Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,068 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities - Art, Graphics & Video (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities (98107 Views)

My Portfolio Of 3D Branding and Product Designs / Urgently In Need Of 3d Motion Video Designer / My Collections Of 3d Pencil Artworks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 3:00pm On Dec 11, 2018
BRAINZBox:
Why do I see Jay-z when I look at the picture with shades smiley

Well, His face was one of the references used. The lower jaw was an inspiration sort of.

Well, i am giving it this color. Will do the proper shading in my rendering software. And also the clothes will be redone in MD, to get the folds in.

I would love to make this character talk, cant remember the last time I did xter face animation .

I will launch my dragon next week. everythin has been composed and it turned out 74% beautiful

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 5:05pm On Dec 13, 2018
Then another in the works....The witch of endor grin grin

Mama is Weird. Have you guys watched the film Mama staring Jessica Chastain?

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by cgniyi(m): 11:37pm On Dec 13, 2018
nijabazaar:
Then another in the works....The witch of endor grin grin

Mama is Weird. Have you guys watched the film Mama staring Jessica Chastain?

You love your horror movies smiley
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 6:54pm On Dec 14, 2018
cgniyi:

You love your horror movies smiley

I think i started watching horror once i stepped out of the womb grin

I think you guys should try this my faves list of supremely chilling horrors...

1. The Autopsy of Jane Doe . this one is probably written by a demon itself, even Stephen King said he was scared to bits.
1.1 The Shining
1.2 Hereditary (this film sent me berserk for two hrs)
1.3 IT
2. The Conjuring
2.2 Mama
3. The Babadook
3.1 The First Saw
4. Silent Hill
5. Carrie (the first one)
5.1 The Nun
6. Rosemary's Baby (pure evil)
7. A Quiet Place (evil dont need to speak, quietness itself becomes a ravenous entity)

I am currently prepping myself for these new acquisitions

The Cleanse
This stars Johnny Galecki as Paul, a down on his luck man looking for change after losing his job and fiancée and signs up for a mysterious self-help seminar based around purging yourself of your negativity.

After chugging some mysterious liquids with his fellow attendees (the standouts played by the reliably great Anna Friel and Kyle Gallner), Paul vomits into a sink, but this ain’t your average detox and the next day, he discovers a goopy little creatures crawling out of the drainpipe. The Cleanse isn’t so much scary as a dark fantasy about coming to terms with your own grief and disappointments, which makes it a surprising and emotionally rich little creature feature.

This is the kinda film We CGI artist should start working on... Theres norring techy about the cg integration here. Just small rat like creatures and human actors...

Guess what, the vfx was done by a studio of 5 hands....you see my point

Then theres Terrified....
Have you ever heard a voice from the kitchen sink? Well Terrifies promises to scare you till you wish you can pluck out ur eyes...

Then Mandy...
This is staring Nicolas Cage. I have always loved him since the Six sense.

What makes a good horror movie for me is.... I favour the films that can get a physiological reaction out of me; if I’m laughing or crying or screaming in terror, that’s generally a good sign. But there’s one response on an emotional register beyond all that, a sort of silent scream – dropped jaw, hyperventilation – that denotes pure, soul-lifting transcendence

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by Wespur: 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2018
Good one bro

Quick questions sire
1) Is been artistically sound one of a prerequisites to be a good CGI artist

2)artistical knowledge or anatomy knowledge which is more important to a beginner

3) How do you go about reference images?

This thread of urs is really an inspiration

2 Likes

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 12:39am On Dec 15, 2018
Wespur:
Good one bro

Quick questions sire
1) Is been artistically sound one of a prerequisites to be a good CGI artist

2)artistical knowledge or anatomy knowledge which is more important to a beginner

3) How do you go about reference images?

This thread of urs is really an inspiration

I think you should have a flair for design....in any manner. You should be able to appreciate design and spend moments contemplating any work of art be it film, canvas, auto design etc before you can be creative.

I dont think knowing how to draw is a prerequisite to doing CGi. I dont draw. But having the ability is not bad.

You would need both artistic knowledge (garnered by subscribing to Cgi forums and blogts and youtubes) and your basic anatomy classes (which can easily be gotten from utube) for you to really appreciate character modeling. Whether you are going into stylized or realistic characters, a basic knowledge of anatomy is not bad...no need to know all the latin names of muscles or bones, just an overview of their placements and general forms in relation to the shape of the character.

For references, i have a library of images collected over the years. And i also get from google. I collect a lot of other artists work too. So while prepping for any xter, i go to my collections and scan via them, picking bits here and there. While modeling , i open several of these images in tabs often on a separate laptop. Normally, an artist who can draw would often sketch outlines before working but for peeps like me....refernce images serves as inspiros.

And to make things easier, i created a database of these images with tags. So if i want to do a muscular man say, i fire up my database and type muscular. All images under muscular comes up. Little little stuff like that makes ur life easy

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by Wespur: 10:58am On Dec 15, 2018
nijabazaar:

I think you should have a flair for design....in any manner. You should be able to appreciate design and spend moments contemplating any work of art be it film, canvas, auto design etc before you can be creative.

I dont think knowing how to draw is a prerequisite to doing CGi. I dont draw. But having the ability is not bad.

You would need both artistic knowledge (garnered by subscribing to Cgi forums and blogts and youtubes) and your basic anatomy classes (which can easily be gotten from utube) for you to really appreciate character modeling. Whether you are going into stylized or realistic characters, a basic knowledge of anatomy is not bad...no need to know all the latin names of muscles or bones, just an overview of their placements and general forms in relation to the shape of the character.

For references, i have a library of images collected over the years. And i also get from google. I collect a lot of other artists work too. So while prepping for any xter, i go to my collections and scan via them, picking bits here and there. While modeling , i open several of these images in tabs often on a separate laptop. Normally, an artist who can draw would often sketch outlines before working but for peeps like me....refernce images serves as inspiros.

And to make things easier, i created a database of these images with tags. So if i want to do a muscular man say, i fire up my database and type muscular. All images under muscular comes up. Little little stuff like that makes ur life easy

Wow
Thanks bro, this is an eye opener

Continue the good work
We ur disciples are following silently

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 3:42pm On Dec 17, 2018
Obeah Mama

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 10:19am On Dec 18, 2018
I have always wanted to an angel or a mermaid

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 8:20am On Dec 19, 2018
I get way too sensitive when I get attached to someone. I can detect the slightest changed in the tone of their voice, and suddenly I’m spending all day trying to figure out what I did wrong.

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 6:49pm On Dec 23, 2018
Merru Xmas everyone

Home Alone and Die Hard are essential Christmas viewing. I was never into the Muppets.

When I was a kid, cartoon network had 24 hour Tom & Jerry marathons, so that reminds me of Christmas. Especially the 1940's Tom & Jerry cartoons. I had a rule as a kid, I'd look out for the name "Fred Quimby" in the credits

2 Likes

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by reidkrugger(m): 7:55pm On Dec 24, 2018
nijabazaar:
I get way too sensitive when I get attached to someone. I can detect the slightest changed in the tone of their voice, and suddenly I’m spending all day trying to figure out what I did wrong.

it's a gud thing. Shows u r human and U've gat brains. most likely. Nice works man.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 9:47pm On Dec 24, 2018
reidkrugger:

it's a gud thing. Shows u r human and U've gat brains. most likely. Nice works man.

Thanks. Merry xmas
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 12:58pm On Dec 29, 2018
Well, if only one can refocus attention to minor details....but too many distractions here and there.

This hand is just nice

3 Likes

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 6:18am On Jan 15, 2019
Tupac ....Hossein Dilba's

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by reidkrugger(m): 11:45am On Jan 15, 2019
nijabazaar:
Tupac ....Hossein Dilba's

How r u guys encouraging newbies to catch-up? U keep on raising d reality bar. Lol, nice job.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 1:00pm On Jan 23, 2019
Face rigging again....

I am beginning to get more into this stylized stuff

2 Likes

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by akinolaa76: 8:47am On Feb 15, 2019
Hello,

I hope you get this message soon. I need a little favour from you brother. More like I need a teacher. And you seem to know a million things that I dont in this 3D world. Please can you kindly send me a whatsapp message on 0 8 0 9 1 0 1 7 1 9 6 . I don't want to derail your thread by discussing it here. I will really appreciate it if you contact me.

nijabazaar:
Face rigging again....

I am beginning to get more into this stylized stuff
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2019
akinolaa76:
Hello,

I hope you get this message soon. I need a little favour from you brother. More like I need a teacher. And you seem to know a million things that I dont in this 3D world. Please can you kindly send me a whatsapp message on 0 8 0 9 1 0 1 7 1 9 6 . I don't want to derail your thread by discussing it here. I will really appreciate it if you contact me.

Alright,
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 12:17pm On Feb 17, 2019
Officially, resuming posting. Its been a long while. I ve been battling periods of Creator's block...

I engaged with a friend/partner started a little office. I hope we would grow on to be a little Pixar or Illumination. Prayers channelled to all the benign Beings out there....

I hope i wont fail in this venture.

Alright, listening to Madonna's To have and not to Hold. That Ray of Light album is her bestest

4 Likes

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by NoChill: 1:09pm On Feb 17, 2019
nijabazaar:
Officially, resuming posting. Its been a long while. I ve been battling periods of Creator's block...

I engaged with a friend/partner started a little office. I hope we would grow on to be a little Pixar or Illumination. Prayers channelled to all the benign Beings out there....

Alright, listening to Madonna's To have and not to Hold. That Ray of Light album is her bestest

I have been following your thread and other cgi threads on NL and I must say you are amazing. I am also into cgi but in my area cgi is an alien thing and as such am alone on my own. I have a team of cinematographers and film makers and we are looking forward to partnering with other cg artists for a major movie project later this year. Nigerian cg industry is still young.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by reidkrugger(m): 2:14pm On Feb 19, 2019
nijabazaar:

Awesome. Thought you've disappeared like d other guys. Everybody's looking for money these days, there's no time to post Nada. wishing u d best in ur new venture. I'll be coming behind closely.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 5:15pm On Feb 20, 2019
reidkrugger:

Awesome. Thought you've disappeared like d other guys. Everybody's looking for money these days, there's no time to post Nada. wishing u d best in ur new venture. I'll be coming behind closely.

nooooooo. how can i? i'd went to form the little studio thingy i told you about...

Little afternoon doodle, Its a WIP. I am trying to get used to this stylized way of modeling xters and i must confess, its really like learning left hand whilst in old age embarassed

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 11:49am On Feb 21, 2019
Boots or sneakers....

I am officially getting my hands on blender eevee.

The new Blender interface is as confusing as dumb.
The most important shortcut for me which is Ctrl + Shift + Alt + C is no longer working. I am supremely Pissed angry

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by NoChill: 3:48pm On Feb 21, 2019
nijabazaar:
Boots or sneakers....

I am officially getting my hands on blender eevee.

The new Blender interface is as confusing as dumb.
The most important shortcut for me which is Ctrl + Shift + Alt + C is no longer working. I am supremely Pissed angry

It is possible to redefine your shortcuts back to 2.79
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by OKX(m): 5:26pm On Feb 24, 2019
Nice.
you bring a unique feel to the stylized models, will be nice to extend the feel to the other prop items.

good going.
would have love her in braids tho, she feels distinctly african.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 8:38pm On Feb 25, 2019
OKX:
Nice.
you bring a unique feel to the stylized models, will be nice to extend the feel to the other prop items.

good going.
would have love her in braids tho, she feels distinctly african.

Thanks, Sir

I will strive to improve.

Longest time!
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 3:05pm On Mar 04, 2019
I am back to my origins with this one.

A Client wants some insects and we are giving it to him.

We choose Periplanata americanah....coughs cool

Phylum: Athropoda
Class: Insecta
Genus: Periplaneta
Species: americana

I heard somewhere that termites and cockraches actually come from one parent and divulged over time

It is also said that the cockroach has more genome than any other insect.

Have you heard of cockroach Milk? this is a super food, and a hot multi-million dollar industry in California and china.
Chai, cockroach milk? is alright cry

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 5:38pm On Mar 04, 2019
Why do Roaches lie on their back with their legs sticking up, when dying or dead?

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 4:35pm On Mar 11, 2019
Shading thangs....

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by Emmafe(m): 4:49pm On Mar 11, 2019
nijabazaar:
Shading thangs....
I want to start 3D animation training early April. Can you recommend a good institute in Lagos?
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 6:35pm On Mar 11, 2019
Emmafe:
I want to start 3D animation training early April. Can you recommend a good institute in Lagos?

Forget institute....

Youtube is ur bestest friend

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (31) (Reply)

How To Create A Cartoon Effect Of Your Photo Using Photoshop. / Training and Certification On Graphics Courses / GALLANTCREATIVE DESIGN GALLERY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.