Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,855 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Tradition - A Story - Literature (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tradition - A Story (1138806 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tradition - A Story by ladyverere(f): 10:12pm On Apr 09, 2017
Yes, Freda is to be blamed for twisting Mia, but each of us are personally responsible for our actions. Mia is old enough to rise above all thar negativity. She is really her mother's daughter. How so alike they are!

Great job Chumzy.

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by nifemilizD: 11:40pm On Apr 09, 2017
great work, keep it up
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 7:49am On Apr 10, 2017
cutediva87:
people be calling mia slut an all manner of names, what ever mia turns out to be today is all her mothers fault.it is better you don't love any of your child attal than to love one more than the other. it promotes jealousy, hatred envy and all negative emotions that can lead one to reacting in away that is not nice. I blame her mother.
you are correct. But everyone is responsible for his/her own actions at the end of the day. On the last day, she wont stand and say her mother was the cause of her wickedness or what not. She has a choice of facing her life with full seriousness and making something nice out of it. But no, instead she wants to steal her sister's man

4 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by TheBlessedMAN: 8:07am On Apr 10, 2017
Chumzypinky:

you are correct. But everyone is responsible for his/her own actions at the end of the day. On the last day, she wont stand and say her mother was the cause of her wickedness or what not. She has a choice of facing her life with full seriousness and making something nice out of it. But no, instead she wants to steal her sister's man
you make it sound as if you and your pen are not the architect of Mia's wayward life.
As if she wasn't acting under the duress of you and your pen...only gawd can save Mia frm you my wife... Happy new week

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 10, 2017
am beginning to hate this mia of a girl... tanks@chumzy pinky
Re: Tradition - A Story by Orlolahdey(f): 8:46am On Apr 10, 2017
cutediva87:
people be calling mia slut an all manner of names, what ever mia turns out to be today is all her mothers fault.it is better you don't love any of your child attal than to love one more than the other. it promotes jealousy, hatred envy and all negative emotions that can lead one to reacting in away that is not nice. I blame her mother.
U are actually right BT she's taking it too far
Re: Tradition - A Story by bimberry1307(f): 10:01am On Apr 10, 2017
Mia has finally disappointed me. I thought you'll come out good to show your mother how wrong she is. your life is in your hands and you should be responsible for whatever you make out of it.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 10, 2017
Mummy I thought you love me, now I know better. Even wizsolzy my brother from red ashes didn't ask of me. #sniffs# is well... Lemme come and be going peacefully.

Goes back quietly to page 10 singing hymn 360 of ancient and modern

Modified :
Finally I'm here page 52. Yippee!!! You never disappoints & that's why I loves you plenty. You're good with the ink and a great writer. Been trying to call you since Saturday but your numbers are switched off. Please hope you are good and my inlaw is preparing to meet us. Success in your exam and have a stress-free delivery, you're always in my mind @chumzypinky
Re: Tradition - A Story by Temmy3444: 11:47am On Apr 10, 2017
Nice one..... Bt d update is too slow pls do sumtin abt it maa
Re: Tradition - A Story by wizsolzy(m): 2:50pm On Apr 10, 2017
Prettyhurts:
Mummy I thought you love me, now I know better. Even wizsolzy my brother from red ashes didn't ask of me. #sniffs# is well... Lemme come and be going peacefully.

Modified :
Finally I'm here page 52. Yippee!!! You never disappoints & that's why I loves you plenty. You're good with the ink and a great writer. Been trying to call you since Saturday but your numbers are switched off. Please hope you are good and my inlaw is preparing to meet us. Success in your exam and have a stress-free delivery, you're always in my mind @chumzypinky

Oh sister pweetyhurts..I ask after u nd Mummy chumzypinky said u went for hornymoon ...I just lock up because I no won disturb you nd BROS...I said lemme wait till u come back...Did I do anything wrong world people

Re: Tradition - A Story by BlissfulJeff(m): 6:43pm On Apr 10, 2017
beautiful update.kip it coming
Re: Tradition - A Story by Precial419: 7:31pm On Apr 10, 2017
Very nix work madam i love this storyline. i cant blame mia for her character but her moda. der is no human being dat is born wit good or bad character.it is learnt. dis case is purely psychologicaly to me. pls if anyone have seen or heard where somebody plants corn and harvest tomatoes. let me knw. children r plants to b nurtured. if u want a good harvest den give d plants d best treatment u can afford. keep up d gud work. inspirational piece
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 10:11pm On Apr 10, 2017
Prettyhurts:

Modified :

lol. I'm very sorry.
I always had it in mind to call you or even ask 'bout you here on NL but it always skipped my mind for reasons best known to my mind. So sorry. Where have you been all this while?
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 10:13pm On Apr 10, 2017
Temmy3444:
Nice one..... Bt d update is too slow pls do sumtin abt it maa
i'm very sorry dear. I alerted you guys beforehand tho. I knew it was going to be like this, that was why i apologised earlier?
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 11:46pm On Apr 10, 2017
Tradition....
'that your sister is poo' Chinny cursed falling on the sofa 'she's so rude. And to think that she was my classmate way back in secondary school' She rolled her eyes 'she seemed to me as nice girl then'

'i really dont know what changed her' Shiv complained burying her face in her palms 'she was never like this'

'well...people do change' Dora interjected 'there's just something dark about her that i cant place. Shiv, you just have to be careful of that sister of yours'

'and i noticed something at the party' Chinny said looking at both Dora and Shivani 'its very unlikely of both of you not to quarel in a day. And i also saw you both jisting, exchanging smiles and glances which is very confusing. What is happening? Dora, have they sent you to put jazz in Shivani's food and you figured out that there's no other way to do it but be friends with her?'

Dora forced a laughter 'indeed! Please, its been a long night and i really need to retire to bed. Whenever Dike comes back, say me good night to him for me, okay?' She was already climbing the stairs, her high-heeled shoes in her hand.

'alright' Chinny and Shivani echoed.

'see Shivani' Chinny looked up to see if Dora had completely disappeared out of sight 'look, its not as if i cant say this in front of her or anything, but listen and listen very carefully. You. Have. To. Be. Careful. With. Dora. You have to be extra careful if you know what i mean. Dont be fooled by this her new friendly behaviour. Keep your distance and always watch your back. I know why i'm telling you this. Be very careful. Very very careful. I like you thats why i'm telling you. If i dont like you, i wont warn you. Just be careful. Understand?'

Shiv smiled and nodded. She didnt have the strength to argue much. Quarelling with Mia at the party had weakened her 'alright ma'

'have a goodnight then. Make i go chilax jareh' She stood up from the stairs, packed her yellow flowing gown from the floor and made for the stairs.

'yeah you too. I'll also retire in a jiffy'

'woreva'

Shiv sighed loudly. She picked her phone and felt like calling her mother 'hello mum' She said immediately her mother picked.

'hello dear how are you? Hope you've gotten home?' The place still sounded noisy which meant her mother was still at the party.

'yes. We just did. You're still at the palace?'

'yeah. But i'm fixin' to leave. Why did you call?'

'uhm....its about what happened today at the party. Mum, i just want to apologise. I'm very sorry. I...i never meant for....'

'Shivani' Her mother interrupted slowly.

'ma?'

'there's nothing for you to apologise about dear. We all know your sister is the bad egg here and the trouble magnet. She never stays out of trouble and always the cause of misfortunes. Its only unfortunate she succeeded in dragging you into her mess this time around. I'm not mad at you. So just relax'

'thanks mum'

'and Mia...heaven knows what i'm....'

'mum please...' Shiv said immediately 'cant you please...please, just let bygones be bygones. Please dont punish Mia. It was all my fault' She felt really bad. If only she hadnt gone to Mia's table. If only she had remained where she was seated. All that wouldnt have happened.

'stop pleading for her. Shivani, the earlier you start understanding your sister for who she is, the better for you and i. Your sister isnt the saint you think she is. That girl is cursed. Highly cursed'

'mum!'

'look, no amount of your pleading is going to save Mia this time. That girl has bitten more than she can chew. She wants to disgrace me. Imagine people coming to me and asking me if Mia was actually my daughter and that i failed in raising her up properly. What disgrace! I've never been this embarassed my whole life!'

'mum, just take it easy and calm down. Its all going to pass i assure you'

'Mia is going to pay for what she did. And nothing's going to stop her from leaving my house this night. Bet me'

'mum, please dont try something rash....'

'what is this!' Mia screamed when she switched on the light and found her luggages packed together in the sitting room.

Her mum who had been sleeping on the sofa woke up immediately 'my madam is finally back'

Mia looked at the luggage again before looking back at her mother 'what is this?' She asked again.

'isnt it obvious that you're leaving my house today Mia? Are you blind to see that i've done you the favour of packing all your things together so it'd be easy for you to leave?'

'but mum....'

'dont mum me!' Freda raised her well manicured fingers and rose up from the sofa 'Mia, i dont care what the time is right now. But you have to pick up your bags and leave. I'm sick and tired of everything related to you! You're leaving my house now and not even Shiv would be able to beg on your behalf'

Mia stared at her mother as tears threatened to form in her eyes but she hardened her heart. Her mother was never going to make her cry. Never again.

'thank you' She picked her bags and left.

TBC

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by ceedarlin1(f): 11:54pm On Apr 10, 2017
Am loving this already. Kisses to you honey. #olivertwist
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 3:14am On Apr 11, 2017
embarassed

Is this woman not going too far?
I mean, It's one thing to hate your daughter and it's another thing to send her out of the house.
I just pray nothing happens to my Mia or perhaps this will make her realize that she has to workhard and prove to her mum that she isn't useless.

2 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by honourable356(m): 6:45am On Apr 11, 2017
Inasmuch as I realized that this is purely a work of your own creative imagination, you still have to make it sound so REAL...that even the most intelligent reader,the most ardent critics would have no choice but remain glued to the story.

Now think about it for a moment...No matter how much a mum hate her daughter or son..No matter the level of wickedness a woman is,it is highly highly unlikely for her to send her own daughter away from her house when the said daughter has no job or any sources of income.

Nine out of ten times,I do not see this happening unless of course the daughter was not one she birthed.

Secondly ,it is clear that MIA is also educated as the story unfolds...inasmuch as she is desperate... inasmuch as she lack a mother's love,the tactics you portrayed her to be using to get what she want is amateurish!

How can she sit that close to where Dike is supposed to when all the wives as sited at a particular place? How come no security OE usher spot her sitting at that place which I am guessing is restricted when she is not even a wife, sister or close relation to Dike.

Is that even possible?

Basically your creative ability is spot on but just one hitch...

Make the story seem like something that happened in reality in the eyes of your readers/ audience that NO one would be close to ascertain If it is merely a fiction or a true life story...which in my opinion would make the story highly unpredictable making everyone eagerly anticipating to know what happened next.

There is no limit to possibility...
Best wishes!

24 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 8:46am On Apr 11, 2017
honourable356:
Inasmuch as I realized that this is purely a work of your own creative imagination, you still have to make it sound so REAL...that even the most intelligent reader,the most ardent critics would have no choice but remain glued to the story.

Now think about it for a moment...No matter how much a mum hate her daughter or son..No matter the level of wickedness a woman is,it is highly highly unlikely for her to send her own daughter away from her house when the said daughter has no job or any sources of income.

Nine out of ten times,I do not see this happening unless of course the daughter was not one she birthed.

Secondly ,it is clear that MIA is also educated as the story unfolds...inasmuch as she is desperate... inasmuch as she lack a mother's love,the tactics you portrayed her to be using to get what she want is amateurish!

How can she sit that close to where Dike is supposed to when all the wives as sited at a particular place? How come no security OE usher spot her sitting at that place which I am guessing is restricted when she is not even a wife, sister or close relation to Dike.

Is that even possible?

Basically your creative ability is spot on but just one hitch...

Make the story seem like something that happened in reality in the eyes of your readers/ audience that NO one would be close to ascertain If it is merely a fiction or a true life story...which in my opinion would make the story highly unpredictable making everyone eagerly anticipating to know what happened next.

There is no limit to possibility...
Best wishes!

thanks dear. Would work on it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 11, 2017
I really don't understand Freda, sending Mia out of her house is/was a no no now. Why is she not giving her the mother's love, abi is there something she's hiding about her? Was she raped and Mia the fruit of the incident cos I don't understand the hatred. I forsee Mia doing terrible terrible things. Well the ink belongs only to the writer.

Chumzypinky been around dear just busy. Your numbers still not connecting, hope my daughters, the one in the oven and hubby are good?
Wizsolzy liars are reliable to grow white hairs before 40.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by supernet4(f): 10:25am On Apr 11, 2017
Prettyhurts:
I really don't understand Freda, sending Mia out of her house is/was a no no now. Why is she not giving her the mother's love, abi is there something she's hiding about her? Was she raped and Mia the fruit of the incident cos I don't understand the hatred. I forsee Mia doing terrible terrible things. Well the ink belongs only to the writer.

Chumzypinky been around dear just busy. Your numbers still not connecting, hope my daughters, the one in the oven and hubby are good?
Lol@liars a liable to grow white hair b4 40

@ chumpzypinky I guess am right keep up d good wrk

Am much of a silent reader but Av been here since inception reading ur story it's like a medicine to me
Tnx anyway more ink to ur pen
More data to ur Fone or lappy
Re: Tradition - A Story by wizsolzy(m): 11:38am On Apr 11, 2017
[quote
Wizsolzy liars are reliable to grow white hairs before 40.[/quote]

Hmmmmm is dat so .
...Who will I ask now...Ok let me ask ikombe first

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 2:55pm On Apr 11, 2017
Prettyhurts:

they are fine. As for my lines, i travelled to my husband's village for the burial of his uncle, so my lines arent connecting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by talk2saintify(m): 3:21pm On Apr 11, 2017
Freda na Stupid Being oooo

AS if she any better

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by rosalieene(f): 4:51pm On Apr 11, 2017
Freda has really gone too far this time around. Mia will continue to misbehave and hate her
Re: Tradition - A Story by BlissfulJeff(m): 5:54pm On Apr 11, 2017
chumzypinky kilode....ur updates is getting too short o.pls do sumtin about it
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 12, 2017
Wonderful update/episode. Madam chumzy keep it up.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 8:25pm On Apr 12, 2017
BlissfulJeff:
chumzypinky kilode....ur updates is getting too short o.pls do sumtin about it
i will dear

2 Likes

Re: Tradition - A Story by wizsolzy(m): 9:07pm On Apr 12, 2017
Chumzypinky:

i will dear

Mummy chumzypinky I saw ur name I thought you u HV updated​. I leave my food come check na I will dear is wat I saw...

Which kind life

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Ifecoded(m): 9:23pm On Apr 12, 2017
And Freda just become the Character I hate most.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Ferdinard99: 12:28am On Apr 13, 2017
@ honourable356 In as much you pointed out some observations. I want you to understand that Education has nothing to do with Personality.
somebody can be educated (book wise) but lack character and personal dignity.
just my opinion, no offence intended
Re: Tradition - A Story by yusufibrahim(m): 9:13am On Apr 13, 2017
Ferdinard99:
@ honourable356 In as much you pointed out some observations. I want you to understand that Education has nothing to do with Personality.
somebody can be educated (book wise) but lack character and personal dignity.
just my opinion, no offence intended
I agree with. Such people are called educated illiterates

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (137) (Reply)

Number 225 Katakata Street / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.