Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,447 members, 7,861,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:06 AM

Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? (38463 Views)

We’ll Rule Lagos For 35 More Years – APC / Jimi Agbaje Is Too Old To Rule Lagos- Gov. Fashola / PDP Will Never Rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 22, 2007
hey dayokanu sup,feel u point and spirit ok,i am sorry if that line offended u.remember this is just a thread and we just have different political ideas aiight,it doesnt make us enemies.

safe man!!!!!! let the best man win .but i hope and pray its KORO grin grin grin grin grin
nice debate and argument with u.
stay up
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by dayokanu(m): 4:05pm On Mar 22, 2007
No hard feelings at all but I maintain just like I would say for Bayern Munich , A.C(not Milan) for life democracy forever and as for you, Koro for life but I wish you join the light
Eko o ni baje
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 22, 2007
yeah my man dayo PDP 4 me AC 4 u,2morrow we mite both be in DPA grin grin grin so lets start doing more of consultation than abusing ourselves on this thread,as my man will say and i quote"elections are not won by sweeping the streets of lagos or by pasting millions of posters,but elections are won by due consultation"- senator musiliu Obanikoro,so lets do more of that and see whose candidate comes out tops

thanks 4 understanding aiight i feel u my man.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by juvenile: 4:23pm On Mar 22, 2007
@kitaun

trust me, im a journalist in one of the popular newspapers. i know what i am saying when i say that the christian community is behind femi pedro. the problem is will they go out to vote come election day?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nijababe: 7:57pm On Mar 22, 2007
Pls watch the debate it's on now,
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 9:13pm On Mar 22, 2007
Channels tv do correct today.
Jimi agbaje finished pedro today. Pedro no fit control himself sha. Correct! Channels arranged d best 4 today
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Mustay(m): 9:17pm On Mar 22, 2007
This is the original debate- not d katakata that was done last.
Agbaje has spoken well so far as well as pedro. But not until now, pedro lost control.
"o kii so iru nkan be nita now"
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 11:54pm On Mar 22, 2007
Does anyone dispute Fashola outshone them today?
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kitaun(m): 11:56pm On Mar 22, 2007
@Femilangy, 'wont' is correct in the text as I used it, consult ur English teacher and tell Koro to do d same!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by debosky(m): 12:05am On Mar 23, 2007
abeg did anyone dub the interview? make someone put am on youtube or something make we watch!
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by segun44: 12:18am On Mar 23, 2007
pedro is d best man for d job,his integrity has been proven,has great plans for lagos,together we will make it happen.www.femipedro.com for manisfesto plz check it out
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by segun44: 12:21am On Mar 23, 2007
@ mustay,pedro did not lose control,agbaje made a complete fallacy,he could not back his points.he later apologized to mr pedro after d debate.pedro integrity has been proving,agbaje is d one without one.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by juvenile: 2:26am On Mar 23, 2007
kai

the debate was hot and tense.

- obanikoro was the most surprising. he answered every question. found it a little difficult to articulate himself.
- femi pedro had the best applause and best answers to questions. especially the question of treasury of the state that got him the only applause in the debate.
- jimi agbaje wasnt bad but tried cheap shot at femi pedro which was a low point. you dont try to assasinate anyone's character especially a man who is very passionate about his clean record. i believe femi reacted very well by immediately answering the accusation. agbaje later hugged and apologised to femi pedro.
- fashola was not especially impressive. he seems to be cramming the answers to questions. he also didnt win any audience support by saying the primaries were free and fair. he also seemed flat in some questions.

in all it was a good debate. there was no clear winner like the last LTV debate. obanikoro showed that he is not "empty" and he does have something up there. femi pedro stood slightly above everyone else because of his passion, track record and ease to which he delivered his answers. jimi agbaje showed a little more emotion in his speech but messed up by cheaply trying to assasinate femi pedro's character.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by hoao62: 2:52am On Mar 23, 2007
Please, man, you guys are talking about agbaje attempting to assasinate his character. I see it differently. It is a question he needs to answer so that lagosians know.
Why havent we heard him respond to Tinubu who said that he could trust Pedro with the State treasury. DO you guys understand that that means he is calling Pedro a thief and we have heard nothing from pedro challenging that.
Secondly it is his plan that backfired, he tried to make agbaje look bad and besides his reaction was too out of place, it was a simple question.

Oh and besides, who told you Agbaje apologized,
because they hugged doesnt mean he apologized. I think Agbaje came out on top in this one,
Koro also did Ok, suprsingly
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by juvenile: 3:20am On Mar 23, 2007
first off.

agbaje did not win the debate. any non-agbaje supporter will tell you that.
plus he flaunted the rules of the debate by trying to assasinate the character of another candidate. that did not go very well with the audience and of course with femi pedro.

femi pedro answered the treasury issue and the audience (with all parties) applauded.

the debate and indeed the theme of the elections is integrity. everyone holds femi pedro to high esteem in that department. so he is the candidate all others try to pick on. if integrity and trust wins this elections, pedro wins outright. tinubu's job which agbaje just inherited is to try to mess that image.

fashola was also picked on by the audience and other candidates because of the seemingly easy way he became gubernatorial candidate of the AC.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by kakad: 3:29am On Mar 23, 2007
i think femi pedro won the debate.

i am either voting for jimi agbaje or femi pedro (was leaning towards jimi until this debate)

i think what jimi agbaje did was bad. no one has issues with femi pedro's integrity and i think that is what scares the candidates. its very sellable.

thats probably why jimi agbaje tried what he did. it backfired because femi pedro already had the audience behind him after the treasury question. also if femi pedro did not react as genuinly as he did, questions will be asked as whether jimi had some information everyone else did not. information that he did not bring out before the debate to neutralize femi pedro's growing popularity. yeah right

@juvenile
i think you are wrong about fashola. he did very well. he just was not convincing.

its my opinion.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 4:09am On Mar 23, 2007
@kakad, there were no winners, but there was A loser, i was shocked and dissapointed at jimi's approach last night, it showed his immaturity and desperation, in all honesty, jimi lost votes,

same of the same finally admits to being the same of the same as well, "mr afenifere", your strategy is backfiring

whats even more dissapointing is that HE actually lost votes tonight, he effectively ruled himself out of the race,

all others did an OK job,
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by bolaoni(m): 8:30am On Mar 23, 2007
I didn't get to watch the debate.

But the issue is that how many of those that will ACTUALLY vote
watch the debate. What do those area boys know about debate?
What does the market woman know about debate?

If only election is won by what a candidate says at the debate, then I
will be rest assured somebody credible, that has something to offer will
win the election. But Alas! it is not supposed to be over here.

I remember the 1999 Presidential debate. To a lot of people Olu Falae
floored [/b]Baba Iyabo in the debate and even Shinkafi floored Atiku in their
own debate, but the rest is history. Nigerians don't vote based on what
the candidates plan to do, they vote based on who sells himself to them
by any means.

What we should know is that these politicians know that and they just attend
these debates to appeal to a lower percentage of the voters: The Learned. Now
that you all know who won the debate, will you be PROUD of campaigning for
him [b]OPENLY?
lipsrsealed
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 9:41am On Mar 23, 2007
@ bolaoni on a given day, the debate is meant to be just a mere formality with very little impact, but this time around it is very diifferent, as you can imagine the field is really spread out, and there's a large chunk of voters who will vote based on yesterday

it is very good that there seems to be a lot of transparency this time around. lagosians know who they r goin to vote for

in the meantime check out ths link, it shows u some of the excitement about femi pedro that resides with the people
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-1158508808239939037&q=femi+pedro

its a bit long but its nice and funny
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 9:47am On Mar 23, 2007
people, y dont you accept the fact that koro was the man in yesterday's debate.
kitaun,
Y was fashola liein to us sayin refuse is not being burnt at olusosun, y is he coverin up for the lapses of tinubu, has i talk to u now the whole of ojota is in a pollution mess now go and check it, who the hell is he, just because he is an errand boy to the gov. he believes he can rule lagos, y was he liein abt his selection, saying there was an election (ac primaries) we all knew he was hand picked by tinubu. he shld hide his face in shame. y did he lie abt the fire trucks as if it was bought by lasg when it was actually donated by the british govt.,
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 10:01am On Mar 23, 2007
my problem has always been with polititians that are not in touch with the real world and jimi showed dat yesterday, he is talkin abt oil and gas, in lagos? how many oil and gas jobs can we have in lagos, i mean lets be real, we are in lagos no niger delta, we are talkin abt millions of jobs here, that shows jimi agbaje isnt real lets face it. well i dont blame him he has never had it rough in his life, and he played right into the trap of koro thats y koro asked him abt his background. and the proud jimi said my father was this my mother was that, it shows he is not a self made man, like koro and pedro. he is too arrognt and i lost my respect for him.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 23, 2007
KITAUN finally we can see tinubu is just a big liar by saying KORO o gbo oyinbo,imagine ,koro expressed him self yesterday and i was triped,or was he speaking hausa kitaun?

u claim fashola floored everyone last nite shocked shocked shocked are u sure its the same debate i watched u watched?because fashola was the least prooped candidate yesterday,imagine femi pedros question to him,and i quote
"u are just the chief of staff to tinubu and ur job functions is just to manage the administrative office of the governor how then can u claim credit to doing this and that in this administration" infact i was so happy with that question,and he fumbled again answering pedro.

for agbaje i was not too impessed,with the kind of props that has been given to this man i was dissapointed when he was saying oil and gas in lagos shocked shocked shocked shocked how dose he want to create oil and gas jobs in lagos? i was happy wen KORO floored him on that talk.

left to me i will give PEDRO and KORO yesterdays debate.

KITAUN and DAYOKANU fashola has lost this race take my words.
why u dey flash me yesterday chairman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u sabi ur self oh make i no yan for ere.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 10:37am On Mar 23, 2007
juvenile,
u say u are a journalist man u shld start getin ur facts rite cos pple like u cld mislead the public. femi pedro shld go and learn how to keep cool. i have nothin against him but he simply cant win cos he ll not deliver, we need someone that is strong willed, maybe he shld have gone for senate under pdp. to me he is part and parcel of tinubus corrupt govt. even his oga can not trust him so y shld i trust him, accordin to jimi, he left gtb under a very shady circumstance which only those in his office cld knw,  i feel he can not rule lagos, he isnt a grassroot man, he shld just chill,
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by platnum: 11:43am On Mar 23, 2007
[b]Well i love this forum and that is why i am registering here,
To me, i am not a believer of the majority, whether you like it or not, the truth would be said.
The issue on who will RULE lagos come May 2007 is not for this forum nor its members to decide, rather lets leave it to the so called INEC to decide,
After watching the Channels TV organised GUBER DEBATE last night, it is evident that the most CREDIBLE and meaningful candidate is no one else but JIMI AGBAJE, we do have had enough of dictatorship, I can say that in the lagos of today, we all here are living average and we do not need funds from AC, Labor Party or DPA to live on, lagosians are farther better than that, At least we can afford to pay for internet services which we use now,
From the Debate last night, it was evident that KORO is a wreck, no good english on record, no strategies, and to crown his disabilities, he cant account for a good past,
Fashola on his path, we all know, is Tinubu's BOY, and that was why PEDRO and AGBAJE fled to other parties, From reliable sources, ABGAJE was actually supposed to be the candidate at AC and last night, FASHOLA made a statement that " I WAS NOT CHOSEN, I WAS ELECTED across the wards in Lagos" and the learned crown yelled "WHAOOOOO". Its no longer news that he was handed the ticket,
As For Femi Pedro, He had no political Ambitions until he tasted the office of the Deputy Governor, he also said he would setup an office of the ethics and corruption control under his office, which is like ripping and covering it up, Tinubu was quoted to have said that He couldnt trust him with the Treasury, and also Jimmy raised an issue last night about him, he stated that:
"I am a ShareHolder at the Guaranty Trust Bank which you worked under, and i will not DISCUSS the circumstaces under which you left GTB"!!!!!!!! WHAT A MESS!!!!
For someone of Pedro's Calibre, he is nothing but FRAUD himself. I can Imagine what you are thinking now,
Jimmy Agbaje is a pharmacist and a 1978 graduate of University of Ife ( presently known as Obafemi Awolowo University). He is presently the Secretary of the Political Committee of the organization. As a member of the Concerned Professionals he played an active role during the agitation against the military regime of the late Gen. He has been in politics longer than both Fashola and Femi Pedro, he was the secretary of the Afenifere for a long time, and talking about having people in a campaign organization, we do not need more than a leader, we do not need someone like Fashola who Tinubu will dictate to, God Forbid it,

Please we need to rise up and appreciate this man, the man who can TRULY do it for us, the man who can take us places, i will not be in Lagos during the elections as i will be fleding for my dear life. The FG has recently imported 40,000 AK 47 guns with 20 million ammunitions, 20,000 rifles with 10 Million ammunitions and all that, and KORO's slogan is well known to be "KO SI KORO KO SI IBO", please wise up and vote wisely.

Olawale Oluewu
08036517369[/b]
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 11:57am On Mar 23, 2007
Haha, after watching debate yestrday, agbaje is the man? you are a dreamer. even fashola did better than him. its a shame that some of you will come on this webstie and question femi pedro's integrity. look, agbaje was desperate yesterday- the commmon man knows and saw that.  femi pedro left gtb with his integrity intact. he left first atlantic with his integrity intact. he is going to move to alausa with his integrity intact. there's no point wasting time on that issue.

platnum (aka jimi agbaje himself), for you to come on here calling pedro a fraud is more than a travesty. you must be jimi agbaje himself, because he is the only one who will stoop that low because of desire to win election

jimi, u will not succeed.

you have not managed anybody. (aside from 20 employees in jaykay pharmacy). you have not acheived antyhing on meritocracy, just family name. you and pedro are not on the same managerial level. pedro worked his way to the top. he is the most transparent of the candidates. jimi has just shown us his true colors more and more,

when tinubu calls him out and says he cannot be trusted, that is tinubu and his sinking ship being desperate. nobody expects pedro to take such accusations seriously. moreover, in the 4 years as his deputy, not ONCE did tinubu say anything to this effect,  so don't be stupid and come up here acting like u kno what d hell you're talking about jimi agbaje,

i used to have respect for you, but i have lost all respect for you. since january i had been parading you as a credible candidate, but for you lot to come here trying to defragment someone else's character is true to your desperation.

i urge you all to stay away from this man called jimi agbaje. he is the true fraud. any other candidate you can vote for. but not this man.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

the man who has been shouting that we should not vote for the same of the same, happens to be the same of the same. disgrace.

on a brighter note, NLC is organizing 2 million man march for pedro tommorow. be there.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by GForce1: 12:04pm On Mar 23, 2007
What is it with this "Grassroot Man" comments?.

My question then is this - Do you appoint a lunatic to run the asylum?

The problem of Lagos is glaring to anyone who would care to look.  Is it not time we start educating ourselves (the grassroot) to vote according to the credibility of candidates instead of sentiments.

Based on comments I've read in this forum Pedro comes across as the lesser of all evils.

@ Streetcyph - Your arguments have been truly constructive, it's been a pleasure reading.

@ Juvenile - Your debut piece into the forum was impressive, I enjoyed reading your statistical contribution.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 12:27pm On Mar 23, 2007
platinum,
it is obvious u are a jimi agbaje fan,so stop pretending, jimi agbaje was a complete disgrace and arrogant, hhe is fake. so proud. from the debate jimi said he ll build 20,000 units of accommodation, but u need at least 150,000 units of accommodation a year to help us out. agbaje does not knw the problems of lagos at all, y are sayin kor is a wreck? Y
give me a grammarticl error line he committed. please., That guy knows lagos, like the back of his palms. so stop being petty, he is a grassroot man, jimmy cldnt have ac won primaries lie lie, lets give koro credit. please where is the oil and gas jobs in lagos? may be i am not seein it, he should go on and administer vdrugs in jk pharmacy, koro has a sound knowledge about lagos abeg give it to him, u just dont like koro, and y are u puttin ur gsm no. u are lookin for cheap popularity like jay kay, no be beef, jk was the worst last nite,
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by hoao62: 3:51pm On Mar 23, 2007
You people can keep fooling yourselves. Pedro got it the worst in this debate, from both Agbaje and Fashola.
He was trying to be slick, to attack Agbaje and it backfired.
I am sure there is a reason he was so agitated at the comment by Jimi,
Jimi is on the board of directros of GTB and he and Pedro will know what he is reffering to.
I respected him for not coming out and saying it directly because it is not in his place to do that. Instead it is up to Pedro to come out and tell us truth as to the circumstances surrounding why he left GTB.
Secondly, he should explain to us why Tinubu said he is a thief and cannot be trusted.

I see the Pedro fans getting agitated. Truth of the matter is this, Pedro has no structure on ground , besides his labor people and what he attemted to do yesterday and the previous debate was to attack the gentle mannered agbaje and hopefully discredit him.
Soon enough i'm sure things will come to light.
We will know why Pedro left GTB and why Tinubu called him a thief.
I have read Agbaje's and Pedro's manifesto and in all honesty Pedros cannot stand up to Agbajes. Besides, the man doesnt promise things he wont deliver( everybody promiseds the 4th mainland bridge, 4 years later wehre is it?).

And if pedro has so many ideaas e.t.c Why hasnt he contributed any of them to the current administration (according to Fashola). He has not presented any ideas since entering office.
That is truly sad.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by hoao62: 4:18pm On Mar 23, 2007
By the way, for those of you who dont know, there is oil in badagry and Epe,
You guys have to think outside the box man, no disrespect intended.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by streetcyph: 4:28pm On Mar 23, 2007
i can bet my bottom dollar that hoa62 is one of mr agbaje's internet IDs,

jimi agbaje was never- i repeat never- on gtb board of directors. his daddy was chairman, his brother was a gm.

hoa62 (aka jimi agbaje) i dont know which one amuses me more- your stupidity or your ignorance. femi pedro left gtb after spending close to 10 years at the bank as the assistnt general manager to becme MD of first altantic bank. that is what we call a promotion. ignorance is a disease.

pedro did not steal one kobo. if he did, dont u think tinubu would have brought that out by now? tinubu made a reckless statement and tinubu already apologized to pedro in a private meeting chaired by pastor adeboye, so dont come here acting like you know what is going on. hiss.

labour doesnt have structure? i heard thats what you went to tell the CAN leaders the other day. mr jimi, you are fooling yourself.
april 14th, u and ur people will see labour turnout. we dont even need to wait till then. why not go for their million man march 2moro.

pedro came up with brt and other things.

tell me what you have read in pedro's manifesto. back up your talk with facts.

administrators, ban this guy. he is chatting opata here. hisss
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 4:45pm On Mar 23, 2007
streetcyph ,
femi pedro left gtb and he was out of bankin for abt two yrs he didnot leave gtb and go straight to first atlantic (which was comet merchant bank at that time) so get ur fact rite ok.
Re: Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007? by madejibo: 4:54pm On Mar 23, 2007
hoao62 ,
we are talkin of immediate employment u are talkin of oil in epe and badagry, come on lets be real, when ll dat actualise, is it a state govt project? u see that is wat i hate u guys are not real, u think u are in yanky or jand guy wake up, we need employment u are talkin of epe and badagry oil? u go find job for there now, dey go dey brain wash u u go dey follow, oil and gas koo, oil and gas nii,my guy wake up, and be real.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (31) (Reply)

IPOB Member Traveled From Austria To Japan To Protest Against President Buhari / NNPC Discovers Crude Oil, Gas in Bauchi State. VIDEO / Makinde Appoints Julian Nwachukwu, An Igbo Woman As Liaison Officer For Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.