Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account (37596 Views)

Fraudulent Transaction: Uba Smears Image Before Cbn, Amcon, Nse, Efcc, Police / Lol, Gtbank Has Just Set A Minimum Balance To N1000 / 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Plaintainboy: 2:17pm On Mar 03, 2017
PapaBrowne:
I have a slight problem with this story.

That you didn't indicate any signal in this article that you have done anything to identify the mastermind of the transaction is worrying.

Someone transferred money from you account to another account. You should be very interested in arrresting the mastermind as you have successfully blocked the funds. But you didn't state that. Except maybe the mastermind is known to you.

"Wise one" what is more important getting his money back first or catching the beneficiary? #Priorities!

1 Like

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by samuelezekiel(m): 2:22pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nmercy:
Hi Guys,

I have a very serious issue regarding a fraudulent transaction that occurred on my account in the first week of Feb. this year 2017. I got an alert early that morning that a new beneficiary has been set up on my account and the next alert came in almost immediately saying total of one million naira has been transferred from my account to the beneficiary account. I quickly rushed to the nearest gtb branch and complained.

Fortunately, the transfer was made to a gtb account and so they were able to freeze the account. After all questioning as to if I knew the beneficiary and if I made the transfer, they eventually told me to get a bank order to enable them reverse the transfer.

I quickly sent an email to my account officers to intimate them about the situation while I get the bank order to which they responded that they will do the needful when I get the bank order. I employed the service of a lawyer who was able to get the court order on Friday 17th Feb and subsequently submitted the court order at the head office Lagos the following week.

I waited for about 4days for the reversal but nothing happened. I followed it by sending a mail to my account officer who claimed that they are still awaiting the court order. I responded by saying the court order has been submitted to the head office already and that he should check but up till now he never responded back. Another copy of the court was then submitted again to the head office 3days ago but nothing has happened since.

I have read some thread regarding similar case on nairaland and I am coming to the conclusion that I may have to escalate this issue to cbn but I do not know the appropriate email address. Please, I ask concerned one here on nairaland to help me on this case.

thanks

You just have to be patient with them, laise more with your account office and let him give you a time that the issue will the resolved... Gt is becoming too relaxed they have no idea what is going on at all in the banking sector they are just still leveraging on the past glory they have...
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Nmercy: 2:24pm On Mar 03, 2017
Chpstcks:
you are supposed to provide the Account officer with a copy, the domicilled branch should also have one. i can guarantee that the copy you sent to their HQ will just be lying there in the legal dept as those guys may just be clueless as to the transaction details.

All the things you mentioned have been done which is the reason im agitated

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Walew: 2:25pm On Mar 03, 2017
Please I am also part of the victims of this from GTBank. My money is yet to be refunded since last year twice and this year once.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Nmercy: 2:26pm On Mar 03, 2017
samuelezekiel:

You just have to be patient with them, laise more with your account office and let him give you a time that the issue will the resolved... Gt is becoming too relaxed they have no idea what is going on at all in the banking sector they are just still leveraging on the past glory they have...

I tried to liaise with my account officer, infact I carried him along all the step of the way but he suddenly stopped responding to my mails after the court order was submitted

1 Like

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Laxy009(m): 2:27pm On Mar 03, 2017
This is not the first time for such case to have been reported against Gtb. It seems their services have been compromised by their greedy workers especially those teller guys who are in haste to make billions over night through fraudulent practices. This is the reason why Gtb bank was forced to ask their customer to create a pin for their phone transaction when using the short code pattern which is more lightly safe than the last four digits of their card.

You have to take the bull by the horn to get your money reversed because all Nigeria banks are scams.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Team16(m): 2:29pm On Mar 03, 2017
Dinocarex:
You need to open a new twitter account asap. Sharing it on Twitter will make them respond to u rapidly.

Drop ur handle after opening. I will do my best to help you RT all tweets! If you don't know how to make twitter treads, I will be willing to help!!

1M in this period of Recession.. They won't send u back to your village empty handed!!
Amen!!

I have done that. Nothing is working. They keep referring me to the fraud unit. This is my handle. @derek_udo.
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Nmercy: 2:33pm On Mar 03, 2017
feelme3:
Oh. Don't underestimate the power of social media. Use every available platform and make as much noise. There's this page on facebook Consumer Activist. They are good. If you don't mind I go help you broadcast the issue. 1 milla no be here o

Please do. Thanks
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by sacramento1212: 2:34pm On Mar 03, 2017
Walew:
Please I am also part of the victims of this from GTBank. My money is yet to be refunded since last year twice and this year once.

It happened last year twice and no refund, it happened again this year and no refund but yet still you still continued to Bank with them

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by ghettochild(m): 2:35pm On Mar 03, 2017
enough is enough with these bankstyle stealing... go and open instagram acct too. efcc must see this

1 Like

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by xilo1717(m): 2:36pm On Mar 03, 2017
youngelder:
angry

save for bank... wahala

save for house...person go tif am

dig ground.. termite go chop am

WETIN SEF?
angry
Make I send my account number make u shift D stuff enter?
It's far much safer with me

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by LarryBeryl(m): 2:36pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nmercy:
Hi Guys,

I have a very serious issue regarding a fraudulent transaction that occurred on my account in the first week of Feb. this year 2017. I got an alert early that morning that a new beneficiary has been set up on my account and the next alert came in almost immediately saying total of one million naira has been transferred from my account to the beneficiary account. I quickly rushed to the nearest gtb branch and complained.

Fortunately, the transfer was made to a gtb account and so they were able to freeze the account. After all questioning as to if I knew the beneficiary and if I made the transfer, they eventually told me to get a bank order to enable them reverse the transfer.

I quickly sent an email to my account officers to intimate them about the situation while I get the bank order to which they responded that they will do the needful when I get the bank order. I employed the service of a lawyer who was able to get the court order on Friday 17th Feb and subsequently submitted the court order at the head office Lagos the following week.

I waited for about 4days for the reversal but nothing happened. I followed it by sending a mail to my account officer who claimed that they are still awaiting the court order. I responded by saying the court order has been submitted to the head office already and that he should check but up till now he never responded back. Another copy of the court was then submitted again to the head office 3days ago but nothing has happened since.

I have read some thread regarding similar case on nairaland and I am coming to the conclusion that I may have to escalate this issue to cbn but I do not know the appropriate email address. Please, I ask concerned one here on nairaland to help me on this case.

thanks

Op DM Icpc and efcc on twitter, it works like magic

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by bettymatty: 2:37pm On Mar 03, 2017
pls i need advice ,i order somethings online which i have to pay into the person account ,i just discover it was a fraud ,they stop picking my calls and it have been confirm they got the money ,now no goods no refund can bank return my money because i still have the deposit slip wit me thanks.
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by obataokenwa(m): 2:37pm On Mar 03, 2017
Truth be told... I can't use Gtb cos they have few branches and if you have any issue, your name na sorry. Fidelity is so perfect.Let me also call UBA to order, I reactivated an account I've not been using for long just to start using it for my business cos the bank is close to my business office, I collected Token from them and deposited hundreds of thousands into it just to enable me do transactions easily... Till today that token can't transfer money, I've been to the bank more thanfour times and the customer service always write to Headquarter to activate it till today nothing... I quietly transferred all my money back to my Diamond Bank acct. I'm planning to sue them for deducting 1500 from my account as token fee and I can't make use of it. Waiting for it to be up-to 2months as enough evidence to claim damages. I will never use UBA again
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by ifyalways(f): 2:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nmercy:

Thanks. I appreciate
You are about to the scammed again. I see you don't verify facts before jumping into it.

All fed government parastatal websites ends with gov.ng , never .org

Scammers here go soon clear the remaining money in your account.

Find attached screen shot of cbn contacts.

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by pucci(m): 2:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
Same thing happened to me, but it was with diamond bank. About 800k was withdrawn through mobile banking. Funny thing is I am only allowed to transfer 500k a day. Diamond Bank has been posting me since January 21st
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by crownfitsme(f): 2:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
I experienced the same issue Feb 14. All complaints through fb,mail and all yield no positive response till date
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by MMMscam: 2:44pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nmercy:
Hi Guys,

thanks

Oh boi, you don hammer! Firstly, have your lawyer initiate a law suit in a competent court immediately, suing for trauma damages from unlawful withholding and financial usurpation, and serve it to your GTBank branch. Then compile your evidence of fraud, document it together with the court action suit and take it to the SFU office nearest to you. Buy some champagne, relax on your sofa, stretch your feet and watch the drama unfold. GtBank will pay you back your money with interest and begging. Don't listen to their "We're very sorry...blah, blah, blah, nonsense". Some idiots are about to lose their jobs, make sure they do. When you get your money back, close your account and move your funds to a reliable bank like Zenith. GTBank is a useless bank. I closed my account with that bank nearly a decade ago. Till date, they still occasionally come around begging me to reconsider. Me, use Gtbank again? Never! I'd rather be unbanked than bank with Gtbank.

Special Fraud Unit, NPF
14 Milverton Road,
Ikoyi, Lagos

Phone Numbers: 07033702096, 08033235529
Email Address: info@specialfraudunit.org.ng

5 Likes

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by ifyalways(f): 2:45pm On Mar 03, 2017
@Ursula, I reported your post because it's misleading and is not the contact or website of cbn.

The correct website is cbn.gov.ng. Cheers

1 Like

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by LastlyFREEDOM: 2:49pm On Mar 03, 2017
Contact your attorney.

Feel free to mail: divinemercyattorneys@gmail.com for legal assistance.
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by REUBEN010(m): 2:56pm On Mar 03, 2017
bettymatty:
pls i need advice ,i order somethings online which i have to pay into the person account ,i just discover it was a fraud ,they stop picking my calls and it have been confirm they got the money ,now no goods no refund can bank return my money because i still have the deposit slip wit me thanks.

This is 3rd party transaction. I don't think they get involved in such because I've once been a victim of 3rd party transaction anomaly although a little different from yours. Try to be more careful next time.
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 03, 2017
No refunds. The time one babe was rubbing ur balls and u kept calling all your details to her u can't remember or when they sent a message that your card have being blocked and you supplied your details u have forgotten. Rethink who you shared your info with

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Silva79(f): 3:03pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nmercy:
Hi Guys,

thanks
GTBANK JUST REPLIED ME ON TWITTER KINDLY OPEN A TWITTER ACCOUNT AND FORWARD YOUR COMPLAINT TO THEM
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Bishop(m): 3:06pm On Mar 03, 2017
From your post and responses, i have a feeling that somebody close to you have laid hold of your banking details, if this is true the bank might not be liable for your loss, however, i think you did the right thing by making a prompt report and following due process to get the account frozen with this in mind the bank can not revert the money back to your account that fast unless it is sure after proper investigation that the transfer was illegal, going forward i ask you to change your password and pin number effective immediately. adios
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by feelme3(m): 3:07pm On Mar 03, 2017
Jabioro:
"You got an alert that new beneficiary had been setup in your account " This quoted line had a lot of meaning.. How can you set up a new beneficiary in your account without physically present in your domiciled branch or whatever branch you opted for without filled some some pages of form better still write a letter to that effect ?May term beneficiary in this context mean you about to transfer funds to another account.... give your branch the court order..

Bros you can add beneficiary from anywhere through your phone or computer using your token or pin.

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Silva79(f): 3:08pm On Mar 03, 2017
DROP YOUR PHONE NUMBER SO I CAN TWEET IT AT THEM THEY MAY GIVE YOU A CALL
Nmercy:
Hi Guys,

thanks
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by mayoor15(m): 3:09pm On Mar 03, 2017
Jabioro:
"You got an alert that new beneficiary had been setup in your account " This quoted line had a lot of meaning.. How can you set up a new beneficiary in your account without physically present in your domiciled branch or whatever branch you opted for without filled some some pages of form better still write a letter to that effect ?May term beneficiary in this context mean you about to transfer funds to another account.... give your branch the court order..
It's possible but it can only be done when you log into the online banking platform, think the job was done by an insider who must have helped him in resolving an issue with his online banking platform.
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Jabioro: 3:11pm On Mar 03, 2017
feelme3:

Bros you can add beneficiary from anywhere through your phone or computer using your token or pin.
Thank you my brother I miss understood the guy.. thanks for the correction..

1 Like

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nmercy:

Please do. Thanks
hello i got a feedback from gtb on twitter on ur behalf, they need to get intouch for more details. u need to open a twitter account asap and drop the handle so that they can reach u
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Nmercy: 3:17pm On Mar 03, 2017
prettyboi1989:

hello i got a feedback from gtb on twitter on ur behalf, they need to get intouch for more details. u need to open a twitter account asap and drop the handle so that they can reach u

Thanks
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Nmercy: 3:21pm On Mar 03, 2017
Bishop:
From your post and responses, i have a feeling that somebody close to you have laid hold of your banking details, if this is true the bank might not be liable for your loss, however, i think you did the right thing by making a prompt report and following due process to get the account frozen with this in mind the bank can not revert the money back to your account that fast unless it is sure after proper investigation that the transfer was illegal, going forward i ask you to change your password and pin number effective immediately. adios

All the investigation has been done and concluded. The person behind the fraudulent transaction is known to them. They told me that the person has a lot of money in his account and that he actually used my money to pay for a business transaction he conducted with someone else

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' / Starting A Cooking Gas (LPG) Distribution Business / Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.