 2 weeks but I am surviving.
Hopefully, you will be there to hold my hand on this journey.
Have a lovely day bro.

Thats how we roll

One step at a time...Congrats, dont stop. Push yourself harder.

So here i did a random test on hair clump shapes with this pose, i want it fluffy sort of

i wish i can bake my hair and cloth collisions at the same time....for some reason (perhaps my system is wack) my softbody sims keep collapsing in.

Still working out a solution. In the mean time, i discovered how to control the hair clump shapes with curves. Blender is just too good. Peregrine sells their stuff for almost $200 and here is a software that produces almost the same (if not a better , in the hands of the proper experts) quality of hair sims.

Blender foundation should also work on the cloth sewing algorithms....they should still codes from Marvelous Designer naa grin
These days i live my life stealing algorithms from the chinese grin

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 10:56am On May 11, 2018
A curiosity worth studying and prime for the draft board

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 12:12pm On May 16, 2018
a quick rasterized version of Blessed....

Testing Cycles skin shading networks primarily built for Blessed and also light setups, that will capture the mood and all.

wonder when i will finally finish this work.

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 3:38pm On May 23, 2018
Back to anatomical studies, getting rusty abit...this is a random afternoon drool

this is Yam Legs grin

Also an opportunity to study feet as much as i can.....

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 11:34am On Jun 02, 2018
Thread...and feet

I have been working on feet.

Feet is the new thang...

The very reason
I hate to do characters for games is that you are constantly limiting yourself to a certain number of vertexes and as such reducing the inclination to add as much detail as you would naturally want to add...

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 12:20am On Jun 03, 2018
done with the feet, and finally i got my hands on MD, no more modeling of clothes by hand....huuhuhuhu

To think that i made this boxer under 15mins. MD is good

I think Nike should employ me, i have an eye for ergonomic, breathable sports wear design cool tongue

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 10:40am On Jun 03, 2018
Modeled the gloves, some random skin....and preparing uv's for export.

Have you guys played this game fortnite? heard the makers makes money from character costumes which can go as high as $27.

Those guys streaming on twitch especially brevin is reportedly making $300000 monthly streaming his play.

And the makers epic games, though sued by Battle Underground makers, has made $400 million from the game alone. A game barely 9 months old

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 1:02pm On Jun 03, 2018
Lips...and pimples.
Nothing gives me more joy than adding imperfections to the face... pimples

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by theGigolo: 11:47am On Jun 04, 2018
Bravo sir

Bravo

I just go cinema 4d I don't know a thing on there, can't even model a brick.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 1:19pm On Jun 04, 2018
theGigolo:
Bravo sir

Bravo

I just go cinema 4d I don't know a thing on there, can't even model a brick.

That's how I am now with Mari...I don't know a thing there....

Put what do we do best, we start with the little things.

Start with a simple tutorial

I did some generic tatoos on the guy...whom I would name Fashek.

I have one big regret in this my chosen career. I wish I had delved into hard surfaces like the mates I started with....sometimes I regret being just an organic artist...

I started out with this guy, But look at his robots...
At least he can't do monsters and animals and hair...yet cool

And he is a big fan of Octane renderer (the Cinema4D edition)

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by Emmafe(m): 12:44am On Jun 05, 2018
Weldone op I really commend your effort. I'm planning to learn 3D animation very soon, I want to know if I can drive straight Into that or need to learn some basic stuffs before I can start that. I just got a Dell system core i7 16gb ram, 1tb Hdd, hope the system is okay for the task? Thanks
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 8:01am On Jun 05, 2018
Emmafe:
Weldone op I really commend your effort. I'm planning to learn 3D animation very soon, I want to know if I can drive straight Into that or need to learn some basic stuffs before I can start that. I just got a Dell system core i7 16gb ram, 1tb Hdd, hope the system is okay for the task? Thanks

It's just perfect.... Chai some people are lucky

Well start with tutorials on blenderguru.com or goto my library www.flixori.com/Geeflix/ for starter tutorials
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by Emmafe(m): 8:04am On Jun 05, 2018
nijabazaar:

It's just perfect.... Chai some people are lucky

Well start with tutorials on blenderguru.com or goto my library www.flixori.com/Geeflix/ for starter tutorials
Thanks so much, I appreciate.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 4:06pm On Jun 11, 2018
Can you hear the drums, Fernando?

i found the truth beneath your lies...
True love neva ask to lie
trade your broken wings for mine
I've seen your scars and kissed your cries...

Oldies are besties

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 11:19am On Jun 18, 2018
the other player . i am done with his textures...

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 3:49pm On Jun 25, 2018
spirit of poverty

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by bazooka1: 12:30pm On Jun 26, 2018
This is my first human model. This journey haven't been easy at all but I'm soldiering on.
This model is not finished yet, accessories like belt, hat and hair are still to come but so far, the face have been the most challenging. I haven't found it easy to get it right with the likeness.
I would appreciate your criticism @Naijabazaar and possibly more pointers to get it right.
Thank you cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by LucemFerre: 7:18am On Jun 27, 2018
I wish I didn't have to stop scrolling grin good job brother... I like the way you pay attention to details
Keep 'em coming
Y'all will be the ones who'd make Nigeria proud, not those mumu super eagles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by emasco7(m): 2:07am On Jul 01, 2018
stephenoginni:
cool stuff nice one going thr I love ur camera movement.just one question thou did u rig d mic or u used shape keys.

Just saw this... I used constraints for the movement and shape keys

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by emasco7(m): 2:09am On Jul 01, 2018
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bki_ua3AoJB/

3D animation of Victor moses goal, leave a like
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 12:50pm On Jul 05, 2018
bazooka1:
This is my first human model. This journey haven't been easy at all but I'm soldiering on.
This model is not finished yet, accessories like belt, hat and hair are still to come but so far, the face have been the most challenging. I haven't found it easy to get it right with the likeness.
I would appreciate your criticism @Naijabazaar and possibly more pointers to get it right.
Thank you cheesy

how far with the face?

The body is coming off good really...

I did not start out with vertex modeling myself and you are doing good.

Working on a face, i must confess, is one of the hardest things to do. and do you know that you had to study each component of the face too. My favourite part is the nose, super easy, a dash of clay and holes extruded inwards and voila you get the nostrils...

But the eyes, thats always hard for me...

Keep trying and search for tuts that specially deal of face modeling using vertices. There's a particular series done for the Sintel character using Blender. Its indepth and the tutor is a lady. Lady tutors are the best. they are lucid and not too fast paced
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by bazooka1: 12:45am On Jul 06, 2018
nijabazaar:

how far with the face?

The body is coming off good really...

I did not start out with vertex modeling myself and you are doing good.

Working on a face, i must confess, is one of the hardest things to do. and do you know that you had to study each component of the face too. My favourite part is the nose, super easy, a dash of clay and holes extruded inwards and voila you get the nostrils...

But the eyes, thats always hard for me...

Keep trying and search for tuts that specially deal of face modeling using vertices. There's a particular series done for the Sintel character using Blender. Its indepth and the tutor is a lady. Lady tutors are the best. they are lucid and not too fast paced
Thanks for the feedback, brotherly. To be honest, I'm totally stuck in the face, especially the eyes. I try to model the eye balls using sphere as a placeholder, then model the eyes round the socket.
I have used this method over 20 times and still coming up short. I may have to try another workflow because so far, this is just not working.
I was wondering if I can get you on whatsapp? I could use a little bit of mentorship bro.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 11:56am On Jul 06, 2018
bazooka1:

Thanks for the feedback, brotherly. To be honest, I'm totally stuck in the face, especially the eyes. I try to model the eye balls using sphere as a placeholder, then model the eyes round the socket.
I have used this method over 20 times and still coming up short. I may have to try another workflow because so far, this is just not working.
I was wondering if I can get you on whatsapp? I could use a little bit of mentorship bro.

Here, use this

My old contact line died

I often use these pics for my eyes and female face study. But in your own case, you are working on a stylistic xter, so look for Disney or Anime character references

Can you pick amongst these pics which one(s) is CGI

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 1:44pm On Jul 08, 2018
Still trying to get new hair groom workflow with this old xter..

Look at that CG albino...

Whenever I other guys hair grooms... I get Into a low-confidence frenzy embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (31) (Reply)

How To Create A Cartoon Effect Of Your Photo Using Photoshop. / Training and Certification On Graphics Courses / GALLANTCREATIVE DESIGN GALLERY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.