Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account (37670 Views)

Fraudulent Transaction: Uba Smears Image Before Cbn, Amcon, Nse, Efcc, Police / Lol, Gtbank Has Just Set A Minimum Balance To N1000 / 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Nmercy: 1:27pm On Mar 03, 2017
PapaBrowne:
I have a slight problem with this story.

That you didn't indicate any signal in this article that you have done anything to identify the mastermind of the transaction is worrying.

Someone transferred money from you account to another account. You should be very interested in arrresting the mastermind as you have successfully blocked the funds. But you didn't state that. Except maybe the mastermind is known to you.
I probably didn't mention that my response as to weather the beneficiary is known to me and if i had initiated the transaction were negative. I should also add that they identified the beneficiary, found out that it was actually a fraudulent transfer which was the reason they asked that i get a court order to reverse the money
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Btruth: 1:28pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nmercy:

Unfortunately, I do not know how to use twitter.
we've helped you here to send a signal to them.....
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Koolking(m): 1:31pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nmercy:
Hi Guys,

I have a very serious issue regarding a fraudulent transaction that occurred on my account in the first week of Feb. this year 2017. I got an alert early that morning that a new beneficiary has been set up on my account and the next alert came in almost immediately saying total of one million naira has been transferred from my account to the beneficiary account. I quickly rushed to the nearest gtb branch and complained.

Fortunately, the transfer was made to a gtb account and so they were able to freeze the account. After all questioning as to if I knew the beneficiary and if I made the transfer, they eventually told me to get a bank order to enable them reverse the transfer.

I quickly sent an email to my account officers to intimate them about the situation while I get the bank order to which they responded that they will do the needful when I get the bank order. I employed the service of a lawyer who was able to get the court order on Friday 17th Feb and subsequently submitted the court order at the head office Lagos the following week.

I waited for about 4days for the reversal but nothing happened. I followed it by sending a mail to my account officer who claimed that they are still awaiting the court order. I responded by saying the court order has been submitted to the head office already and that he should check but up till now he never responded back. Another copy of the court was then submitted again to the head office 3days ago but nothing has happened since.

I have read some thread regarding similar case on nairaland and I am coming to the conclusion that I may have to escalate this issue to cbn but I do not know the appropriate email address. Please, I ask concerned one here on nairaland to help me on this case.

thanks

Petition EFCC. It's an internal fraud from GTBANK big boys using customers' account to launder money.

7 Likes

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Franky826: 1:32pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nmercy:

pls find someone that knows how to use asap and let your complaints go viral on twitter. tag people with huge followers and those promoter(for a token). twitter peeps knows how to shout whether good or bad. you can use them for your advantage.

you can also use instagram.

by the way since it's a GTB account why haven't the unmasked the culprit

fishy... real fishy.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by fashrola(m): 1:32pm On Mar 03, 2017
Gangsters in Suit.... Corporate thieves

They know the fraudster....

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by PapaBrowne(m): 1:33pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nmercy:

I probably didn't mention that my response as to weather the beneficiary is known to me and if i had initiated the transaction were negative. I should also add that they identified the beneficiary, found out that it was actually a fraudulent transfer which was the reason they asked that i get a court order to reverse the money

Ok. I think the beneficiary should be pursued until arrested. Then I think you should escalate the case both with calls, emails and visits to headquarters.

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 03, 2017
I'm sure it's just laxity that's making them delay. No need to fear.

To speed up the process though, make a suggestion to your lawyer to institute contempt proceedings against the bank. Something tells me you'll receive an alert 5mins after they are served with the documents. grin

7 Likes

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by NoToPile: 1:36pm On Mar 03, 2017
Sounds like an inside job, an outsider can't do online transfer without your token .

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 03, 2017
Papiikush:
Reporting on nairaland will solve your case?

You'd be surprised.

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by chux677: 1:40pm On Mar 03, 2017
here are the consumer protection contacts at the cbn;cpd@cbn.gov.ng gabubakar@cbn.gov.ng : tyahmed@cbn.gov.ng. also send your petition to consumer protection council of Nigeria; email- contact@cpc.gov.ng Phone number-08056002020, 08056003030.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Nmercy: 1:41pm On Mar 03, 2017
Btruth:
we've helped you here to send a signal to them.....

Thanks. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by InsanePsycho(m): 1:41pm On Mar 03, 2017
Btruth:
.....and besides, the money was transferred into another GT Bank. they should be able to do something.

Yeah

1 Like

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Nmercy: 1:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
chux677:
here are the consumer protection contacts at the cbn;cpd@cbn.gov.ng gabubakar@cbn.gov.ng : tyahmed@cbn.gov.ng. also send your petition to consumer protection council of Nigeria; email- contact@cpc.gov.ng Phone number-08056002020, 08056003030.

Thanks I appreciate

1 Like

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Btruth: 1:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nmercy:

Thanks. I appreciate
you are welcome.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Samabu07(m): 1:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
Email CBN customer care email handle. Do a quick Google search or via CBN's website for the complaint email address, email them giving them required details. GTB will quickly respond to your query.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Digriz(m): 1:46pm On Mar 03, 2017
i hv account wt gtbank but always make sure the huge some i hv there is always fixed to avoid all these stories. I dnt think it's wise having millions on ordinary saving or current account.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by pragmatistm(m): 1:48pm On Mar 03, 2017
Read up the CBN guideline for complaints here:

http://tipsdome.com.ng/how-to-report-your-bank-to-central-bank-of-nigeria-cbn/

Then send an email to:

cpd@cbn.gov.ng

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by mallam2016: 1:51pm On Mar 03, 2017
Presently I am facing a dispenser error with my Gtb account since 14 February, yesterday I wrote a mail to complaint @gtbank, cpd@cenbank.org and also to contact@pc.gov.ng. It is Gtb is becoming a fraud.

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by surveyexpert(m): 1:52pm On Mar 03, 2017
For all that contribute positively on this thread Gob bless you all. The next scammer institution and industry in Nigeria is communication.All this network provider are now taking the advantage of lawlessness and weak power of the masses to defraud Nigerians.Let us kick against them now.

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Btruth: 1:54pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nmercy:

Thanks. I appreciate

7 Likes

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by donfemo(m): 1:58pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nmercy:
Hi Guys,

I have a very serious issue regarding a fraudulent transaction that occurred on my account in the first week of Feb. this year 2017. I got an alert early that morning that a new beneficiary has been set up on my account and the next alert came in almost immediately saying total of one million naira has been transferred from my account to the beneficiary account. I quickly rushed to the nearest gtb branch and complained.

Fortunately, the transfer was made to a gtb account and so they were able to freeze the account. After all questioning as to if I knew the beneficiary and if I made the transfer, they eventually told me to get a bank order to enable them reverse the transfer.

I quickly sent an email to my account officers to intimate them about the situation while I get the bank order to which they responded that they will do the needful when I get the bank order. I employed the service of a lawyer who was able to get the court order on Friday 17th Feb and subsequently submitted the court order at the head office Lagos the following week.

I waited for about 4days for the reversal but nothing happened. I followed it by sending a mail to my account officer who claimed that they are still awaiting the court order. I responded by saying the court order has been submitted to the head office already and that he should check but up till now he never responded back. Another copy of the court was then submitted again to the head office 3days ago but nothing has happened since.

I have read some thread regarding similar case on nairaland and I am coming to the conclusion that I may have to escalate this issue to cbn but I do not know the appropriate email address. Please, I ask concerned one here on nairaland to help me on this case.

thanks

You can contact the CPD through the following channels:
E-mail: cpd@cbn.gov.ng
Letter: Director, Consumer Protection Department
Central Business District, Abuja
Your letter of Complaint should be addressed to the Director, Consumer Protection Department. You can submit your letter at the CBN Head Office OR at any of the Central Bank of Nigeria branches of nationwide.
Does the CPD Deal with all Types of Complaints?
The CBN deals with all financial related complaints so far as it is against Financial Institutions within its regulatory purview. How to Write an Effective Complaints Letter

Your complaint should be clear and concise to avoid ambiguity. The Complaint letter (petition) should contain amongst other things the following:
• Name, Address, Contact Phone Number & E-mail of the Complainant;
• Name of your Financial Institution;
• Personal banking details (Do NOT include PIN & Passwords, pleasewink
• History/Date of the transaction in dispute;
• Amount claimed (if any);
• Attach relevant documents to support you claim and;
• Evidence to show that you have first lodged the complaint at your bank.
You can make your further inquiries and obtain additional information on the Complaints Handling Process of the Central Bank of Nigeria from the Complaints Unit of your Bank/Financial Institution or from CBN offices nationwide.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by eRex(m): 1:58pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nmercy:

I had similar issue.. mine was 200k. i tried to transfer to another gt account... it did not go and i was debited...

it took them close to one and a half month of consistent pestering for them to refund..
the even refunded the money in batches.. how nice..
I hope you get your money back cos i almost created a thread when i couldnt bear mine.
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Sambest2(m): 2:06pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nmercy:

The head office is my branch. That's why I couldn't believe their story

Ooh I see, Their twitter account is responsive, you may want to notify them. Also report to central bank, I saw a comment with their email address which you acknowledge. I hope its resolved soonest.
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Johnsonibx(m): 2:07pm On Mar 03, 2017
Ha! A whole 1M AYE MI O!!!
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Chpstcks(m): 2:07pm On Mar 03, 2017
you are supposed to provide the Account officer with a copy, the domicilled branch should also have one. i can guarantee that the copy you sent to their HQ will just be lying there in the legal dept as those guys may just be clueless as to the transaction details.

Nmercy:
Hi Guys,

thanks
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by excelsiorfarm(m): 2:08pm On Mar 03, 2017
gtb gtb i neglected & withdrew my funds way back when they stole my younger brother's 96k + in ado ekiti & after all documentation and all,they said he gave his password out, make we see the culprit they refuse.

PLEASE REPORT TO CONSUMER PROTECTION COMMISSION, EFCC.AND GET A LAWYER. Next interaction,record it. If bribe is collected, post it,so we can get the man that refuse to change under change dealt with.

All this criminals in ties,instead of going to farm.

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by feelme3(m): 2:10pm On Mar 03, 2017
Oh. Don't underestimate the power of social media. Use every available platform and make as much noise. There's this page on facebook Consumer Activist. They are good. If you don't mind I go help you broadcast the issue. 1 milla no be here o

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 03, 2017
Gtbank has this fraudulent attitude of deducting from customers savings.They remove #30,50,and #100 anytime from my account without any reason for doing so.

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by spayor(m): 2:12pm On Mar 03, 2017
youngelder:
angry

save for bank... wahala

save for house...person go tif am

dig ground.. termite go chop am

WETIN SEF?
angry
.....no be small tin o....hahahahahahahaha....jst chop ur money and die
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by alaskido(m): 2:12pm On Mar 03, 2017
Report this to EFCC.
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Jabioro: 2:15pm On Mar 03, 2017
"You got an alert that new beneficiary had been setup in your account " This quoted line had a lot of meaning.. How can you set up a new beneficiary in your account without physically present in your domiciled branch or whatever branch you opted for without filled some some pages of form better still write a letter to that effect ?May term beneficiary in this context mean you about to transfer funds to another account.... give your branch the court order..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Fidelity Bank Appoints Nneka Onyeali-Ikpe As New MD / Invest And Earn Big In Haulage (truck) Business / Naira Exchange Rate Against Dollar, Pound And Euro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.