Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,487 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? (7187 Views)

What Is The Funniest Way A Woman Has Used To Seduce U As A Man? / Piack A Nairalander(just For Laughs) / “I Stoled Your Heart, I Stoled Your Surname" – Pre-Wedding Photo Goes Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by TrapHedges(m): 9:50pm On Mar 05, 2017
Nmeremikwu
brofo
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by bigsmoke2(m): 9:56pm On Mar 05, 2017
Olowokanga
Okoribido
Killer (killa )
Oriakogba
Rokosun
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by mrjaybaba(m): 9:57pm On Mar 05, 2017
OROBOSA

OWOBOKIRI
ESURUOSHO
ELEJA
ONILA
ONIYAN ( ONIYANGI )

etc
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by mrjaybaba(m): 9:58pm On Mar 05, 2017
OROBOSA

OWOBOKIRI
ESURUOSHO
ELEJA
ONILA
ONIYAN ( ONIYANGI )

etc
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by chloride6: 10:01pm On Mar 05, 2017
Tiny23:
Okoribido

i think you mean okunribido
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 05, 2017
Well, these names do not sound funny per se, but the remixing we (students) gave them is certain to have Batman laughing while on a job grin

There was this strapping fella who went by the name Sodiq. Ninjas soon started calling him “Suck my dick”. Then there was this other guy named Forcados. We also started calling him “Fūck overdose”. May God forgive you Macaulay Raphael, wherever you are right now. grin

Darn! Secondary school was mad fun!
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by BWare: 10:12pm On Mar 05, 2017
Kosioko - no prick grin grin grin
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by kenigwe18: 10:16pm On Mar 05, 2017
Tiny23:

it is Okoribido
Hmmn this 1 is strong
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by kenigwe18: 10:18pm On Mar 05, 2017
Koleosho.....building the house of devil
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by StarBukola(f): 10:35pm On Mar 05, 2017
Okole, and tokosi.
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by laribari(m): 11:33pm On Mar 05, 2017
sinaj:
Agbara which means Oracle grin

What language is that? Sounds yoruba actually.
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by Mirror97: 11:36pm On Mar 05, 2017
Oshey baby & Omiremi weird names sad
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by Mikkyjay17(m): 11:52pm On Mar 05, 2017
You reminded me of Eze Ode ( A fool in my language). So many questionable surnames that would get you laughing in tears.
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by sinaj(f): 12:02am On Mar 06, 2017
laribari:

What language is that? Sounds yoruba actually.
it's Igbo
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by LoRdCaT(m): 12:03am On Mar 06, 2017
Ekeocha- white ass.. I loathe this girl til date
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by rayzornaija(m): 12:19am On Mar 06, 2017
Buhari....brutal dictator grin

Amaechi....one who sells his brother cry
Babangida.... Evil genius cool
Fashola.... Minister of darkness wink
Idi Amin...
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by pennytrate: 12:29am On Mar 06, 2017
♣ • → ok, here in the states, i remember

Pennymoney
Traypan
Buttwick
Dickenson
Clearwater

°°
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by Foxie: 12:30am On Mar 06, 2017
Otukuwambeku
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by laribari(m): 5:46am On Mar 06, 2017
sinaj:
it's Igbo

Whao! It's really strange how our Nigerian languages are so interwoven. Agbara in Yoruba means "power".

In Yoruba Language, "Ewu" means "repercussions" or "an out come" (pending on the context of usage).

However, in Igbo "Ewu" means goat grin grin.

I always tease my yoruba friends who likes to say.....e ku "Ewu" omo whenever someone gives birth to a new born baby.

It translates into a phrase like........ congratulations on the out come of your new born child.

Meanwhile, if you bring the Igbo meaning of "Ewu" into the mix; hence "Ewu Omo" would mean "goat pikin". grin

So whenever I hear my friend say e ku ewu omo o! I always ask if Na goat pikin the person born and they are all shocked; meanwhile some will be trying to explain it to me as if I don't know what I'm doing. grin grin cool cool cool

If I wanna be crazy, I put up a little argument that what I know Ewu to mean is goat... grin

1 Like

Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by sinaj(f): 8:45am On Mar 06, 2017
laribari:

Whao! It's really strange how our Nigerian languages are so interwoven. Agbara in Yoruba means "power".

In Yoruba Language, "Ewu" means "repercussions" or "an out come" (pending on the context of usage).

However, in Igbo "Ewu" means goat grin grin.

I always tease my yoruba friends who likes to say.....e ku "Ewu" omo whenever someone gives birth to a new born baby.

It translates into a phrase like........ congratulations on the out come of your new born child.

Meanwhile, if you bring the Igbo meaning of "Ewu" into the mix; hence "Ewu Omo" would mean "goat pikin". grin

So whenever I hear my friend say e ku ewu omo o! I always ask if Na goat pikin the person born and they are all shocked; meanwhile some will be trying to explain it to me as if I don't know what I'm doing. grin grin cool cool cool

If I wanna be crazy, I put up a little argument that what I know Ewu to mean is goat... grin
lol @ ewu Owo!

I will use it on my neigbour's child grin
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by sinaj(f): 8:48am On Mar 06, 2017
laribari:

You 're from Igbo abi
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by laribari(m): 10:00pm On Mar 06, 2017
sinaj:
You 're from Igbo abi

I'm delta Ibo
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by laribari(m): 10:01pm On Mar 06, 2017
sinaj:
lol @ ewu Owo!

I will use it on my neigbour's child grin

Nor let your neighbour change am for you oo! grin grin
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by Kondomatic(m): 10:08pm On Mar 06, 2017
laribari:

I'm delta Ibo
What is delta igbo bro?
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by laribari(m): 3:29am On Mar 07, 2017
Kondomatic:
What is delta igbo bro?

Delta state is very very big and the Igbo speaking part is referred to delta Ibo. I
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by mediocre(m): 7:17am On Mar 07, 2017
Nkworbi. Mouth watering surname
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 07, 2017
Ogedengbe
Asoghamuonyeanya
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by Jodha(f): 8:59am On Mar 07, 2017
Apangolo... Appah.. Urhmm.

Kiofa(which means no sense) grin
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by Mann11: 4:33am On Mar 09, 2017
Erin oso(The laughter of a wizard)
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by AceDomino(m): 8:38am On Mar 09, 2017
OMIATA.... Meaning (Peppered water)

EYINAFE.... Meaning (The teeth we love)
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by Redman36(m): 11:00am On Mar 09, 2017
UDOEWAH..which translate literally as 'second child of a dog'.
Re: Just For Laughs.. What Is The Funniest Surname You Ever Heard In School? by Fhowe: 11:44pm On Mar 09, 2017
ogunribido

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Long Distance Relationship Is A Time Waster For Women. / THIS IS Where The Money Is [Picture] / Reasons Why You Should Try Inter-tribal Marriage In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.