Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,143 members, 7,811,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! (21491 Views)

What Is The Weirdest Testimony You Heard This Year? / Share Something Nasty You Have Heard From Religious People Recently / How To Ask And Receive From God Always (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by babzo(m): 5:08pm On Mar 05, 2017
kristian98:

i love this soooo much. Thanks for this. I wish God can speak to me. I once had so much faith but after passing through an ordeal, it shattered my whole faith. I hope my little faith fully come back someday cus i know it is lost

I dont know what you went through man...so i cant say i understand.
Faith comes by hearing- hearing by the Word of God.
Read, Meditate, Memorize and study scripture....

2 Likes

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by IdiAmin2(m): 5:11pm On Mar 05, 2017
LordOfNaira:

Do you have any evidence that the content of the Bible was dictated to men by disembodied voices?

dude

you are asking a religtard for evidence

I for say u stupid for asking for evidence from a religtards.

religtards have no evidence for anything, they just spew out what others told them

2 Likes

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by trappatoni(m): 5:13pm On Mar 05, 2017
Millz404:

That shows you are not convinced of what you thought you heard. Based on that premise i can confidently say you were hallucinating which is

an experience involving the apparent perception of something not present.

One of the causes of the above includes depression which is a likely an ordeal you were going through based on the essence of the vigil and what you think you heard.

Your case lacks credibility, and that's my ruling. This case is adjourned

till when Judge Judith
Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by jabojafa(m): 5:14pm On Mar 05, 2017
seguno2:
Did you also see the vision of God in the image of Nicki Minaj like the useless church below?

https://www.nairaland.com/3664715/nigerian-church-uses-nicki-minajs
can you try this on an Islamic thread?
Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by EternalTruth: 5:14pm On Mar 05, 2017
Maximus85:

Stop deceiving yourself mbok
mkpo ase aba o

some Christians sef all because of their zeal for God do belief any hogwash that comes their way..

I mean how can he hear audibly from God and expect me to believe him.
God speaks to us through the scriptures which will rhyme with your current situation at hand giving you hope and peace.
God also speaks to us thru pastors or someone else but for God to speak audibly to him mbanu I can never subscribe to it mbok
Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 05, 2017
IdiAmin2:

pigdin2, your stupidity is at an advanced stage.

there are people who have killed there children, because they heard a voice and said god told them to do it.
they op has the same mental illness as these people, his own is just at an earlier stage,
you go and read stories of these religious people that claim jesus spoke to them and told them to kill their children, they heard the voice of god, audible voice
na so their mental illness start, just like this op.

read about the Deanna Laney murders

Really? And whose voice do you reckon Paul heard when His donkey spoke to Him

You should get yourself checked into one of those psychiatric facilities, how can you diagnose someone without seeing him in person, I don't think all is well with you
Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by EternalTruth: 5:21pm On Mar 05, 2017
tinutunde:
God still speaks audibly, I had an experience when I was a teenager, I had a boyfriend then that I "loved",I thought he would be my husband, one day I heard that voice clearly...Ola is not for you...after that day I knew the relationship was just a waste of time..i jejely left in peace
pastors don deceive this one teh.
my dear you need serious help

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Allansmith: 5:22pm On Mar 05, 2017
I hope and pray God speaks to me directly to me to perfect things soon in Jesus name..Amen
Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Chuksdthird(m): 5:23pm On Mar 05, 2017
No harm intended @ the op, check whether you are hallucinating. If it so, I advice you should seek for help from experts. This is the first step to determine the origin of the voice you heard. God bless you...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 05, 2017
LordOfNaira:

Garbage!!!

If science is not so good, how come drugs work to bring down fever? How come malaria is no longer as deadly in Africa as it used to be? How come Ebola was contained? How come people with failed kidneys or many other vital organs now get working ones and live longer? How come accident victims are brought half dead into the hospitals and many walk out alive?

And what do you mean by science has failed to ressurect anyone?

People still die of fever, headache, tummy ache, tooth ache, leg pain etc. People on admission in hospitals still die, people taking drugs as prescribed by doctors still lose their lives, doctors and nurses die. People spend millions of dollars to buy drugs and still die, accident victims still lose their lives despite being taken to hospitals

I saw a drug with the following side effects, diahorea, liver disease, kidney failure, cancer, tummy pain, mental disorders, osteoporosis, depression. This is a drug that is supposed to be used to treat an illness, a new drug that was developed in America 2016,is this not a killer drug? Yet they say the drug is a breakthrough drug, smh
Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by IdiAmin2(m): 5:25pm On Mar 05, 2017
Pidgin2:

You should get yourself checked into one of those psychiatric facilities, how can you diagnose someone without seeing him in person, I don't think all is well with you

so a donkey spoke with a human being

they had a 2 way conversation. a donkey and a human being

ok, noooo wonder!!!

this mad man i always see for allen roundabout, i saw him one day talking with his dog, and he always says the dog speaks to him too, and he understands what the dog is saying

yousee, religious belief and mental illness is one and the same

3 Likes

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by LordOfNaira: 5:25pm On Mar 05, 2017
Leks:
Yes He still speaks audibly to us. Unfortunately those who trust the voice of human reasoning and sense knowledge more than same God who gave them the brain will agree less. We can't do anything about that anyway.
It happened 20 years ago. I was lying on the couch and suddenly went into a trance. I heard God speak clearly into my hears; Four words in my dialect. It was a question. It sounded like a thousand voices rolled into one. I was weak and petrified at the same time. When I came to myself the first thing I did was beg God to opt for the still small voice the next time. I went on to respond to the question. It had to do with something I'd been praying and fasting about. He was asking to know if I indeed wanted that thing. Of course I got the miracle.
My experience doesn't need validation of anyone cos I know 'they' have their claws ready to pounce on this. It is what it is. I wasn't hallucinating neither was my brain or body playing a fast one on me. It was purely a spiritual experience.
God of Moses; The father of our Lord Jesus christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. What He has done in the past, He can even do more even in this age when it seems that godliness and faith is fast diminishing.

You went into a trance or you dozed off briefly and heard a voice. More like hallucinations from sleep paralysis.

1 Like

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by DaySpringer: 5:27pm On Mar 05, 2017
Outofsync:
I don't want to get into an argument here but take even a cursory look as to how God communicated to his prophets and see the marked difference between the op's "claim".

God once told elijah he would communicate with him.

He sent an earthquake, a wind, a hailstorm and other loud shattering noises yet the lord was not in any of those.

It was in a soft approach that the lord spoke to elijah.

Well, each to his own. I don't believe those who say the lord shouted in their ears because my God is not a God of force.

First of all you have a problem of comprehension.
Where did the OP state that God "Shouted" into his ears?
Why would God shout into someone's ears?

Secondly, God is not a God of Force?
That's funny..
Do you read your bible well so?

Third,
What about the case of Young Samuel?

1 Like

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 05, 2017
IdiAmin2:

so a donkey spoke with a human being

they had a 2 way conversation. a donkey and a human being

ok, noooo wonder!!!

this mad man i always see for allen roundabout, i saw him one day talking with his dog, and he always says the dog speaks to him too, and he understands what the dog is saying

yousee, religious belief and mental illness is one and the same

Cool, so am I to understand that you feel the bible was written by deluded folks? But history and archeology don't agree with you
Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by megareal: 5:29pm On Mar 05, 2017
Pidgin2:

Don't bother arguing the issue. To the man of the world, the things of God are foolishness. See them all over the thread salivating like feral dogs.

I'm a witness that God stil speaks. Most of the decisions I make are direct instructions from Him when I seek for directives. And they always turn out best. It's all about the relationship one has with Him.

Those who know, know.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Oyinda32(m): 5:29pm On Mar 05, 2017
Tosinex:
When people say they heard from God, it always take different dimension, it could be either in dreams, visions, revelations, prophecies or through your spirit mind.. These are the most common ways God speak to people, but he also does speak audibly to people he has chosen to. Like Moses he said he will speak to him face to face like a friend will speak to his friend this was recorded in the book of numbers Numbers 12:6-8 King James Version (KJV)
And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.
My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.
With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?

This was actually true because there came a day I would say I heard God audibly speaks to me.. The words were within a second. It was towards the end of November 2015 that my former church then was led into 14 days vigil after the vigil individually we were hoping for God's intervention in our lives, on this particular day in the evening on my bed I was when I heard him speak this words to my ears

"Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me to do"
It was as if my brother just spoke to me in my ears, I jumped off from the bed looked around to see if someone else was there with me in the room but it was only me.. I was awed and seriously I wasn't even that familiar with that scriptural verse, so I quickly type what I heard on goggle and it brought me to biblehub Jeremiah 32:27 (kjv), then I knew it was God that has just spoken to me. That was my first time in hearing audibly from God. Some of us here might have also experience such, I wouldn't mind if you can share your experience, thanks.

Brother why are you lieing cry
Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by FATM: 5:31pm On Mar 05, 2017
God is just mysterious...
Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 05, 2017
themonk:
First of all am agnostic.
Sometimes I question why religious people refuse look at the facts atheists, agnostics or generally science gives to them.
Sometimes I also wonder why scientists, atheist and agnostics refuse to probe these supernatural occurances religious people always report about.
There must be an explanation for all these things and science should inquire to find out if religious people have psychological issues or these supernatural or metaphysical occurances indicate a realm that is not accessible or has not yet been assessed by science.

I'm agnostic too, and it makes no sense when religious people claim to see all these things. In religion, you get to see what you want to see.

A budhist can also come around and say that Budha appeared to him/her. Same thing applies to the Muslim (this is even common nowadays with people saying they saw inscriptions of Allah)

The whole thing points to the fact that it's all hallucination.
Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by IdiAmin2(m): 5:36pm On Mar 05, 2017
LordOfNaira:

You went into a trance or you dozed off briefly and heard a voice. More like hallucinations from sleep paralysis.

haha, this guy, u no go kill me with laff.

just leave them to their delusions, It's entertainment for me
Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by LordOfNaira: 5:36pm On Mar 05, 2017
Pidgin2:

People still die of fever, headache, tummy ache, tooth ache, leg pain etc. People on admission in hospitals still die, people taking drugs as prescribed by doctors still lose their lives, doctors and nurses die. People spend millions of dollars to buy drugs and still die, accident victims still lose their lives despite being taken to hospitals

I saw a drug with the following side effects, diahorea, liver disease, kidney failure, cancer, tummy pain, mental disorders, osteoporosis, depression. This is a drug that is supposed to be used to treat an illness, a new drug that was developed in America 2016,is this not a killer drug? Yet they say the drug is a breakthrough drug, smh

You can't have drugs or herbs without side effects. It is not that the drugs or herbs are bad. It is because your body is regulated by chemicals that sometimes need adjustments. When one regulating chemical needs such adjustment, you will feel sick. When you take drugs, they adjust this chemical and most of the time end up readjusting other regulating chemicals that may not need readjustments at that time, hence the side effects you feel. For instance, while the antibiotic may dissipate your infections, it may cause you to have headache.

The drugs you saw must be prescriptions-only drugs.
Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 05, 2017
I pray that God will speak to me when I am conscious and fully awake
Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by LordOfNaira: 5:39pm On Mar 05, 2017
IdiAmin2:

haha, this guy, u no go kill me with laff.
just leave them to their delusions, It's entertainment for me
My brother, the thing tire me o.
Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:43pm On Mar 05, 2017
LordOfNaira:

Nonsense!!!

We are God!!! I have had people walk up to me and tell me, "Thank you for saving my life. "

Go outside and see people do things that used to seem impossible. All we need is to harness our potentials. We are God. Believe me, my brother.
. And who is saying you are not God.
All am saying is there us a source of inspiration and motivation for all you do,
Which ever you choose is left for you.

1 Like

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by IdiAmin2(m): 5:47pm On Mar 05, 2017
masonkz:

I'm agnostic too, and it makes no sense when religious people claim to see all these things. In religion, you get to see what you want to see.

A budhist can also come around and say that Budha appeared to him/her. Same thing applies to the Muslim (this is even common nowadays with people saying they saw inscriptions of Allah)

The whole thing points to the fact that it's all hallucination.

dude u have to leave them to it

the person in the delusion does not know he is in the delusion. only those outside of the bubble can see the delusion.

I've seen someone suffering from a severe case of delusion of grandeur, that kept saying he has a meeting coming up with George Bush (who was US president at that time) and that he is related with queen elizabeth and all 3 of them are meeting next week. and he deeply believed this to be a FACT, and kept asking why people dont believe him when he is just stating the facts.

i relate this to religious folks, i've had one of these delusional mofos say that jesus and 2 angels were standing in bedroom on the ceiling while he was praying in tongues, "HE SAW THEM WITH OWN 2 EYES" - his exact words. and his fellow religtards defended him saying I dont understand the 'things of god'

i asked wetin them wear? na ankara abi na jeans and t-shirts?

he said exactly what i thought he would say " long white shining robes'
laff wan kill me

1 Like

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by FATM: 5:58pm On Mar 05, 2017
beylinko:
Atimes when I see people's comments, I wonder what this generation is heading to. A generation that the things of this world is more real to us than the things of God. God still speaks but men are not listening. God is a Spirit and it takes the spiritual to hear him.
Personally, I am what I am because of hearing His voice of direction. A notable one is how I was depressed, sucidal after i had a challenge in my final year at school.There was no hope nor Joy in my life for months and was at the verge of giving up on life.
Do you know what God used, a DOG: Infact a three legged dog.
It was a hot afternoon coming from a service with those thoughts on my mind with my heads hanging down when i spotted this dog. It has three legs with one chopped off and was playing Joyful with the sand with no worries in this world and I heard God speak to my spirit that no matter what it's not worth it giving up on life looking dejected. Here is a dog that has no value compared to me being and it been Joyful despite not knowing what to eat, has no future whatsover. The owner could decide to sell it anytime or it could get killed by a vehicle or anything.
That day marked the turning point i my life. Nothing in this world is worth taking your life for,nothing.
I once had a similar experience to this....I was having an extra year thereby missing Law School that year....It became a turning point in my life...I became very serious with God....one day I was very troubled...so I decided to read my bible ( I had the Good News Bible then)...behold the first page I opened was the book of Matthew , with the illustration of a trouble man looking up the sky filled with birds..
I checked the verse under the illustrations and it was Matt 6:26...I read through and my spirit was lifted.

3 Likes

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by neocortex: 6:06pm On Mar 05, 2017
tinutunde:
God still speaks audibly, I had an experience when I was a teenager, I had a boyfriend then that I "loved",I thought he would be my husband, one day I heard that voice clearly...Ola is not for you...after that day I knew the relationship was just a waste of time..i jejely left in peace

Ola was very lucky, It would have been disaster marrying someone
who follows the voice in their head unconditionally.
When the voice say smash , you smash,
when the voice say stab ... you know the rest.
Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by jayriginal: 6:08pm On Mar 05, 2017
Pidgin2:

This is why He is sometimes called "Ancient of days", He never changes, He is not affected by time, so yes, He still uses those words, if He didn't I would be skeptical

As for His choice of words, it an assurance He gave to the brethren to build His faith, how does this affect your existence?

So if we are to believe apocalypse scenarios, in this nuclear age, God will fight his wars with chariots and bows and arrows?
Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 05, 2017
Akwasi:
I perfectly know what you are talking about....

Mine happened in 2012 one very hot afternoon. I was passing by a very tiny shop. I fact the shop was nearly empty and I would not have taken notice of it but for the fact that the owner was reading a Bible.

I greeted her as I intended to pass. Well, I remembered I needed a PK to keep my mouth fresh as I had just taken my lunch. I decided to buy from her since she was reading a Bible(that was the only reason why I decided to buy from her).

Unfortunately however, she was not having the minty blue one. She was having the traditional yellow wrapper one. Too bad she doesn't have what I need. I will have to buy from another place. That's when it happened.

As clear as a friend talking to me, I heard the gentliest of voices very audibly tell me "Buy it".

I quickly turned to see who it was. I just smiled because nobody was standing behind me to have made that comment.

I went to the woman, told her GOD wants ne to buy the PK although its not my preference. She smiled and gave me the PK. I paid her and asked her to keep the change.

What happened just blew me away! When I opened the PK, instead of the usual white colored gum that I just bought, I rather found a blue colored PK inside the yellow wrapper! Instantly I began to cry. This doesn't happen often and I was overwhelmed that of all the people in the world, it was me that GOD chose to reveal HIMSELF to.

I turned one more time and waved the woman. I didn't bother to go back to tell her what happened because I already knew she had a faith bigger than mine.

So yes GOD still speaks and reveals HIMSELF!

I hope after taking the PK it changed your life or changed the world or something otherwise it's pointless.

Do you really think God cares what kind of gum you decide to chew on? Like really?

1 Like

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by adatemi: 6:15pm On Mar 05, 2017
Mine was 2007 after my lumpectomy surgery. Became jumpy since breast cancer diagnosis and around this period I started reading the Bible. On this particular day, I woke up middle of night after dreaming that the cancer came back then I heard my name and voice asking me to go back to sleep that He (God) is here with me. Immediately I heard that I was overcome with peace and went back to sleep. When I woke up in the morning, I reminisce about what took place & knew it was God that spoke to me. To His Glory, I will be celebrating my 10th Anniversary of been Cancer Free. Thank you JESUS!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by seguno2: 6:23pm On Mar 05, 2017
jabojafa:
can you try this on an Islamic thread?

Is this a case of mistaken identity or what?
Please note that I am not Oluwaseun Osewa, owner of nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by Prospero01(m): 6:24pm On Mar 05, 2017
Any father who doesn't talk or speak to his sons and daughters is not their biological father. That said I have over time experience God leading, his voice and awesome power. I was in a shop where they sell Christian books and a woman walked in. Immediately I heard a voice, that woman has so and so infirmity right now. I didn't hesistate to tell her, the exact spot. She confirmed it. Secondly, when I wanted to be promoted at work, I had him say this week, they will promote you at your place of work. I called my friend told him. That week the HR called me gave me my letters of promotion.
A lady in Port Harcourt who was due to put to bed, passed 9months, someone gave her my contacts number. Mind you I wasn't a pastor. I just hate seeing people in pains. I prayed with her, told her I see a male child and that she would put to bed without CS. She confirmed it that scan has shown she was indeed expecting a male child. Guess what, she put to bed without CS. I haven't seen her or met her till date.
Another is somone sending money from my village to us in Lagos. I saw it clearly, told my mom the person sending it. She didn't heed to it because the money came and she almost lost her life. I had to pray and she had a dream where God told her I warned you through your son but to accept this.
A lady friend invited me to her house, while with her I heard a voice saying call the mom, tell her this and this. The ailments she is suffering from. I did. The mother and daughter were like who could have told you this.

I am use to so many of this and can go on and on. It's only a fool that says in his heart, there is no God. Shalom

7 Likes

Re: The First Day I Audibly Heard From God! by jonbellion(m): 6:25pm On Mar 05, 2017
omenka:
You meant "first day I smoked weed". cheesy
lmao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Redeemed Christian Church Of God (RCCG) Official Anthem mp3 / Understanding Mathematics Is Demonic For Primary School Children / Pastor Jimmy Odukoya Raised Funds During Service To Help Some Of His Members(vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.