Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne - Literature (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne (364198 Views)

Story That Touches The Soul. / My Parents Banned Me From Speaking Igbo.. I Learnt From Yorubas ---T.N. Adaobi / Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Nobody: 12:08am On Apr 14, 2017
Still following...
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marychommy(f): 5:25am On Apr 14, 2017
datz really good. keep it coming
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Hadampson(m): 7:00am On Apr 14, 2017
This mrs kanu of a woman iz a replica of devil. So in her mind, she think she has finally achieve her aims. Mtcheeew
Mummy amanda sorry jawe. just endure it 4 a little while. Ur family will surely get u out of detention

Marianneada can't find right word to describe ur story. Ur story is the bomb #kudos

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Hadampson(m): 7:01am On Apr 14, 2017
ayorinbolableszy:
more mb to ur phone
Hi there!
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Hadampson(m): 7:03am On Apr 14, 2017
Crowniey:
That was rili bad of Mrs kanu anyway am sure Nemesis will catch up with her. Tanx for the update ma.

What do u expect from a devil? she(mrs kanu) is a devil am tellin u.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by ucheuzor1(m): 8:06am On Apr 14, 2017
Wow...what a writeup marianneada.... As an engineer, wasn't really a fan of reading literally works, but yours kept me glued to my phone....keep the updates coming... More ink to your ballpoint pen.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Jasmine4(f): 9:40am On Apr 14, 2017
This is great. Please keep it coming.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Aminzy(m): 10:43am On Apr 14, 2017
Oh oh oh,the only reward u deserve is with Almighty Allah,May Almighty Allah reward u abundantly @marianneada
Interesting

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by lettruthprevail: 12:20pm On Apr 14, 2017
You are really an interesting writer, Marianneada.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by ARA01(f): 1:10pm On Apr 14, 2017
Speechless
marianneada:

******* "Aaaaah, Chief, i didnt plan anything with her oooo, the only thing i'm guilty of is forcing Nelson to marry her,....... As for the baby and tampering with the result, i dont know anything about it....." Mummy begged kneeling down

"Mummy stop lying oooo, how am i supposed to train this child,.... Stop pretending oo, infact.... Chief... I was on my own when your wife approached me and begged me to marry her son....... Thank God i saw him drunk one night.... I pretended to be a good friend,... I drove him home that night, but he didnt touch me....... After some weeks i found out i was pregnant..... I needed someone to call my husband,... So i accused your son of being the father of the baby...... I knew he wont accept the pregnancy, so i called his mother,... I knew she hated Amaka, so i used her against Amaka,...... Chief pls i changed the report,....... I would rather abort this baby than live with a poor man like Nelson "she confessed

Everyone was speechless, Nelson was just thanking God,....

" So Lizzy you faked the report?, you disappointed me"mummy said

"Ohhhh pls shut up, what about you?, the day your family will find out who you truly are, no one will forgive you, "

"You're mad, leave my house right now, useless girl,..... You want to put me into trouble, you want my husband to send me to jail,... Devil in human form" Mummy was insulting her

She called the security man to throw Lizzy out, she left in shame

"You've all seen who your mother wanted your brother to marry, i knew all this girl wanted was money so i had to put that stunt to know who she really was, and she showed me her true character............" he turned to his wife... "i dont have anything to say to you,...." he went upstairs to his room

Nelson ran to me and hugged me,

"Baby i told you i'm not the father of that baby,"

"i' was still speechless,so this girl could go this far just to lay hands on your wealth"

We went to daddy's room and thanked him for his intelligent idea,mummy won't begging him.

We bade them goodnite and left for our house. I told Nelson to take me to a church close to our house,........ We joined them in their adoration, then the evening mass.

We got home around 8pm,we were exhausted, i hurriedly prepared Plantain and egg.

********* I continued with my prayers, i had started seeing revelations in my dreams,i knew there was a secret mummy is hiding from us.

On the last day of my prayer, i went to the market and bought foodstuffs to prepare mummy's favourite dish,..... After cooking, i packed the food in a flasks and headed to the family house,........

I got to the house and saw a familiar jeep packed outside,... I wondered who the visitor was,... I walked to the front door and tried opening the door when i heard women arguing,.... I stopped and listened

"You're playing with me Amanda, you dont know what i'm capable of doing, i'll expose your secret, i'l ruin you,...... You couldnt convince your son to marry my daughter, so you want her to give birth to a bastard"the female voice sounded familiar,

"it's not easy o, your daughter messed up everything, she confessed before my family, she said that she only wanted our money,..... What was i supposed to do?, i had to defend my self" Mummy tried explaining

"Mummy i wish you were here to listen to what her husband said,...... I only told them that i cant marry a poor man" a lady'a voice spoke

"Will you shut up!, this is how you keep messing up your life,i tried my best to provide you with all you need,.. Do you know what we stand to loose with this your stupid act,?,......... I've laboured for years to achieve this dream,"........ The woman was talking facing the lady,. She then turned to mummy

"Amanda, hope you know i still have the evidence, i will simply go to the police and give it to them,.... You'll spend your remaining years in jail....... You have only two weeks to think of how to solve this problem and get my daughter married to your son,..... "

" Pls two weeks is too small, give me enough time, you know how stubborn my son is,........ And with what your daughter did,... Nobody will listen to me.."Mummy pleaded

" let's leave here"...... They carried their hand bags amd turned to leave then i saw their faces

Aunty Adanna was lizzy's mother, God, i couldn't believe my eyes,........ I've been running to my enemy for help,...... Tears dropped from my eyes,..... I couldn't hold myself anymore,..... I pushed the door open...... And everyone was shocked to see me........

"What.... Are.. You doing here!?" Mummy managed to ask me

"Aunty Adanna,..... What are you doing here", i asked

Mummy was shocked,

"Have you two met before" Mummy asked looking astonished

"So you're Lizzy's mother,...." I said pointing at aunty Adanna

" You pretended all along that you were a friend to me...... I never knew you are an enemy to this family....
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 1:15pm On Apr 14, 2017
********"Hmm, Nelson and Chy, i'm still surprised at this your sudden visit,... Hope all is well?, I know your mother doesn't allow you children to visit us,....."

Aunty complained as she led into her sitting room

"Auntyyyyyy.. Mummy will never do such a thing,..... "

" I know you must defend her, Is she not your mother?,..Make your selves comfortable, this is your home too..... Let me quickly prepare something for you and your sister,..... "she looked at me for the hundredth time since we entered the house,........

" Emmm, Nelson my son,... Is she Chy's friend? "she asked pointing at me

" Ohhhhh, aunty sorry i forgot to introduce my wife to you,...... "he beckoned on me to stand up

" Aunty meet Amaka, my new wife,..... Amaka this is my maternal aunty,.... She's my mummy father's younger sister,....... "Nelson introduced us

" What!,... So Nelson, your mother could be this wicked,... Imagine my prince got married and she didnt inform me, what wrong did i do to your mother,.....So you wedded in Lagos and your mother didnt invite her father's people,..... Abomination!!!!,...... My people must hear this,...... She has forgotten i was the one that forced her to marry Chief, she's now enjoying the marriage and i'm now her enemy,.... Chaiiiiiiiii,........ I have grown up daughters that would've done ashebi for you,... At least they would've gotten rich men like you and your father to marry them,....... Eeeeeh,..... Look at the golden opportunity my children missed,....... "

" Aunty calm down,..... We only did introduction and payment of dowry,..... The wedding is still on the way,..... And your girls must be among the bridal train,........ "

She smiled sheepishly, God this woman is a drama queen,.... She was ready to fight Mummy if she was here with us,.. Now she's smiling,....

" This is why i always talk about you,... You know how to make me happy,..... Not minding what your mother would say,.... "

She then turned to me

I knelt down to greet her

" Nne get up,...... You're favoured,..... Nelson you have good eyes,.... She's so beautiful,.... Come my daughter,..... "

I went to her and she hugged me

" Where're from,? "
I told her my village,.....

" Chineke meee, O kwa nwa nnem nwanyi ooooooh (she's my sister oooo), come,.... Come... Come..... Sit down , who are your parents? "

I told her my parent's name

" You mean, Amanda's childhood friend in the village,?, ""

"Yes ma"

"Unbelievable,....... ... I've never seen two friends as close as them,...... Chaiiii,.... This world is a small place ooooo,.... Wait oooo,.... Nelson, how did you meet her,.... You dont always visit the village,.... Or did your mother match make both of you? "

" Ahhhhh, aunty,...... Mummy didnt match make them, they met and fell in love, shikina....... Since we came you've talking and talking, you haven't even offered us anything to drink or eat,....... You're only interested in Nelson's marriage,... Haba,.. Let us rest, maybe later you can continue with your gist,....... You can also join the bridal train if you like,...... "Chy retorted

The two maids carried our bags upstairs,

" Ebere,...... Arrange two rooms for them,.... Then you, bring out two packs of chicken,...... Before you do that,..... Serve them something to drink, "she instructed her maids

I meant to laugh but i held myself,.... I knew Chy never get along with her aunty, she has told me how she doesn't like visiting her,.....how they can argue from now till day break,........ I know she just started a fight now

."Like mother like daughter,.....am i the one you're telling shikina,....... You that is talking, is this girl not your age mate and she's married to your brother , you're supposed to be with your husband too, and you're here talking back at me,..... .dont allow that ring you're wearing deceive you ooooo........ Fail to bring home anyman at the end of your service year, i'll personally bring home a man for you "she hissed and stood up,.... Let me go and prepare food for my prince and his wife,..... Call the maid to get you more drinks,......" she walked into the kitchen

"Chy, that was rude of you,.... Why did you talk to her in that manner "Nelson rebuked Chy

" i'm sorry, but i just cant stand her blaming mummy for every little thing,...... Look at the luxurious life she and her family is living, all thanks to mummy, this house was built by daddy,.. When her husband's people threw her out with her kids, it was mummy that came to her rescue, the boutique she's running here was sponsored by daddy, all thanks to mummy, her two sons are abroad today, was because daddy made it possible,..... Her first daughter is in the US with her husband,... Mummy single handedly trained her in nursing school,...... She cant even praise mummy,... She should go to CNN OR BBC to announce to the whole world that she forced my mummy to marry chief,. Moreover, Are her daughters not older than i am, she should be more worried about them.... "she hissed then continued

" Remembering mummy 's condition irks me, i don't even want to imagine her condition right now,..... "Chy continued in a sorrowful tone

" What condition are you talking about? "aunty asked entering the sitting room

" We were talking about a friend,....... Where' re your girls?, "Nelson asked her avoiding the next question that might follow

"They went to a friend's party,.... They will soon be back,......."

She went back to the kitchen

"I dont like the way aunty talks sometimes, she wanted to cry here because of common Bridal train,,,,,......... "

" You should know her by now,.... This is her character,.. She loves wealth and affluence,.... Thank God she has finally gotten it,.... "

" Let me call daddy to check on mummy "

He went outside to call dad.

He returned some minutes later,

" Thank God the lawyer has been able to withhold the case,...... The police gave us one week before the case would be taken to court,..... Thank God, at least we will begin our search tomorrow,..... Chy, pls, try and put up with aunty's attitude, we need her help seriously,.... Your attitude might ruin things for us,...... Apologize to her when she returns,...... "

I excused myself and went to the kitchen to help her out,.......

********I noticed how things are neatly Arranged in her kitchen,..... She was the type of woman that doesn't want to age,.... She dresses like a young girl, her nails were fixed and polished neatly,...... She's very funny to be with.....

"My daughter, dont mind the way i talk ooo, it's just me,........ You can take stout from the fridge to chill your nerves,...she said pointing to a fridge in the kitchen....." I was still looking at the youngie mama when she opened the fridge and brought out two bottles of stout,.........

"Oya take,.... I'll drink this one,..... I love sipping one while cooking".......

" Thank you ma, i dont take alcohol ma,..... "

" Aahhhhhh, you're missing alot ooooo,....... No wonder you dont reason well,..... Because if you do,..... You would've asked your mother in law for her people when they came to ask for your hand in marriage ,...... "

This woman self,...... She just opens her mouth and talk anyhow

" Hope you're not offended,..... This is why you need this,.... For you to reason well,........ You see, i suffered alot before i made money,..... Thank God for Chief,..... His wife grew up in my house,....... I trained her well,...... But ever since she gave birth to Nelson, she changed, she stopped visiting me immediately they relocated to Lagos,.... She comes here once in a blue moon,.... The last time she came,..... She didnt spend time at home with us.,,,,, She leaves the house in the morning and returns in the evening,she looked troubled,..... I tried asking her but she said she was ok,.... Since then i've not seen her again,........... "

" The best aunty in the whole world,. The original aunty,.... The youngest mama in Africa, "Chy came in hailing her aunty

The woman faked anger

" Aunty i'm sorry na,... I was just being stupid,.... In fact i was trying to tease you, pls forgive me na,... "

" Now you're talking,..... I forgave you long time ago, "she hugged Chy and continued with our discussion

The food was done in no time

We ate our food chatting, we heard someone drive into the compound.

" I think my girls are back, "aunty said

" Ohhhhhh, who do we have here?, I cant believe this mummy,....... "they all ran to Chy and Nelson and hugged them

" See my twin brother has grown into a big man ooooo,.... You're looking good bro,...... Mummy nawa for you ooo, you couldn't hola us to tell us about their visit, "
the eldest of the three girls said cheerfully

" I wanted to surprise you na"

"Surprise ni"

". Mum, pls we're famished,..." the youngest girl said

"You're returning from an owambe and you're complaining of hunger,...... See i prepared this food for the four of us,... So go and look for what to eat,.... Their mum smirked them

The girls snatched their mother's food and ran into the kitchen with it,.....

"These girls are mad,...... See me ooo, person go party come dey cry for food,"

Their mother went after them

They all returned to the dining carrying their food,..... They returned mummy 's food to her

"Mummy, ehhhh, that guy bleeped up,..... He is as broke as,.... He was only forming for us ooooo, the party was wack,..... Imagine inviting plenty people with little food,... Mummy we begged for water,..... When they brought it,... They brought pure water claiming that bottled water has finished,....... The funniest part of it, was that they started sharing tooth pick at the end of the show,..... Mummy ehhh, i was insulted"the eldest daughter narrated

"I warned you about that guy, but you insisted on attending the party,..... The presents we bought for him is still in the car,......"

"Keep it well ooo, my own birthday will soon reach,...... Nelson hope you'll attend it with your wife"

The girls were shocked and they chorused

"Wife"?

" Nelson you no try at all,..... So you marry you now invite us,... "that was when they noticed my presence,

" Oh my God,....... This is your wife..... "they said pointing at me

" Yea"

They hugged me in turns

"She's beautiful,. .pls how's my big aunty, Daddy, Chizzy and Kingsley doing?, i've missed them alot" The youngest girl said

"They're fine, they send their regards"

"Dont worry girls, our wedding is coming up soon,..."he told them

"Waooooooh, i need to start shopping soon,..... I think we 'll go to Dubai for our shopping,.. . Chy and your wife would join us......" she then turned to me.... Pls dear wifey,...... I' m Tina, second daughter to mama here,....... That is Ann, my immediate younger sis, then our last born Sophia,......... We're done with school,....... We are working to help mummy out in paying the bills,....... You're welcome to the family,....... "

" Thank so much Tina, i'm Amaka"

"Nice meeting you"

We went to the living room to watch television before retiring to our rooms,.... Nelson took out time to explain to the family why we visited them

" So Amanda has been passing through this, without informing me,.... You see why i always complain about her,...... I would've travelled down to Lagos with my boys to deal with mrs Kanu,.... . Who does she think she is?,............ Oooooh, God....... I wish i can lay my hands on that witch,........ So Tina, you still remember that usless man's house?, we shall begin the search for him tomorrow,... Dont worry my kids,....... No be for this Ogun state?, Na we get here,..... We must find him.... So Amanda is in detention because of her own stupidity,....... I want to go to Lagos with you,... I want to give Amanda two hot slaps for being so stupid and silly,....... Imagine her fellow woman blackmailing her for years,.......... I'm boiling ooooo"

"Mummy calm down, everyone is not like you,.... You know how quiet aunty has been,... "Tina said

" And you have seen where her quietness has landed her,....... Chaii, Chief has really been through alot,.... Thank God for the kind of heart that man has,..... He loves your mother so much and showers her his affection,....... No problem,... Till i see Amanda, Big woman with no common sense,....... You see it,... You cant buy sense with money,....... "

Aunty called some people and informed them about Peter,....... They promised to start the search for him, the next day.

We retired to our rooms exhausted,... We bathed and slept off, awaiting a better tomorrow.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by urchman23: 1:53pm On Apr 14, 2017
******CLASSIC******

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by xaviercasmir(m): 2:07pm On Apr 14, 2017
[/b]I really like this your work ma'am. RIDE ON[b]
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by bossy512(f): 2:17pm On Apr 14, 2017
Wehdone, nice story
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by wehdone(m): 2:19pm On Apr 14, 2017
bossy512:
Wehdone, nice story
But I didn't write d story
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by donweasley(m): 2:50pm On Apr 14, 2017
nice......more ink to your pen

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by nifemilizD: 3:11pm On Apr 14, 2017
so interesting, more ink to ur pen , can't wait to get to the end am really enjoying this story, just like movie. Godbless u

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Hadampson(m): 4:52pm On Apr 14, 2017
wehdone:

But I didn't write d story

1 Share

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Crowniey(f): 7:22pm On Apr 14, 2017
There is definitely no love lost between d 2 sisters, but Nelson mum shuld have opend up to her aunt maybe her problem would av been solved before it got to this point. Hope they find peter at the end.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marychommy(f): 8:50pm On Apr 14, 2017
haaa I love DAT woman die no dull moment with her. thump up
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Nancydearie(f): 10:54pm On Apr 14, 2017
Nice piece Marianneada, keep it up.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Hadampson(m): 6:45am On Apr 15, 2017
Happy birthday to you vanida6
Wish u success, fame, riches, good health, elevation and other good attributes. Age with grace

btw

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by ayorinbolableszy(f): 12:44pm On Apr 15, 2017
Hadampson:
Hi there!
hello
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by uchman48(m): 2:08pm On Apr 15, 2017
Adaobi, I appreciate the fact that you make out time to update. I will say more power to your strength. I love you dear. Happy easter in advance
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Aminzy(m): 2:49pm On Apr 15, 2017
ayorinbolableszy:
hello
Hi......which syd re u in Kwara.......I'm also in Kwara
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 6:16pm On Apr 15, 2017
CONTINUATION

******* Nelson, his aunthy, Tina and i went to Peter's old house to search for him, ....

No one seems to know him,..... We went round the neighbourhood searching for him,....... We spent the whole day in his neighbourhood,... Yet we didn't get any vital information about him,..... We left to return the next day,......

It's three days and we are yet to find Peter,...... Nelson's aunt helped us a lot,...... On the the fifth day, there was no success,. ... Nelson suggested we return to Lagos,.....

We returned to Lagos in the evening,..... Aunty promised us to continue with the search,..... We went to the police station to see mummy immediately we arrived,.......

We could see the look of disappointment written all over her,

"I'm sorry mum, we couldn't find him,...... We tried our best" Nelson said amidst tears

"It's ok my son, i leave my fate in God's hands,.... I'm innocent of all they accused me of,....... Peter is not your father,..... He confessed to me......... Where's your daddy?,........ Pls take care of him for me,..... "

We stayed with her for some time before before we left

Nelson received a call from the detective,he was happy after receiving the call

" Baby, why are you happy,?, Is there any good news? "i asked him anxiously

" The detective said he's on his way to Ogun state, he received an important call that might help us"

"Oh God, pls help us, "

Daddy was making all contacts to ensure the case wont be taken to court,........

The police called to inform us that the case would be taken to court on Tuesday, the detective left for Ogun on Saturday

I continued with my prayers, i called my mother to inform her of what is happening,... She promised to come to Lagos on Sunday..........

Sunday morning she took the early morning bus to Lagos,..this was her first visit to Lagos... We were contacting the driver,.... When they got to the park, the driver called us,....... We left to pick mummy

Mummy didnt allow us take her home

"Pls, Nelson take me to your mother,..... I want to see my friend,... "She said shedding tears

" Mama, why are you behaving as if mummy Amanda is already dead"i asked her

"My daughter you wont understand,.... Pls just drive me to the station "

We drove her to the station, when she saw her friend, they both broke down in tears,

They cried holding each other for some minutes,.....

" Why didn't you confide in me? "
" I'm sorry, i thought i could handle it,...... "

" It's well,... Hope you're still praying,...... Pray without ceasing,.......... "she brought anointed oil, and did the sign of the cross on mummy's forehead
," The Lord is with you my friend,...... "

" Amen"

They didn't want to leave each other's sight
My mother told her encouraging words of God, she even read some verses from the bible to her,.......

The constable reminded us that it was time to go

We visited the family house to see daddy, he was happy to see my mother,.......... We prepared dinner and ate together,...... My mother called us together to pray as a family,... That was the first time we prayed together,...... Everyone was elevated,.... She gave everyone prayers and verses to read in the Bible before we left for my husband's house

Mama prepared food for mummy Amanda,.... . Nelson returned in the afternoon and took us to the station to see mummy.

The sight that greeted us at the station was overwhelming,.......

"Thank God, you're here Nelson,...... I was about calling you,... Your father is on his way,..... "The DPO greeted him

" Hope my mother is ok, "

" We have good news,...... Some men were arrested yesterday night for kidnapping and blackmailing rich people,...... They said they are professionals in blackmail,....... They gave us the names of those they have been working for,........ Thank God,........ Mrs Kanu was mentioned,...... "As he was saying this,..... Daddy and Chy rushed into his office

" As i was saying,...... They said mrs Kanu has been blackmailing one woman for years,....... She pays them to follow the woman around,....... It's better i invite them here to tell you how they have been working "

He called a junior officer to bring in the criminals,...... They were looking hagard and mean as they were ushered into the office

" Tell us what you said about mrs Kanu,....... "the DPO ordered him

" Oga,.... That woman na our mama oooooo,.... She paid me and my boys to be following one woman,...... I don forget her name,.... But if i see am i go sabi her,.......... She don pay us well well for this business,........ She paid us to kill one man many years ago for Ogun State,...... We stabbed the man but he i no sure say he die,........ Mama set that woman up and she fall for am,..... Since then we dey chop her money,...... Na two years ago madam tell us say that man dey alive make we find am kill am before it's too late,...... Na him make the man hide,..... We never see am again,..... "

I never looked at the men closely,...... The calm one was hiding his face behind the one talking

" Why you dey hide for back, abeg comot"

He pushed that one forward

"Jesus!!!!!!!, pastor,!, my God will never forgive you,......... Oh my God"i screamed

"Young lady, do you know him?,"

"Yes sir"

I told the story of how mrs Kanu took me to his place

"God really saved you,..... You would have killed your mother in law out of your stupidity"

"Oya continue "

" we poisoned the ice cream he bought for his mother and wife through the help of his secretary "he said pointing at Nelson

" We killed her when we found out she wanted to confess"

"I'm responsible for Lizzy's pregnancy,..... We were dating behind her mother's back,............ "

Everyone was shocked,.... Nobody spoke,..... My mother was busy praying silently

" Chief, i'm sorry for what we did to your family "

Mummy Amanda was brought in, when they saw mother, they were shocked to see her handcuffed,......

" Na she be this oo,..... Wetin you dey do here "

" she killed that man"shouted the DPO

"Noooooo, she's innocent,..... You arrested the wrong person, mrs Kanu is supposed to be the one here no be her"

Mummy was just thanking God,.. The DPO received a call,.... He told the person that called him to enter,...... Aunty, her three daughters,the detective and one man entered the office

"Peter!!!!!!!!!!!! "Mummy screamed

Everyone stood up

" So you're alive"

"pls get me the video, i need to play it in a laptop to be sure this is the man,.... "

They brought the video and played it,... It was the same man that was stabbed,..... He even showed us where he was stabbed,.......

" Where have you been mr Man, "The DPO asked him

" Sir, my neighbour saved me on that fateful day, he took me to the hospital where i was treated,.... I ran to my village for safety,.... I only came to Lagos two years ago to reveal myself to Amanda, but unluckily for me,..... One of mrs Kanu's boys saw me,..... I fled back to Ogun and from there i returned to my village,..... "

" I think that was the day i saw him"Tina said

"Yes, i saw you too, but i hid out of fear"

"So how were you brought here"

"Sir,.. A friend of mine in Ogun state happens to know Peter,.... He said he knows where we could find him, i called Nelson's aunt since i dont know my way about in the East,we travelled to his village and met him,........ His wife and children refused he would follow us to Lagos, but we assured them he would return,.... "The detective narrated

" Pls, i'm not Nelson's father,... I never touched Amanda,....... . I did what i did because i was threatened to do it"Peter confessed

" This is unbelievable,.............. Chief you can arrange for your wife's bail,.... "the DPO said looking so tired

We were so happy,.... Mummy rushed to her aunty to hug her, but the woman slapped her hard on the chic,.....

" This is for being stupid,look at the mess you made us pass through,..... Especially your immediate family"

"Aunty i am sorry, pls forgive me" she hugged her aunty,..... She then turned to my mother and hugged her so tight,..........

The bail was done, and we all made to leave, but the DPO stopped us,....

. "Mr Peter, you're under arrest for blackmail, ....." a junior officer said

We turned in shocked

. "I'm sorry chief,..... But we have to do our job,.... We can only drop the case if your wife decides so, but he must be detained today,"

"I understand, "mr Peter surrendered himself to the police and he was taken inside

We all drove to the family house happy,.... I was happy for the reunion of mummy Amanda and her aunty's family,...... We prepared a delicious meal for everyone,..... Daddy seemed to be the happiest amongst us all,....... Mummy went to her room with my mother, sbe bathed and changed into a beautiful dress,......

After eating we all sat down and chatted,....... My mother called us all for prayers,.. We sang praises and worship to God be before praying,..... We couldn't return to our house that night ... We all slept in the family house.

I slept peacefully,..... So did everyone,...... We agreed to go for Thanksgiving mass the coming Sunday,..... We begged aunty and her children to spend more time with us before travelling back to Ogun state.

6 Likes

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by urchman23: 7:01pm On Apr 15, 2017
I'm in love like my livehood depend on this Ada!
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by urchman23: 7:15pm On Apr 15, 2017
Wao this is beautiful Ada, I was inspired by your write up.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by heemah(f): 7:29pm On Apr 15, 2017
Thank God the storm is over. Prayer always prevail.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Harkyn92(m): 7:40pm On Apr 15, 2017
I've always being in ghost mode, but if I let this story go without commending the effort of the writer, it will be very bad of me. so for this reason I will like to say you did a very great job, I pray that may God increase your knowledge. keep it up.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Mide1024(f): 8:50pm On Apr 15, 2017
wow i love this story may god bless the writer in jesus name
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Aminzy(m): 9:15pm On Apr 15, 2017
God bless the Writer,Producer,Director,Cast and the producing studio......More blood to ur body system
Good job @marianneada

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (34) (Reply)

Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / Story: Taking Chances / Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.