Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,496 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities - Art, Graphics & Video (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities (98279 Views)

My Portfolio Of 3D Branding and Product Designs / Urgently In Need Of 3d Motion Video Designer / My Collections Of 3d Pencil Artworks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 10:53am On Dec 01, 2017
So trial one.

Here just a little red was what I wanted for the hair translucency to make it Auburn but u can see for urself.... it can out annoying.

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 12:01pm On Dec 01, 2017
Blair Witch Project... lol

So in this second trial. I removed all parameters related to translucent and reflection. Only to get this Grunge Gothic.

1 Share

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 10:18pm On Dec 02, 2017
This year has been quite exhaustive.

I had suffered bouts of depression, insomnia and the occasional rejection by powers that be, by peers in my field and there had been periods, slow-dragging days, when i'd contemplated ending it all. Looking back now, I think I was stupid.

If ther's anything I've learnt so far, it is : KEEP DOING YOUR THING AND DON't YEARN FOR ACCEPTANCE or TO BE IN ANY BODY's COOL BOOK.

I've grown more cynical, more caustically indifferent and a bit off-putting , I must admit. But then It might as well be a defense mechanism.

I have lost ample time sitting behind my miserable laptop. I have learnt programming, dabbled into Rosicrucian mysticism and dabbled out of the nonsense.

I had read all the books by Elena Ferrante and dove into a new relationship. It was fleeting. It was experimental and it was sweet.

I am glad to have a Mumsy who would always remind me to eat and ask why I always like modeling N.aked women grin (I dont blame her really, cos each time she barges into my room, My Laptops' screen has a n.aked 3D Model WIP. I am glad for that only friend that still stuck around while others left...

With all these yati yati said, I am glad for the efforts I'd put into myself. So I will showcase a walk through of my first serious foray into this murky world of CGI.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 10:32pm On Dec 02, 2017
foray One:
Humphrey - The Coal diner

This is the very first model I did with my anatomy book open. Looking at it now, i can see obvious mistakes. but back then I thought I could work in Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) by just posting this model to them. come to think of it, I think I'd applied for a character artist position at MPC. cool cool cool. Imagine. Yuri alexander is not working at MPC or ILM and I am expecting meself to work there tongue tongue cool coolWell dreams are free...

And I got a letter of appreciation from Platimage anyway : Obviously, the passion is there but we cant employ U at this stage. Work on attaining more detail and you never can tell. Poland might be where you will be in 2018

I got really encourage by that letter....The HR even sent me a snapshot of their game cinematic at that time and urge me to attain that style.

All said, Humphrey was the first & only character that fetch me a few dollars on Shapeways.

Problems Encountered:

Retopology was so hard. I nearly Died grin

I had a lot of problems with processing Displacement Textures ( both 16 & 32 bit) while using cycles.
at that time, I was getting myself acquainted with cycles Material and shaders network

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 11:14pm On Dec 03, 2017
Foray 2: The Christ Head bust...

This work did not turn out exactly as I want.

My human eye shape here was just horrible. I had to take this work down from my account.

Maybe sometime in the future i will redo it. April next year, i guess

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 1:40pm On Dec 04, 2017
A slight interruption..

This morning saw me doing something with the bust of Isis.

the look was inspired by the Futurist book: Singularity is Near.
Especially the section on Neural Networks ..

you guys should try that book.

Rendering was done in Corona this time around.

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 1:28pm On Dec 05, 2017
I was hoping that This month will be the one that will see me scale down on modeling and just go via my works, picking out the mistakes and planning for new projects by January....

Well, There is an abundance of light these days and I can't bear to waste them just idling around. Yesterday was spent doing nothing but Reading books and Calling Sarrki a Cretin grin. Looking back now, I apologize Mr Sarrki. Politics can be a stupid arouser.

So this Mid morning I found myself working on a concept by Mr Blogechenko. He's an illustrator. Specializing on creatures. I will be narrowing my attempts from now to next year on creatures. Let me see how far I can get into them

so after this WIP I will continue with my Self-appraisals

@reidkrugger, I heed ur advice and did not make the fingers into my usual claw

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2017
foray 8: Hela Character

This character was derived from the Isis model. The intention was basically to remaster my hair Grooming skillset.

Comparinf it with my previous attempt with Logana>>>

1. I can now grrom disheveled Tangly hair
2. Relative amount of control on the curl type.
3. a better understanding of hair properties like: Hair shape, root & tip size, and light transmitting parameters.

4. there is still room for improvement

Well, Heres the final result of this character.

With slight improvements to the hair look dev

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by reidkrugger(m): 7:07am On Dec 07, 2017
nijabazaar:
I was hoping that This month will be the one that will see me scale down on modeling and just go via my works, picking out the mistakes and planning for new projects by January....

Well, There is an abundance of light these days and I can't bear to waste them just idling around. Yesterday was spent doing nothing but Reading books and Calling Sarrki a Cretin grin. Looking back now, I apologize Mr Sarrki. Politics can be a stupid arouser.

So this Mid morning I found myself working on a concept by Mr Blogechenko. He's an illustrator. Specializing on creatures. I will be narrowing my attempts from now to next year on creatures. Let me see how far I can get into them

so after this WIP I will continue with my Self-appraisals

@reidkrugger, I heed ur advice and did not make the fingers into my usual claw

Awesome. Can't wait to see how this one turns out. Already looking gud btw.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 9:43am On Dec 07, 2017
Foray 7: Isis

Isis Model is an attempt to make a character without looking at any reference both for the face structure and muscle anatomy, at least i didnt pull up any picture by the side while modeling, which is usually my practice. I will give myself a passmark of 80 on this one cool

I am still, still grappling with materials setup in cycles. I think i will dump cycles for good. A full year and notin to show for it in terms of materials and Light setup. If I had focused all this attention to anoda rendering engine, perhaps i would be better off. I am never satisfied with my cycle's attempts.... undecided

Final Render of My Isis, Close up Render

The full Render is coming up

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 12:15am On Dec 08, 2017
Foray 10: Lip Sync grin

This work has been there way back in September and neva completed until Now

It is said that what really makes you a top level character artist is when you can get the face right....

I am striving to embarassed

And today I learnt something new... the name of that small dent between the nose and the mouth is called a philtrum not Frustrum like i erroneously thought.

The philtrum survives only as a vestigial medial depression between the nose and upper lip. The human philtrum, bordered by ridges, also is known as the infranasal depression, but has no apparent function. Evolution is stupid!

I was confusing it with frustrum In geometry,cos that one is also the portion of a solid (normally a cone or pyramid) that lies between one or two parallel planes cutting it. A right frustum is a parallel truncation of a right pyramid.

grin grin

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 11:31am On Dec 13, 2017
tongue

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 4:42pm On Dec 13, 2017
trying to build something....
I am just parambylating from one project to anoda.
everything half finished

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 11:46pm On Dec 14, 2017
My spider rig...Notin special, just ik and fk upandan

And I am available for hire, as from January. Feel free to hook me up...Freelance that is or on any project. It is not Necessarily a requirement that I get paid. Just wanna collaborate with a like mind cool

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 11:58pm On Dec 14, 2017
Foray 4: Logana

I had a lotta stuff in mind while doing this

1. I was trying to get a female shape
2. I was also trying to find my path. Will I go into realism or do I do stylized. settling on a style with Logana left me confused.
3. My first approach to Blender hair System was with this work
4. Did you notice the horrible chain belt grin and the booth with no lace. Thats my first booth model ever!

At the end, the work was just a a discordant blend btween going for stylized disney look ( on the face and eyes) and squabbling with realism. I have learnt my lessons. I am not cut out for stylized or Cartoony work.

And this was also my first furious attempt with rigging contra poses. It came out, well average...rather below average grin

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 12:06am On Dec 15, 2017
Realism and Stylization

Lets discuss a bit...

What do we mean when we talk about Realism and Stylization? It can seem quite obvious, realism refers to realistic graphics mimicking lifelikeness. It doesn’t necessarily need to exist in the real world but be conveyed as if it would belong in our world. What we believed to look realistic 10 years ago doesn’t today, for some, it might even look stylized because of the choices made to deal with limitations in technology.

A good example is the Uncharted games, if you compare their first game released 2007, 10 years ago and the one released this year, 2017, you can see how the visual and technical quality differ a lot. Their lead protagonist (as shown in the example) lacks a lot of details back in the days, details we can afford and also emphasize with modern technology. Examples of details that have improved are the skin and clothing, the wrinkles in both as well as shading. 10 years ago PBR didn’t exist for game development but is quite significant in today’s process for games art creation. What we believe is realistic today, will not be in 10 years. And yet, we keep saying that it never looked better and it will be hard to make it look even more realistic in the future.

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 12:09am On Dec 15, 2017
In the picture below, you see some games that have been released quite recently and gained a reputation for their realistic graphics. What makes games such as Horizon: Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4 and The Witcher 3 look and feel realistic?

One might even argue that the graphics are enhanced realism.

What I mean with enhanced realism is that the colors, light, and atmosphere are more vibrant and has the perfect weather and lighting condition compared to what you would see in your everyday life in a similar environment. Like with movies and photos, post-process and enhancement are used to create a more interesting scene and feeling. Real life can be quite dull and boring to look at and a movie, photo or a game wouldn’t sell very well if it didn’t look inviting enough.

So what we as artist mimic when it comes to a realistic graphic is typically an enhanced reality with the perfect scene, color, lighting, and atmosphere; in order to craft something that would appear to the player as though it belongs in our reality.

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 12:15am On Dec 15, 2017
Stylization refers to a visual depiction, which represents an object without a full attempt and accurate representation of an object’s realistic appearance.

This can include simplifications in shape, lines, color, pattern, surface details, functionality and relationship to other objects in a scene. Which is why stylization is most commonly used to describe an art style that has more cartoony features than a semi-realistic style that usually adheres to realism in details rather than simplifications. As stylized graphic are so varied, there’s no single set of guidelines in creating an art style for games. I divide stylized game art into two categories: Over-exaggerated stylization and Minimalistic stylization.

Over-exaggerated Stylization is a play on shape and silhouette, the focus is on larger details and shapes rather than small details and microsurface details that are common in games with realistic graphics. In this style you exaggerate the shape of an object, you might enlarge it or remove a detail depending on the importance of what the asset is supposed to convey. Examples above of over-exaggerated stylized game art are from Ratchet and Clank and Overwatch. Both games tend to put emphasis on objects by enlarging smaller details.

Minimalistic Stylization is comparatively flat compared to Over-exaggerated Stylization, it plays on simplicity. With very few details in both color and shape, you try to convey the purpose of the asset and its function. It’s usually stripped of all medium and small details, lacks normal map inputs and usually only uses a color map

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 9:40am On Dec 16, 2017
foray 5: Incubus

Muscles. muscles...Muscles.

This was just the main goal with this character.
The auxillary goal was to animate it in a brief fight scene.
That Neva came to be...

And then it was with this project that I learnt how to belt straps with buckle.

looking at the feet now ... Cringe worthy

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 2:43am On Dec 17, 2017
Random Sketch... don't know if I would develop thus further. When u are under the shadow of Insomnia...

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 1:06am On Dec 18, 2017
perhaps I will continue with this....I am beginning to have thrilling ideas..

Working on the scales in Blender using the array modifier. that stuff x super good. I also transferred to Maya for the head scales. O can get better mirroring in Maya.
I removed the Inflated skin that makes it look like a cobra becps I can't rig that ability to inflate which is unfortunate...

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 10:58am On Dec 21, 2017
Halo everyone.

I am back to my town. An the Yuletide is creeping in. I am grateful to Jehova for every thang.

so I have been studying snake locomotion since this week. I discovered that snakes are actually warm to the touch and not as moist as we often thought. They have sensory pits on their nose area for infra-red detection and not all snakes are poisonous. All snakes can swim and can climb vertically like a Lizard. Little wonder.

I noted also, that their movement is based on the sine function. God is superb.
Nature is infact a huge cornucopia of mathematical functions.

So I'd a test animation, a prelude to the animation that would round up this year finally. Save the image to ur phone (as a .gif) to view the animation if your browser dose not allow GIF animes

My snake will swallow some kid. Wonder how I would do that? Well....tutorials to the rescue.

Most of you must be wondering how i Move in betwn Maya, Blender and now Cinema4D with ease? Well, Its all thanks to the ALEMBIC Function.
With this feature, You'd just rig and animate in Maya, Tranfer to cinema4d apply ur deformers or any spline wrapping thingy (thats all C4D can do in Her entire life, which x good) And then transfer to Blender for your modifiers and rendering.

I would love to make it automatically detect the surface its on, If u note the previous pics, I had it coiled around a stick. But it was manual. I want it to be able to coil around a surface on its own, and there's a nifty little plugin for that... but its not free.

So I am researching on c4d for that. C4D is good. chai...so intuitive. I wish i was exposed to it before Maya. I'd be doing rigging with it.

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by blueSpartan: 8:13pm On Dec 22, 2017
nijabazaar:

thanks for following...

I am not aware of any whatsapp group . And I would want to join one too .

meanwhile I'd done d blouse and belt .

Belts and I....Siamese twins now.

So this completes my modeling phase. Three characters done albeit wt different styles.

The Next phase now x Texture and Building Shading networks .

I wish i can work with someone. This work could be faster if I had a partner and a studio base .

Sometimes I feel overwhelmed....

Guy u de try oooo,I never thought I'd see Nigerians doing this.

I always visit reddit,cos nairaland has been a bit annoying with tribalism/nagging and shiiiii

You just gave me hope,managed to do small animation some weeks. back on blender,I'm going back grin

Your work speaks volumes

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 10:14pm On Dec 22, 2017
blueSpartan:

Guy u de try oooo,I never thought I'd see Nigerians doing this.

I always visit reddit,cos nairaland has been a bit annoying with tribalism/nagging and shiiiii

You just gave me hope,managed to do small animation some weeks. back on blender,I'm going back grin

Your work speaks volumes

Thankie

whatever I do I got inspire by standing on the shoulders of Giants too

I'd advise not to give up on Blender and on CGI in general. follow ur passion and shame the Devil..lol

Meanwhile, this is the animation I am working on.

This is the delicious little boy that will be swallowed by my Slithering Serpent. Chai. I am Evil....

Ofcourse ,The boy is not my model. You can judge from the style anyway. its a gift from another Blender guru. Rigging is by Me using Advanced Skeleton.

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by blueSpartan: 1:21am On Dec 23, 2017
nijabazaar:

Thankie

whatever I do I got inspire by standing on the shoulders of Giants too

I'd advise not to give up on Blender and on CGI in general. follow ur passion and shame the Devil..lol

Meanwhile, this is the animation I am working on.

This is the delicious little boy that will be swallowed by my Slithering Serpent. Chai. I am Evil....

Ofcourse ,The boy is not my model. You can judge from the style anyway. its a gift from another Blender guru. Rigging is by Me using Advanced Skeleton.

I've attached The clip I managed to do some weeks back,I reduced the resolution cos of nairalands policy for 250kb file size(I do not have a graphics card supported by blender)

So it took close to an hour to render,

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by afezy110(m): 5:00pm On Dec 23, 2017
Guy. u are blessed!!!!
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 4:35am On Dec 24, 2017
blueSpartan:

I've attached The clip I managed to do some weeks back,I reduced the resolution cos of nairalands policy for 250kb file size(I do not have a graphics card supported by blender)

So it took close to an hour to render,

Keep it up.

find a category to fit in.

I like the way the Car rolled to a stop. did you use any splining?
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 4:38am On Dec 24, 2017
afezy110:
Guy. u are blessed!!!!

AMen and you are also Blessed.

in my bit to rush this animation, I forgot to continue my riverie.

Foray 8 Hosea the Bullet Eye Prophet.

what lessons did I learn from this?

- I created my first ever skin shader

- Learnt how to Do Chiaruscuro a bit

- Worked on my eye shape

But the annoying fact was that my displacement was wack . And he has a high forehead, perhaps suggesting above par intelligence cool

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by blueSpartan: 10:45pm On Dec 24, 2017
nijabazaar:

Keep it up.
find a category to fit in.
I like the way the Car rolled to a stop. did you use any splining?
no I didn't use
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by kayowalemi(m): 8:55pm On Dec 25, 2017
Hello,
We do professionally fantastic 3D animation that you might need for promoting your businesses and other things. Sample of our showreel and a work for Nollywood TV is below. 3D animation is the best! We have worked for Governors and public or private enterprises yet our fees is not cutting pockets. To contact us directly check my signature or whatsapp only on 08112456604
Thanks.
Zoftels3D Animation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_WKWzNcazU&itct=CBYQpDAYASITCNTMhNfn8NcCFUOqV%3D%3D&client=mv-google&hl=en&gl=NG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOmzuXfXeuE&itct=CKcBEKQwIhMIwOSnlfel2AIVE-RVCh3lHA0dMgljNC1mZWVkLXVaGFVDRjVWakJxbU8zMTFWZkp%3D%3D&gl=NG&client=mv-google&hl=en
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 11:19pm On Dec 26, 2017
Foray 9:

This Moorish Enunch was just an excuse to do fingers as detailed as possible and African Skin...

I can't find a fault here .
Ok Perhaps the only fault I can Prick at is with the Eyelashes for the lower lid whixh is absent.

I can presume that with this work My Sculpting reached a certain notch , enough to propel me beyond an entry-level character artist.

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 12:12am On Dec 29, 2017
Yuri Alexander is officially my No. 1 role Model.
This model of Athena (Roman/Greek Goddess of hunting) is exquisite

To something else but equally important.
I love that Pig... .

I'd pick up on The OctuMan last night. I was just scrambling around for ideas with him. It seems as if neglected him while preoccuppied with my Snake animation .

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (31) (Reply)

How To Create A Cartoon Effect Of Your Photo Using Photoshop. / Training and Certification On Graphics Courses / GALLANTCREATIVE DESIGN GALLERY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.