Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account (37634 Views)

Fraudulent Transaction: Uba Smears Image Before Cbn, Amcon, Nse, Efcc, Police / Lol, Gtbank Has Just Set A Minimum Balance To N1000 / 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Getintouch2004(m): 8:19pm On Mar 03, 2017
Losing 1 million naira in this present Buhari country? Fiakwa! oma nre!

Nna mehn, I just imagine putting that money in my marketi and watch it boom. Lemme wake up, lol

Please ooo, make una help retrieve this money biko ooo
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Franky826: 8:25pm On Mar 03, 2017
Jabioro:
"You got an alert that new beneficiary had been setup in your account " This quoted line had a lot of meaning.. How can you set up a new beneficiary in your account without physically present in your domiciled branch or whatever branch you opted for without filled some some pages of form better still write a letter to that effect ?May term beneficiary in this context mean you about to transfer funds to another account.... give your branch the court order..

internet banking platform

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Nmercy: 9:02pm On Mar 03, 2017
tuzinde:
I hope u have made progress, else send an email with all details to the head of GTBank. I had a similar experience some years back and went through a lawyer but it was dragging, even the account officer was not useful. The night I sent the email, by 9am the next day I got a call from their head office to report at the head office of the state I resided then, and told to fill an indemnity form and the fund was reversed. You are lucky to have gotten transaction notifications, the THIEF that did mine then was very smart, disabled my SMS and email alerts, I got to know when I visited the bank 3 days after he made the transfer,luckily for me,if was transferred to a gtb account.

Please what's the email address of the head of gtb?
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by mayor2013: 9:16pm On Mar 03, 2017
Any update?
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 03, 2017
To think I was about opening an account with them strictly for savings, I no do again o
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 03, 2017
Good thing you have already involved alawyer. Having done that, you don't stop there,tell your lawyer to writethem and give dem the normalseven days ultimatum or you"ll seek redress and compensation in court andsee the magic that"llhappen within 24hrs
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by elvision1(m): 9:53pm On Mar 03, 2017
Guy! Take this matter enter better lawyer office naaah! I can't beg for my own money. Na wetin make me like jand so, if na there you go don see lawsuit of 200million against GTBank, 30count charge of distress and how their negligence has led to depression, another 100million cus you wanted to use the money for a business transaction,for which their delay led to your loss. O boi! See money!!! Kaasaa!

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by duscollins: 10:12pm On Mar 03, 2017
U will get your Money but the bank needs to also conduct an investigation on the beneficiary of the account where the money is transferred to.
Be patient, however long it takes you will get it as security officials Will eventually be on the trail of the perpetrators of this act.
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by frainc(m): 10:53pm On Mar 03, 2017
seunlayi:
A whole 1m? You tried with your patience. Gtb should do the needful fast with the speed of attaining FTC on Nairaland

FTC
Gtb is becoming something else this days with the way they are deducting customer's money, funny enough if you contact their customer care, you will be disappointed with the way the matter will die

I have to move my money from Gtb to other Bank (when i get tired of the endless deduction)

(nowadays) Gtb and fraud are like 5 and 6

1 Like

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Nmercy: 11:10pm On Mar 03, 2017
mayor2013:
Any update?
My account officer just got back to me appologising for the delay
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Nmercy: 11:12pm On Mar 03, 2017
BlinkyBling:
Good thing you have already involved alawyer. Having done that, you don't stop there,tell your lawyer to writethem and give dem the normalseven days ultimatum or you"ll seek redress and compensation in court andsee the magic that"llhappen within 24hrs

I believe he has done so which is the reason my account officer is desperately contacting me and appologising for the delay
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by smoooty11: 11:19pm On Mar 03, 2017
So GTB is like this ? And i was about opening an account with them omo i don march brake be that.
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by RichardoTobinho: 11:59pm On Mar 03, 2017
Dinocarex:
You need to open a new twitter account asap. Sharing it on Twitter will make them respond to u rapidly.

Drop ur handle after opening. I will do my best to help you RT all tweets! If you don't know how to make twitter treads, I will be willing to help!!

1M in this period of Recession.. They won't send u back to your village empty handed!!
Amen!!

so caring!
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Nobody: 12:16am On Mar 04, 2017
Sue them to court if you can do it
Nmercy:
Hi Guys,

I have a very serious issue regarding a fraudulent transaction that occurred on my account in the first week of Feb. this year 2017. I got an alert early that morning that a new beneficiary has been set up on my account and the next alert came in almost immediately saying total of one million naira has been transferred from my account to the beneficiary account. I quickly rushed to the nearest gtb branch and complained.

Fortunately, the transfer was made to a gtb account and so they were able to freeze the account. After all questioning as to if I knew the beneficiary and if I made the transfer, they eventually told me to get a bank order to enable them reverse the transfer.

I quickly sent an email to my account officers to intimate them about the situation while I get the bank order to which they responded that they will do the needful when I get the bank order. I employed the service of a lawyer who was able to get the court order on Friday 17th Feb and subsequently submitted the court order at the head office Lagos the following week.

I waited for about 4days for the reversal but nothing happened. I followed it by sending a mail to my account officer who claimed that they are still awaiting the court order. I responded by saying the court order has been submitted to the head office already and that he should check but up till now he never responded back. Another copy of the court was then submitted again to the head office 3days ago but nothing has happened since.

I have read some thread regarding similar case on nairaland and I am coming to the conclusion that I may have to escalate this issue to cbn but I do not know the appropriate email address. Please, I ask concerned one here on nairaland to help me on this case.

thanks
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Team16(m): 12:18am On Mar 04, 2017
darol4real:
Sue them to court if you can do it

I'm on that path, in my own case. Waiting for the 7days timeline.
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Team16(m): 12:21am On Mar 04, 2017
elvision1:
Guy! Take this matter enter better lawyer office naaah! I can't beg for my own money. Na wetin make me like jand so, if na there you go don see lawsuit of 200million against GTBank, 30count charge of distress and how their negligence has led to depression, another 100million cus you wanted to use the money for a business transaction,for which their delay led to your loss. O boi! See money!!! Kaasaa!

Brotherly, you are in the spirit. I'm just waiting for the 7days ultimatum to end. I will serve them with my lawsuit. Then sit down for house, and watch events. #BigbrotherGtbank show.
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Nobody: 6:33am On Mar 04, 2017
Nmercy:

I believe he has done so which is the reason my account officer is desperately contacting me and appologising for the delay
dts wtsup! smiley
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Dinocarex(m): 9:05am On Mar 04, 2017
Team16:

I have done that. Nothing is working. They keep referring me to the fraud unit. This is my handle. @derek_udo.

That's not how to create a thread on twitter!
Follow me @tweeterlandlord and let's chat on DM
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by josite: 11:13am On Mar 04, 2017
next time u dont need a court order,your lawyer ought to have challenged the instruction to get a court order.a police report issued after you swore to an affidavit suffices to get your money restored and to further compel a police investigations into the fraud.court order for what?.for the bank's negligence or what?.whose duty is it to ensure your moneys are kept safe? and whose burden should it be if your money is no more in your account?.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by elvision1(m): 1:50pm On Mar 04, 2017
Team16:

Brotherly, you are in the spirit. I'm just waiting for the 7days ultimatum to end. I will serve them with my lawsuit. Then sit down for house, and watch events. #BigbrotherGtbank show.

grin no let them goo ooo. Chop dem wella for all those 24 naira wey dem deduct every month for my account for trasaction even when e dormant. Incase you need beta 24inch TV take watch the show i fit hook you up. cheesy
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by hakimi1974(m): 5:17pm On Mar 04, 2017
this is classic resemblance fraud, with inside collusion, let me explain, insider will print out all info and image of the targeted account holder with a colour printer, he will then hand over the sensitive info to his partners in crime, especially those syndicates operating in mushin, shomolu, and oluwole axis. with this info all the syndicates need do is to shop for somebody who look like the account holder, or nearly look like the account holder so that slight make up can be done by a profesional make up artist, before then they must have mastered how to sign your signature know your date of birth maiden name and most important your phone number to hold it, but in o.p's case they did not because he got alert on transaction from his bank if not he would have kissed his monies good bye. less i forget they also have insiders in all the gsm telcos. all what they need do is to walk into your bank sign the neccessay documennts and wahla, your money don go be that.?
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Team16(m): 9:10pm On Mar 04, 2017
hakimi1974:
this is classic resemblance fraud, with inside collusion, let me explain, insider will print out all info and image of the targeted account holder with a colour printer, he will then hand over the sensitive info to his partners in crime, especially those syndicates operating in mushin, shomolu, and oluwole axis. with this info all the syndicates need do is to shop for somebody who look like the account holder, or nearly look like the account holder so that slight make up can be done by a profesional make up artist, before then they must have mastered how to sign your signature know your date of birth maiden name and most important your phone number to hold it, but in o.p's case they did not because he got alert on transaction from his bank if not he would have kissed his monies good bye. less i forget they also have insiders in all the gsm telcos. all what they need do is to walk into your bank sign the neccessay documennts and wahla, your money don go be that.?

Please can you explain further. Let me understand what you mean. Thanks
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by hakimi1974(m): 9:18pm On Mar 04, 2017
Team16:

Please can you explain further. Let me understand what you mean. Thanks
what exactly do you want to know?
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Team16(m): 3:19am On Mar 05, 2017
hakimi1974:
what exactly do you want to know?

The part of getting alert or no alert. I received email alerts not phone alerts. Because I don't use my line anymore.
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by HeavenShield: 5:53pm On Mar 05, 2017
Nmercy:
Hi Guys,

I have a very serious issue regarding a fraudulent transaction that occurred on my account in the first week of Feb. this year 2017. I got an alert early that morning that a new beneficiary has been set up on my account and the next alert came in almost immediately saying total of one million naira has been transferred from my account to the beneficiary account. I quickly rushed to the nearest gtb branch and complained.

Fortunately, the transfer was made to a gtb account and so they were able to freeze the account. After all questioning as to if I knew the beneficiary and if I made the transfer, they eventually told me to get a bank order to enable them reverse the transfer.

I quickly sent an email to my account officers to intimate them about the situation while I get the bank order to which they responded that they will do the needful when I get the bank order. I employed the service of a lawyer who was able to get the court order on Friday 17th Feb and subsequently submitted the court order at the head office Lagos the following week.

I waited for about 4days for the reversal but nothing happened. I followed it by sending a mail to my account officer who claimed that they are still awaiting the court order. I responded by saying the court order has been submitted to the head office already and that he should check but up till now he never responded back. Another copy of the court was then submitted again to the head office 3days ago but nothing has happened since.

I have read some thread regarding similar case on nairaland and I am coming to the conclusion that I may have to escalate this issue to cbn but I do not know the appropriate email address. Please, I ask concerned one here on nairaland to help me on this case.

thanks
GT BANK IS A NONSENSE BANK..VERY FRAUDULENT PEOPLE INDEED..
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by hakimi1974(m): 7:00pm On Mar 05, 2017
Team16:

The part of getting alert or no alert. I received email alerts not phone alerts. Because I don't use my line anymore.
they normally collude with unscrupulous staffs of the major telecoms company, let me explain, once they target an account they want to hit, the number that the account holder recieves alert is the number they will divert, all text messages and calls will never get to the account holder's phone but to the syndicates phone, once they succeed in clearing an account, the bank insider that supplied the info will collect between 20 and 30% of the loot, the telecom company staff, it could be m.t.n, glo, etisalat or airtel, that helped to divert the phone number will collect 10 - 15%, the syndicate will share the rest. and lest i forget the b.v.n have been heavily compromised by corrupt bankers, i know people operating 10 accounts with different names and with different b.v.n numbers.
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Team16(m): 8:31pm On Mar 05, 2017
hakimi1974:
they normally collude with unscrupulous staffs of the major telecoms company, let me explain, once they target an account they want to hit, the number that the account holder recieves alert is the number they will divert, all text messages and calls will never get to the account holder's phone but to the syndicates phone, once they succeed in clearing an account, the bank insider that supplied the info will collect between 20 and 30% of the loot, the telecom company staff, it could be m.t.n, glo, etisalat or airtel, that helped to divert the phone number will collect 10 - 15%, the syndicate will share the rest. and lest i forget the b.v.n have been heavily compromised by corrupt bankers, i know people operating 10 accounts with different names and with different b.v.n numbers.

Hmmmmm, you just said it all. From what the bank is telling me, they used mobile banking platform with my phone number to hack my account and that the BVN of the culprit has been circulated bank wide. And from what you are saying about multiple BVN, it means they will not catch the criminals and my money is gone because the bank said they have to catch the criminals first and then make them refund me. Meaning if no catch then no refund. Interesting. Let's see how my lawyer handles it sha. Thanks for the info.
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Phunkyposh(f): 8:09am On Mar 06, 2017
uboma:

Same here.

I never got credited the ridiculous amount of stamp charges they debited earlier from my account

Don't mind them....
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Nmercy: 12:08pm On Mar 06, 2017
BlinkyBling:
dts wtsup! smiley

My money has just been refunded. I want to use this opportunity to thank all nairalanders who showed support in every way possible. You guys are the best. Really appreciate you guys. Thanks so much
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by remedick: 12:33pm On Mar 06, 2017
Jabioro:
"You got an alert that new beneficiary had been setup in your account " This quoted line had a lot of meaning.. How can you set up a new beneficiary in your account without physically present in your domiciled branch or whatever branch you opted for without filled some some pages of form better still write a letter to that effect ?May term beneficiary in this context mean you about to transfer funds to another account.... give your branch the court order..

What an ignorant display. It clear that you do not use internet banking Mr cave man.
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by Jabioro: 12:35pm On Mar 06, 2017
remedick:

What an ignorant display. It clear that you do not use internet banking Mr cave man.
Check my correction Oga..
Re: GTBank Has Refused To Reverse A Fraudulent Transaction Made On My Account by remedick: 12:39pm On Mar 06, 2017
hakimi1974:

Story. This is not a movie bros. Make up ko, make down ni.

This is a clear case of hacking...and u don't need any of those stress just to hack. A simple email sent can reveal his ID.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Lagos City Hotel Rates Are The Most Expensive In Africa / Fidelity Bank Appoints Nneka Onyeali-Ikpe As New MD / Naira Exchange Rate Against Dollar, Pound And Euro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.