Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne - Literature (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne (363774 Views)

Story That Touches The Soul. / My Parents Banned Me From Speaking Igbo.. I Learnt From Yorubas ---T.N. Adaobi / Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Ifecoded(m): 10:30am On Apr 21, 2017
First to comment after a new update.... Lol My baby is pregnant o. Na twins dey dia. Seun is a coward.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 10:46am On Apr 21, 2017
Ifecoded:
First to comment after a new update.... Lol
My baby is pregnant o. Na twins dey dia.
Seun is a coward.
Are you sure?
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Ifecoded(m): 10:49am On Apr 21, 2017
marianneada:
Are you sure?
Very sure, make her pregnant o, I trust you anyways, you no fit fall ma hand nah.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by heemah(f): 10:51am On Apr 21, 2017
She is pregnant ooo....
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by kajsa08: 10:52am On Apr 21, 2017
singing in sunny nneji's voice "somebody is on the way o bigi bigi bouncing baby"
amy don get belle, shakara don end o.

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by urchman23: 11:00am On Apr 21, 2017
You rock ma'am, it's still getting real.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by BlissfulJeff(m): 1:46pm On Apr 21, 2017
ride on gal,am enjoyin dis
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 4:29pm On Apr 21, 2017
I closed this page because of plagiarism

4 Likes

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by urchman23: 5:03pm On Apr 21, 2017
Thank you, first to comment. Waiting like forever.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 6:30pm On Apr 21, 2017
urchman23:
Thank you, first to comment. Waiting like forever.
lol, how're u today?
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Pricelessebe(f): 6:35pm On Apr 21, 2017
Thanks for the update.. Nice story
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by urchman23: 7:23pm On Apr 21, 2017
I'm doing great. Thank God is weekend, so more update as the day goes by.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by urchman23: 7:24pm On Apr 21, 2017
urchman23:
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by urchman23: 7:25pm On Apr 21, 2017
marianneada:
lol, how're u today?

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Missmossy(f): 7:55pm On Apr 21, 2017
Awww that must have really hurt, i feel for Amaka. Girls should learn from these, those that are quick to take drugs at the nearest symptom of Malaria especially when married. Keep it coming Marianneada, thumbs up for this beautiful story.

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Emodeee: 7:59pm On Apr 21, 2017
Missmossy:
Awww that must have really hurt, i feel for Amaka. Girls should learn from these, those that are quick to take drugs at the nearest symptom of Malaria especially when married. Keep it coming Marianneada, thumbs up for this beautiful story.

is it because you studied english, that's why you love literature section or it's innate?
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Missmossy(f): 8:11pm On Apr 21, 2017
Emodeee:

is it because you studied english, that's why you love literature section or it's innate?
Which one concern you amebo undecided
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Gizy20(f): 8:39pm On Apr 21, 2017
nice one, keep it rolling
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Emodeee: 8:52pm On Apr 21, 2017
Missmossy:
Which one concern you amebo undecided

really! no pun intended na. missmossy, we dey quarrel ni?
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by BlissfulJeff(m): 9:11pm On Apr 21, 2017
beautiful update
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by ArcToyin(m): 11:03pm On Apr 21, 2017
A good job well done. Kudos. Ladies are stubborn (sorry to say). It reflected in the life of Amaka. Your husband threw you out of his house because of matter concealing, now she did it again. If Nelson realised that she didnt inform him when she was sick, it might result into another problem in their marriage.

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by nifemilizD: 11:47pm On Apr 21, 2017
I wonder why shez just being too know, she believes she can handle things atleast she should inform her better half, now she lost the pregnancy and the fun as well, anyways I know its 4 a purpose. good job madam, more Greece to ur elbow
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Aminzy(m): 11:04am On Apr 22, 2017
Oh i miss the first to comment......gosh....anyway......good one ....thank u @marianneada
hw re u doin
God bless you nd ur family
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 1:16pm On Apr 22, 2017
Aminzy:
Oh i miss the first to comment......gosh....anyway......good one ....thank u @marianneada
hw re u doin
God bless you nd ur family
I'm fine, May God bless you too.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 3:15pm On Apr 22, 2017
CHAPTER 15

The thought of my husband's reaction when he finally knows that i contributed to my miscarriage wouldn't leave me,......... I thought about all the mistakes i've made in trying to handle things my own way,.... I felt sorry for my husband,...He had changed towards me one week after i returned from the hospital,.... He was still the loving man that i married but he had become domineering.

I was posted to a secondary school in a remote part of Lagos,..... I was so happy because i would be leaving the house, i was already bored of staying at home under my husband's watchful eyes.....

I reported to my PPA early Monday morning, though it was a long drive, i enjoyed it,.......

The principal was so happy to see me, she's a woman in her late forties,..... She took me to her office to make acquaintance,

"You're welcome my dear,"..i sat opposite her, then she went straight to the point.

"We wanted you handle Government but unfortunately there's someone doing that,... We have enough staff for each subject,....therefore, You're relieved if your duty in my school,... You can only report here once in a while, I can always cover up for you,... "

" Since you have enough staff,how come i was posted to your school,..... From my enquiries, i found out you personally requested for corpers to be posted to your school,.... Four corpers were posted here,... The other three are already in the classroom teaching and you're telling me that you're relieving me of my duty,........... This is unfair,.... " i said amidst tears,...."

"My dear, i'm sorry, but i have to do this,.... I dont want to loose my job,... "

" What are you talking about?, what will make you loose your job,.... "i was astonished

" I'm only carrying out an Instruction,.... Go home and find out from your husband, "

Now i know,.. It's been him all along,..
" Thank you ma, it was nice meeting you"i carried my bag and left her office raging in anger.

I drove home, i would've loved to report him to mummy but she wasn't at home,... She was busy buying foodstuffs she would travel with,.... I went home looking dejected,.... . I'm tired of staying at home doing nothing,... My husband treats me like a kid,.... He made sure that i lacked nothing,... I cant go out alone,... I must inform him of my intention of going out,. . Then i will tell him where and when i would return,.... He wont stop calling me until i return,.. Sometimes he would drive down to where i am with his office driver,.... I love my husband but the way things are going,.... He's stalking me,..... I dont keep friends,.... He doesn't allow me bring home my female friends,.... It's just the two of us,.......

I got home tired and angry,... I called our new cook to ask what she prepared for lunch,.... My husband employed two new housekeepers, a middle aged woman,... And a seventeen year old boy, my previous servant has left to continue with his studies,..... he made it clear to me that he employed her to keep me company,.. Since i've been complaining of boredom,....

I had a cold shower to calm my anger, before taking a nap,..... I woke up in the evening,... I was still angry at what happened in the morning,... What baffled me was that, he pretended he was ok with where i was posted to,.. He even volunteered to take me there but i refused,... He baded me goodbye with a kiss and wished me well,..... This guy is cunny,.... He has alot of questions to answer me tonight,...... Thank God i had soup in the freezer because i dont have the strength to cook,.... I instructed the cook on what to do and retired to my room,.....

He came back late in the evening with all smiles,... He came to where i sat enjoying my fruits and pecked me

"Baby, i've been calling you to know how your day was, but you didn't pick,.... "

I wanted to attack him immediately but i calmed myself down,....

" My day was cool,.... "

" And the principal?, "

" Oohh that nice woman, she was so nice to me,....... I was happy to teach the students,.. I cant wait for tomorrow to come cause i'm already missing my students,. "i decided to play my own tricks on him

He was baffled, he stared at me for some seconds,

" Do you have anything else to say? "i asked him
." Actually,..... I didn't know you would start teaching today,...., "

"Oooh really?, when actually do you expect me to start teaching?, or dont you actually want me to go there at all? "

" Not that, i was thinking...... Emmm...... "

" Pls go in shower, then come down for dinner"

After dinner that night, i pretended to be asleep when he came inside the room,...... He quietly laid down beside me,

"Baby, what time will you leave for school tomorrow, i would love to drop you off, at least let me meet your principal? "

I couldn't take it anymore

" So that you can terminate her appointment with your contacts right,.... You think i dont know what you did,...... You returned pretending you dont know the game you played,... You even have the guts to ask me how my day was,...... If you must know, my day was horrible, all thanks to you,..... Ever since i returned from the hospital, you've been dictating my life for me,..... I dont have a life of my own,.... If there's anything i did wrong just tell me and I'll apologize "

He quietly turned to the other end of the bed and slept off.I wanted to hit him hard on his back but something held me, how dare he ignore me and sleep off,.... So i've been ranting,....... I angrily switched off our bedroom and slept off too.

THREE MONTHS LATER

*********My husband woke me up and told me to bathe and get ready, that we would be going to the hospital,...... I was shocked

" Hospital?, why?, Is there anyone that is admitted there?" i asked removing the blanket i used in covering myself,.....

"I want to take you to the hospital,..... "

I laughed
" Did i complain to you that i'm sick, or that i wanted to visit the hospital,..... How can you just wake me up and tell me you're taking me to the hospital? "

" You now want to challenge me abi? "

" I'm not going anywhere with you,..i'm not a kid.. Take it or leave it"

I tied my robe and went down to check on the cook,..... I came back and met him already dressed up..... I ignored him,.... I dressed the bed,.. And cleaned our room,....

When he saw i wasnt ready to bathe or dress up, he cleared his throat to draw my attention

"Baby, if you dont dress up now, i'll have no other option than to call your mother and tell her how disrespectful you have become,......"

I dont like when he complains to my mother about my behaviour, she would end up crying and reminding me of how he wiped away our tears,....and how a wife is submissive to her husband,...... I dont have strength for those her long sermons.

I quickly ran to the bathroom and showered, i was ready in less than thirty minutes....... I ate little before we left.

The doctor was waiting for us when we came,..... They did some test on me,.the doctor checked my body,..... We waited for the results to be out.

The doctor assured me that i'm now free to have sex with my husband, and that i can start making plans for a baby,..... I was happy with the news,.......

My husband drove me to his office when we left the hospital,..... He signed some files and did other necessary things before we went home.

*******I was feeling lonely at home when my friend,Chidera called me, i met her in Camp, we were very close before i left,.... She has been begging to pay me a visit but i was scared of my husband,.... I always post poned her visits,...... This time, she called to inform me that she was around my neighbourhood and would love to see me,..... I checked the time, it was still 10am, i had enough time to gist with her before my husband returned,.. I directed her to my house,.. In less than twenty minutes, i heard a knock on the gate,..

I waited for her in the sitting room but there was no sight of her,.... I went outside to check on her,... i met the security guard questioning her,..
"What is going on here, Amos ?

"Madam, i no know this woman oo, she tell me say she be your friend,....... I tell her madam no get friend, she come dey laugh me,... "

" Is something wrong with your brain,....It's barely one month you were employed here,So i dont expect you to know all my friends,..... "

" But madam, oga tell me say,........ "

" Come on shut up!, something is wrong with you and that your oga, i collected the keys from him and opened the gate, i apologized to Dera,..... I took her inside the living room and offered her something to drink,..... We talked about our days in the camp, how guys were drooling in the camp for us,.... She went on to gist me on how one particular rich dude has been searching for my contact,......

"Amy, Gerald is so bent on getting your contact,... I told him you're married but he doesn't believe me,..... He said you wore those expensive rings to scare guys away from you,... He said till he meets your husband he won't rest,...... "

" That is guy is not serious, but he was fun to be with in camp,.... He knows how to make everyone laugh and forget our sorrows then,.... I heard he went to the clinic to meet that nurse that prescribed drugs for me"

We both laughed

I looked up and saw my husband standing by the door,..... I thought i saw a ghost,...... He cant be home by this time of the day,.... What happened?, he feigned a smile and walked up to me.......

"Baby, how..... come....... you're back early,... "i stammered

" Good day sir"Dera greeted him

He answered her and went up to our room, i knew right away that the useless security guard called him,..... I knew i was in for big trouble,. Especially when he knows we were talking about a guy,......

My friend stayed for some minutes and announced her departure, i was glad when she left,...... I lazily climbed the staircase thinking of how to handle him.

4 Likes

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Meenahcouture: 3:37pm On Apr 22, 2017
Funny husband
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Toyin223(f): 4:31pm On Apr 22, 2017
Very Soon Another Woman Will Take Ur Place

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 5:28pm On Apr 22, 2017
***** "You see why i dont like friends visiting you,... Just tell me why she was telling you about that guy,... I didn't see any ring on her finger, showing she's not yet married,....... I don't want to see her anywhere around you or this house,....."

"If that will make you happy, you wont see her again,....... I prepared lunch,..... Should i serve you? "i asked avoiding his face

He looked back at me, he was shocked i didn't talk back at him,..... I know there's something eating up my husband,.. And quarelling with him won't solve the problem,.... I need to calm down and know what is wrong with my him,....

." I'm hungry,.... Set the table, i'll join you soon,.. "

I went downstairs and served his food,.. I instructed the cook not to give food to the security guard till further notice,....

At night i couldn't sleep,..... I kept on tossing round the bed, thinking of how to solve this problem before it evaporates,.......

I didn't know when i started sobbing,....... Nelson tapped me on my shoulder,....

"Baby, why are you crying?,"

I didn't answer him, rather i increased my sobs,.....

"Baby you're breaking my heart crying like this,.. What is it?, ok, just tell me what you want, and i'll give it to you"

"I want my husband back,! "i shouted and hugged him
." But baby i'm here with you,. "

" No, this is not you,..... I know something is troubling you, tell me where i went wrong, pls..... "i knelt down and continued crying,....

He was quiet for sometime before he called me

" Amaka, Amaka,...... You always repeat the same mistake everytime,....... You don't bother how people around you feels each time you make the same mistake,...... All the problems we've had was as a result of your believing you can handle things by yourself,............ I only went to the pharmacy down the street to see a friend when i saw the nurse that works there,..... She asked me how you're faring, that she hoped that the malaria drug she gave you worked ..... I was surprised because you never told me you were sick,....... I know you would apologize and still repeat the same mistake,...... I was so embittered towards you,....i couldn't imagine how carefree you could be"

I was still on my knees.

"I stopped you from having friends because i know the kind of heart you have,one can easily gain your trust,.... The experience you had with Mrs Kanu didnt teach you a lesson,.... You need to be careful in choosing your friends,.... Your friend that came here in the afternoon have been pestering me on phone,.... She told me all your escapades with guys in the camp,..... She even went as far as telling me that you slept with most of the soldiers which i know was all lies,..... She told me she would visit you today,.. That i should eavesdrop into your conversation , that she'll make you say all you did in the camp,........ I came back out of curiosity,..... I knew you were innocent,..... This is to show you how desperate some girls can be,.......i don't know how she knew my office address, she came there to seduce me,........ She called me and told me where she was posted to teach, and it was the same school you were posted to,...... She told me how happy she was because she would try her best to be close to you, so as to get to me,......... That was when i made some contacts and the principal was begged to discharge you,.... I didn't do it intentionally,..... It was done for a purpose,.....She found out that you were pregnant and planned with the nurse to give you an abortion pill,.......... She told me that you said you dont want a baby yet, that she begged you to keep the baby but you refused,....... She said you took the abortion pills intentionally. .... I can't tell you all the rubbish she said about you, i've forgotten some"

I was shocked, i trusted Dera,..... I confided in her,..... Anytime Nelson visited camp, he always took us out,...... I told her everything about my husband,..... How he spoils me with gifts, how i spent my honeymoon, and how i desperately needed a baby,..... I allow her talk to my husband on phone.......hmmmmm, this is totally unbelievable.,........

"Baby pls forgive me of my ignorance,..... I've learnt my lessons the hard way,... I promise to change."

. He helped me to my feet,

"I love you so much, and i cant live without you,.... Try to always confide in me, your better half,.....and.. Choose your friends wisely "

He bent over and kissed me,.... I've missed my husband,.....it's been four months he touched me

" Baby, i want to make sweet love to you, "he whispered into my ears

" I'm yours, love"

We kissed for some minutes before he carried me to the bed,... He laid me, and took his time to remove my clothes,..... He kissed me down to my breast and fed on them,......... He made passionate love to me,.... We had two more rounds before we finally slept off,.........

*****The sound of his phone woke us, it was mummy, Nelson picked it

"Hello mum, why are you calling at this odd hour? "

" Chy has put to bed oooooooo,!!!!!!she gave birth to a bouncing baby girl!!! "

" I cant believe i'm now an uncle,...can i speak to her now? "

" No dear, she's asleep, i'll call you when she's awake,.... Send my regards to Amaka my baby, tell her i'm expecting her own soon".

"Yes ma"

"Bye son"

The phone went dead

We were so happy for Chy, i prayed to God to bless me with my own baby.

I woke up very late and exhausted,.... I rushed downstairs and prepared jollof rice and salad with chicken,..... I served the security guard myself to make up for starving him last night,...... When he saw me coming, he started dancing,..... I handed him the food and told him how sorry i was,....

Chy called me later and we chatted, She has now become a mother. I was so happy for her. I prayed inwardly for my own baby.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by urchman23: 5:40pm On Apr 22, 2017
Splendid!!
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by urchman23: 5:40pm On Apr 22, 2017
Spleedid!!!
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by abefe99: 5:47pm On Apr 22, 2017
tanq for d update God bless u
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 5:49pm On Apr 22, 2017
Happy weekend to everyone smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (34) (Reply)

Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / Story: Taking Chances / Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.