Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities - Art, Graphics & Video (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities (98207 Views)

My Portfolio Of 3D Branding and Product Designs / Urgently In Need Of 3d Motion Video Designer / My Collections Of 3d Pencil Artworks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by ModestGal(f): 2:01pm On Mar 31, 2019
nijabazaar:

Please, you guys should save the Course Money for something else perhaps channel it to a Computer parts upgrade....

Youtube, Vimeo i repeat are your best friends..... Forget udemy.

If you guys need pointers to any tutorial, hola me and i can point you to YouTube channels or specific vimeo linls that helped me.

I dont like this tendency to waste money on udemy. You end up still getting mediocre tuts there at such ridiculous price tags
Please can window 7 be okay for a software like blender?
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 2:49pm On Mar 31, 2019
ModestGal:

Please can window 7 be okay for a software like blender?

Why not....even xp
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by ModestGal(f): 7:49am On Apr 01, 2019
nijabazaar:

Why not....even xp
Okay thanks.
Do you have knowledge of digital painting?
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by ModestGal(f): 7:50am On Apr 01, 2019
ModestGal:

Okay thanks.
Do you have knowledge of digital painting?
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 5:24pm On Apr 01, 2019
ModestGal:
do u have any knowledge of Digital painting

No.
Do i know the softwares used for it? Yes

Theres Nuke, Krita, photoshop, Blackmagic fusion, even Mari.

I am preparing a list of the vimeo and youtube channels.

It will be grouped into absolute beginners, intermediate and advanced

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by theGigolo: 11:15am On Apr 03, 2019
nijabazaar please tell me how were you able to learn 3d on your own, did you learn only one software or did you learn using a workflow?

should i stick to one software for modeling (i am currently learning modeling in c4d) or should i include zbrush to my workflow?
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 2:48pm On Apr 03, 2019
theGigolo:
nijabazaar please tell me how were you able to learn 3d on your own, did you learn only one software or did you learn using a workflow?

should i stick to one software for modeling (i am currently learning modeling in c4d) or should i include zbrush to my workflow?

Yes I'dl earn on my own. and when the going went so tough, i'd ask my mentors them such as OKX.
I pretty much made Youtube my social network and virtual home

I think you should include at least two 3d software into workflow. If you are going into character design, then definitely Zbrush and Blender must be in the mix.

For Motion Graphics, Particle advection and instancing: Cinema4d is King, Houdini is the lord there.

right now,because all my character design had to experience some physics my pipeline involves Blender->Zbrush->Maya->Houdini

Pick two software that speaks to your intestines, thats my advice.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 2:51pm On Apr 03, 2019
OK, iam still working out the structure of how to create this Tutorial playlists but here is some scope

Website is best viewed with a PC or tablet. The videos are not fully mobile responsive yet

so i have Beginner tutorials for Houdini here

Houdini for the Absolute Beginner

Blender beginner tutorials
[url=https://flixori.co/viewer3.php?topic_subject=Blender%20Tutorials%20for%20the%20Absolute%20Olodo]Blender for Beginners[/url]

I will notify whenever i update these playlists.

More beginner tuts will be grouped for Cinema4D, Maya and zbrush. these tuts are essentially what i had downloaded and/or used in the past.
I still watch tutorials and likewise every other artists in the industry, so everyone is a learner

I am also going to create a central place for all of them
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by frankmoney(m): 3:36pm On Apr 03, 2019
theGigolo:

Please show me the channels, can you please create a WhatsApp group. I promise not to disturb cos I am also learning sub-d modeling right now and I started with elementza headphone tutorial.

I await your response.
what got me started in blender was Andrew price tutorial series , you will have a good grasp of all the basics in 3D modeling . I use blender to make model and Maya for animation
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 6:11pm On Apr 03, 2019
frankmoney:
what got me started in blender was Andrew price tutorial series , you will have a good grasp of all the basics in 3D modeling . I use blender to make model and Maya for animation

I consider myself a protégé of Andrew too.

Though i diverged when i realise character design is my calling. Andrew price of Blenderguru is good for beginners. He is quite fast while speaking
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by frankmoney(m): 7:22pm On Apr 03, 2019
nijabazaar:

I consider myself a protégé of Andrew too.

Though i divulge when i realise character deaign was my calling. Andrew price of Blenderguru is good for beginners. He is quite fast while speaking
lol yeah ... But I think it's a good start , talking about modeling I am more of an environment guy than a character modeller , but now am focusing on animation in maya

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by theGigolo: 7:33pm On Apr 03, 2019
frankmoney:
lol yeah ... But I think it's a good start , talking about modeling I am more of an environment guy than a character modeller , but now am focusing on animation in maya

Please can I see your renders?
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by frankmoney(m): 8:32pm On Apr 03, 2019
theGigolo:

Please can I see your renders?
most of my works are on my hard drive . But here are some of my early works when I just started out blender

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by theGigolo: 1:57am On Apr 04, 2019
These are nice
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 9:36am On Apr 04, 2019
@frank, what renderer did you use?
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 9:44am On Apr 04, 2019
Texturing tutorial

Working with substance painter and Blender.

The industry standard nowadays is to paint/texture with Substance Painter. this tutorial introduces the absolute beginner the concepts of using both substance and Blender to texture an asset

Here is the [url=https://flixori.co/viewer3.php?topic_subject=Texturing%20a%20robot%20in%20Substance%20Painter%20and%20Blender%20cycles]tutorial[/url]

Ever want to createa Tire? here is a fantastic tutorial

2 Likes

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by Mulatta(m): 1:53pm On Apr 06, 2019
nijabazaar:
Officially, resuming posting. Its been a long while. I ve been battling periods of Creator's block...

I engaged with a friend/partner started a little office. I hope we would grow on to be a little Pixar or Illumination. Prayers channelled to all the benign Beings out there....

I hope i wont fail in this venture.

Alright, listening to Madonna's To have and not to Hold. That Ray of Light album is her bestest

I wish you success, I wanted to ask if you were invited to work on a Hollywood set for vfx will you accept and will your work be impressive
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 11:26am On Apr 07, 2019
Mulatta:

I wish you success, I wanted to ask if you were invited to work on a Hollywood set for vfx will you accept and will your work be impressive

Yes yes yes...

That is my Super dream.

I won't mind doing it free.

Just let my name or my studio name be on the credit roll....I am ok
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by Mulatta(m): 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2019
nijabazaar:

Yes yes yes...

That is my Super dream.

I won't mind doing it free.

Just let my name or my studio name be on the credit roll....I am ok
Cool then, you should have a company name like Lolavfx or something
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 3:22pm On Apr 07, 2019
Mulatta:

Cool then, you should have a company name like Lolavfx or something

Alright...
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by Mist100: 7:06pm On Apr 07, 2019
I need an animator to help with a caricature of known characters. can you help or recommend?
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by cmoney22222: 10:06am On Apr 09, 2019
Bro pls could you drop your WhatsApp number? Been sending you dm but you aren’t replying me. My number is on my profile. I have a question to ask urgently
nijabazaar:

Alright...
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 3:41pm On Apr 09, 2019
cmoney22222:
Bro pls could you drop your WhatsApp number? Been sending you dm but you aren’t replying me. My number is on my profile. I have a question to ask urgently

I've started a correspondence...you can check yourmailnow

++++++++

OK. so you've gotten used to Blender's Interface and done a bit of modeling. Now lets go further with modeling low poly animals, thisasuming you want to continue as a character artist; since i am one, most of the upcoming tutorials will largely lean on character design

As always,its best to visit the link wit a PC or tablet. Its not yet mobile friendly

[url=https://flixori.co/viewer3.php?topic_subject=How%20to%20Model%20Low%20Poly%20Animals%20in%20Blender]Modeling LowPoly animals[/url]

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 3:44pm On Apr 09, 2019
Mist100:
I need an animator to help with a caricature of known characters. can you help or recommend?

If you can channel to us, my company, WE will/can deliver...

But the only veritable animator i can recommend (apart from my studio) is OKX, search for him on this forum...
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by Mist100: 4:25pm On Apr 09, 2019
nijabazaar:

But the only veritable animator i can recommend (apart from my studio) is OKX, search for him on this forum...

send a link to your portfolio.
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by MSurface: 11:08pm On Apr 10, 2019
Hi, please get in touch. Tried your numbers but switched off.

nijabazaar:

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 5:46pm On Apr 11, 2019
MSurface:
Hi, please get in touch. Tried your numbers but switched off.

I'd started a correspondence..check your inbox.

Meanwhile, I am planning a little stuff for Easter. Hopefully , id finish it.

OK, basically, what i want to do is to animate or (maybe just pose) Christ getting out of his tomb and fidgeting with his burial shroud. The shroud blowing in the wind. Weird i know grin

Its a personal project. And i am basically trying to solidify my understanding of Vellum in houdini and its transfer to Blender.

I will try two versions, one that Hes fully clad in robes, and the other where his shroud its just an entangled sort of thingy. Inspiration came from Friday Stations of the Cross.

I will render in Arnold and thats it..Here's the first draft

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 6:04pm On Apr 11, 2019
Mist100:

send a link to your portfolio.

I have sent a message.

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 3:07pm On Apr 15, 2019
Chai, I am still procrastinating with this subject.

I wish i have a lot of time in my hand like i used to.

anyway, i think i cannot go further with the Christ project - too many stuff involved , i had to texture and create skin shaders. Dont think i will have the time to finish it ( inbtwn other projects) before Easter.

But i am happy that , the singular purpose of doing this , which is transfering assets (Vellium Cloth sims) from Houdini to blender has been achieved,

to console myself, i am transforming the xter to a Masquarade grin sad undecided cry

I also did a transfer of a Volume simulation from Houdini to Blender using OpenVBD

OpenVBD is an open source project that enables artists to simulate in one software like Houdini and transfer the Volume simulation to their conversant softwart, in my case blender.

Take a look. Dont bother about the tire material. my attention was on the volume. i also discovered , rather late, that within blender you can further subdivide the Volume particles to get a smoother feel. i did not do it here. but in a future project i will.

Research and Revelopment

1 Like

Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by BRAINZBox(m): 4:34pm On Apr 15, 2019
nijabazaar:
Chai, I am still procrastinating with this subject.

I wish i have a lot of time in my hand like i used to.

anyway, i think i cannot go further with the Christ project - too many stuff involved , i had to texture and create skin shaders. Dont think i will have the time to finish it ( inbtwn other projects) before Easter.

But i am happy that , the singular purpose of doing this , which is transfering assets (Vellium Cloth sims) from Houdini to blender has been achieved,

to console myself, i am transforming the xter to a Masquarade grin sad undecided cry

I also did a transfer of a Volume simulation from Houdini to Blender using OpenVBD

OpenVBD is an open source project that enables artists to simulate in one software like Houdini and transfer the Volume simulation to their conversant softwart, in my case blender.

Take a look. Dont bother about the tire material. my attention was on the volume. i also discovered , rather late, that within blender you can further subdivide the Volume particles to get a smoother feel. i did not do it here. but in a future project i will.

Research and Revelopment

Lol... From Jesus to Masquerade.... Guy you cruel oh...

Anyways, you say make we nor bother you about the tire material... BUT Eeeeeh...

Bros.

1. Is it blender cycles you used for the rendering ?

2. If yes, that thing that look like tire with shiny wheels. Can you share the .blend file or material nodes...

I use God beg you...
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by frankmoney(m): 5:42pm On Apr 15, 2019
nijabazaar:
@frank, what renderer did you use?
I used cycles bro . ...sorry for the late reply
Re: My Cabinet Of 3D Curiosities by nijabazaar: 7:46pm On Apr 15, 2019
BRAINZBox:

Lol... From Jesus to Masquerade.... Guy you cruel oh...

Anyways, you say make we nor bother you about the tire material... BUT Eeeeeh...

Bros.

1. Is it blender cycles you used for the rendering ?

2. If yes, that thing that look like tire with shiny wheels. Can you share the .blend file or material nodes...

I use God beg you...

I must say, I feel terrible having to jettison the Christ project and settle for the masquerade. But the masquerade will require no skin shading networks and all. I don't have enough time.

I will try to upload the .blend but the tire material is just basic pbr with less specularity and the refractive index of rubber

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (31) (Reply)

How To Create A Cartoon Effect Of Your Photo Using Photoshop. / Training and Certification On Graphics Courses / GALLANTCREATIVE DESIGN GALLERY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.